Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

An African City In Brazil - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An African City In Brazil (1932 Views)

Enugu Greenery: The Most Serene City In Nigeria / Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2023
Few months ago, I was in Salvador, the capital of Bahia, a northeastern state in Brazil. Salvador is known for its Portuguese colonial architecture, Afro-Brazilian culture and a tropical coastline.

The Pelourinho neighborhood is its historic heart, with cobblestone alleys opening onto large squares, colorful buildings and baroque churches.

Walking around Pelourinho was fun, because of the many influences from Africa, especially the Yoruba religion. I walked by some vendors selling Acarajé, which is their version of Akara. I tried it once, and I didn't like it. Nothing compared to Naija's Akara, though Brazilians enjoy it, I tell them "Wait till you try Naija's Akara". Even coca-cola dey use Acarajé for their ads.

I spoke Yoruba to the guy talking about Orisha, and of course he had no clue of what I was talking about, they just want money. lol He wanted to do some cleansing or something like that to me, I said lai lai, no be me. lol grin

I met some other interesting people which you can see in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buF8_Fk6gmk

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2023
The ladies in the big dress, charge you money to take photos with them. I offered one 2 Reais, but she wanted 10 Reais, so I bailed. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An African City In Brazil by TANID(m): 8:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Good To Hear
Re: An African City In Brazil by Chibuzoripob: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2023
cool
Re: An African City In Brazil by Stargangz: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2023
Naijamanyoutube its been a while oga mi. Umbanda, Santeria, Candomble, Orixa(Orisha), Xango(Shango), Oxun(Oshun), Voodoo, Ifa, Iemanja(Yemoja), Ogum(Ogun), Babalao(Babalawo) etc.. are all still widely practiced across Latin America, Carribean, and as far as North America. I also learnt they make sacrifice(Ebo) as well. I wonder how the Yoruba kept it going despite hudreds of years of the trans atlantic slave trade. I even thougt as widely speculated that Yoruba is one of the recognised languages in Brazil, because I learnt they use yoruba language to perform those spiritual rites.
God bless the Yorubas!

8 Likes

Re: An African City In Brazil by GeneralPula: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2023
Beautiful cool
Re: An African City In Brazil by Kinghenry1315: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Why is it that they love wearing knicker in Brazil so much most of their videos I have watched almost all the people are on knicker

1 Like

Re: An African City In Brazil by sageb: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
Few months ago, I was in Salvador, the capital of Bahia, a northeastern state in Brazil. Salvador is known for its Portuguese colonial architecture, Afro-Brazilian culture and a tropical coastline.

The Pelourinho neighborhood is its historic heart, with cobblestone alleys opening onto large squares, colorful buildings and baroque churches.

Walking around Pelourinho was fun, because of the many influences from Africa, especially the Yoruba religion. I walked by some vendors selling Acarajé, which is their version of Akara. I tried it once, and I didn't like it. Nothing compared to Naija's Akara, though Brazilians enjoy it, I tell them "Wait till you try Naija's Akara". Even coca-cola dey use Acarajé for their ads.

I spoke Yoruba to the guy talking about Orisha, and of course he had no clue of what I was talking about, they just want money. lol He wanted to do some cleansing or something like that to me, I said lai lai, no be me. lol grin

Nice scenes
Re: An African City In Brazil by BossGerald: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
GeneralPula:

Mynd44..

Kindly remove this silly post on this beautiful thread. Then don carry their political madness come here..

I don't understand why you're crying...you don't want to be exposed??
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
How you dey Stargangz? You are right. And yes they still make sacrifices. They need Yoruba speakers who can speak some Portuguese to open up schools and teach them.

What is new for your side?

Stargangz:
Naijamanyoutube its been a while oga mi. Umbanda, Santeria, Candomble, Orixa(Orisha), Xango(Shango), Oxun(Oshun), Voodoo, Ifa, Iemanja(Yemoja), Ogum(Ogun), Babalao(Babalawo) etc.. are all still widely practiced across Latin America, Carribean, and as far as North America. I also learnt they make sacrifice(Ebo) as well. I wonder how the Yoruba kept it going despite hudreds of years of the trans atlantic slave trade. I even thougt as widely speculated that Yoruba is one of the recognised languages in Brazil, because I learnt they use yoruba language to perform those spiritual rites.
God bless the Yorubas!
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
Thank you for the feedback.

GeneralPula:
Beautiful cool
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
It is very hot and humid, so they don't like putting on too much clothes. Remember that in Africa, we used to not wear too much clothes, until religion came and told us that it's bad to expose our bodies.

Kinghenry1315:
Why is it that they love wearing knicker in Brazil so much most of their videos I have watched almost all the people are on knicker
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
Thank you for watching and for the feedback.
sageb:

Nice scenes
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Thank you for watching and for the feedback. Good representation worldwide, helps to lift the image of the country.

BossGerald:
Nice one

Our yoruba brothers in diaspora are representing us well, they're disciplined and we'll cultured.

