Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos (23446 Views)

Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) / Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos / See The Beautiful Independence Photos That Caught The Internet Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by Swiftgrp: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Name or link to the book, sir? Where do I download books about precolonial Igbos or Africans? Thank you
The book he wrote is entitled "Among the Ibos of Southern Nigeria" by Reverend George T. Basden who lived and worked as a reknowned missionary in Onitsha.

1] Go to Google Books weblink and put the book title in a search box, it will bring up the vintage book you are looking for.

OR

2] Go to Pdfdrive.com and put the title of the book in the search box.

Go to the appendix and index section of any online or hardcopy book and look for a specific topic (cannibalism, Ofala festival, Ifa divination, etc), and the exact page it is located on for faster reading.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by VEHINTOLAR: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2023
Tifnubudrugs:
Everyone can easily see how hateful you people are. Your parents teach you nothing else except to hate Igbos from childbirth. But does it stop Igbos from being ahead of you? No! Hate will only ruin the hater while the hated doesn't even know you exist.

Odumegwu Ojukwu senior, Alvan Ikoku, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Michael Okpara etc etc were all educated as far back as 1930's. They showed you pictures of Azikiwe wearing suit in 1913 and there many other Igbos like him then! But in your hate, you continue fooling yourself.

Atleast, Igbos taught you yorubas about iron smithing during precolonial times! Anywhere in the world, any civilization that had knowledge of iron smithing was always ahead of others! We also had Igbo Ukwu and other great artifacts that predate whatever you can get from Yorubaland. This is another factor that shows Igbos were ahead of you yorubas!

Igbos also modified a form of writing during precolonial times called Nsibidi. Can you show me the one yorubas had before the Europeans or Hausas introduced the Arab civilizations to you guys?

Ugly and dirty baboons that still cook with toilet brooms till this day think they're mates with Igbos.

Spits!

Mumu,your progenitors were nothing but slaves of the Ijaws ! Lol,you are telling me,a thorough breed Yoruba man that some mere descendants of Osus were educated " as far back as 1930s",right ? An Osu like you ?!

I don't even need to sweat over it,the records are all there for all and sundry to see ! Trust me,there is no basis for any comparison between the great "Omo Alade" (Yoruba) and your slavery Igbo tribe ! Wonder shall never...!
Lol,Igbo wearing suits since 1930s ? That's funny,you know ? Where were these your suit wearing monkeys as far back as early 19th century when the Yoruba people have since been producing first Lawyers,first Medical Doctors ,first Engineers,first Educationists,etc ? We even had a Television station (WNTV),first in Africa,ahead of the likes of Spain and Portugal ! If not that I would not be allowed to upload some pictures here,you'd have found out who you truly are as an Igbo ! There is no basis for any Tom and Harry d.ick measuring contest between Yoruba and Igbo;the difference is clear ! Which iron smelting nonsense are you even talking about ? Inspite of your iron smelting lies,is it not Okonkwo,a fictional character in a Chinua Achebe's play - "Things Fall Apart" that's the only known Igbo people historical "brave man" ?! You wanna compare your silly selves to the people whose ancient empire extended far beyond the shores of present day Nigeria ?! You must be sick !

You really want to talk about education, like seriously,between Yoruba and Igbo ?! Lol,like I said earlier, the records are all there and nothing has changed even up till today ! For instance, you're still typing your gibberish on a platform owned by a Yoruba man ! We are not just your mate in all ramifications,deal with it ! We are not called the pacesetters for nothing;we earned that name ! Your forebears had to cross into our land before they could ever see a skyscraper (Cocoa House, Ibadan) in their entire miserable lives !

We,Yoruba,no be Igbos mates in all spheres of life, that's a fact !

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by slowice(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

I post from Alaigbo , Una go complain.

I no post from Alaigbo , Una still complain that I am showcasing the beauty of the original culture of Nigerians to get on Ibo inferiority complex nerves.

I know this inferiority complex is what is driving you people to embrace Jewish Marxism and Zionism and why you idiots are in the forefront insulting all other traditional rulers in Nigeria .

Is this not why Jews are in the fore front fighting to destroy European monarchies and civilization so that their cainanite ways can be accepted as supreme?

I know you Bingos more than you know yourselves.

I will not stop celebrating Nigeria's cultural heritage because it makes you heathen savages uncomfortable.

Now go and break stone with your fists.

Like I said earlier, you are born biased. Ranting and insulting people for no just cause except to showcase your bigotry and to what end? You are too young for this, retrace your steps bro

1 Like

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by SuperOnyi: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
Swiftgrp:

The book he wrote is entitled "Among the Ibos of Southern Nigeria" by Reverend George T. Basden who lived and worked as a reknowned missionary in Onitsha.

