Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport (15683 Views)

Soludo Renames Anambra International Airport After Chinua Achebe / Car Rally To Airport To Welcome Peter Obi To Port Harcourt (Pix) / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by nairalandkachy1: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
Anambra State Governor Soludo Renames Anambra International Passenger and Cargo Airport to Chinua Achebe International Passenger and Cargo Airport.

By Uche Nworah, Ph.D

Anambra state Governor, Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo has renamed the Anambra International Passenger and Cargo Airport to Chinua Achebe International Passenger and Cargo Airport. This was contained in a viral WhatsApp message from Governor Soludo’s New Media Aide, Mazi Ejimofor.

The renaming of the airport which was built in the later stages of the administration of the immediate past Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, and remains one of the biggest legacies of his administration had pitched supporters of the two governors against one another.

Professor Soludo had hinted that the state planned to rename the Anambra International Covention Centre, Awka, another Obiano legacy after Governor Obiano. While speaking at the Anambra Investment Summit held in September 2023, Governor Soludo said that he was yet to discuss the proposed name change with his predecessor.

Those privy to conversations which ensued between Governor Soludo and Governor Obiano following this public announcement said that Governor Obiano declined the offer to rename the convention center after him. Many have argued that renaming the airport after him would have been more appropriate.

Ogidi, Anambra state-born Late Professor Chinua Achebe is one of Anambra’s prominent sons and wrote the book Things Fall Apart which has been translated into so many languages.

https://fb.watch/nph0UGKw0h/

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by slivertongue: 3:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
The biggest name till date from Anambra State.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by FreeStuffsNG: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://fb.watch/nph0UGKw0h/

Hmmm.
I actually thought it was named after HE Obaino, his predecessor, who toiled very hard to bring this his legacy project to fruition.

Except if Late Prof Achebe is from same place as Obaino, this doesn't look fair and politically correct especially among the kinsmen of Obaino who, for political and strategic reasons, located the airport in his own constituency.

I will not be surprised if this new name doesn't stand and may be changed later.

Soludo should build a legacy project and name it after late Prof. This one should be used to honor Obaino. He seems to be focusing on less important priorities like renaming.

Build great legacy project and name it after Achebe, simple. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Happy Independence Day to my fellow patriotic Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria! God bless Nigeria for ever!

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Moony45: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
Misplaced priorities

11 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by vickertony(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by crossfm: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good one.

Chinua Achebe is a legend and deserves the recognition.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Sirheny007(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
NwaAmaikpe come and see o!
Your mentor has been immortalized..

More is coming.
Chinualumogu Albert Achebe may be dead, but he shall never die.
Eons from now, his name will be writ large.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by usecondom(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Searchingvictor: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Bobby4090: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nice one but I think Anambra mis named their two establishments.
The Airport should have been name after Ojukwu whose father was even a major industrialist while the State University at Uli that was named after Ojukwu would have been best named after Achebe who is a world class Acedemic.
I wish they could swap the names.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by drizslim(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
good one. Been a Long time coming
Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by deji17: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hehehe
Chihuahua Achebe Airport.. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Bethel4Life(f): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Very nice decision I must say

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Charliewyt: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Well deserved

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by SpatialKing(m): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good one

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by PrinceOfLagos: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Nazgul: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Very good of him. Not like Dave umahi who went and named Ebonyi state airport after Buhari.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by yarimo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hahahaha so peter Grigori obi didn't worth it

30 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Charliewyt: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Moony45:
Misplaced priorities
How is that your business?

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Passionate888: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nice

yarimo:
Tinubu get any? You don see any living Nigerian wey get airport or federal or state university named after him/her?

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by raskymonojendor: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
yarimo:
I prefer Simon Ekpa tongue

slivertongue:
The biggest name till date from Anambra State.
Chimamanda doesn't think so. She prefers the agbado Nobel Laureate cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Couldntfigurean: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Soludo will turn out to be the worse Governor in the history of Anambra

Always talking,no action

8 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Kestolove(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Wole soyinka is bigger than achebe ND that lesbian call adichie

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by GanagiBitrus: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023

When will situation in Nigeria change from...
Things Fall Apart
To
Things Fall In-Place.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Exceed15: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good step in right direction.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by Meedon: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good one.

I love Authors.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by IyaTola: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
We are dumb in this country, every state governor wants to have an airport, what happens to train, I mean Lagos to Anambra, Anambra to Kano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kudoz to Soludo.

Achebe is a legend.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by stasius: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Our sweet governor.
Weldone boss.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport by AmazingELixir: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
undecided

I hope he got the permission of Wille Obiano before effecting that change....that project is Willie's legacy investment ooh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi Emerges Chairman South-East Governors Forum (photos) / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke / Fuel Hits N685/litre In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.