Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku (4758 Views)

Alteration Of 2023 Budget: Federal Govt At Crossroads, Says Debt May Hit N72trn / Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Kuginzi: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
By John Alechenu, Abuja

The presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2023 general election, Atiku Abubakar, has said Nigeria is celebrating its 63rd independence at a crossroads.

According to him, the nation which is yet to attain its full potentials has so much to be grateful for, especially for the industry of its youths in various fields, whose achievements have led to the hoisting of the national flag across the globe.

Atiku said this in his Independence Day message to Nigerians, in Abuja, on Saturday.

The former Vice President and Wazirin Adamawa explained that this year’s Independence Day “is coming at a time when the country is at a crossroads in many aspects of our national lives.

"Sixty-three years ago, when this great country acquired independence, it was upon the promise of abundant prosperity and the principle of social justice.

“As a nation, we have continued to struggle to manifest the dreams of our founding fathers in upholding the promises of shared prosperity and social justice.

"We have encountered great moments when the flag of our dear country flew tall on the global stage through the industry of our sportsmen and women, the prolific distinction of our academia and the top notch artistry of Nigerian talents in the global music scene.

"The talents and doggedness of young Nigerians who have refused to give up on the country are the inspiration for a greater future that we celebrate today.

"The energy of the Nigerian youth is a formidable force in the consternation of manpower and skills that power the global economy.

Across the globe, and in various fields of human endeavour, the youth of this country have proven to have the competence to rival any of their peers from any part of the world.

"That success – the gallantry of our youth – is the primal element of what we celebrate today as a nation.”

He went on to say, “Therefore, for me, the challenge before us all is in ensuring that the political leadership in the country that we call home should be worthy of our pride as a people and not of telling embarrassment.

"Our democracy has triumphed so far due to the fidelity of our conviction that a democracy, when properly nurtured, should bring out the best in us and of us.

“As Nigerians, we are all not unfamiliar with the hardships in the economy, security, and other vital aspects of our society.

"While I enjoin us all to submit our strengths in faith to the Almighty God, we must be prepared to do our best to pull the country back from this point of uncertainty to a place of common safety.

“I congratulate fellow Nigerians, alongside friends and well wishers of our dear country across the globe, and wish you a happy Independence Day.

“God bless you all, and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/independence-day-nigeria-is-at-crossroads-says-atiku/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Felimax(m): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2023
63 years of gross corrupt tendencies backed with a well known DRUG LORD as the rogue in charge!

World poverty capital!
Nigeria could win in every ramifications to anything that is bad.

Located very strategically at the equator, world most hottest region, Nigeria may not be too far from hell. Perhaps a prototype of hell. The man in Aso Rock was made after the likeness of devil himself.

Thank God I am among the selected few!

Independence day my anus!

Woe to the inhabitants of the shit hole except those who has sincerely been bought by Christ Himself through His blood.!.

11 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
Having a drug baron as your president is the biggest embarrassment not only to Nigerians but to the rest of Africa

14 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by yarimo(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2023
Why won't it be at crossroad after you have stolen enough from Nigeria as vice president

16 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by whytediamond(m): 4:11am On Oct 01, 2023
cool

Most states in Nigeria are bigger than most European countries by landmass.

Most states in Nigeria has more abundant natural resources than most European countries.

Most states in Nigeria has more human Population than most countries in Europe.

The problem we are facing as a country is purely foundational.

How can one man oversee the affairs of a very vast country like Nigeria?

How can one man who can't successfully run a local government be entrusted with a whole nation with the so much ethnic divide.

Until Nigeria is disintegrated to smaller units, we are not going to see the desired prosperity.

How can one explain the total collapse of economy and mass illiteracy coupled with youth unemployment?

Leadership in Nigeria is always run by the worse set of people on earth, yet we seek positive change. Make una dey play.

Nothing to be happy about independence day. Happy new month my people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by GreatKingg: 4:11am On Oct 01, 2023
hh
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Thundafireseun: 4:11am On Oct 01, 2023
Alahaji Atiku I pity you

You don’t have any thing to offer your self and your community

I advise you accept Christ into your life before it’s too late

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by bluefilm: 4:19am On Oct 01, 2023
Never knew a day like this will come when I will even have a nice thing to say about Mr Atiku but since Mr. Atiku has championed the cause to expose Mr. Balablue, I have no other option than to be moderate in my criticism of him.

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Goodoldays(m): 4:23am On Oct 01, 2023
Useless country at 63

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by IfnobeGod20: 4:28am On Oct 01, 2023
As I quote
"He went on to say, “Therefore, for me, the challenge before us all is in ensuring that the political leadership in the country that we call home should be worthy of our pride as a people and not of telling embarrassment".