1] Go to Google Books weblink and put the book title in a search box, it will bring up the vintage book you are looking for.

OR

2] Go to Pdfdrive.com and put the title of the book in the search box.

Go to the appendix and index section of any online or hardcopy book and look for a specific topic (cannibalism, Ofala festival, Ifa divination, etc), and the exact page it is located on for faster reading.

I hope this helps.

shocked

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by thatigboman: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
Biola67:

Na Fulani man. Ode
fulani dey lagos in 1910?
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by thatigboman: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Inferiority complex of the highest order ! Indeed,the agenda to attach Igbo to Lagos by fire and by force is very real ! You should be ashamed that the Op had nothing to showcase about the igbos instead of trying to hijack Lagos,a state that doesn't share a common boundary with Alaigbo ! You igbos obsession with Lagos is real,even Mr Nnamdi Azikiwe tried in vain to be the Premier of the old Western region,shior !

You should be worried that there was nothing to showcase about the Igbos under the period being reviewed. That alone says a lot; your progenitors were still hobnobbing with some primitive orangutans in the jungles of Alaigbo at the time !

u need to psychiatric test urgently. In 1910 in lagos, the population of igbos in lagos more than doubled than that of migrant yorubas. What are u people good at or needed for? Railway construction? Civil engineering? Accounting? We are not talking of faming cocoa in rural osogbo, we are talking of building lagos.
When ojukwu's father was the richest man in Lagos, where was your grandfather?
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by RevDesm0ndJuju: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
thatigboman:
u need to psychiatric test urgently. In 1910 in lagos, the population of igbos in lagos more than doubled than that of migrant yorubas. What are u people good at or needed for? Railway construction? Civil engineering? Accounting? We are not talking of faming cocoa in rural osogbo, we are talking of building lagos.

Softly softly dey lie.

As 1910 , Lagos was not part of Nigeria but a seperate British Colony.

The few Ibos in Lagos were returnee slaves from the Americas who refused to go back to their homeland.

Ibo migration began much later and was more towards the north after Lugard's almagation in 1914.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by thatigboman: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Softly softly dey lie.

As 1910 , Lagos was not part of Nigeria but a seperate British Colony.

The few Ibos in Lagos were returnee slaves from the Americas who refused to go back to their homeland.

Ibo migration began much later and was more towards the north after Lugard's almagation in 1914.

so what's the tribe of the man tagged lagos big boy in 1910 you posted? Look at his cap, his face, his attire, his shoes and guess.
Igbos were free men in Britain before 1910, u are talking of British colony. Who built lagos? Or u think building of lagos started after 1914?
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by eROCK247(m): 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2023
Na wah. I don't understand how we're celebrating 63 years together while we fight over every little thing. Ordinary pictures when Dem snap before Dem dream to born una, una still dey fight.
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by Christistruth00: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:
Hausa household circa early 20th century

Sergio103, I hope you are happy now.

That is a Yoruba Muslim Man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
thatigboman:
so what's the tribe of the man tagged lagos big boy in 1910 you posted? Look at his cap, his face, his attire, his shoes and guess.
Igbos were free men in Britain before 1910, u are talking of British colony. Who built lagos? Or u think building of lagos started after 1914?

That's not a ln Ibo man

Stop appropriating cultures and identities that are not yours.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by kernniejay(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2023
Tifnubudrugs:
Sergio is obviously smarter than you and the ignorant op. He immediately knew your intentions even before you started, that shows he is smarter than you.

You yorubas are the most toxic and hypocritical people ever. But you've met your Waterloo in Igbos. It is your inferiority complex that makes you people to keep thinking about Igbos every minute of the day while we don't even care if you exist.

Hateful tribe of primitive skull miners.

Another fake Aba made human being on the loose. It is not your fault anyway. Na your greedy Nnamdi Azikiwe that wanted to be Nigeria's president by force by conniving with Alh Ahmadu Bello to betray Pa Awolowo and disallowed the secession clause, na him cause all these rubbish. I blame Gowon for allowing this nonsense instead of wiping it off once and for all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by VEHINTOLAR: 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
thatigboman:

Lol,"in 1910 in Lagos........"blah,blah,blah ! Villagers like you lots from that tiny jungle of cannibals ! If Ojukwu's father was the richest man in Lagos as at that time,how did that make him an indigene of Lagos State or South West ? Oh ! The Ojukwus are no longer from Anambra state in the South East ? Shame on you village boy,a Lagos indigene wannabe from erosion ravaged land of criminals ! Lagos does not share a common boundary with any of the Igbo speaking states,as a matter of fact South West does not share a boundary with your cursed land. So,what nonsense are you saying ? Don't you think it's your father who needs to take his malaria drugs urgently as the symptoms are already affecting your own flat head too ! Why don't you tell us Ojukwu's father's "Agbo'le" or that of any Igbo,including your own father,in Lagos here ?

