Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves (1836 Views)

A Wealth Of Sorrow: Why Nigeria’s Abundant Oil Reserves Are Really A Curse / NEMA: Lagos explosion not caused by oil pipeline vandalism / DPR: Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Will Run Dry In 49 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by OlujobaSamuel: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2023
GeneralPula:

No matter what, there wil always be 2 sides bro. But when Nigeria was running regionalism system of government, they were better off compared to federalism!
Yea, I also strongly believes regionalism is the best way for us to go.
In fact, before election, someone on this platform asked why I wanted Tinubu, and regionalism was my strongest reason for supporting him. All region should work on their strength and at their pace, it will greatly help everyone.

1 Like

Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by GeneralPula: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2023
Blitzking:
Our population can become a blessing and a curse with the level of corruption and political blindness it is a curse. If nigeris was just 10 million ppl we would be a very rich nation. And it would be easier to manage..our leaders dont have the cerebral capacity to manage the dynamics of 200+ million ppl . When in fact our population makes it just right for us to rapidly develop for God sake most of population are made up of youthful energy let's put it to use..but clueless leaders are wasting the energy of the youths in 40ysrs time that youthful energy would be gone. The finest breed of Nigerians were born in the 1940 and 50s. After that the decline started those guys were tutored by white men here in nigeria and most could stand side by side with the best of the west. Just look at the first products of Nigeria first 3 universities those guys were the best .highly cerebral.. cultured...with strong morals .were not moved by money .they didn't want to be so rich they just wanted their lives to have a meaning and their communities and region to be peaceful and productive.
Exactly. The different between USA and Nigeria is not USA / Nigeria government, but USA / Nigeria citizens! ... ( Nah citizens dey become government, anyway )

Take a look at Amazon, Walmart, Cvs in USA. They're all owned by private individuals. They've created jobs for America more than USA government. Now, imagine USA never had Jeff Bezos and Walmart brothers, would there be anything like Walmart or Amazon today? NO!

This is why USA is a standout county on earth! They're blessed with citizens that has foresight! Citizens that don't bank on one miracle but hard & smart work!

A country will always comes up with something significant to keep the competition going at the world market if it's blessed with citizens that has right thinking senses!
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by GeneralPula: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

My child don dey shook eye for my poultry biz small small, this generation no one do anything dirty as most dirty work no get fast money
I’m telling you..

Nollywood life nah hin dem wan live..
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by jesmond3945: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2023
GeneralPula:

Who told you there’s no incentive to farm in Nigeria? Things you people just say a lot about Nigeria ehh, thank God I’m also a farmer. I own farm lands and I’m also into animal plantation. There’s nothing I needed that I didn’t see easily!

What machines do you need?;
Tractors, ridgers, planters, harvesters? They’re all available! Water? It’s the most easiest abi is there no water in your state? If there’s no water, then you can practice irrigation! It’s not that cost!

Raw materials? What raw materials do you need? They’re available everywhere! But I agree with you, southerners don’t have patience at all! This is the summary of why things are like this!

Security? Which security is a southerner using to go club for Night that he can’t use the same security to go farm during the day?

Salary - I don’t understand what you mean here?
security in terms of fulani herdsmen. Salary to motivate. Are you a northerner?
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by Baxilexi(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

UK and Canada are industrial societies, and such societies generate jobs directly and indirectly. Immigration is a bonus to them in a way, ( and it does put a strain on their economies)

What I am saying is simple. Nigeria cannot be like Kuwait because our revenue per capita is lower than Kuwait. We should strive to be like the UK and Canada. Industrial nations that export industrial goods and services

What do you suppose our revenue per capital is?

Let’s go practical.

Per capita income is a measure of the amount of money earned per person in a nation or geographic region. Sadly our dearth in data isn’t adequate to ascertain this.

So we turn to ‘Per capita income for a nation’ it is calculated by dividing the country's national income by its population.

Gross National Income (GNI) is the total amount of money earned by a nation's people and businesses.
Ie. GDP + income it receives from overseas sources.

