Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? (588 Views)

If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Proverbs 30: 4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his NAME, and what is the NAME of his son?
Surely you know!

2 Chronicles 7: 14 if my people, who are called by my NAME, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my NAME may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

1 Kings 9: 3 YHVH said to him:
“I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my NAME there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

John 5: 43 I have come in my Father’s NAME, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

John 17: 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your NAME, the NAME you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that NAME you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

More to come.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Proverbs 30: 4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his NAME, and what is the NAME of his son?
Surely you know!

2 Chronicles 7: 14 if my people, who are called by my NAME, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my NAME may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

1 Kings 9: 3 YHVH said to him:
“I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my NAME there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.[b]

[b] John 5: 43 I have come in my Father’s NAME, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

John 17: 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your NAME, the NAME you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that NAME you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

More to come.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
It simply means "by the Authority of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit"!

It means you are like an Ambassador working in the Name of God in His full Nature and Office.

If a Minister or an Ambassador says anything outside the Nation, I it is assumed that he speaks in the Name of the President of Nigeria (the specific name is not important)

2 Likes

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
Exodus 3:13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

TenQ, it is almost like you want to close this thread before it has even progressed?

1 Like

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
Anyone who has been baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy/Set-apart Spirit is supposed to have the name upon him.

What is the Name?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
elated177:
Exodus 3:13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

TenQ, it is almost like you want to close this thread before it has even progressed?
In context, I don't think Jesus was asking His disciples about the "Name" Yahweh which of course not a single Jew would utter with their mouth. They would rather refer to God as Hashim (The Blessed One)

1 Like

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by MikeMicheal(m): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2023
Allah is the name.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by NNTR: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2023
elated177:
Anyone who has been baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy/Set-apart Spirit is supposed to have the name upon him.
Acts 8:12,16
12But when they believed Philip as he preached the gospel of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,
they were baptized, both men and women.
16For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them;
they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 19:4-5
4Paul explained:
“John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance.
He told the people to believe in the One coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
5On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

The original text, never said anything about baptising in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit

From above few examples, the disciples baptised, in the name of Jesus. They did not, baptise, in a phantom, the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy/Set-apart Spirit, simply because '... in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit' is a later addition

elated177:
What is the Name?
Only God knows, what is His Name and/or what 'The Name' is. (i.e. Revelation 19:12)

TenQ:
In context, I don't think Jesus was asking His disciples about the "Name" Yahweh which of course not a single Jew would utter with their mouth. They would rather refer to God as Hashim (The Blessed One)
Genesis 10:1
These are the records of the generations (descendants) of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah;
and the sons born to them after the flood:

Genesis 11:4
They said,
“Come, let us build a city for ourselves, and a tower whose top will reach into the heavens,
and let us make a [famous] name (i.e. Shem) for ourselves,
so that we will not be scattered [into separate groups]
and be dispersed over the surface of the entire earth [as the LORD instructed].”

Hashem, aka HaShem, actually means 'The Name', Hashim, on the other hand, has nothing to do with Hebrew or Aramaic, being that its an Arabic word. Even Hashim does not mean The Blessed One

Hashem, is related to another word Shem, which means 'name' 'renown' or 'fame'.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2023
NNTR:
Acts 8:12,16
12But when they believed Philip as he preached the gospel of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,
they were baptized, both men and women.
16For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them;
they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 19:4-5
4Paul explained:
“John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance.
He told the people to believe in the One coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
5On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

The original text, never said anything about baptising in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit

From above few examples, the disciples baptised, in the name of Jesus. They did not, baptise, in a phantom, the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy/Set-apart Spirit, simply because '... in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit' is a later addition

Only God knows, what is His Name and/or what 'The Name' is. (i.e. Revelation 19:12)

Genesis 10:1
These are the records of the generations (descendants) of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah;
and the sons born to them after the flood:

Genesis 11:4
They said,
“Come, let us build a city for ourselves, and a tower whose top will reach into the heavens,
and let us make a [famous] name (i.e. Shem) for ourselves,
so that we will not be scattered [into separate groups]
and be dispersed over the surface of the entire earth [as the LORD instructed].”

Hashem, aka HaShem, actually means 'The Name', Hashim, on the other hand, has nothing to do with Hebrew or Aramaic, being that its an Arabic word. Even Hashim does not mean The Blessed One

Hashem, is related to another word Shem, which means 'name' 'renown' or 'fame'.

As a rule, I don't debate issues relating to the technicalities of water baptism for a number of reasons.