We're only left with yoruba Muslims here who have sworn never to let Nigeria progress with propaganda and tribalism...its very shameful

2 Likes

Re: An African City In Brazil by Stargangz: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
How you dey Stargangz? You are right. And yes they still make sacrifices. They need Yoruba speakers who can speak some Portuguese to open up schools and teach them.

What is new for your side?

Oga mi nothing much o, na to japa be the koko for now, 9ja don cast.

2 Likes

Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
If you japa, who will stay home for nation building? grin

Stargangz:

Oga mi nothing much o, na to japa be the koko for now, 9ja don cast.
Re: An African City In Brazil by CedarHoldings: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
This Brazilians are lively people, more than USA

3 Likes

Re: An African City In Brazil by Stargangz: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
If you japa, who will stay home for nation building? grin

Koni da fun nation building, oga mi why you sef no wait? U no know how many donkey years you don japa abi shey you dey whine me ni? nation wey don explode lati aye Genesis, shey na me wan build am? Egbon 9ja ti daru patapata, exchange rate na #950/$, petrol #620/L, diesel #1100/L, cost of living is damn too high, the small poultry business wey I dey manage don colapse. Egbon maa baa yi ja gan o, once again koni da fun nation building. Baba u don chop life for Uruguay, Netherland, Yankee, Germany, Peru, etc,, Me sef wan be like you nah cos you be my mentor, no body fit tell me make I no japa even if na Porto Novo.

2 Likes

Re: An African City In Brazil by paschalj4(m): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2023
Stargangz:

Koni da fun nation building, oga mi why you sef no wait? U no know how many donkey years you don japa abi shey you dey whine me ni? nation wey don explode lati aye Genesis, shey na me wan build am? Egbon 9ja ti daru patapata, exchange rate na #950/$, petrol #620/L, diesel #1100/L, cost of living is damn too high, the small poultry business wey I dey manage don colapse. Egbon maa baa yi ja gan o, once again koni da fun nation building. Baba u don chop life for Uruguay, Netherland, Yankee, Germany, Peru, etc,, Me sef wan be like you nah cos you be my mentor, no body fit tell me make I no japa even if na Porto Novo.
grin grin grin I dey with you brother who nation building help.

1 Like

Re: An African City In Brazil by julioralph(m): 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nice vid...
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:31am On Oct 05, 2023
You are right. They enjoy parties a lot, especially family parties.

CedarHoldings:
This Brazilians are lively people, more than USA

1 Like

Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:36am On Oct 05, 2023
I just dey whine you o! Abeg no swear for me o! grin

My posts are meant to inspire others that want to japa and let them see what is out there, so they can be well prepared.

Abeg no curse nation building o! lol

I get new posts loading. I been post one about money making but Nairaland delete am. I go post am again after removing somethings that might have pissed them off.

Stargangz:

Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:40am On Oct 05, 2023
My guy, learn some Spanish or Portuguese, then start teaching Yoruba language to those interested because they are into the Yoruba religion.

Did you see the interview I did in Uruguay of the guy into Orisha? He said that with the right person, he can set up a Yoruba language school and that it's going to be big money.

He said he wants correct person, not a 419 o. I go link am up when I find person wey don learn Spanish and na correct person.

Stargangz:

Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:40am On Oct 05, 2023
grin

paschalj4:
grin grin grin I dey with you brother who nation building help.
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:41am On Oct 05, 2023
Thank you for the support o! I have more videos loading!

julioralph:
Nice vid...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An African City In Brazil by XAUBulls: 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2023
naijamanyoutube:

An interesting thread. Like Bahia in Brazil, like Old Havana in Cuba. Both with ancestral ties to Africa and Nigeria via mainly the Yorubas and the Angola/Congo region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An African City In Brazil by Taal17: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2023
Stargangz:
God bless the Yorubas!
Yoruba is considered as a religion in Brazil so a religion that has various deities. So they do not even need to speak Yoruba to be Yoruba if you get what I mean

As opposed to be a tribe and a language in Africa so I learnt to explain that to Brazilians before Dem tink say I follow them do ebo for yemoja
Re: An African City In Brazil by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05
grin

Taal17:

As opposed to be a tribe and a language in Africa so I learnt to explain that to Brazilians before Dem tink say I follow them do ebo for yemoja
Re: An African City In Brazil by SuperOnyi: 9:45am On Jan 11
naijamanyoutube:
I just dey whine you o! Abeg no swear for me o! grin

My posts are meant to inspire others that want to japa and let them see what is out there, so they can be well prepared.

Abeg no curse nation building o! lol

I get new posts loading. I been post one about money making but Nairaland delete am. I go post am again after removing somethings that might have pissed them off.

shocked

Boss, we're still anticipating the money making thread... Love your contents! After learning Korean and Chinese, I might have to sharpen my knowledge of Igbo, Yoruba, hausa, and etc. I feel that's the next global thing...

(1) (Reply)

Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? / Beautiful Island Countries In The World / Photos Of Overloaded Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.