World Economics estimates Nigeria's GDP to be $2.024 trillion in 2022 - 87% larger than official estimates + The Federal Government said Diaspora home remittances in 2022 stood at US$ 21.9 billion through official channels + (my estimate) another $22 billion through unofficial crypto channels like Binance, e-wallets etc totaling = $2.067 trillion

National income/population
USD 2,067 trillion/150 million (working class 17- 65 years) = $13, 780/ year, $1,148 per month.

Perhaps this is too simple, but it’s open to scrutiny. My point is before we speak of diversification we should demand for accountability and transparency on our National income. If not, no matter how much we earn oligarchs would still enforce poverty on the nation.
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by eteebanky: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2023
Because they have a paltry population of 4M people, their oil reserves is enough to take care of twice their population

Kuwait gained relevance because the country export more of their local currency than they import US Dollar

As long as the world depends on oil, they'll forever be Rich....... they should just maintain their population and should not be stupid like Nigerians

1 Like

Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by GeneralPula: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
jesmond3945:
security in terms of fulani herdsmen. Salary to motivate. Are you a northerner?
No. South guy
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by sunboy(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2023
ambale:

From my knowledge having a much more population should be an aadvantage

We are not just using our human assets properly thats all..

No arithmetic measure you want to use that would make 4m greater than 200m

You as a country make 100m.
Country A: 4m population. 100m/4m = Country A per capital income.

Country B: 200m population. 100m/200m = Country B per capital income.

Now who will have better use of its 100m ?
Whose citizen will have bigger per capital income?
Who will have more disposable cash?
Whose infrastructure will last longer?

Big population has its pros and cons. The best pros for high population is Market and Human Resources. Which means, as long as you produce, you will always sell without exporting and there will always be excess of people to work all types of jobs most times even for cheap labor.

You people need to stop comparing us to countries like US, Qatar or Kuwait or Saudi or UK, it’s ignorant to do that. Comparable economies to Nigeria are Brazil, Mexico, Iran, Pakistan.

Hopefully this helps.
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by nairalanda1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2023
Baxilexi:

What do you suppose our revenue per capital is?

Let’s go practical.

Per capita income is a measure of the amount of money earned per person in a nation or geographic region. Sadly our dearth in data isn’t adequate to ascertain this.

So we turn to ‘Per capita income for a nation’ it is calculated by dividing the country's national income by its population.

Gross National Income (GNI) is the total amount of money earned by a nation's people and businesses.
Ie. GDP + income it receives from overseas sources.

World Economics estimates Nigeria's GDP to be $2.024 trillion in 2022 - 87% larger than official estimates + The Federal Government said Diaspora home remittances in 2022 stood at US$ 21.9 billion through official channels + (my estimate) another $22 billion through unofficial crypto channels like Binance, e-wallets etc totaling = $2.067 trillion

National income/population
USD 2,067 trillion/150 million (working class 17- 65 years) = $13, 780/ year, $1,148 per month.

Perhaps this is too simple, but it’s open to scrutiny. My point is before we speak of diversification we should demand for accountability and transparency on our National income. If not, no matter how much we earn oligarchs would still enforce poverty on the nation.

Even then, it is not enough for a nation our size.

(And no, I am not denying corruption exists.).
Now funny you should mention GNI. Our GNI is larger than Kuwait. But....and here is the thing...

Our GNI per capita is 5200 ppp dollars. Kuwait's own is 55930 ppp dollars.

Let that sink in, and you will see why they can afford things like this.

They can afford to spend money on buffering their currency.

Now, diversificsation is important to me because 80% of our revenue is oyel money. And at the end, we never have oil at a high enough price that can sustain us, thus we take loans.

APC, PDP all of them have failed in diversifying our economy, and the army was even responsible for making us oil dependent in the first place when they ruled. That's why I am not impressed with Tinubu, atiku and obi.

Now, I DO NOT DENY CORRUPTION, I DO NOT DENY THERE IS POOR ACCOUNTABILITY, et....we have that, but even then, the money to begin with is not enough.

If Tinubu does not diversify our economy, he is a failure like all our past leaders...including the ones you like.

Simple. Nigeria must diversify, and Nigeria must industrialize. Or we get crushed by them in the IMF.
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by Baxilexi(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

Now funny you should mention GNI. Our GNI is larger than Kuwait. But....and here is the thing...

Now, diversificsation is important to me because 80% of our revenue is oyel money. And at the end, we never have oil at a high enough price that can sustain us, thus we take loans.