1. We are baptised with a greater baptism than water baptism. Anyone who is not baptised with this baptism is not of Christ through
John 1:33:
"And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said to me, On whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizes with the Holy Ghost."

Acts 11:16:
"Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost."

1Cor 12:13:
"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Eph 4:5:
"One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"

2. The arguments on the technicalities water baptism is mundane
Heb 6:1-3:
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on to perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit."

3. It is true the Disciples baptised in the Name (Authority) of Jesus Christ AND there were examples where Baptism was done without emphasis on the Name
Acts 16:15:
"And when she was baptized, and her household, she sought us, saying, If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us."

Acts 16:33:
"And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway."

Acts 18:8:
"And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized."

Rom 6:3:
"Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"

4. The fact that the reference to Baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit occurs just once does not make it untrue EXCEPT you are willing to concede that any verse which appear just once is UNTRUE. I stand by every verse of the scripture with no exception.

Is this verse an Interpolation as it occurred just once throughout the Bible.
Mar 16:16:
"He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned."

The "good" thief on the cross was saved: was he baptised!

5. In whose name did John the Baptist Baptise people? (If the actual name is the important factor).
Mat 3:16:
"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, see, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting on him:"

Then, how do you think the disciples baptise people before the death of Christ.

John 4:1-2:
"When therefore the LORD knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples, )"

6. On Technicalities, do you follow this scripture exactly? Does the baptised call on the name of Jesus?

Acts 22:16:
"And now why tarry you? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

It's just a question o!

Finally,
On the issue of Baptism:
Baptism is an INDUCTION : the question is there are different kinds of baptism (induction). Don't lose sight of the significance!

1 Like

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2023
To fully grasp what Jesus meant in that verse you need to consider three things:
[1] The theme of his message which is God's Kingdom or God's government.
[2] The requirements of being a citizen under God's kingdom.
[3] What you need to know about the One who sent Jesus (Father) what you need to know about the messenger (Jesus) and what you need to know about the spirit uniting citizens of God's kingdom as One family (Holy Spirit)

Jesus preached about the benefits obedient mankind will enjoy when God's kingdom comes so he instructed his disciples to always pray for it instead of struggling to install human government!

Jesus taught his disciples that under God's government all citizens must have love among themselves so whatever disparities or mistake committed by a prospective citizen must be overlooked when the wrongdoer admits his or her error and life continues.

Jesus emphasized that his father is the owner while himself is the heir to his father's throne but after his departure God's Holy Spirit will help his true disciples to continue in the things he taught them as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers.

So if someone comes to you today in the name of either Obasanjo or Jonathan or Buhari or Tinubu what will come to your mind?

Is it the spelling, meaning or pronunciation of these names?

Of course what will ring a bell in your heart is how they ruled and what was attainable under their rulership.

That's what Jesus meant when he said:

"Baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28:19

That's why he adds

"Teaching them to observe all that i have COMMANDED you" Matthew 28:20

Because whoever doesn't know what Jesus taught regarding his father, himself and God's Holy Spirit can never be saved! smiley
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by NNTR: 7:23am On Sep 30, 2023
TenQ:
As a rule, I don't debate issues relating to the technicalities of water baptism for a number of reasons.

1. We are baptised with a greater baptism than water baptism. Anyone who is not baptised with this baptism is not of Christ through
John 1:33:
"And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said to me, On whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizes with the Holy Ghost."

Acts 11:16:
"Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost."

1Cor 12:13:
"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Eph 4:5:
"One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"

2. The arguments on the technicalities water baptism is mundane
Heb 6:1-3:
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on to perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit."

3. It is true the Disciples baptised in the Name (Authority) of Jesus Christ AND there were examples where Baptism was done without emphasis on the Name
Acts 16:15:
"And when she was baptized, and her household, she sought us, saying, If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us."

Acts 16:33:
"And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway."

Acts 18:8:
"And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized."

Rom 6:3:
"Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"

4. The fact that the reference to Baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit occurs just once does not make it untrue EXCEPT you are willing to concede that any verse which appear just once is UNTRUE. I stand by every verse of the scripture with no exception.

Is this verse an Interpolation as it occurred just once throughout the Bible.
Mar 16:16:
"He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned."

The "good" thief on the cross was saved: was he baptised!

5. In whose name did John the Baptist Baptise people? (If the actual name is the important factor).
Mat 3:16:
"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, see, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting on him:"

Then, how do you think the disciples baptise people before the death of Christ.

John 4:1-2:
"When therefore the LORD knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples, )"

6. On Technicalities, do you follow this scripture exactly? Does the baptised call on the name of Jesus?

Acts 22:16:
"And now why tarry you? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

It's just a question o!

