Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. (1302 Views)

Wanted Murderer 'Ikanda' Finally Arrested 9 Months After Going Into Hiding. Pics / Police Officer Who Shot A Passenger In Port Harcourt , Finally Arrested / Madam Who Ordered Thugs To Brutalize Security Guard Finally Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by Ojulari447: 1:05am On Oct 01, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NwCEvJQoJ8

The death of Tupac Shakur after a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas remained a high-profile cold case for almost 30 years, stoking rap rivalry conspiracies and media coverage around who would want the influential hip-hop star and actor dead.

Then, a breakthrough: Las Vegas police announced Friday the arrest of a suspect, Duane Keith Davis, one of four people thought to have been in the white Cadillac that pursued Shakur on Sept. 7, 1996.

A grand jury indicted Davis, 60, on a murder charge — an outcome that has surprised few after the former Los Angeles gang leader wrote a 2019 self-published memoir, "Compton Street Legend," boasting about his involvement as an eyewitness to the shooting.

"Tupac Shakur is a music legend, and this community and worldwide have been wanting justice for Tupac," Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said at a news conference Friday. "And today, we're taking that first step."

Shakur's family, fans and members of the Black community had been skeptical of the investigation and questioned why it seemed to stall year after year, despite all the attention.

"It's a story that has captivated people for a generation now," said Jeffrey Ogbar, a professor of history at the University of Connecticut and author of "Hip-Hop Revolution: The Culture and Politics of Rap."

"Better late than never," he said of an arrest, "but there is a concern that the people who've been most central to the murder will have escaped justice."

2pac death Summary
The rapper, who was born in New York, raised in Baltimore and moved to California in his teens, found success under the recording name 2Pac, racking up hits in the 1990s like "Keep Ya Head Up," "Dear Mama" and "California Love."

At the age of 20, he starred in the movie "Juice," and later opposite Janet Jackson in "Poetic Justice."

The night he was shot, Shakur attended a Mike Tyson-Bruce Seldon prizefight with Marion "Suge" Knight, the founder of Death Row Records, Shakur's label.

Shakur was a passenger in the BMW that Knight was driving. About 11:15 p.m., as they waited at a red light near the Las Vegas Strip headed to a club owned by Knight, a white Cadillac pulled up beside them and unleashed a fusillade, investigators said.

Shakur was shot four times, including in the chest, and died from his injuries six days later. He was 25.

The intersection Marion "Suge" Knight were shot in Las Vegas
The intersection Marion "Suge" Knight were shot in Las Vegas, in 1996. Jack Dempsey / AP file
The rapper, who chronicled his hardships and wove introspective lyrics around themes of poverty, police brutality and self-proclaimed "thug life," had endured previous violence. In 1994, he was shot five times at a recording studio in Manhattan during a robbery.

"Tupac unfortunately fell victim," Ogbar said. "By all accounts, they would say he was not a gangster, but when he started to hang out with gangsters at Death Row, he adopted a lot of those sensibilities

Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by enochogaga(m): 1:44am On Oct 01, 2023
Working system
Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by BLACKPOWERS123: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ojulari447:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NwCEvJQoJ8

The death of Tupac Shakur after a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas remained a high-profile cold case for almost 30 years, stoking rap rivalry conspiracies and media coverage around who would want the influential hip-hop star and actor dead.

Then, a breakthrough: Las Vegas police announced Friday the arrest of a suspect, Duane Keith Davis, one of four people thought to have been in the white Cadillac that pursued Shakur on Sept. 7, 1996.

A grand jury indicted Davis, 60, on a murder charge — an outcome that has surprised few after the former Los Angeles gang leader wrote a 2019 self-published memoir, "Compton Street Legend," boasting about his involvement as an eyewitness to the shooting.

"Tupac Shakur is a music legend, and this community and worldwide have been wanting justice for Tupac," Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said at a news conference Friday. "And today, we're taking that first step."

Shakur's family, fans and members of the Black community had been skeptical of the investigation and questioned why it seemed to stall year after year, despite all the attention.

"It's a story that has captivated people for a generation now," said Jeffrey Ogbar, a professor of history at the University of Connecticut and author of "Hip-Hop Revolution: The Culture and Politics of Rap."