APC, PDP all of them have failed in diversifying our economy, and the army was even responsible for making us oil dependent in the first place when they ruled. That's why I am not impressed with Tinubu, atiku and obi.

Now, I DO NOT DENY CORRUPTION, I DO NOT DENY THERE IS POOR ACCOUNTABILITY, et....we have that, but even then, the money to begin with is not enough.

If Tinubu does not diversify our economy, he is a failure like all our past leaders...including the ones you like.

Simple. Nigeria must diversify, and Nigeria must industrialize. Or we get crushed by them in the IMF.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It is always good to find Nigerians who still have their thinking caps on. I’m glad inductive and deductive reasoning isn’t fully lost.

Diversification or accountability, whichever comes first would be beneficial to us as a nation.
Push for both as one cannot work without the other. Billions of dollars are taken as loans in addition to what we earn with nothing to show for it, is Nigeria an economic black hole?
we may not be as rich as Kuwait but we have no business being this poor.

And let me share my philosophy for free with you.

Need for survival (not induced by external threats but by psychological oppression) and innovation cannot coexist. When a people are focused on how to survive, crude biologic instincts take over higher brain processes.

And as a gift; you should read up Plato’s ‘Allegory of the cave. It’s a quintessential illustration of modern day Nigeria.
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by Cromagnon: 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

is it political parties/govt that will diversify the economy or 200million Nigerians that should do the needful to survive?

Everyman for himself

why will 200 million ppl be waiting for 1 man to tell them what to do
Will he farm for them or manufacture on their behalf?

Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by ambale(m): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
sunboy:

You as a country make 100m.
Country A: 4m population. 100m/4m = Country A per capital income.

Country B: 200m population. 100m/200m = Country B per capital income.

Now who will have better use of its 100m ?
Whose citizen will have bigger per capital income?
Who will have more disposable cash?
Whose infrastructure will last longer?

Big population has its pros and cons. The best pros for high population is Market and Human Resources. Which means, as long as you produce, you will always sell without exporting and there will always be excess of people to work all types of jobs most times even for cheap labor.

You people need to stop comparing us to countries like US, Qatar or Kuwait or Saudi or UK, it’s ignorant to do that. Comparable economies to Nigeria are Brazil, Mexico, Iran, Pakistan.

Hopefully this helps.

You see say you dull

If 4million persons do 100m, should 200m do 100m also if they are serious??
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by ambale(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2023
alanto:

Dey play... Imagine if only igala and not even one of the major tribes in Nigeria is enjoying all the oil money? Like only ijaw is enjoying the oil money... It means more money to share within less people and definitely smaller space to build infrastructure.

You still dont understand what you saying

More people means more hands, you just have to deploy them adequately.
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by ambale(m): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes you are right, but the problem with op argument is that he is basically saying we are an oil producing country therefore we should be as rich as Kuwait.

We should even be richer, imagine if we are tapping into other sectors as we should such as sports, Entertainment, tourism and others

We no suppose dey kuwait level normal but this is where we found ourselves
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by sunboy(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
ambale:

You see say you dull

You the smartest olodo!
Where in your dictionary is population = wealth

Also, it didn’t occur to your brain that my post was also a simple analogy?
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by ambale(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2023
[quote author=sunboy post=126116450]

You the smartest olodo!

Also, it didn’t occur to your brain that my post was also a simple analogy?[/quote

And i did i say population=wealth? 😄

I say work on your population abi wetin 10 people go generate na him 2 people go generate?

This is not an argument, you obviously not getting my point or you just want to be irrational sha
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by ambale(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2023
sunboy:

You the smartest olodo!

Also, it didn’t occur to your brain that my post was also a simple analogy?

Let me just add this for you- Do you know that the monies untapped from sports alone will dwarf whatever kuwait is having today cos we get the manpower but we no sabi use am
Re: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = $3.25, Because Their currency Is Backed By Oil Reserves by Cromagnon: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
ambale:

You see say you dull

is it population that matters or seriousness?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petition For CSU To Sue TIENUBU For Forgery Surfaces Online. / A Thread Of Some Infrastructural Project embarked upon by Ezenwo Nyesom Wike / Africans In Beirut: Nowhere To Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.