Finally,
On the issue of Baptism:
Baptism is an INDUCTION : the question is there are different kinds of baptism (induction). Don't lose sight of the significance!
Hey-ho. Rules are mostly made to be broken and are too often for the lazy to hide behind. You'll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken

No one is debating anything with you, other than pointing out to you, your gaffe, where you mistook Hashim for Hashem aka HaShem

The other aspect is that, its an inescapable fact and truth, that '... in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit' is a later addition inserted by scripture copyist(s)

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2023
NNTR:
Hey-ho. Rules are mostly made to be broken and are too often for the lazy to hide behind. You'll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken

No one is debating anything with you, other than pointing out to you, your gaffe, where you mistook Hashim for Hashem aka HaShem

The other aspect is that, its an inescapable fact and truth, that '... in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit' is a later addition inserted by scripture copyist(s)

Thanks for the correction!

Hashem aka HaShem it is!
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by AntiChristian: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks for the correction!

Hashem aka HaShem it is!

lipsrsealed

Hashim is the tribe of Muhammad's great grand father, his name being Hashim Ibn Abd Manaf!

cool

Too much Islamic material! grin
Too much error!
Unnecessary debate with yourself!

Someone mentioned copyists error in your Bible you no fight am now o!

NNTR:

How you take know say na copyists error?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2023
AntiChristian:

lipsrsealed

Hashim is the tribe of Muhammad's great grand father, his name being Hashim Ibn Abd Manaf!

cool

Too much Islamic material! grin
Too much error!
Unnecessary debate with yourself!

Someone mentioned copyists error in your Bible you no fight am now o!

How you take know say na copyists error?
Okay sir!

I thought you were feigning deaf and dumb with respect to my questions on you praying to Mohammed!?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2023
Understanding is the key here, NNTR.

You quoted Revelation 19:12 and ignored verse 13.

Matthew 28:  19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

What name was referred to in the portion of the Scripture quoted directly above?

I don't think the Master was saying that we should say: "I baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Set-apart Spirit" The topic of this thread and all the Scriptures that I quoted in the op are meant to give the premise of this thread.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2023
John 5: 43 I have come in my Father’s NAME, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by AntiChristian: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
TenQ:

Okay sir!

I thought you were feigning deaf and dumb with respect to my questions on you praying to Mohammed!?

That's one of the lies you believed in Islam and you projected to Christianity!

Mr Hashe(i]m!

And what about the copyists error you've been running away from?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
AntiChristian:

That's one of the lies you believed in Islam and you projected to Christianity!

Mr Hashe(i]m!

And what about the copyists error you've been running away from?
My spelling error and I admit it.

Unlike you Muslims that don't own up to grand errors by both Allah and his Apostle Mohammed.

From your Islamic literatures I show you that Allah is not supposed to be making silly human-like errors like you and me.

But if Allah and his Apostle doesn't know the difference between Jewish Children Bedtime stories and reality like Solomon who died for almost a year and no one found out and Solomon's magic ring!

When Allah the Creator forgot that he did not put the sun inside any murky waters.

When even you Muslims pray daily to Mohammed as partner with Allah to which you refuse to respond after my last question cornered you.

We showed you that Allah says you are all going to hell but you wouldn't listen. Indeed, I your deception can only be helped when you become slightly more sincere to ask questions
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
TenQ, where did I say that Yahushua the Messiah was asking his disciples about the name "Yahweh"?

Did not the disciples of Yahushua the Messiah use his name?

Have you found out or asked yourself why the Israelites of old refused to utter the name of the Father in heaven?

You have been corrected already, it is HaShem and not Hashim.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2023
Jeremiah 23:27 They think the dreams they tell one another will make my people forget my name, just as their ancestors forgot my name through Baal worship.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
elated177:
TenQ, where did I say that Yahushua the Messiah was asking his disciples about the name "Yahweh"?

Did not the disciples of Yahushua the Messiah use his name?

Have you found out or asked yourself why the Israelites of old refused to utter the name of the Father in heaven?

You have been corrected already, it is HaShem and not Hashim.
I didn't say that you said anything about the name Yahweh!

I didn't say the disciples of Jesus never used His name.

The name of Yahweh is so revered that they wouldn't even risk miscalling the name or calling the name in vain . Thus they say Hashem!

All human beings are subject to error and only a fool despise correction!

1 Like

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2023
TenQ, I suppose you have understood the premise of this thread.

So, why did you say that the Name wasn't important?

