Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni (13091 Views)

Mohbad: The Police Must Get Involved Now By Olawale Olaleye / Mr Macaroni Poses With His NYSC Certificate As He Passes Out / Kays Jewelers: Yung6ix Arrested In US, Suffers Racial Profiling, To Sue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by DesChyko: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2023
Famous Nigerian content creator and activist, Adebowale Debo Adedayo, better known as Mr Macaroni, has reacted to the response of the Nigeria Police spokesperson, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi over the use of an expensive phone by a female officer.

Recall that Adejobi had on Friday, shared a photo of a female officer and the secretary to the Inspector General of Police IGP, DSP David Victoria, on his official X.

Commenting on the controversial post, some Nigerians on social media, who were quick to notice the cost of a Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 phone the officer was holding, with an expensive watch,
pointed that she shouldn’t be able to afford the phone with her salary as a police woman.

Quoting Adejobi post, an X user @Akintomide wrote: “A civil servant (DSP) with a phone worth close to a million. lol. Ire o.”

Responding to him, Adejobi threatened the X user to withdraw his statement. He noted that police officers are not paupers.

“Police officers are not paupers. Withdraw your statement. It’s ridiculous to us to say a DSP can’t use Samsung fold 2. You need to reason straight and be objective. Do you know what it is to be a DSP?” He wrote.

Reacting to Adejobi’s comment, Mr Macaroni stated the need for the Nigeria police to also withdraw every statement they have made profiling Nigerian youths when they see expensive items.

“So Nigerian Police don’t like profiling?
My dear, you will like this profiling ooo.
You will like oppression. In fact you will love extortion.

“You will also romance intimidation and harassment because that is what you give to Nigerian youths everyday.

Nigerian Youths are not paupers! Over 95% of the Nigerian Police will need to withdraw their statements and profiling of Nigerian youths that we have been made to suffer since all these years.

“It’s ridiculous to us to say a Nigerian youth can’t use a nice phone or dress nice or use a nice car. You and your officers need to reason straight and be objective. Do you know what it is to be a Nigerian Youth?” , he queried.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/01/police-must-stop-profiling-of-nigerian-youths-mr-macaroni-replies-force-pro-adejobi/

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by VOsimhen144(m): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Make no police officers provoke Nigerian youths this period becus we dey vex.
Any police officer wey provoke us, we go jst kill and chop am.
We the youths are angry and hungry

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by seeker121(m): 8:51am On Oct 01, 2023
So they can't take what they give us.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by princeade86(m): 8:51am On Oct 01, 2023
Abi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by oluwasegun007(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
The matter tire me sef....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by wonder233: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
I think the issue is about fixing the larger society. This cycle of corrupt police trying to extort youths because of the prevalence of cybercrime will greatly reduce if we have a society that works.
But unfortunately, in Nigeria, tribal divisions won't allow us to have a society that works.
So the vicious cycle continues

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by Nairalander248: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
Everyone dey vex

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by kennyz247(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
Useless parastata in Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by dangotesmummy: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
Smh
Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by tydi(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
When ronu starts beating the drum of war.. what should we do.. Go back to sleep.

Happy new month y'all

11 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by Jennyclay(f): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
VOsimhen144:
Make no police officers provoke Nigerian youths this period becus we dey vex.
Any police officer wey provoke us, we go jst kill and chop am.
We the youths are angry and hungry
just Kindly tell us you’re a carnivorous human being and we’ll understand undecided

Cannibals everywhere!!
Shior!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by simongonner: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
They need fresh, sound , modern ,educated men in the police force

7 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by atiku4President(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
Supported

1 Like

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by ogododo: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2023
DesChyko:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/01/police-must-stop-profiling-of-nigerian-youths-mr-macaroni-replies-force-pro-adejobi/
Police DSP fit use N1m Samsung 2fold, but young men working in corporate not fit hold big phones, police go dey stop dem for roads.

22 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by specialmati(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin Federal government should call their branch thieves to order

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by FashionCookie(f): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2023
My friend will say..."if you like pay police 500k a month, a policeman will not stop collecting bribe."

35 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by datola: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2023
I think Mr Adejobi should have told us how much is salary of a DSP

19 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by CondemnBattery(f): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2023
The man (police) is high on some cheap plantain leaf.

I've seen boys on the street been harrassed just for having iPhones. How much is an iPhone that the Nigerian youth cannot afford? Huh.

A police officer using a Samsung phone worth over 850k and a designer watch of almost same amount.

Please someone should tell me how much a level 15 civil servant earn again.

This country law enforcement agencies are jokers.

That was how one saw me driving and stopped me, only to be asking me if I'm the owner of the vehicle.

Oga I work 7days a week, and if not for the useless policies of the government, every hard working Nigerian youth should be able to live a decent life.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by ATEAMS: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Indeed
Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by fawalej(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2023
This response sweet my belle..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by bamac(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2023
Police in this country... They will sha look for something to catch you. That's why most of them use expensive stuff as the source of extra revenue is questionable.

I was on delivery with my Tricycle rider 4 days ago, we were stopped and they asked for documents, it was provided complete. Then they asked where is rider's permit (which they know there is nothing like that over here) all because we can't give them #100 like others. Even a FRSC Marshall confirmed there is nothing like driver's license for tricycle but the officers want to extort us. Another police that understands how it is on street even confirmed to his colleagues that nothing like such for tricycle.

They took us to MTD section of the station where those ones brought out a driver's license that expired in 2010 as sample.

To cut story short, these people asked us to pay 10,000 or we go to court. But as I couldn't afford the time wasting, I had to give them 2,000. Meanwhile after giving the 2k the officer with our documents already left office, the next day, the officer we paid to said we should come back by 4pm that day... Up till now we have not gotten our papers back.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by money121(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by mejetov422: 8:57am On Oct 01, 2023
The police can drag but they don't want them to be dragged..

But on a serious note, how much is their salary for him to afford such device

12 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by mariovito(m): 8:57am On Oct 01, 2023
Funny to see the police lamenting because they have been profiled.

Unfortunately, profiling is something that will never cease. It's a fundamental in policing world over, even though it's has its demerits as it prejudices the subject.

However, it has proven useful in stopping crime.

What the police needs to stop is the intentional harassment and extortion of youths.

8 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by 1gbdata: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2023
Macaroni too get sense jare..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by TANID(m): 9:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Well
Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by Shinjawestern: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Stupid police....

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest..

6 Likes

Re: Police Must Stop Profiling Of Nigerian Youths – Mr Macaroni by naijapips04: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2023
The saddest part of all of these is seeing youths defend this brazen corruption in the name of politics. Because it is your party and tribe in power, suddenly corruption has disappeared. Okay genius.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MajelaZeZeDiamond Accuses Dbanj Of Stealing Her Idea / OMG! See Bobrisky's Real Face / Cossy Orjiakor And Her Mum: Who Is Older? (SEE PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.