Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt (624 Views)

Olumide Akpata Writes To INEC Complaining Of LP Not Wanting To Conduct Primaries / Nothing Wrong With The SE Wanting Igbo President / How's Democracy Day Celebrated In Your State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
There is this ridiculous, stupid and outrageous story that an Ikwerre group petitioned the CP off Police in Rivers State that Ohanaeze should not celebrate Igbo day in Portharcourt, and the CP actually heard the petition, and warned Ohanaeze

I dont know if the story is true or not, but it doesn't make it any less stupid. Chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution gives every Nigerian the right of free movement across the Nigerian state, unhindered. It also grants every Nigerian freedom of association and belief.

In other words, any Igbo man is constitutionally empowered to celebrate Igbo day, anywhere in Nigeria. So why would a group petition against a constitutional right granted to all? Why would a commissioner of Police even entertain such petition that is unconstitutional?

However, the revealing thing about that story is that it showed that many Nigerians dont care about the constitution, they only care about practising their own version of 'one Nigeria'. In other words, you have superior rights than all other Nigerians when you are in your own locality, even though the constitution says otherwise.

One Nigeria is a fraud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by Alchemy528: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by MrsTwrite(f): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
But they speak same lingua franca.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by Corrinthians(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
Loudmouthed ipob terrorists will meet their Waterloo for the second time in Rivers. Oyigbo will be child's play compared to what would happen to the terrorists this time.

2 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by Ikaeniyan0: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:
There is this ridiculous, stupid and outrageous story that an Ikwerre group petitioned the CP off Police in Rivers State that Ohanaeze should not celebrate Igbo day in Portharcourt, and the CP actually heard the petition, and warned Ohanaeze

I dont know if the story is true or not, but it doesn't make it any less stupid. Chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution gives every Nigerian the right of free movement across the Nigerian state, unhindered. It also grants every Nigerian freedom of association and belief.

In other words, any Igbo man is constitutionally empowered to celebrate Igbo day, anywhere in Nigeria. So why would a group petition against a constitutional right granted to all? Why would a commissioner of Police even entertain such petition that is unconstitutional?

However, the revealing thing about that story is that it showed that many Nigerians dont care about the constitution, they only care about practising their own version of 'one Nigeria'. In other words, you have superior rights than all other Nigerians when you are in your own locality, even though the constitution says otherwise.

One Nigeria is a fraud.

The Ikwerres felt threaten when some igbos claim ph is Igbo land and that's why they want to celebrate Igbo day in ph.

2 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The Ikwerres felt threaten when some igbos claim ph is Igbo land and that's why they want to celebrate Igbo day in ph.

They feel threatend? Over a claim? Thats childish. Even some Bini people claim that Ikwerre land is Bini land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
Gidgiddy my advice is this. Since the Ikwerre people have denied you people why don't you look to Edo. Edo seems to be willing to be under biafra.

Edo is not Lagos, taking over Edo will not be a problem at all with or without Elu pee..

3 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by BloomingDale(f): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

They feel threatend? Over a claim? Thats childish. Even some Bini people claim that Ikwerre land is Bini land

I guess they don’t mind hearing ikwerre land is bini land if there is no uproar about it. They trace their heritage from Benin Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:
Gidgiddy my advice is this. Since the Ikwerre people have denied you people why don't you look to Edo. Edo seems to be willing to be under biafra.

Edo is not Lagos, taking over Edo will not be a problem at all with or without Elu pee..

In other words, you guys dont care about what the constitution says about freedom of movement for all Nigerians in Nigeria? grin grin

My point exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by duro4chang(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
Unity by force

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

One Nigeria is a fraud.

You guys forgot the chapter 4 when you told Kumuyi not to come to East for crusade?

You forgot that chapter 4 when you were busy murdering northerners all in the name of sit at home... It's like it's that chap 4 that gave you gut to declare Lagos and Kano no man's land.

When it's SE you forget this chapter for but when it comes to land grabbing other regions you remember freedom of association. You guys are pure evil... Sane people should avoid you and your region... If Tinubu no commot una for Nigeria I will not vote him for l second term

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by Ikaeniyan0: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

You can't blame them if they feel threatened. In fact, am glad they settled out the issue through the right channel. Now everybody knows their boundary and there is no bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by Wujio: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

One Nigeria is a fraud.

