Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,701 members, 7,865,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Okpella Accident: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okpella Accident: (109 Views)

Soldiers Execute Youths Protesting Extortion By Chiefs In Okpella, Edo State / Oshiomhole Received By Supporters At Okpella, Estako East LG / Kassim Afegbua Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu In Okpella, Etsako East LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okpella Accident: by Agbaski87: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Shuaibu Visits Scene, Surviving Victims In The Hospital

Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shuaibu has visited the scene of the fatal accident which occurred at Okpella axis in Etsako East LGA of Edo State on along the ever busy Benin-Abuja highway, which led to scorse dead and many injured.

The Deputy Governor, who was accompanied by the Executive Chairman Etsako East LGA, Hon. (Princess) Benedicta Attoh and the Vice- Chairman, said:
👇
“I was at the scene of the fatal accident involving a truck and multiple vehicles, along the Abuja-Okpella Road in Etsako East Local Government Area, where some persons lost their lives in the accident which occurred along the road, leading to the Okpella Market on Monday morning.

Accompanied by the Chairman, Etsako East Local Government Council, Hon. (Mrs) Benedicta Attoh, during the on-the-spot assessment of the scene, we also visited the surviving victims in the hospital. I am happy to announce that some of the victims who were hospitalized are responding to treatment.

I sympathized with families of the victims. The accident is indeed regrettable. In my personal capacity, I assured the victims of my support and the State Government's intervention in ensuring the restoration of light in the area.

On our part as citizens, we must take safety measures to avoid future occurrences. As a government, we are going to do the needful and prevent a repeat of the sad incident in the future.

This is also a clarion call on truck drivers to be safety conscious whenever they ply on busy roads like Okpella. The safety of the people is paramount and we will do all that is required to ensure we put a stop to this kind of accident.

In the meantime, I have directed the security personnel in the area to be watchful to avoid a repeat of such incident”

Recall that the Executive Chairman Etsako East LGA, Hon. (Princess) Benedicta Attoh had earlier visited the scene , paid condolence visit the families of deceased and also visited those receiving medical attentions at various hospitals, while he promised to offset their medical bills and other things needed to restore normalcy in the area.

(1) (Reply)

6PM Never Still Knack For US? / Interior / Alli-balogun Congratulates, Ministerial Nominees, Thanks, President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.