Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,581 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. (24255 Views)

Southwest Governors, Stakeholders Hold Security Summit In Ibadan (photos) / South-West Governors Invite Army, Police, OPC To Security Summit / South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
Peter Ndubuisi Mbah @PNMbah

I attended the South-East Economic and Security Summit today in Owerri with my brother governors of the zone. The event was great, and I took advantage of the chance to speak about a variety of topics that would be really beneficial to the South-East region.

I suggested a multi-faceted approach to tackling insecurity, including a common security command and control centre, inter-agency cooperation, and non-kinetic approaches like economic transformation, employment creation, and moral suasion, among others. I identified transport and logistics as some of the key enablers needed to transform the South-East economy in order to reduce poverty, unemployment, and crime.

I discussed several financial strategies to carry out the projects, including urging our people to mobilise their funds to build our region.The 'Akụ Ruo Ụno' philosophy is one that I strongly believe in.

I thanked the organisers of the summit for coming up with this idea and also tasked them to employ the best of Igbo brains to curate and prepare the ideas from the summit in an implementable format.

My brothers, the South-East governors, and I are ready to work together to ensure the full realisation of these wonderful ideas. We urge you, Ndigbo, to bring home your wealth and invest in the South-East.

Credit: @PNMbah

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
South-East Must Determine To Move Forward Despite Challenges – Soludo

“That must be the outcome of this particular summit. We can lament about insecurity and so on; this is not the most insecure place in the world, other places are thriving despite their own insecurity."

By Donatus Anichukwueze
Updated September 28, 2023

The Governor of Anambra State, Chukwuma Soludo, says the South-East must have the self-belief to turn things around despite insecurity and other challenges facing the zone.

Speaking on Thursday at the 2023 South-East Summit on Economy and Security in Owerri, the Imo State capital, Soludo said the region must make all efforts to thrive despite insecurity, insisting that the zone is far from being the most insecure place in the world.

“I have heard the speeches given, books of lamentations. It is very good to lament but I would rather like to see a glass as half full than half empty. The South-East is ready for business; the South-East is ripe for business and we must all believe in our ability to turn things around and get the South-East going again.

“That must be the outcome of this particular summit. We can lament about insecurity and so on; this is not the most insecure place in the world, other places are thriving despite their own insecurity.

“When arrived in Anambra, eight local governments were totally under siege by these hoodlums. They are all gone, we are settling into business. They would not deter us, Anambra, the South-East all of us, we must be determined to move our place forward in spite of the challenges,” the governor said.

He charged the South-East indigenes not to wait for all the problems to be solved by the governors before they can come to invest in the zone, adding that if they don’t stop seeing the only gloom and doom, “this place will be a desolate homeland”.

According to Soludo, the South-East renaissance should not stop at self-belief, the region should also partner with the rest of the country, the diaspora and the international community.

“We need not just ourselves, we need Nigeria. Ndigbo needs Nigeria and Nigeria needs Ndigbo. Ndigbo needs Africa and the world and the World and Africa need Ndigbo. As an itinerant people, we cannot be an intolerant people.

“We need the partnership of everybody, partnership of the rest of the country, partnership of the diaspora and partnership with the international community.”

Soludu’s speech came after the address by former Senate President and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim, calling for a rethink of the Biafra agitation and strategies to deal with insecurity in the South-East.

He warned that going by recent developments, the region risks losing economic and political relevance in the country, with drastic consequences already being felt by the people of the region after years of insecurity and agitation that have been used as a cover by criminal elements to thrive.

“In the last four years, every Monday has been declared by some non-state actors as sit-at-home day. The enforcement has been brutal, leading to enormous loss of lives and property,” he said.

Senator Anyim said, “It is estimated that hundreds of lives and hundreds of billions of naira have been lost to the sit-at-home order”.

He added that the implication of this is being felt by all residents of the region, including successful people, who are often targeted for kidnapping and assassination.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/09/28/south-east-must-determine-to-move-forward-despite-challenges-soludo/

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
Senator Chris Anyanwu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzkBlRfFisQ?si=Pins2Hv6gDcltJIy

Anyim Pius Anyim

Major General Ike Nwachukwu

1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Kestolove(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
By the way.. Wia is ebonyi state governor

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by BossGerald: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2023
Hopeless Uzodinma is a gonner

He's a blood sucking demon

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Morbeta11(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2023
Abia and Enugu State governors just dey give me joy......Mba and Otti will do well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Throwback: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2023
“In the last four years, every Monday has been declared by some non-state actors as sit-at-home day. The enforcement has been brutal, leading to enormous loss of lives and property,” he said.

