Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru (33086 Views)

Did Kaduna Tribunal Sack Uba Sani? (Fact Check) / Kaduna: Tribunal Affirms LP House Of Reps Member’s Victory / Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by isahrabson: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
Press statement

Tribunal Nullifes Uba Sani's Election.

28/09/2023.

First, I give glory to God Almighty for the progress made so far in our effort to reclaim the mandate given to us by the good people of Kaduna State. I also thank the people of the state for widely believing in me and the PDP.

Also, given the ruling of the Kaduna state election tribunal, it has become necessary to share with our teaming supporters, the true position of the ruling.

On the preliminary objection, the tribunal, based on the majority of 2:1 judges upheld the preliminary objection of the respondent to the effect that the application for pre-hearing was done prematurely i.e. before the service of the last set of petitioners' reply to the 2nd respondent's reply to the petition was served.

However, the law enjoins the tribunal, as a trial court, to proceed to pronounce on the merit of the substantive suit so that in the event the court of appeal finds that the trial tribunal was wrong in its decision on the preliminary objection, it would have the benefit of pronouncing on the decision of the tribunal in the substantive matter.

Accordingly, the trial tribunal finds merit in the aspect of the petitioner's case relative to the margin of win between the two leading candidates. The tribunal by a split decision of 2:1 accordingly, nullified the election of the governor of Kaduna state, ordered that the Certificate of Return be retrieved and fresh elections be conducted in some polling units in 4 LGAs and the outcome thereof be reckoned with before the declaration of the winner of the governorship election in Kaduna state.

I want to again thank the people of the state while urging them all to remain lawabiding while we pursue the appeal process.

One thing I can assure the good people Kaduna state is that I will pursue this mandate you freely gave me to its logical conclusion and by the grace of God, victory on our side.

Thank you

Rt. Hon. Isa Mohammed Aliyu Isa Ashiru

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0T94hoDPkfoAkesBiSQk58WKpsHi9LFqsS7iKmptHDFhG1tNUyAwWGLwG7mmV43YPl&id=100063454097463&mibextid=Nif5oz

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by chloedogie(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2023
Whao. So many news about this tribunal. Cases in courts are just too many. Politicians are just having funs on both ends. Lawyers smiling to the bank.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Hamzaay(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
nairaland no well.

Which of the news are we to believe now?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by RandomFellow: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Somehow, I really don't care about the state tribunals. But you see that PEPT, and now Supreme Court... I follow them bumper to bumper. Na them go make or mar Nigeria. We wait!!!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Xscape1993(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
The evil party call APC is a big curse to humanity. APC has become a serious thong on the flesh of Nigerians.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Valwezzy: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Contradicting News reports flying up and down even from Vanguard and other credible media outlets and handles about this particular case just weak me.

I don’t know what or who to believe anymore concerning the Tribunal’s verdict on this case.

Anyone with Authentic/firsthand information about this matter?

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by laprince(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
I hope and pray that these tribunals are doing a just job.

INEC is seriously lacking in her job. The elections are always lopsided. These tribunal upturns will continue to discredit their work.

INEC needs to redeem her tattered reputation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Boondocxs(f): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Maybe kaduna state will have relief from this demonic apc

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by VinnyBaba: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Not Surprised, though.😏

After all, PETER OBI/LP won the Kaduna Govt House polling units in the Presidential Elections. 🤨🙂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
So the Governor was celebrating to decieve people or what

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by oluwatomiwa(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
Which one to believe

Like APC share for PDP

9 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by adecz: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
undecided
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by straighttalk(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
Black Market Judgement
Madoooo
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Chibuzoripob: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
J
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by morikee: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
This nko

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Madammbosun(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
Ayam not understanding again o

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by iwaeda: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
Matters arising

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by abobote: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
Na who we go believe now

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Boyooosa(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
Noted
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by MrBanner(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by honestivo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
The Judiciary is the problem of Nigeria
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Luckylife(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by AMINDA: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
Dishonest statement by Ashiru. Why claim that the tribunal nullified Uba Sani's election and ordered a rerun while still saying you will appeal the process. Shouldn't you be happy with the verdict and instead wait for Uba Sani to appeal? This shows that PDP sponsored the fake news that was trending on most media while the judges were still sitting.

"I want to again thank the people of the state while urging them all to remain lawabiding while we pursue the appeal process."

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by LOVEGINO(m): 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
Politicians knows how to keep the online warriors busy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by rolams(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
Stupid judgement with K leg!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by CaptainFM1: 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
They are nullifying oppositions, but confirming the ruling party! I said it, the next coup soup will be prepared by the judiciary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by Pwettylinda(f): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
grin
Re: Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru by PeterObi4LP: 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nigerians don't want APC again.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Celebrates His 56th Birthday On The Streets Of Ado-Ekiti Today (photos) / Soldiers Hold Usman Durkwa To Ransom, Threaten To Kill Him / List Of 74 Political Parties Deregistered By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.