"Better late than never," he said of an arrest, "but there is a concern that the people who've been most central to the murder will have escaped justice."

2pac death Summary
The rapper, who was born in New York, raised in Baltimore and moved to California in his teens, found success under the recording name 2Pac, racking up hits in the 1990s like "Keep Ya Head Up," "Dear Mama" and "California Love."

At the age of 20, he starred in the movie "Juice," and later opposite Janet Jackson in "Poetic Justice."

The night he was shot, Shakur attended a Mike Tyson-Bruce Seldon prizefight with Marion "Suge" Knight, the founder of Death Row Records, Shakur's label.

Shakur was a passenger in the BMW that Knight was driving. About 11:15 p.m., as they waited at a red light near the Las Vegas Strip headed to a club owned by Knight, a white Cadillac pulled up beside them and unleashed a fusillade, investigators said.

Shakur was shot four times, including in the chest, and died from his injuries six days later. He was 25.

The intersection Marion "Suge" Knight were shot in Las Vegas
The intersection Marion "Suge" Knight were shot in Las Vegas, in 1996. Jack Dempsey / AP file
The rapper, who chronicled his hardships and wove introspective lyrics around themes of poverty, police brutality and self-proclaimed "thug life," had endured previous violence. In 1994, he was shot five times at a recording studio in Manhattan during a robbery.

"Tupac unfortunately fell victim," Ogbar said. "By all accounts, they would say he was not a gangster, but when he started to hang out with gangsters at Death Row, he adopted a lot of those sensibilities

Even the person wey do the statue no like am.
Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by HeightsKE: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
enochogaga:
Compliments of the season oga.
Sorry for this disturbance.
Please I recently had my big luthian generator serviced by this oga's boy.

Usually after a long time,I just service it and use but this time,the boy told me I need to change the "valve".
I ultimately gave him money to change the valve and still didn't start.
Then he suddenly went to get a sparkplug and immediately,it started.
Now we had to throw away the old plug and he got one for #400!

Just few days now,the generator stopped working and won't start.
In addition to that,the gen now has a stronger pull and pull back when I want to start it which wasn't like that before.

With this current economy,I am thinking of selling it to buy those small imported Honda generator that uses step down. Or do you think I should get a more good plug?
Thanks oga
Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by enochogaga(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2023
HeightsKE:

Compliments of the season oga.
Sorry for this disturbance.
Please I recently had my big luthian generator serviced by this oga's boy.

Usually after a long time,I just service it and use but this time,the boy told me I need to change the "valve".
I ultimately gave him money to change the valve and still didn't start.
Then he suddenly went to get a sparkplug and immediately,it started.
Now we had to throw away the old plug and he got one for #400!

Just few days now,the generator stopped working and won't start.
In addition to that,the gen now has a stronger pull and pull back when I want to start it which wasn't like that before.

With this current economy,I am thinking of selling it to buy those small imported Honda generator that uses step down. Or do you think I should get a more good plug?
Thanks oga

I greet u sir, the strong pull is still from the valve settings and that can still be cause of hard starting, but does the gen brink out white smooke?
Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by silibaba: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2023
Na P.diddy kill am.
Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by HeightsKE: 11:26am On Jan 02
enochogaga:

I greet u sir, the strong pull is still from the valve settings and that can still be cause of hard starting, but does the gen brink out white smooke?
Ot doesn't.
Ever since I bought it,it use to start softly but the eye guy said it has to be strong.
After changing the valve then,it still didn't work until he changed the sparkplug. The next day,while working,it just stopped. Tried starting it but no way,it won't start..could it be the plug again?
It's so frustrating.
It's a lithian 2.5 and I think I will sell it and get a tokunbo gen
Re: 2pac Murder Finally Arrested After 27 Years Ago. by todugo(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02
All this is a engineered distraction to keep the gullible people attention from the main issues of the world.

(1) (Reply)

How I Use Human Skulls To Cure Hiv/aids • Man Caught With Human Parts / Nollywood Actor (soji Taiwo) Almost Beat Police Officer To Coma / Is There Anything Like Marine Soldier In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.