Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport (15705 Views)

Soludo Renames Anambra International Airport After Chinua Achebe / Car Rally To Airport To Welcome Peter Obi To Port Harcourt (Pix) / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Passionate888: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
yarimo:
Hahahaha so peter Grigori obi didn't worth it
Tinubu get any? You don see any living Nigerian wey get airport or federal or state university named after him/her?

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by tishbite42: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
Long overdue
Father of Modern African Literature
Things Fall Apart
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by stuffs2002: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
Chinua Achebe the hateful and envious

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by tishbite42: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm.
I actually thought it was named after HE Obaino, his predecessor, who toiled very hard to bring this his legacy project to fruition.

Except if Late Prof Achebe is from same place as Obaino, this doesn't look fair politically correct especially among the kinsmen of Obaino who, for political and strategic reasons, located the airport in his own constituency.

I will not be surprised if this new name doesn't stand and may be changed later.

Soludo should build a legacy project and name it after late Prof. This one should be used to honor Obaino. He seems to be focusing on less important priorities like renaming.

Build great legacy project and name it after Achebe, simple. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Happy Independence Day!
Jealousy
Name the Lekki Airport after Wole Soyinka when it is completed
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by slivertongue: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Chimamanda doesn't think so. She prefers the agbado Nobel Laureate cheesy

Soyinka is from Ogun State
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by tctrills: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm.
I actually thought it was named after HE Obaino, his predecessor, who toiled very hard to bring this his legacy project to fruition.

Except if Late Prof Achebe is from same place as Obaino, this doesn't look fair politically correct especially among the kinsmen of Obaino who, for political and strategic reasons, located the airport in his own constituency.

I will not be surprised if this new name doesn't stand and may be changed later.
Soludo should build a legacy project and name it after late Prof. This one should be used to honor Obaino. He seems to be focusing on less important priorities like renaming.

Build great legacy project and name it after Achebe, simple. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Happy Independence Day!
It's stupid and unethical to name projects after politicians who built them. This is not USSR where Stanlin had his name on everything.
It's always better to name projects after nonpolitical achievers.
The kinsmen of Obiano are not complaining.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
slivertongue:
The biggest name till date from Anambra State.
Would it have made sense to build a vast network of libraries to reach all the people and then name it after the man who was after all an Author and literary mind? undecided
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Bands: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm.

Except if Late Prof Achebe is from same place as Obaino, this doesn't look fair and politically correct especially among the kinsmen of Obaino who, for political and strategic reasons, located the airport in his own constituency.

Happy Independence Day to my fellow patriotic Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria! God bless Nigeria for ever!
every time free stuff I have send u email you no reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by FreeStuffsNG: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
tishbite42:

Jealousy
Name the Lekki Airport after Wole Soyinka when it is completed
Smh. The Nobel Laureate , Kongi, Erudite Prof Soyinka, is from Ogun state and no Ogun state Governor will go about cancelling his predecessor in this manner to please Kongi. He will not accept it
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by stuffs2002: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bobby4090:
Nice one but I think Anambra mis named their two establishments.
The Airport should have been name after Ojukwu whose father was even a major industrialist while the State University at Uli that was named after Ojukwu would have been best named after Achebe who is a world class Acedemic.
I wish they could swap the names.

Lol at IPOB calling Chinua Achebe world class.

The world class thing about Achebe was his envy and hatred for those who are better than him

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by rinzaugustine: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Passionate888:
Tinubu get any? You don see any living Nigerian wey get airport or federal or state university named after him/her?
mandate thief name na curse nobody wants to be associated with.. is tinubu even his real name ?
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by SmartPolician: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good one.

We should also recognise our actors, philanthropists, doctors, scientists, reputable lawyers and name them after projects.