The same fate that befell your ragtag cassava stick weilding "army" in Ore,Ondo state, awaits you fools who are obviously not proud of your Osu heritage ! Igbos are nothing but economic migrants and burdens in Lagos or any other parts of Yoruba land. Trust me,idiots like you will make your kinsmen suffer more in our midst. We have the antidote to your madness !

Now take this :

Mumu,your progenitors were nothing but slaves of the Ijaws ! Lol,you are telling me,a thorough breed Yoruba man that some mere descendants of Osus were educated " as far back as 1930s",right ? An Osu like you ?!

I don't even need to sweat over it,the records are all there for all and sundry to see ! Trust me,there is no basis for any comparison between the great "Omo Alade" (Yoruba) and your slavery Igbo tribe ! Wonder shall never...!
Lol,Igbo wearing suits since 1930s ? That's funny,you know ? Where were these your suit wearing monkeys as far back as early 19th century when the Yoruba people have since been producing first Lawyers,first Medical Doctors ,first Engineers,first Educationists,etc ? We even had a Television station (WNTV),first in Africa,ahead of the likes of Spain and Portugal ! If not that I would not be allowed to upload some pictures here,you'd have found out who you truly are as an Igbo ! There is no basis for any Tom and Harry d.ick measuring contest between Yoruba and Igbo;the difference is clear ! Which iron smelting nonsense are you even talking about ? Inspite of your iron smelting lies,is it not Okonkwo,a fictional character in a Chinua Achebe's play - "Things Fall Apart" that's the only known Igbo people historical "brave man" ?! You wanna compare your silly selves to the people whose ancient empire extended far beyond the shores of present day Nigeria ?! You must be sick !

You really want to talk about education, like seriously,between Yoruba and Igbo ?! Lol,like I said earlier, the records are all there and nothing has changed even up till today ! For instance, you're still typing your gibberish on a platform owned by a Yoruba man ! We are not just your mate in all ramifications,deal with it ! We are not called the pacesetters for nothing;we earned that name ! Your forebears had to cross into our land before they could ever see a skyscraper (Cocoa House, Ibadan) in their entire miserable lives !

We,Yoruba no be Igbos mates in all spheres of life, that's a fact !

Ogun kee that your Osu fada in your village !

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by Swiftgrp: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Thank you sir.
You are welcome @SuperOnyi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by thatigboman: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol,"in 1910 in Lagos........"blah,blah,blah ! Villagers like you lots from that tiny jungle of cannibals ! If Ojukwu's father was the richest man in Lagos as at that time,how did that make him an indigene of Lagos State or South West ? Oh ! The Ojukwus are no longer from Anambra state in the South East ? Shame on you village boy,a Lagos indigene wannabe from erosion ravaged land of criminals ! Lagos does not share a common boundary with any of the Igbo speaking states,as a matter of fact South West does not share a boundary with your cursed land. So,what nonsense are you saying ? Don't you think it's your father who needs to take his malaria drugs urgently as the symptoms are already affecting your own flat head too ! Why don't you tell us Ojukwu's father's "Agbo'le" or that of any Igbo,including your own father,in Lagos here ?

The same fate that befell your ragtag cassava stick weilding "army" in Ore,Ondo state, awaits you fools who are obviously not proud of your Osu heritage ! Igbos are nothing but economic migrants and burdens in Lagos or any other parts of Yoruba land. Trust me,idiots like you will make your kinsmen suffer more in our midst. We have the antidote to your madness !

Now take this :

Ogun kee that your Osu fada in your village !

see ramblings of a yoruba immigrant to lagos.
Lagos is owned by bini Kingdom, colonised by white man and developed by igbos. If he pain u, hit your useless head on a wall.
Which useless skyscraper in ibadan? That it was named Cocoa house doesn't mean that it was built with Cocoa money. How much does Cocoa cost? It was built with my grandfather's oil money
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by truthhurtsnaira: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Johnjanrt:
shocked Naija to the world. One People. Great Nation.
Crippled by corruption.

Where was the one nation?

Your ancestors were conquered by folks who today have referendums and independent home nations like Scotland, Wales, etc….

Yet your “country” has one of the largest hungry and poor folks ever known to man….

