Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction (48710 Views)

BUA Crashes The Price Of Cement To 3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction {se / Dangote Cement To Pay Over ₦97 Billion In Corporate Tax For 2020 Financial Year / Dangote Invests N63bn In Transit Support Services, Buys 3,500 Trucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by JagabanB: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
maxlev1:

I don't want to call you an illiterate but it baffles me when any Nigerian cannot simply distinguish between ethnic groups and states where each group predominantly belong to. It is quite shameful mixing tribes and states up. Apart from your simple lack of knowledge on regards to states and tribes, I doubt if you have moved around the country before because simple exposure would have stopped you from calling every one from the south Igbo or Yoruba. For your information the CEO of UBA, Tony Elumelu and that of Zenith bank, Jim Ovia are both from Delta state which is located in south south. That is not an Igbo state with due respect sir. Pls stop making these errors.
You ended typing garbage based on your emotions as usual, if we bring out our travel credentials, u will realize I will beat u to the mud.
If we talk about literacy, there's is a high tendency that in am more literate than everyone in your family.
I don't know their state of origin until someone told me their state of origin something I made clear in my comment.
I simply assumed they are lgb0s from SE until someone told me they are not.
This is something I said, but petty emotions and ignorance will make most of u think u are intelligent with ur primitive mindset.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by creativehubb: 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Keep living on illustrations u listed those Companies as if igbos are not into one of two
On average igbos are more 9f business than any other thing. An average igbo nna is business minded, not office work, or almajiri work
You people are at the bottom of the food chain, regionally too south south and southwest benefits Nigeria more than southeast, how many Nigerians go to southeast?
How many Nigerians go to southeast for greener pastures?
In terms of IGR southeast is not among top states.
In terms of resources contribution to Nigeria South South is number one, and Lagos is the commercial nerve. One man business benefit your pocket, we are talking about people that makes the nation thick. South east na mouth, audio billionaires just to buy Benz show off.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by emmanuelbrown26: 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
JagabanB:

Should I mention Rano, Shafa etal
There's no village you will go to without seeing a Hausa-Fulani man doing business.
I guess that counts as nationwide business.
Sometimes u don't have a point then no need to argue
So what's d argument now?
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by JagabanB: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

I say it a where the masses mentality is crazy with this entitlement shit ... I was watching Elon musk being interviewed months back he said he looked for a job and couldn't see then he decided he would create 9ne then ... what majority of our own youth don't like to do ... start small ... Nigeria needs more individuals to do well with businesses... see everywhere now na bar and hotels people are investing on in Lagos... still people eldey enter like water .. I was a small manufacturing plant will do na ... this is very rampant in china ... any small place na factory but here na pleasure joints ooo
Raise this point somewhere and they will all tell u investing in Nigeria is not conducive.
They are waiting for góvèrñment to build factories everywhere.
The avèràge Nîgèrîan need a good reawakening but we are so unfortunate to be in a country where everyone thinks he is so intelligent and enlightened but lack basic enlightenment.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by emmanuelbrown26: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

You people are at the bottom of the food chain, regionally too south south and southwest benefits Nigeria more than southeast, how many Nigerians go to southeast?
In terms of resources contribution to Nigeria South South is number one, and Lagos is the commercial nerve. One man business benefit your pocket, we are talking about people that makes the nation thick. South east na mouth, audio billionaires just to buy Benz show off.
Here's is d real deal

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by emmanuelbrown26: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

Tell me a southern tribe that is I to almajiri if not Yorubas
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by creativehubb: 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
JagabanB:

You ended typing garbage based on your emotions as usual, if we bring out our travel credentials, u will realize I will beat u to the mud.
If we talk about literacy, there's is a high tendency that in am more literate than everyone in your family.
I don't know their state of origin until someone told me their state of origin something I made clear in my comment.
I simply assumed they are lgb0s from SE until someone told me they are not.
This is something I said, but petty emotions and ignorance will make most of u think u are intelligent with ur primitive mindset.
You people like lying and claiming nonsense, because people don't argue with you most times do not mean you are right... everytime we are the richest bla bla bla...but top twenty Nigerian industries, none are owned by southeasterners, top 20 wealthiest Nigerian families none is southeastern, top regions that contribute to Nigerian economy are south south and southwest. Kings don't make noise or need validation, that's for people with inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by creativehubb: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Here's is d real deal
You people are at the bottom of the food chain, under dogs always bark more.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by emmanuelbrown26: 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

You people are at the bottom of the food chain, under dogs always bark more.
OK I hear u

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by maasoap(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
There's no monopoly in cement production in Nigeria.

If you say Dangote produce most of the cement in Nigeria , I would have agree with you. There's three major cement producer in Nigeria and as you can see, Bua is strategizing to take over the top spot from Dangote.

Let's see how Dangote and Lafarge will respond to this.

Damn! And I just bought 80 bags at 5200 per bag.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by creativehubb: 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

OK I hear u
Be humble.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by emmanuelbrown26: 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

Be humble.
OK. After begging finish

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Fearyourcreator: 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
JagabanB:

Raise this point somewhere and they will all tell u investing in Nigeria is not conducive.
They are waiting for góvèrñment to build factories everywhere.
The avèràge Nîgèrîan need a good reawakening but we are so unfortunate to be in a country where everyone thinks he is so intelligent and enlightened but lack basic enlightenment.
It's that basic thing ... I have employed lots of graduate spanning over 18 years now ... mehn ... many don't give good results at work .. on talk talk ... they don't perform well ... many can't solve problems ... I have friends working in the ministry too cus I visit there often .. many people there hates to work ... always coming late .... private organization are the economy ooo... but here we rely on government for everything... asin everything... we always want it cheap ... and we hate to be paid cheap .. mehn... it really tiring ... see this tax issue now.... high earners pay a lot in the west ... here them no go wan pay am .. a lot brother... person In Yankee will pay a lot to pump car tire but come here and give his fellow black meagre some and look at him like Wetin he wan use the money do... people are crazy and lazy in this country ooo.... if you an employer you will understand...
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by creativehubb: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

OK. After begging finish
Who are the internal refugees grin
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Elxandre(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
You lots are moronš.
Any small thing tribe rubbish. Are you people insane?
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by zomoears(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

The big boys swallow the small ones, just like Google swallowing up all tech solutions, it's same, the weak fold up.

1. My response above was to someone who suggested that the Igbos were not licensed or frustrated out of cement manufacturing. Other bigger players were affected too.
2. BUA took a major hit back then, and this current price reduction tactics is straight out of Dangote’s playbook. At N3500 he is making mad profit already. He must have access to some really cheap finance to want to engage in this war.

1 Like

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by emmanuelbrown26: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

Who are the internal refugees grin
Yorubas that are in Benin Republic
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Boldideas: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
TruthsFM:
Good one from BUA cement company. Nigerians will now patronise BUA cement than dangote cement company

I already predicted what will happen once he drops his price to N3,500 per bag. Dangote will drop his to N3,000 per bag. And he drop his to N2,800... And he dropped his to N2,500 per bag. Dangotse will maintain his N2,800 per bag.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by TruthsFM: 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Boldideas:

I already predicted what will happen once he drops his price to N3,500 per bag. Dangote will drop his to N3,000 per bag. And he drop his to N2,800... And he dropped his to N2,500 per bag. Dangotse will maintain his N2,800 per bag.
toor 🥸🥸🥸

1 Like

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by pocom16: 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
ottersberger:

You obviously are unable to make yourself heard on a public forum without putting your poor parental upbringing on display. This is obviously not Tinubu's fault, even if he probably also lacked proper upbringing himself.

You need to get a life Son ...all your comment are always without cognitive reasoning..
Unnecessary hatred and bigotry will rot your brain real soon..

It's funny how, People will choose to play dumb even in clear cases only to satisfy their hatred and foolishness..

