Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) (55953 Views)

This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / My Trap Caught A Bush Rat, Let Me Teach You How To Make Bush Rat Soup! / What Is The Name Of This Animal My Trap Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Gandrova: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2023
Malroux:
Release it if you are a child of God and wants to make heaven.
If you want him to release it, credit his account.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by jubrilcastle(m): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2023
madgoat:

Plz what can i use as bait to catch bush rat in my trap?
Whats the best bait?
The very best is roasted palm kernel either fresh or processed one but the main thing is the palm kernel should still have the fruit inside. Also roasted corn fresh or dried no problem.

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2023
Olayinka8793:
Thanks for taking out time to enlighten me. May God increase you in wisdom.

I just moved to my new site and it is a bushy area that is not yet developed, everywhere is bush and farms and few houses.

I would like to be setting traps at my backyard and side fences to try and catch any types of bush rats whether okene, oya, emo or squirrel for my consumption.

How do you suggest I set up the trap to maximize catching of preys sir? I intend to buy the type of metal cage trap used by the poster of this topic. The location of my site is Ado odo Ota area of Ogun state.

Congratulations to you for the house. It will not be demolish or catch fire.

The two types of trap suitable for this environment is cage and wire. This will help to prevent domestic animals such as hen, goat, dogs etc to get caught.

You can get a cage trap, use roasted corn 🌽, yam or cassava to bait it. The aroma of roasted corn /yam will help draw the attention of the animal on time without the cage being their for days without getting any visit from the intending animal.

You can also do the local wire trap or buy from anyone around that does it.

The wire trap is made from a tiny strand of clutch cable tied to a wood or stick placed on a fence or tied to a branch of a tree you know animals climbed. This type of trap is suitable for okete, okere (sqauirel) & snake 🐍. This type of trap can be baited by pawpaw as it easily attracts okete and okere.

You will put the bait at the end of the wood /stick, so the animal will have to pass through the wire in circular form to get to the bait.

The animal must be bigger than the size of the wire, but will be struggling to pass through it and loss balance in the process, then it gets hanged.

But you have to exercise alot of caution if you found a snake get trapped in a wire trap coz they are very aggressive during that dieing time.

2 Likes

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
jubrilcastle:

The very best is roasted palm kernel either fresh or processed one but the main thing is the palm kernel should still have the fruit inside. Also roasted corn fresh or dried no problem.

Rosted corn and yam is still the best option as they don't get easily removed by the animal from the bait iron and the aroma attracts animals from far distance
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
jubrilcastle:

Palm kernel is used to bait small iron trap like gamani or the tin trap korope (deku ma agolo)
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Olayinka8793(m): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Oxtertee:

Congratulations to you for the house. It will not be demolish or catch fire.

The two types of trap suitable for this environment is cage and wire. This will help to prevent domestic animals such as hen, goat, dogs etc to get caught.

You can get a cage trap, use roasted corn 🌽, yam or cassava to bait it. The aroma of roasted corn /yam will help draw the attention of the animal on time without the cage being their for days without getting any visit from the intending animal.

You can also do the local wire trap or buy from anyone around that does it.

The wire trap is made from a tiny strand of clutch cable tied to a wood or stick placed on a fence or tied to a branch of a tree you know animals climbed. This type of trap is suitable for okete, okere (sqauirel) & snake 🐍. This type of trap can be baited by pawpaw as it easily attracts okete and okere.

You will put the bait at the end of the wood /stick, so the animal will have to pass through the wire in circular form to get to the bait.

The animal must be bigger than the size of the wire, but will be struggling to pass through it and loss balance in the process, then it gets hanged.

But you have to exercise alot of caution if you found a snake get trapped in a wire trap coz they are very aggressive during that dieing time.
Thanks a lot and God bless you my brother. May your wisdom continue to increase

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
Olayinka8793:
Thanks a lot and God bless you my brother. May your wisdom continue to increase

Amen......enjoy ur new home.

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by jubrilcastle(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2023
Oxtertee:

Rosted corn and yam is still the best option as they don't get easily removed by the animal from the bait iron and the aroma attracts animals from far distance
That's true
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by jubrilcastle(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2023
Oxtertee:

Palm kernel is used to bait small iron trap like gamani or the tin trap korope (deku ma agolo)
You sabi. No be lie
When I was in the village back then we use to hunt for this giant rat. I have explored almost all options catching them. From digging to smoking dem out, different types of traps etc
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
jubrilcastle:

You sabi. No be lie
When I was in the village back then we use to hunt for this giant rat. I have explored almost all options catching them. From digging to smoking dem out, different types of traps etc

It was really fun back then, getting sure meat without much hassle.