N I G G E R S
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by Tifnubudrugs: 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dumbo, instead of pouring your smelly saliva everywhere while writing like a celebral palsy kid, go and read your history. Igbos from Awka taught yorubas iron smelting. Igbo Ukwu bronze artifacts predates any artifact from yorubaland. Nsibidi writing was developed by Igbos long before yorubas knew there is anything called writing. These are facts anyone can easily corroborate!

Meanwhile, ordinary Dahomey ladies invaded your lands, killed your men and took others captive! Fulanis also invaded your lands and turned you guys to slaves in Illorin till date. But weaklings like you think you can measure with Igbos that fought the British for over 30 years in the Ekumeku and Aro fronts during precolonial times!

Igbos also fought the rest of Nigeria including world powers for 3 years without losing our territory yet ordinary Fulanis seized your territories till date while you slaves couldn't even make noise.

Igbos are far above you guys in education that we Igbos had to be the pioneer VC's of the only two universities in your region.

25 of your people were kidnapped few days ago and they're already forgotten because they're worthless in the eyes of everyone. That's something that can't happen to Igbos without consequences. Even in the 100 years, you Lilliputians will never be able to measure up to Igbos.

May Amadioha wipe your generation into oblivion.

Tribe of weaklings.

Spits!

VEHINTOLAR:

1 Like

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by Tifnubudrugs: 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Tifnubudrugs:
Dumbo, instead of pouring your smelly saliva everywhere while writing like a celebral palsy kid, go and read your history. Igbos from Awka taught yorubas iron smelting. Igbo Ukwu bronze artifacts predates any artifact from yorubaland. Nsibidi writing was developed by Igbos long before yorubas knew there is anything called writing. These are facts anyone can easily corroborate!

Meanwhile, ordinary Dahomey ladies invaded your lands, killed your men and took others captive! Fulanis also invaded your lands and turned you guys to slaves in Illorin till date. But weaklings like you think you can measure with Igbos that fought the British for over 30 years in the Ekumeku and Aro fronts during precolonial times!

Igbos also fought the rest of Nigeria including world powers for 3 years without losing our territory yet ordinary Fulanis seized your territories till date while you slaves couldn't even make noise.

Igbos are far above you guys in education that we Igbos had to be the pioneer VC's of the only two universities in your region.

25 of your people were kidnapped few days ago and they're already forgotten because they're worthless in the eyes of everyone. That's something that can't happen to Igbos without consequences. Even in the 100 years, you Lilliputians will never be able to measure up to Igbos.

May Amadioha wipe your generation into oblivion.

Tribe of weaklings.

Spits!

Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by Tifnubudrugs: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2023
Gowon and the generation of your father were no match with Igbos, that was why Harold Wilson, the then British prime minister had to rally other world powers to save your sorry ass. Without them, Nigeria wouldn't even stand Biafra not to talk of tribe of weaklings ordinary menstruating Dahomey ladies invaded their land and killed their fathers. Fulanis too invaded their land seized 20% of their territory and has been ruling the slaves till date! Imagine the cowards that want to measure up to Igbos.

Tribe of weaklings and cowards!

kernniejay:

Another fake Aba made human being on the loose. It is not your fault anyway. Na your greedy Nnamdi Azikiwe that wanted to be Nigeria's president by force by conniving with Alh Ahmadu Bello to betray Pa Awolowo and disallowed the secession clause, na him cause all these rubbish. I blame Gowon for allowing this nonsense instead of wiping it off once and for all.
Re: Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos by kernniejay(m): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2023
Tifnubudrugs:
Gowon and the generation of your father were no match with Igbos, that was why Harold Wilson, the then British prime minister had to rally other world powers to save your sorry ass. Without them, Nigeria wouldn't even stand Biafra not to talk of tribe of weaklings ordinary menstruating Dahomey ladies invaded their land and killed their fathers. Fulanis too invaded their land seized 20% of their territory and has been ruling the slaves till date! Imagine the cowards that want to measure up to Igbos.

Tribe of weaklings and cowards!

Dey play. Gowon was no match for you, yet his Minister of Finance advised him to stop the supply of food to South Yeast and your forefathers resorted to cannibalism, they started killing and eating their own children, they began to consume lizards, toads, grasshoppers, termites, charmeleon and invented all manners of soup from grass and anything green until starvation started to kill them in droves and they had to crawl on their kneels to beg for forgiveness from the Nigerian government while your super saviour Ojukwu disappeared into thin air to avoid lynching.
That is just a little bit of free lesson for you which your teachers must have deliberatly skipped all that history in your curriculm in AfghaniEASTERN.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Pictures Of A Short-cut Into Ikeja Police Barracks By Mobolaji Bank-anthony Way / ‘Treat Jonathan With Care; Falae, Anenih Too Old To Be Jailed’ – Sagay To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.