Of course, the Name of the One and only True God, YHVH Almighty, must be revered and deserves all the reverence and respect. However, I don't think that the Israelites of old stopped using his Name because of their reverence for him. Do a little research. Didn't you see Jeremiah 23:27 that I quoted above?

TenQ, where is YAHVEH in the name "Jesus"?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2023
elated177:
TenQ, I suppose you have understood the premise of this thread.

So, why did you say that the Name wasn't important?

Of course, the Name of the One and only True God, YHVH Almighty, must be revered and deserves all the reverence and respect. However, I don't think that the Israelites of old stopped using his Name because of their reverence for him. Do a little research. Didn't you see Jeremiah 23:27 that I quoted above?

TenQ, where is YAHVEH in the name "Jesus"?
1. I have not discussed the name YHWH throughout my conversation with you.
2. Did Jews at the time of Jesus utter the name YHWH?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by AntiChristian: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2023
TenQ:

My spelling error and I admit it.

Unlike you Muslims that don't own up to grand errors by both Allah and his Apostle Mohammed.

From your Islamic literatures I show you that Allah is not supposed to be making silly human-like errors like you and me.

But if Allah and his Apostle doesn't know the difference between Jewish Children Bedtime stories and reality like Solomon who died for almost a year and no one found out and Solomon's magic ring!

When Allah the Creator forgot that he did not put the sun inside any murky waters.

When even you Muslims pray daily to Mohammed as partner with Allah to which you refuse to respond after my last question cornered you.

We showed you that Allah says you are all going to hell but you wouldn't listen. Indeed, I your deception can only be helped when you become slightly more sincere to ask questions

Bible get copyists errorrrrrrrr oo!
Na your brother talk am above!
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2023
AntiChristian:

Bible get copyists errorrrrrrrr oo!
Na your brother talk am above!
Why not ask him?

Why not respond to the claim that:

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by AntiChristian: 4:56am On Oct 01, 2023
TenQ:

Why not ask him?

Why not respond to the claim that:

He corrected you! He is superior to you holy spirit wise!

Mr Hashi(e)m! The letter "I" and "e" are separated by four letters. How come you mistook them if not ignorance and arrogance!

Bible copyists made mistakes, hence they got no holy spirit!
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by Iamanoited: 5:18am On Oct 01, 2023
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER IS "SECURITY" OF ACTIONS, INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS.
IN THE NAME OF THE SON IS "SUCCESS" IN YOUR FEELINGS, THINKING AND REASONING.
IN THE NAME OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS "SAFETY" OF YOUR LIGHTS, GOODNESS AND LIFE.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATIONS.
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 6:31am On Oct 01, 2023
AntiChristian:

He corrected you! He is superior to you holy spirit wise!

Mr Hashi(e)m! The letter "I" and "e" are separated by four letters. How come you mistook them if not ignorance and arrogance!

Bible copyists made mistakes, hence they got no holy spirit!
I am human therefore No problem!

Doesn't it worry you that Allah and his prophet make silly human-like errors in the Quran?

It it not true shows that Allah cannot be God if he can make such silly mistakes in I will his own books?

They are even worse than mistakes: they are errors, goofs and display of ignorance.

Why not check by asking Questions before you get to the day of judgment and you discover how you have been Deceived by the Believing Arrogant Deciever himself

It's for the sake of your eternity.

1 Like

Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 9:11am On Oct 02, 2023
TenQ, didn't you say that the Name wasn't important?

You tell me, did the Israelites use the name of YHVH Almighty when Yahushua the Messiah was on earth?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2023
elated177:
TenQ, didn't you say that the Name wasn't important?

You tell me, did the Israelites use the name of YHVH Almighty when Yahushua the Messiah was on earth?

Can you please quote me properly where I said that?
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2023
TenQ, here it is.

TenQ:

If a Minister or an Ambassador says anything outside the Nation, I it is assumed that he speaks in the Name of the President of Nigeria (the specific name is not importan)
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by TenQ: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
elated177:
TenQ, here it is.

In the context of Ambassador and Authority. This was why I neither mentioned the name Jesus nor Yahweh!

TenQ:

It simply means "by the Authority of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit"!

It means you are like an Ambassador working in the Name of God in His full Nature and Office.

If a Minister or an Ambassador says anything outside the Nation, I it is assumed that he speaks in the Name of the President of Nigeria (the specific name is not important)
Re: In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? by elated177: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
TenQ, do you agree his Name is important?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snake Bites Pastor After He Used It To Prove He Is Untouchable (Pix/Video) / My Encounter With A Destined Head Of Witches. / Is The Priest The Only Person That can Listen To A Person's Confession?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.