Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? (1931 Views)

How To Get Jobs In Canada / Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa / Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by babaJayZ1(m): 2:15am On Oct 23, 2008
My girlfriend just started schoolin in London a month ago. She needs a job to get extra cash. I would be glad to get advice on known locations where she could get oppurtunities. Especially businesses run by fellow Nigerians, so that she can make ends meet. Every bit of advice will go a long way. Thank you.
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by Seun(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2008
Is she allowed to work?
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by kokorunna(m): 11:48am On Oct 23, 2008
If she has got a student visa or permit to work, then there is loads of fast food restaurants she can work in.

I will not advise her to work for a fellow nigerian.

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by lucabrasi(m): 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2008
working for nigerian owned businesses in uk is modern day slavery so tell your gf to try tescos,sainsburys and the likes, they r recruiting temporary xmas staffs all over now so it should be fairly easy to get a temp job pending the time she ll get a more permanent jb
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by MrCrackles(m): 12:31pm On Oct 23, 2008
If she has a student visa without restrictions on working, then she is allowed to work up to 20hrs during term time and 40hrs off-term times

Fast food restuarants would easily give immigrants jobs without the need for experience however she may be lucky with one of the high street retailers!

Goodluck to her
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by jaybee3(m): 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2008
all sort of jobs for students
mcdees
burger king
supermarket
royal mail
telesales

tell her to check londonjobs.co.uk for part-time work
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by asitis(f): 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2008
If she's got working permit then i wouldn't advice her to work for a Nigerian business, in most cases, the working conditions are always poor, many pay below minimum  wage, she'll better off working for the likes of McDonald KCF, burger King etc where she'll be treated with respect.
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by LondonCool(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2008
Seun:

Is she allowed to work?

Is that a question or a statement ? Arrogance + Ignorance make a good rhyme !
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by landis(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2008
Didn't Mr Brown said UK is in recession,
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by femigirl(f): 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2008
http://www.gumtree.com/london/part-time-jobs_1176_1.html

if she a student she can do 20hours.

check the above link, plenty weekend job/part time job
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by pafun(m): 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2008
landis:

Didn't Mr Brown said UK is in recession,

Whoever advised that shops are hiring for Christmas has certainly not visited the UK lately . Many would in fact be closing down before Christmas as the British seem again to be finally discovering the joy of home cooking (rather than eating out) and of making good clothes last many more months. As a matter of fact for the past couple of years Europeans have been getting more preference even for the lowliest jobs like street and office cleaning . I am quite sorry for your friend , she may be in for a very mean Christmas this year and I suggest that she takes whatever job she can find even from fellow Nigerians or evil Indians or the pub.

@Femigirl
A British friend of mine has over the years temporarily housed European students coming to London to look for work on suggestion of Gumtree and I can tell you that many have returned home quite frustrated. A few of them I suspect eventually took up prostitution.
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by femigirl(f): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2008
pafun,

gumtree is very reliable website I beg. You can get a job as a waitress at wembley arena/ Fulham FC/chelesa FC.

I even got a job myself few years back consulting at one estate agents through gumtree nice little earner.

look job below from gumtree

This is a great FUN role working in the City, for a very well established Call Centre, working on behalf of a major Telecoms company.

It's a really easy job contacting existing customers and asking them if they want to renew or upgrade their contract.

Ideally you should be experienced in telemarketing or telesales and you must have an excellent command of spoken English.

Hours are flexible depending on your availability, but you will be required to work a minimum 20 hrs a week.

Shifts vary:

11.00am - 9.00 Mon - Fri

These can be split into

11.00 am - 5.00 pm
or
1.00 pm - 9.00 pm

----

Sat 10.00 - 6.00pm

Sun 11.00 - 5.00pm

You must work on at least one of the weekend days but apart from that, you can make up the rest of the 20 hours whichever way suits you best.

Contact Ben: 020 7630 6612 - 020 7630 6612 - 020 7630 6612

Agy

Contact details
Email: ben@telepower.co.uk
Phone: Ben 020 7630 6612

x!x Immediate starters needed x!x
x!x Start as soon as the weekend x!x
x!x Interviews available from today x!x

Customer Service Advisors – London – from £6.00

Would you like to do a job which is rewarding both financially and personally?

We are looking for well spoken, friendly and charismatic individuals for an exciting position, in a Call Centre, based in Central London EC1! This position will be working in a buzzing Call Centre, contacting people to raise some much needed awareness and funding for charities!

With a fantastic opportunity within our client’s Call Centre, you will be paid WEEKLY and be able to choose your shifts to fit around your lifestyle

The hours are really flexible! You set your shift two weeks in advance so they can change to suit your lifestyle!

MON-FRI – 1:30-5PM

MON-FRI - 5:30-9PM

SATURDAY- 10AM -1:30PM

SATURDAY- 2PM - 5:30PM

All we need is a commitment of at least 14 hours per week and a minimum of 3 months.

To be successful in this Call Centre based Customer Service role you will need to be EXCEPTIONALLY well spoken, possess LOADS of energy & enthusiasm, as well as display a genuine passion for many of the world’s leading charity organisations.

On top of all of this, you will be working with many other AMAZING people, as well as benefiting from some great perks, such as discounts on gym memberships and other great staff incentives.

So if you think you are the right person for this role then call us now or alternatively send us your CV along with your contact number.

We also have positions available in Kingston so let us know which Call Centre best suits you when applying.

Contact details
Email: callcentre@headwayrecruitment.com
Phone: Jassie or Chrissy on 0207-479-4328
Re: Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? by pafun(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2008
@femigirl
femigirl:

I even got a job myself few years back consulting at one estate agents through gumtree nice little earner.

A few years back unfortunately is not TODAY .The reality is a lot harsher and most estate agents are now claiming unemployment benefits . I wish her luck nevertheless.

PS : Please watch more of CNN News / BBC News instead of MTV

(1) (Reply)

Uyo (akwa Ibom) Anybody Know Nice Reasonable Hotel, With A/c? / Work And Live In Dubai / 10 Amazing Things Only Seen In Dubai-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.