Dem for hold am on a Monday make the Prime Minister living in Finland send boys to flog all of them.

Kanu is a legend who managed to destroy Igbos from within.

Dem go chop Ofe Nsala tire.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by BossGerald: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2023
Throwback:

Dem for hold am on a Monday make the Prime Minister living in Finland send boys to flog all of them.

You have zero sense

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by socialmediaman: 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by DrGoodman: 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by DrGoodman: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Throwback:

You don't know anything. Keep quiet.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Chief Ikukuoma @IkukuomaC

His excellency Mr Peter Obi joined the South East Economic Security Summit Online because he is out of the country, Listen to his contribution regarding the development of South East - Our mainstay as a people in business. Businesses will not thrive in the midst of insecurity. We must support our Governors and other stakeholders as we all seek solution to solve this problem that is affecting our region

https://twitter.com/IkukuomaC/status/1707414866439381133

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Throwback: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
BossGerald:

You have zero sense

Una no dey post pictures of Ofe Nsala again?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by DrGoodman: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
Morbeta11:
Abia and Enugu State governors just dey give me joy......Mba and Otti will do well.

The current set of governors voted by the people are delivering on their promises, but you see those ones that were chosen by the supreme court, they are working for the FG against the people.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by BossGerald: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
Throwback:

Una no dey post pictures of Ofe Nsala again?

Na only photos of rice bandits we dey see everywhere oo grin

21 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by DrGoodman: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
BossGerald:

If this meeting happened in Ibadan, hungry people on the street will scatter this table with dragging food with governors grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Throwback: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
BossGerald:

Ofe Nsala has come to stay.

Onion bandits toga really pain you that year abi.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by DrGoodman: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
Throwback:

Na rice bandits dey reign now, those guys are really hungry and angry.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
Alex Otti

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by BossGerald: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
Throwback:

Plantain and rice bandit hwfar??

You Don chop am finish grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Ashez: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
Igbo amaka
Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by naptu2: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
Full video of today's sessions at the summit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7DFa9pEee4

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by inoki247: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2023
I pray they get the Seaport soon so we won't hear things like Seaport is the reason why people are leaving derr region....

10 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by jumich1(m): 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2023
The East shall rise again!

Meanwhile, are you ready to unlock the secret to Creating Multiple Facebook Accounts for your business?

If you're tired of wasting money on buying ad accounts or paying graphic designers for potentially ineffective ID cards, then you need my comprehensive video guide.

It will teach you how to create and verify your own accounts for just N5,000.

In this video guide, you'll learn everything about creating and verifying fresh accounts, including:

•How to create new Facebook accounts that are long-lasting.

•How to verify your Facebook ad account and Business Manager with a Free AI-generated ID card.

•How to prevent your account from getting disabled or restricted by Facebook.

•I'll also delve into safeguarding the 'Boss Account' that holds your Pixels, data, and other vital components within Business Manager.

This course is essential for anyone who wants to run Facebook ads without limitations.

Get my comprehensive video guide now and start creating and verifying fresh Facebook accounts for your business.
Chat me up on WhatsApp: 0 9 0 7 1 0 6 6 3 3 8

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2023
soludo go dey form boss......
Na after 4 or 8 yrs Anambra no change, then we go know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
grin
Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by alanto: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Thank God it was not held in Abuja this time

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Madammbosun(m): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
Niice

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by Guyman01: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
The most serious ministers in Tinubu's Govt are Dave Umahi and Nyesom Wike, two Igbo men that are bold and willing to step on toes, South East is being frustrated by bad federal roads filled with hundreds of police and military checkpoints

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. by alanto: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2023
naptu2:
Chief Ikukuoma @IkukuomaC

https://twitter.com/IkukuomaC/status/1707414866439381133
So obi get something to say about SE matter? Wonderment

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari and Dolapo Osibanjo Visit Ilorin Government House (Pictures) / Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event / Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.