Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness (7838 Views)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by twilliamx(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2023
ianann:
Do something for God to bless! if there there were no five loaf and two fishes, there wouldnt have been multiplication in the first place.
Interesting view
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by twilliamx(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us; we were not idle when we were with you, we did not eat anyone's bread without paying, but with toil and labour we worked night and day, that we might not burden any of you.
The bolded is the key message

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2023
Our work is part of our holiness to God. Anyone who does his or her work shabbily needs to rethink their salvation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by phemmyfour: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
After reading this part of the Bible, it becomes clear that fasting, prayer and faith without work leads to nothing. So as a Christian, as you pray and fast, also find something doing and the Lord would bless the work of your hands.

You would become a great Christian if you work and avoid idleness. If the work of your hands is blessed by God, you would be able to bless others and also serve as an example to imitate. This would propagate the Gospel and take it to a new height. So instead of whining and wasting time around, find something doing and I pray our father in heaven would bless the work of your hands.

This new week, all your heart desires would be fulfilled in the mighty name of Jesus. May God give you the strength to do your work right.

It shall be well with you and your family. You are blessed. Amen, Amen and Amen.
Idleness involves idle talk, gossipping etc.

Most Christian women are guilty of idle talk. They called it "gist" . They can profile anybody and anyone in the Church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by BJanta: 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
I came across a chapter in the Bible today and I decided to share it here. The following chapter and verse consists of Paul the Apostle's address or letter to Christians in Thessalonians, urging them to shun idleness and and busybodies and embrace hardwork. It goes thus:

2 Thessalonians 3 vs 6 - 17

Now, we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

Which Church are you attending that it's today you just discovered this. This is one of the fundamental doctrines of the pentecostal movement and the Bible that most other folds ignore. Especially the folds where all of them always end up being called to serve as 'Wolis'. .
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Azularis: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
Wonderful words of wisdom!
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
In a case of Voluntary Idleness and Gossiping,... These same people cannot survive abroad. There You must work. That's why the hate the JAPA group. There will be nobody left to gossip with them. SOME PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE NOT JUST NORMAL
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Forchi: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
Presently in need of a job or volunteering opportunities that are legit.
Qualification is only ssce,as I'm an undergraduate.
Email address: jenniferokafor974@gmail.com
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
seguno2:

Many thanks for sharing this edifying piece.

Does it apply to individuals only, or it is equally valid for groups

It is also valid for groups. Working in unity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
phemmyfour:
Idleness involves idle talk, gossipping etc.

Most Christian women are guilty of idle talk. They called it "gist" . They can profile anybody and anyone in the Church

Yeah

Busybodies. He talks about it too.
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
After reading this part of the Bible, it becomes clear that fasting, prayer and faith without work leads to nothing. So as a Christian, as you pray and fast, also find something doing and the Lord would bless the work of your hands.
You would become a great Christian if you work and avoid idleness.
If the work of your hands is blessed by God, you would be able to bless others and also serve as an example to imitate. This would propagate the Gospel and take it to a new height. So instead of whining and wasting time around, find something doing and I pray our father in heaven would bless the work of your hands.
■ This new week, all your heart desires would be fulfilled in the mighty name of Jesus. May God give you the strength to do your work right. It shall be well with you and your family. You are blessed. Amen, Amen and Amen.
As is a common tradition among you churchians, you quickly ignore Paul's actual message in order to assert instead your private opinion and view in its place. undecided

2. Paul was instead speaking to those whom he referred to as brothers and sisters, and if you follow what Jesus Christ Himself said, his brothers and sisters are those who do the Will of God — those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

3. The statement in bold makes no sense since God accepts the works of those who are holy and righteous in His sight. He disavows all of the works of those who are not approved Holy and righteous by Him. So, it isn't that you go around doing works left and right hoping that God accepts them. Rather it is that after first achieving holiness, you then embark on doing works on righteousness. What Paul is saying is that those who sit back on their laurels doing no work, even after reaching holiness, are against God. undecided

4. Stop lying! undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
xristos:
Why has Paul's idea/teachings become a yardstick for christian living beyond that of the disciples?
Because the words of Paul are easily twisted in order to deceive the gullible. It is hard for them to twist the eternal Words of Jesus Christ in the same way. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
Jokerman:
Some Christian brothers believe they shouldn't work because they are serving God; and their wives only should work. Little wonder you'd see a 30 year old married woman looking like 50, and their husband like 20 year olds
How are those people any different from deadbeat husbands that litter the whole place? undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
ianann:
Do something for God to bless! if there there were no five loaf and two fishes, there wouldnt have been multiplication in the first place.
God does not accept just any sacrifice as He is instead specific as far as the works that are acceptable to Him. So, only those who do works of righteousness as stipulated by God will receive His blessings. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
georgeakins:
■ And today's pastors are idle and lazy
They are all salary earners and business owners. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
gerrardomendes:
No full fool time ministry. Add some secular work or business to it.
Paul was in no way speaking of the doing of secular work. Rather, the works required of all who do the Will of God, those whom Jesus Christ called brothers and sisters, are works of righteousness. Not just any work will do. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
PurestBoy:
■ Paul worked harder than those disciples with Christ, some are even hypocrite who Paul criticized openly as a new convert. It's a matter of Grace and he himself said it many times as the least of all the apostles
There is absolutely no truth to any of what you claim here since the narrative from which you curled this view of yours from was one focused immensely on the person of paul and not on the lives of the original disciples. Also, speaking of issues, Paul also had his own as it is revealed in some of his letters. Let's not now or ever pretend we have always had them all figured out. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
Because it was also commended by other disciples.

and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. — 2 Peter 3:15-16
So, because one man commended another's particular view on an issue that is not even revealed, the one commended became a god to you lot? Shame no dey catch una at all? undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
Flier:
If you dont work now,your children will work later so not working is just like transferring the poverty to your unborn children
This has nothing to do with what Paul wrote or what is stated in scripture. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Truefaith:
Paul surely counselled against idleness.
But he warned many more times against the dangers of deception.
Everyone should pay utmost attention to these warnings.
Almost all the so-called men of God of our day fit perfectly into the Bible’s definition of ‘wolves in sheep clothing’.

Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
So, you ignore Jesus Christ's very own admonitions to focus on the words of Paul which you lot easily contort to suit your particular world views? Are you for real?
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by GreatAchiever1: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, because one man commended another's particular view on an issue that is not even revealed, the one commended became a god to you lot? Shame no dey catch una at all? undecided

I never see any true Christian that made a god out of the Apostle Paul, just like how in biblical times, the writings of Moses and the Prophets were divinely inspired but I don't think anyone made a god out of them. Mehn whatever that guy wrote that you didn't like must be hard on you because I can see that it's really eating you up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ I never see any true Christian that made a god out of the Apostle Paul, just like how in biblical times, the writings of Moses and the Prophets were divinely inspired but I don't think anyone made a god out of them. Mehn whatever that guy wrote that you didn't like must be hard on you because I can see that it's really eating you up.
When you place your twisted views of Paul's opinions above the Truth of God, you make a god out of him. Everyone knows that is what you churchians are particularly guilty of. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by GreatAchiever1: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When you place your twisted views of Paul's opinions above the Truth of God, you make a god out of him. Everyone knows that is what you churchians are particularly guilty of. undecided
True Christians don't place anyones words above anyone because they are all divinely inspired by God.

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
— 2 Timothy 3:16-17

1 Like

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
True Christians don't place anyones words above anyone because they are all divinely inspired by God.

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
— 2 Timothy 3:16-17
But what you are doing here is exactly what you Christians are known for which is placing your twisted reasonings of the opinions of Paul above the Word of God Himself. Dey there dey deceive yourself dey think say you dey deceive others. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by PurestBoy(m): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is absolutely no truth to any of what you claim here since the narrative from which you curled this view of yours from was one focused immensely on the person of paul and not on the lives of the original disciples. Also, speaking of issues, Paul also had his own as it is revealed in some of his letters. Let's not now or ever pretend we have always had them all figured out. undecided

So which of my statements is wrong? That Paul worked harder than the rest of apostle or where he opposed Peter openly in Galatian for not following the truth of the gospel? Was there anywhere he claimed he was a saint or never sinned?
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
PurestBoy:
So which of my statements is wrong? That Paul worked harder than the rest of apostle or where he opposed Peter openly in Galatian for not following the truth of the gospel?
Was there anywhere he claimed he was a saint or never sinned?
Both are wrong! That Paul castigated one of the disciples in his letter to the Galatians does not mean Paul himself was not guilty of a similar sin. undecided

2. So did the one he castigated equally claim to be a saint or something? undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by PurestBoy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
Flier:
If you dont work now,your children will work later so not working is just like transferring the poverty to your unborn children

My father works, made it and still working, we the children are working hard too and making a living. So what's the fuse here?
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by PurestBoy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

I never see any true Christian that made a god out of the Apostle Paul, just like how in biblical times, the writings of Moses and the Prophets were divinely inspired but I don't think anyone made a god out of them. Mehn whatever that guy wrote that you didn't like must be hard on you because I can see that it's really eating you up.
Apostle Paul na my main guy, I read his letters more than any other books in the Bible. His last letter which is 2nd Timothy is a big time manual. He worked so hard and even confidently said he had finished his work. See the letter about the slave guy that stole from his masters and ran away, he sent him back to his master, knowing that he could be killed but he had faith that nothing of such would happen. I don't know why anyone who hate Paul

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As is a common tradition among you churchians, you quickly ignore Paul's actual message in order to assert instead your private opinion and view in its place. undecided

2. Paul was instead speaking to those whom he referred to as brothers and sisters, and if you follow what Jesus Christ Himself said, his brothers and sisters are those who do the Will of God — those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

3. The statement in bold makes no sense since God accepts the works of those who are holy and righteous in His sight. He disavows all of the works of those who are not approved Holy and righteous by Him. So, it isn't that you go around doing works left and right hoping that God accepts them. Rather it is that after first achieving holiness, you then embark on doing works on righteousness. What Paul is saying is that those who sit back on their laurels doing no work, even after reaching holiness, are against God. undecided

4. Stop lying! undecided

For number 3, we are actually on the same page.
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2023
Meedon:
■ For number 3, we are actually on the same page.
But we are not since righteousness has nothing to do with taking the Gospel to new heights and all else you said there. undecided

Also, righteousness has absolutely nothing to do with having or keeping a day job as Jesus Christ made it clear that those who belong to Him are to no longer work for food that perishes - John 6 vs 25 - 35 undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But we are not since righteousness has nothing to do with taking the Gospel to new heights and all else you said there. undecided

Also, righteousness has absolutely nothing to do with having or keeping a day job as Jesus Christ made it clear that those who belong to Him are to no longer work for food that perishes - John 6 vs 25 - 35 undecided
Ehnn them no longer work for food, Wetin them go chop.
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2023
Meedon:
Ehnn them no longer work for food, Wetin them go chop.
Jesus Christ told you that God is more than able to feed, cloth, and provide for your needs if you will submit to and obey Him. undecided
25 “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29 But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30 If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31 “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32 That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33 What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34 So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries. - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plaetton's Pantheism / What Is Apostle Suleman's Benz GL 450 Doing In Daniel Okeke's House, Lol / The Power Of Virginity Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.