Go and celebrate it in igbo land. Simple

From Akwaibom, to Benue, to Rumukoro, to Warri everyone can clearly see your antics. The Russia of Nigeria. Always quick to want to steal other peoples identity, culture, land, systems

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

In other words, you guys dont care about what the constitution says about freedom of movement for all Nigerians in Nigeria? grin grin

My point exactly
Where was this freedom of movement when your people murdered Gulak? Where was this freedom of movement when you murdered Northerners in the name of sit at home?

Just today your own people are getting flogged for going outside their houses and you dare talk about freedom of movement. Why are you so purposefully hypocritical?

PH people said they don't want you to bring sit at home to them hence they don't want anything with you but you are here talking about freedom of movement that neither your own people, nor the police have in your own region... I swear I hate you guys more the more I get to see your heart

4 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

My point exactly

One Nigeria became a fraud the day my First lady in Ondo state wasnt allowed to contest in her home state just cause she's married to a Gov outside her region

I cant forget that day

3 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by Ikaeniyan0: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

My point exactly
Did you talk about freedom of movement when IPOB stop kumuyi from holding a program in the south east?

3 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
I dont know if the story is true or not, but it doesn't make it any less stupid.

You don't know if it's true or not but you had to put your IPOB opinion down.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

One Nigeria is a fraud.

You will be the first to demand Fulani evacuate your forests .

Are they not allowed free range under your misquoted constitution?

Maybe the Kano Emirate should host this year's Durbar procession in Okpara Square, Enugu.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:

Where was this freedom of movement when your people murdered Gulak? Where was this freedom of movement when you murdered Northerners in the name of sit at home?

Just today your own people are getting flogged for going outside their houses and you dare talk about freedom of movement. Why are you so purposefully hypocritical?

PH people said they don't want you to bring sit at home to them hence they don't want anything with you but you are here talking about freedom of movement that neither your own people, nor the police have in your own region... I swear I hate you guys more the more I get to see your heart

Gidgiddy is being mischievous by half .

Ohaneze wants to use PH to host this year's Ibo day Congress.

It's not some random Ibo residents celebrating Ibo day but Ohaneze shifting their Congress to PH as part of their Ibo day celebration.

This is a direct land grab by Ohaneze on Rivers by deliberately citing their Congress in Rivers towards falsely claiming Rivers is Ibo land.

This particular Ohaneze leadership is bent on false revanchist agenda.

3 Likes

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:

You guys forgot the chapter 4 when you told Kumuyi not to come to East for crusade?

You forgot that chapter 4 when you were busy murdering northerners all in the name of sit at home... It's like it's that chap 4 that gave you gut to declare Lagos and Kano no man's land.

When it's SE you forget this chapter for but when it comes to land grabbing other regions you remember freedom of association. You guys are pure evil... Sane people should avoid you and your region... If Tinubu no commot una for Nigeria I will not vote him for l second term

Yiu are still making my point. Thst 'one Nigeria'is a fraud, and we should all own up to it, dissolve Nigeria and go our different ways

It becomes hypocrisy when you want one Nigeria, knowing fully well nobody believes in it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

You will be the first to demand Fulani evacuate your forests .

Are they not allowed free range under your misquoted constitution?

Maybe the Kano Emirate should host this year's Durbar procession in Okpara Square, Enugu.

Freedom of movement is fir human beings, it is not fir cattle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Yiu are still making my point. Thst 'one Nigeria'is a fraud, and we should all own up to it, dissolve Nigeria and go our different ways

It becomes hypocrisy when you want one Nigeria, knowing fully well nobody believes in it

Argue with Azikiwe and his invoibility clause.

Argue with Ironsi and his Unification Decree 34.

Argue with your Biafran Sabos who begged Gowon to liberate them from Ojukwu and integrate them back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Oh really?

So fulanis are cattle and not human ?
Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

It's not some random Ibo residents celebrating Ibo day but Ohaneze shifting their Congress to PH as part of their Ibo day celebration.

This is a direct land grab by Ohaneze on Rivers by deliberately citing their Congress in Rivers towards falsely claiming Rivers is Ibo land.

But this useless gidgiddy is not talking about their land grabbing tactics... I don't understand why they get mad when people resist their land grabbing tactics. That's how they won't allow Lagos people rest because Lagosians didn't allow igbos to chose a Governor for them. What's wrong with this people? Few weeks ago Yoruba man was beaten and almost murdered because he was found in the SE of this same Nigeria this useless giddy no see am...

We read in the news that major of Dallas declared a whole day for Yoruba day celebratiion, yoruba people didn't even need to landgrab but the governor sighted their contributions to the community.

Besides wanting to steal the SS as a whole, what has SE done for PH? What are they even doing for PH as we speak?