You could have just keep scrolling if you really weren't happy about BUA... than to dig up rubbish to back your self inflicted headache..

The last license for cement import was issued during Obasanjo tenure .. it only takes on Google search to confirm and Nigeria will not go down that route again to import ..

Aside the new lines coming from BUA.. there is a new cement plant under construction in Kogi plus a planned site for a new cement in Ogun by Dangote.. the big players will continue to build plants to meet demands..

If you are pained ..produce 30bn and approach the govt for approval to build your own plant..
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by JagabanB: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

It's that basic thing ... I have employed lots of graduate spanning over 18 years now ... mehn ... many don't give good results at work .. on talk talk ... they don't perform well ... many can't solve problems ... I have friends working in the ministry too cus I visit there often .. many people there hates to work ... always coming late .... private organization are the economy ooo... but here we rely on government for everything... asin everything... we always want it cheap ... and we hate to be paid cheap .. mehn... it really tiring ... see this tax issue now.... high earners pay a lot in the west ... here them no go wan pay am .. a lot brother... person In Yankee will pay a lot to pump car tire but come here and give his fellow black meagre some and look at him like Wetin he wan use the money do... people are crazy and lazy in this country ooo.... if you an employer you will understand...
No better way to describe Nigèria.
Everyone wants it large but they don't want to work.
The most convenient way is to blame góvèrñment.
If Nîgeriàns invest in this society, we won't suffer like we are suffering now.
When u see countries making it big, private sector does it the most economically.
I was reading a book on entrepreneurship just few hours ago, it clearly stated that góvèrñment can't start and run a business.
This is not a Nigerian book.
But in Nigeria, we want góvèrñment to run agriculture, run industries and employ everybody, it's not feasible but when u say it.
They will crucify u because u supported a particular that happens to be in government.
I have been saying this since the time of GEJ whom I never supported.
But in Nigeria, we think everything is about politics.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by JagabanB: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
creativehubb:

You people like lying and claiming nonsense, because people don't argue with you most times do not mean you are right... everytime we are the richest bla bla bla...but top twenty Nigerian industries, none are owned by southeasterners, top 20 wealthiest Nigerian families none is southeastern, top regions that contribute to Nigerian economy are south south and southwest. Kings don't make noise or need validation, that's for people with inferiority complex.
I am not an lgb0.
I haven't made a comment defending an lgb0, I don't know where ur replies are coming.
My comments are actually more against the lgb0s than for them.
Do well to read through my comments again.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by pocom16: 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
Poleski:
Dangote is a crooked monopoly shark. He will never reduce the price of his overpriced cement. He would rather increase it.

If you think his new refinery will reduce fuel prices when it starts production, think again.

Lol..but it never promised..it only promised end of importation and scarcity..
If government doesn't pay him subsidy..he will sell at international rate..
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by JagabanB: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

So what's d argument now?
U started with the mentions.
So u started without a clear plan on what u want to correct?
LOL.
Problems we face on the internet these days, someone just gives u a mention without knowing why they are doing that.
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by MamaletASO: 12:01am On Oct 02, 2023
Good one BUA..

Though, we need FG to give licence to more Nigerians to break the monopoly in cement business...

BUA Cement I will always patronize

Emefiele speaking

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Allisgud: 12:02am On Oct 02, 2023
Thing is ,it's had to get that bua cement,dangote have taken over every corner
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Fearyourcreator: 12:21am On Oct 02, 2023
JagabanB:

When u see countries making it big, private sector does it the most economically.
I was reading a book on entrepreneurship just few hours ago, it clearly stated that góvèrñment can't start and run a business.
But in Nigeria, we want góvèrñment to run agriculture, run industries and employ everybody, it's not feasible but when u say it.
They will crucify u because u supported a particular that happens to be in government.
See silicon valley... I even see here people saying government supports Dangote .. I was like do you expect them to fight some that employs a lot in their economy.... it's normal for government to wave tax for heavy employer in the economy na .. just to encourage them .. that's why most of this country if you want to travel just come in as an investor it's always very easy with this visa thing who wants a liability... we have a long way to go ... asin very long way ... the most annoying part is those that calls themselves learned ... they can argue to win giving excuses government this and that ... I laugh when I meet them most times... many don't even know what they are saying.... I was even doing figures with some on my Whatsapp on how much should run our economy from government annual budget... at least our federal annual budget shouldn't be less than $700b , states like Lagos ,Kano , kaduna , portharcourt,ogun should not have less than $30b annual budget... especially that Lagos shouldn't be less than $50b ... but to generate these money everybody those In government and masses should stop corruption and pay tax , also the government needs harness our resources to the max... We should all encourage hardwork not all this show offs of soft work that doesn't exist ... I was talking about the educational chain in this country ... I was analyzing that majority are not supposed to die to have bsc ... there are other endeavors people can go into and still be fine .. but na lie ... cus I don't know how many accounts you can have in a company to the ratio of accounts that will graduate in that community yearly .. to many people for top jobs... it's not like that in Japan where we have low employment rate ..
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Fearyourcreator: 12:30am On Oct 02, 2023
JagabanB:

All these fortune 500 companies are all individual brilliance... and again most people here don't take company public on time ... they just want it to be only them killing the potential of the business... a lot my brother .. I sw some hear too talking about changing Nigeria to producing state that Obi will generate 60000MW In four years ... that day it was as if I should slap his some of his tooth out... I was like the biggest hydro electric dam In the world is in china and can not drive up to 30000mw I was like Nigeria will build two withing four years ... I was some of you just think you will just lay bricks and starts building just like that ... ... these things takes years with a lot of funds .. but Nigerians want everything now now ... with seriousness we can achieve from 20KMW in 8years imo... right now Nigeria needs everyone for Nigeria to grow for us all to enjoy ... else e go hard ooo
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by Morphinne: 12:48am On Oct 02, 2023
Dontcry09985:

Monopoly.

I thank God for his life ho he is currently selling in lybia
You definitely don’t even know what monopoly means to start with grin
You would be surprised I know this but don’t be. You mentioning that Ibeto cement and monopoly in the same sentence gave you out as chief purveyor of beer parlor gist who doesn’t even know what the term “monopoly” means in business.
My friend, if cement is monopolized in Nigeria, only one group would be given the exclusive right to manufacture and distribute them and as such, there would be nothing like BUA, Dangote and Ibeto, Lafarge and about 3 or more others.
Who even started this monopoly nonsense sef? grin grin
Una go just dey yarn dust with so much confidence 😂
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by KingRabota: 1:50am On Oct 02, 2023
Kestolove:
Dangote is a tifBarrawo

Better
Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by KingRabota: 2:07am On Oct 02, 2023
Words of wisdom etched in gold

zomoears:

Negative competition happened to Ibeto.

Unethical practices by Dangote happened.

He suffocated all players; Lafarge,Unicem, Ashaka, Ibeto, BUA etc by crashing prices till it was no longer profitable for them to stay afloat. They all started having problems servicing their credit lines,and cut back on production or closed completely.

When they all fizzled out, Dangote took over the market.

Don’t make it sound like Ibeto was d only victim.

Re: BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction by MasterTee007: 3:03am On Oct 02, 2023
An average Nigerian dont know shit...they just speak. BUA is in Sokoto and Edo...the shareholders include Yoruba and Igbos...yet they will be saying nonsense as if we care what ethnic group Facebook or Twitter X comes from.

Ikaeniyan0:
There's no monopoly in cement production in Nigeria.

If you say Dangote produce most of the cement in Nigeria , I would have agree with you. There's three major cement producer in Nigeria and as you can see, Bua is strategizing to take over the top spot from Dangote.

Let's see how Dangote and Lafarge will respond to this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Woman That Built 4 Bedroom Flat From Roasted Corn Business / Bus Conductor Refused To Collect New Naira Note From Passenger (Video) / Femi Otedola Dumps His Nokia Phones For IPhone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.