Hunting for okete, oya doesn't require gun, with a good trap in strategic location and guys with skills on how to identify holes with animal so they won't end up digging an empty or abandoned hole. Sharp cutlass and also sonku (digger) should be handy for easy digging of holes and to demolish termite hill (ogan) Meat go yappa go house.

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
jubrilcastle:

You sabi. No be lie

Village life sweet and less problematic, na social and infrastructural amenities spoil am. That's why most people move from villa to town. People are also now moving back from town to remote areas.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2023
Oxtertee:

Village life sweet and less problematic, na social and infrastructural amenities spoil am. That's why most people move from villa to town. People are also now moving back from town to remote areas.

Aswear. I love going to my Village. I will drink the best Palmwine directly from the source. Eat bush meat, eat Pounded Yam and many more.

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Aswear. I love going to my Village. I will drink the best Palmwine directly from the source. Eat bush meat, eat Pounded Yam and many more.

Palmwine wey go sweet like honey, fresh and undiluted from the farm. Fresh fruits and vegetables are not also left out.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2023
Oxtertee:

Palmwine wey go sweet like honey, fresh and undiluted from the farm. Fresh fruits and vegetables are not also left out.

Fresh palmwine no dey sweet like honey. And any Palmwine that is still sweet over am hour after it was tapped, is not original Palmwine (it has been dilluted and sacarine/ Sugar has been added). Original Palmwine looses its sweetness and becomes sttonger the longer it takes after it was tapped

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Fresh palmwine no dey sweet like honey. And any Palmwine that is still sweet over am hour after it was tapped, is not original Palmwine (it has been dilluted and sacarine/ Sugar has been added). Original Palmwine looses its sweetness and becomes sttonger the longer it takes after it was tapped

Oga MI, I know what am saying. Honey usually die inside tapped Palmwine and gives some sort of sugary taste.

I drink directly from where it is tapped, even before it was collected together and taken home.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
Oxtertee:

Oga MI, I know what am saying. Honey usually die inside tapped Palmwine and gives some sort of sugary taste.

I drink directly from where it is tapped, even before it was collected together and taken home.

Calm down.
I have a video about how Palmwine is tapped. The Video is for People like you who drink Palmwine without knowledge of how it is tapped.

Do you know how many varieties of Trees can be used to tap Palmwine? Do you know which of these trees produce the most expensive Palmwine? Do you know which of these Trees produce the strongest Palmwine?

I know you dont have a single answer to any of my questions, but i can explain to you in details.

Check this video i made about how Palmwine is tapped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei7tMTpXQmA
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Oxtertee:

Bees are usually found around any Palwine tapping Pot. They go there to sip from the sweetest part of the palmwine.

Bees do not make palmwine sweet. Ask me any question about Bees and Palmwine and i will explain to you in details.

I farm Bees too.

See my videos about Bees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVhPrb4jQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdxveYtcGGY
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Calm down.
I have a video about how Palmwine is tapped. The Video is for People like you who drink Palmwine without knowledge of how it is tapped.

Do you know how many varieties of Trees can be used to tap Palmwine? Do you know which of these trees produce the most expensive Palmwine? Do you know which of these Trees produce the strongest Palmwine?

I know you dont have a single answer to any of my questions, but i can explain to you in details.

Check this video i made about how Palmwine is tapped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei7tMTpXQmA

I am quite suprise at the way you address me, do I sound stupid or seems like someone that haven't seen a palm tree in his life?

Well let me tell you oga localfarmer, I am not a Lagosian or someone who was born or brought up inside an estate.

I spent part of my life in the village, I have my own personal farm, I helped people to harvest their palm fruit from up, also harvest cocoa, kolanut, walnut and fruits oranges as well. When it comes to trees, I am a good climber.

The two prominent methods of taping Palmwine in southwest is either by climbing and hanging the container on its neck while it still standing or by falling / uprooting the palm tree and placing the container underneath.

So oga farmer, I know what I am saying when I talk about taste of Palmwine. Palmwine do have dead bees inside it from the farm, it is the tapper that sieve it.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2023
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by sharpwriter(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2023
mrksquare:

Usually they set it on fire while it is in the cage.
Lol... I have seen this done to a blood thirsty stray cat before using this same cage

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by sharpwriter(m): 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2023
bobbiiee:
Some put the trapped animal & the trap in water so as to partially drown it.

Chai... Different methods... You humans wicked, lol
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
sharpwriter:

Chai... Different methods... You humans wicked, lol

cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 3:21pm On Feb 16
Rat
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 12:47pm On Feb 22
Bush Rat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Our Farm Swallowed 2 Turkeys (Pictured) / Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey / The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.