I swear I just can't love those people I swear. Too mischievous for my liking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

But you said Fulani should vacate not their cattle....

From today I will be watching. You are a real evil.
Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:

But this useless gidgiddy is not talking about their land grabbing tactics... I don't understand why they get mad when people resist their land grabbing tactics. That's how they won't allow Lagos people rest because Lagosians didn't allow igbos to chose a Governor for them. What's wrong with this people? Few weeks ago Yoruba man was beaten and almost murdered because he was found in the SE of this same Nigeria this useless giddy no see am...

We read in the news that major of Dallas declared a whole day for Yoruba day celebratiion, yoruba people didn't even need to landgrab but the governor sighted their contributions to the community.

Besides wanting to steal the SS as a whole, what has SE done for PH? What are they even doing for PH as we speak?

I swear I just can't love those people I swear. Too mischievous for my liking

They will never ever relent in their land grabbing.

Isn't it ironic that the same idiots shouting that they are being trapped in Nigeria are the ones forcing others into their Biafra ?

Go and see how they did all they could including the coup of Jan 15 to prevent COR region from being carved out from the then old eastern region

As long as Ibos remain in Nigeria, their covetous land grabbing will continue.

It is only rationale that they be allowed to leave with their 5 states.

As long as they are still in Nigeria they will never ever relent in their land grabbing.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:

But you said Fulani should vacate not their cattle....

From today I will be watching. You are a real evil.

Does Fulani go anywhere without cattle? Or you think they went to the forest to learn farming?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

They will never ever relent in their land grabbing.

Isn't it ironic that the same idiots shouting that they are being trapped in Nigeria are the ones forcing others into their Biafra ?

Go and see how they did all they could including the coup of Jan 15 to prevent COR region from being carved out from the then old eastern region

As long as Ibos remain in Nigeria, their covetous land grabbing will continue.

It is only rationale that they be allowed to leave with their 5 states.

As long as they are still in Nigeria they will never ever relent in their land grabbing.

I don't even understand why anybody is holding them back from leaving. Other Nigerians are OK being Nigerian but this evil people but why hold on to them? They don't have anything to contribute to the country nothing beside their imaginary gas and charcoal

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by alanto: 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Does Fulani go anywhere without cattle? Or you think they went to the forest to learn farming?
Does Gulak have a cattle with him when he was murdered?

The yoruba man arrested by IPOB couple weeks back does he have a cattle with him?

The northern woman murdered along her 4 children, did they have cattle with them?

Was Kumuyi going to SE to rare cattle?

Was there any cattle with Bianca Ojukwu? Or mrs Akeredolu?

Now let me ask you in Tinubu's voice. Where are the cows?

I don't expect any response from your hypocritical end

Your brothers that were flogged today do they have cattle with them?

The police and army you people murder everyday are they cattle breeders or sellers?
Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Well if the constitution gives us all freedom of movement and Association, and people believe that it is land grab, we should all then admit 9ne Nigeria is a fraud, dissolve the union, and go our different ways

Bit unity beggars no go gree
Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by gidgiddy: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:

Does Gulak have a cattle with him when he was murdered?

The yoruba man arrested by IPOB couple weeks back does he have a cattle with him?

The northern woman murdered along her 4 children, did they have cattle with them?

Was Kumuyi going to SE to rare cattle?

Was there any cattle with Bianca Ojukwu? Or mrs Akeredolu?

Now let me ask you in Tinubu's voice. Where are the cows?

I don't expect any response from your hypocritical end

Your brothers that were flogged today do they have cattle with them?

The police and army you people murder everyday are they cattle breeders or sellers?

And all this has not yet shown you that we should not be together? The problem of Nigeria are the unity beggars like you who want to keep the fraud known as one Nigeria going
Re: This Stupid Story About Ikwerre Not Wanting Igbo Day Celebrated In Portharcourt by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2023
alanto:

I don't even understand why anybody is holding them back from leaving. Other Nigerians are OK being Nigerian but this evil people but why hold on to them? They don't have anything to contribute to the country nothing beside their imaginary gas and charcoal

It's their so-called elites that are behind this Biafra thing so as to remain relevant at the federal level.

They are the ones behind this agitation and same time using it for political clout chasing.

One of the most stupid reasons one obidunce made for why we MUST vote Obi was that it will see to an end to Biafra agitation .

Can you imagine that crap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not A Nation But A State Held Together At Gunpoint - Prof. Akinwale / How True About This? ( See Here) / Ibo Muslims Waiting For Iftar With Peter Obi In SE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.