If you're not worry of this telling embarrassment, meaning you don't have conscience and the love of this our darling country. Leaders are the symbols of the nation and are expected to live above board and not causing excruciating embarrassment on the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by AntiChristian: 4:33am On Oct 01, 2023
Which crossroads?

And na you fit solve am since 1999 you and OBJ?

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by stepaside1: 5:26am On Oct 01, 2023
How can Atiku Abubakar even contemplate the sort of things he writes just because he lost an election? Too many people get carried away by sweet words that don't mean much. Atiku is one of the longest serving politicians in Nigeria. From his days in Customs to his 8 years as Vice President, to his massive wealth and influence that has bought him the Presidential ticket of political parties from 2007 till date etc. What has been the overall contribution to life in Nigeria?

A very simple test for me is his home state of Adamawa where he has more or less overtly or covertly controlled governance for decades. What is the quality of life there? What are the Human Development indices like? What is the state of infrastructure? I can go on and on. Your guess is as good as mine. Anybody seeking to convince me beyond sweet words that anyone can put together, should show me their past performance.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by ican2020: 5:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Nigeria leaders failed Nigerians right from independence to date

Shame on all Nigeria leaders both past and present

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 01, 2023
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:04am On Oct 01, 2023
Ma atiku come be cross lane man? Traffic man? .. # spit

Make una get used to the face u go dey see on ur wall for years to come. #ọ́kọ́iyawọ́n

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Promismike(m): 6:15am On Oct 01, 2023
The truth is Nigeria has no plan or future for the masses and the poor.

Our leaders will export crude oil abroad only to buy it back after it's refined at high cost (just because they earn billions from this stupid arrangements). When we can build as many refineries at home to refine and sell the product at lower price.

It's very easy to solve the economic problem of Nigeria but because these so called leaders make billions from the dysfunctional structures they established. They all want to maintain the status quo.

Nigeria really need a sincere and transparent and violent system shaking.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by FashionCookie(f): 6:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Coming from you? Na...I'll pass.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by codedguy1(m): 6:17am On Oct 01, 2023
So the druggie will give anindependence day speech this morning.

We are so f@#ked.

But it shall be well.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by nepapole(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2023
Blessed country with useless leaders and terrible citizens
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by blaise26abj(m): 6:31am On Oct 01, 2023
They should all shut the F up . Talking as if they are not the reason Nigeria is where it is today . The only cross road nigeria should be is how to get rid of all of you . Crossroads of whether to Boil alive , exile , firing squad …etc . Useless visionless politicians after self enrichment .

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by fredoooooo: 6:58am On Oct 01, 2023
Cross ya Belle first sirc
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Goodvibes007: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2023
Yawns.

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Bluntemperor: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2023
yarimo:
Why won't it be at crossroad after you have stolen enough from Nigeria as vice president

Let him declared all his:
Bank Accounts, since his days as a Custom Officer,
Businesses Accounts,
all his Properties here and Abroad,Nigerians will be shocked!
How Patriotic are these Politicians?
Please,save us crocodiles menus,I beg!

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Whytelyon(m): 7:44am On Oct 01, 2023
Help us drag this thief in Aso Rock out, make he day go back Iragbiji , I take God beg you.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by DatNiggaDaz: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2023
On all cylinders

FIRE

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by bigdammyj: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Teenaira: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2023
Kuginzi:
By John Alechenu, Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/independence-day-nigeria-is-at-crossroads-says-atiku/amp/

I pray this day that Atiku and his fellow conspirators planning to destroy this country will fail and all they will be known for in life is failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by mejetov422: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2023
It's well
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Think9ja(m): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2023
Imagine you're forced by your parents to marry a certain man or woman without first dating each other.

Two years passed, the marriage isn't working despite you guys having kids, then three years passed, no improvement, then four, five, six years passed same thing. Won't you sit down and renegotiate your cohabitation?
Of course you will. You will even go as far as divorcing each other so that both of U can have more fulfilling lives.

This is the case of Nigeria .
Several different interests were bundle as one. Sixty three years later, no meaningful progress, the inhabitants keeping dying and wasting away, the survivors keep living in abject poverty, the leaders keep feasting on the common resources of the country, the ordinary citizen is trying to play a fast one on his compatriot, etc.
Why can't we sit down and renegotiate our nationhood? Why must we keep suffering because our parents (British) forced us to marry each other?

Nigeria died a really long time ago.
Reason why you should never take any idiot talking about a new Nigeria seriously.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku by Jostoman: 8:24am On Oct 01, 2023
yarimo:
Atiku is 100% better than your BAT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Jos Crisis Began. / EFCC's Budget Slashed: Good Or Bad Sign? / 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.