Politicians mustn't always be named after projects.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by tishbite42: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. The Nobel Laureate , Kongi, Erudite Prof Soyinka, is from Ogun state and no Ogun state Governor will go about cancelling his predecessor in this manner to please Kongi. He will not accept it
No be only Kongi, na konji
Former head of FRSC would refuse an airport to be named after him?!
Shey you dey whine me?!
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by thatigboman: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
Sorry to digress. Europe has won the Ryder Cup. Ryder Cup a competition between Europe and USA. And Europe just won it.
Cynthia Innoson Nwadiora aka CeeC will win BBNaija allstars at 7pm. My joy this weekend is complete.
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by rinzaugustine: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
Chinua Achebe won every international award in literature while Wole Soyinka apart from forming cultism has reduced himself to local man who begged Babangida for FRSC contracts in the 80s and now the unofficial spokesperson of Apc
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by fatboyslym007: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kestolove:
Wole soyinka is bigger than achebe ND that lesbian call adichie

Why say this? Why bring up unnecessary comparison. I'm Yoruba, I adore Wole Soyinka, I respect Achebe and I missed my chance to marry Adichie🤪🤪🤪.
These are great Nigerians and I am happy when they are recognized....

So please bro, we should be better than this...

1 Like

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by tollyboy5(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm.

Except if Late Prof Achebe is from same place as Obaino, this doesn't look fair and politically correct especially among the kinsmen of Obaino who, for political and strategic reasons, located the airport in his own constituency.

Happy Independence Day to my fellow patriotic Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria! God bless Nigeria for ever!
Does the airport belong to the obiano or it belongs to anambra people?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by fatboyslym007: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Chinua Achebe won every international award in literature while Wole Soyinka apart from forming cultism has reduced himself to unofficial spokesperson of Apc

Do you read? Did you finish school? Are you familiar with the word Google?
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by slivertongue: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Would it have made sense to build a vast network of libraries to reach all the people and then name it after the man who was after all an Author and literary mind? undecided

I feel same too. a university, library, secondary school would also do
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by tyinfinity: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
Soyinka the father of Achebe and all other ipob terrorist as far as literature is concerned.i know that if Soyinka had lectured the mediocre Achebe in Literature,Achebe would had been celebrated internationally even though he might not had won the prestigious award
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by FashionCookie(f): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
Soludo go hear am.
A great writer...
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Oc0776(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kestolove:
Wole soyinka is bigger than achebe ND that lesbian call adichie
soyinkas books are boring and abstract compared to theirs
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by rinzaugustine: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
fatboyslym007:

Do you read? Did you finish school? Are you familiar with the word Google?
small boy go and ask the ashawo that birthed you that question
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good one.. well deserved! Chinua Achebe Airport
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by BabaRamota1980: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ashebe, the master plagiarist

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
slivertongue:
â–  I feel same too. a university, library, secondary school would also do
Not another university abeg! A library would reach the commoners and also help engage the community at levels that an airport and a university can never. State money should be focused on ideas that reach everyone, not merely some people. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by NaijaCover(m): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by CoolAmbience(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm.

Often times, I wonder how Soludo thinks.

The man matter don taya me sef.

He just keeps demonstrating his ingratitude to Obiano for all that he did for him.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by slivertongue: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Not another university abeg! A library would reach the commoners and also help engage the community at levels that an airport and a university can never. State money should be focused on ideas that reach everyone, not merely some people. undecided

I didn't say build another University. I only mentioned appropriate places, by the way he was a university don
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by 43Ronin: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2023
stuffs2002:

Lol at IPOB calling Chinua Achebe world class.

The world class thing about Achebe was his envy and hatred for those who are better than him
you are nothing, your name, family name and ancestral name will remain nothing and you will elapse like a weed that's blown away by. breeze. But China achebe name will forever remain and even your children will read about him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Release Abubakar Sadiq Wrongly Arrested As One Of 100 Wanted Terrorists(pic / Ondo Cancels June 12 Democracy Day Celebration Over Owo Massacre / Boko Haram Kills 27 In Fresh Monguno Bombing - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.