Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement (483 Views)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Renwess: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2023
My Toyota Camry 2003 car with 2az engine recently do overheating and I could see oil inside the radiator cover. Then I approach a mechanic who confirmed to me that I needed to replace the top gasket.

After top gasket was replaced, we started the car and water was coming out and also mixed with the new oil we used to service it and immediately turned milky something that has never happened.

Now the mechanic is telling me that the threads on the engine block are no longer good and have expanded so they have to called those that drill or thread the engine block to come and re-thread it.

I am already confused and don't know what to do at the moment.

The car is located around Badore Ajah.

My question is will this ever worked if the block is re-threaded and new bolts are used to work it?

Is it possible to buy a Tokunbo 2az engine block that comes with pistons and use it instead of going for the re-threading option ?

What really works in this situation ?

Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by olukaygold(m): 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
My Brother! pls save yourself the Stress and Energy,gather money and buy New Tokunbo engine of the exact one that spoilt.If you repair it,that mean you're ready to be close padi with your mechanic even though You'd still replace the engine after 6months. I'm talking from experiences.

1 Like

Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Angrigowt: 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2023
Buy toks. Its an aluminium engine block and it has zero tolerance to overheating. Scrap the engine for 50k..add money buy another 1
Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Renwess: 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2023
Angrigowt:
Buy toks. Its an aluminium engine block and it has zero tolerance to overheating. Scrap the engine for 50k..add money buy another 1

😂... I should scrap engine that isn't even smoking only that the bolt threads are expanded ...

What about if they rethread it ? At least something that can be used for few months before engine is replaced. I need to gather the money and can just park the motor like that ...
Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Angrigowt: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
Listen to me. Once naija mechanic start with your engine.na sorry go be your name from thr na shorting of oil,plug wohala,oga we go ring am,camshaft,vave wohala,..to have piece of mind buy toks.
Renwess:

😂... I should scrap engine that isn't even smoking only that the bolt threads are expanded ...

What about if they rethread it ? At least something that can be used for few months before engine is replaced. I need to gather the money and can just park the motor like that ...
Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Dozieson(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
Renwess:
My Toyota Camry 2003 car with 2az engine recently do overheating and I could see oil inside the radiator cover. Then I approach a mechanic who confirmed to me that I needed to replace the top gasket.

After top gasket was replaced, we started the car and water was coming out and also mixed with the new oil we used to service it and immediately turned milky something that has never happened.

Now the mechanic is telling me that the threads on the engine block are no longer good and have expanded so they have to called those that drill or thread the engine block to come and re-thread it.

I am already confused and don't know what to do at the moment.

The car is located around Badore Ajah.

My question is will this ever worked if the block is re-threaded and new bolts are used to work it?

Is it possible to buy a Tokunbo 2az engine block that comes with pistons and use it instead of going for the re-threading option ?

What really works in this situation ?

Were you with the mechanic when the gasket was changed? He should have told you this when fixing the top on the block.

You can as well get half engine and fit your top to it if there is a strip bolt head. I would advise you take it to a competent mechanic. This one no Sabi work

Please be ready to spend money to get it working well
Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by fineboynl(m): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2023
The mechanic should have known since the threads were not holding

1 Like

Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Renwess: 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dozieson:

Were you with the mechanic when the gasket was changed? He should have told you this when fixing the top on the block.

You can as well get half engine and fit your top to it if there is a strip bolt head. I would advise you take it to a competent mechanic. This one no Sabi work

Please be ready to spend money to get it working well

I was there trying to make input he told that it's his work I should relax ... I think mechanics are the biggest obstacles to owning a car in this country.

You need to see how they will give your car to small small boys that are learning work to dismantle and couple. They will end up degrading or spoiling your car more.
Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Dozieson(m): 4:55am On Oct 01, 2023
Renwess:

I was there trying to make input he told that it's his work I should relax ... I think mechanics are the biggest obstacles to owning a car in this country.

You need to see how they will give your car to small small boys that are learning work to dismantle and couple. They will end up degrading or spoiling your car more.

Look for a competent mechanic bro
Re: Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement by Whois(m): 5:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Big daddy have zero tolerance for over heating. Changing the engine is your best bet. Know this and know peace

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz C200 / How Exactly Does A Car Engine Work? / Looking For The Right Car For You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.