Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,375 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (5195 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Olisa Metuh Goes On Hunger Strike / Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by 2mch(m): 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
Youth to embark on hunger strike over fuel subsidy removal

October 20, 2011 06:34PM
Print print Email email Share Share

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=0nwWZBK9YTWC0iKvIT6oES6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSSGyaHi6xHNeM8_1pnYHG1wLkdkNm4NaK1iliY4aRX7GEabxkeoo57KN3LcI4Be79xyJSXHeyn6i9C8rc3E0xoX_kuXYWCUJRqviwH8FNPwULIcdFM9zupuYHBJc2ySZk-[/img]

The National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) says Nigerian youths will embark on hunger strike if the government goes ahead with the planned removal of fuel subsidy.

Olawale Ajani, the council’s newly appointed transitional chairman, said in Abuja that the NYCN “has declared November 11 as a hunger strike day for young people and women because of the proposed removal of fuel subsidy.”

He said any attempt to remove the subsidy would be resisted and called for solidarity in the struggle from other Nigerians.

Mr Ajani said the government has not come up with what it planned to do if the subsidy was removed, pointing out that the consequences of removing it would be unbearable for the youth.

“This is the only palliative measure for the youth and the masses.

“If the government goes ahead to remove the subsidy, it shows that there is no reason why the youth should call themselves Nigerians as we are not benefiting anything from the government.”

The youth leader expressed dismay at a situation where majority of the youth were unemployed and would be made to bear the burden of subsidy removal.

“There is nothing for the youth, no jobs and the paltry measure the government is giving us, they want to remove it.”

Ajani appealed to the government not to go ahead with the proposal as it would affect Nigerians and make many of the youth vulnerable to some social vices.

“The president should not remove the subsidy; this was not part of the agreement we had when we voted for him.

“We had the opportunity to vote for other candidates but majority of the youth voted for the president because he shared our aspiration.”

He said the youth had resolved to embark on a protest to press home their demand for the retention of fuel subsidy before going on hunger strike.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5745952-146/youth_to_embark_on_hunger_strike.csp

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by arsenefc: 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
Hunger strike?

As long as the transitional chairman shares whatever money he gets with the rest of us.

Hunger strike ko, sh!t strike ni
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 21, 2011
Somebody that eats once in a day is already on hunger strike but what i don't know is if jonathan cares about their selfless fasting for the nation.Maybe they should consider picking up arms,it's revolution galore these days.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by htajz: 1:14am On Oct 21, 2011
lol at hunger strike, no be person wey dey chop dey go hunger strike, it will just be like anyother week for those youths grin grin
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 21, 2011
They might as well pray with it and call it spiritual fasting.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 21, 2011
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=0nwWZBK9YTWC0iKvIT6oES6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSSGyaHi6xHNeM8_1pnYHG1wLkdkNm4NaK1iliY4aRX7GEabxkeoo57KN3LcI4Be79xyJSXHeyn6i9C8rc3E0xoX_kuXYWCUJRqviwH8FNPwULIcdFM9zupuYHBJc2ySZk-[/img]

Why do Africans always look like this. . . . like they've been suffering.

Ebi n pa omo eniyan sha.

Anyways, most of those ppl in the pixs have grey hair. Nigeria has redefined "Youth".
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by koruji(m): 1:23am On Oct 21, 2011
@Ileke-Idi

Sad to say. Our continent is dying in slow motion, while the fat rats keep hoarding every last bit of resources.

Ileke-IdI:

Why do Africans always look like this. . . . like they've been suffering.

Ebi n pa omo eniyan sha.

Anyways, most of those ppl in the pixs have grey hair. Nigeria has redefined "Youth".
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 21, 2011
koruji:

@Ileke-Idi

Sad to say. Our continent is dying in slow motion, while the fat rats keep hoarding every last bit of resources.

LOL This was Blazay's description of Nigeria's rat below. Found it true and hilarious.

One of the major turn-offs visiting Nigeria. I can't stand those ugly things. You are so right. . .they all have shiny black
hair. . . not only curly, but long too, like they ALL have Japenese/Korean genes(not African genes for sure). For I have never seen a 'bald' one. . .not nappy hair for the African climate at all. . . the fine silky strands on these vermin, with their extremely lean bodies. . . . are fit for weaves of exports!!! Even bald people or the elderly people with 'grey' hair strands  of hair will be soooooooooooooo jealous of them  grin

Good lord!
Disgusting things.

Our continent is dying because our continent is gullible.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by koruji(m): 1:47am On Oct 21, 2011
True that, true that.

Ileke-IdI:

Our continent is dying because our continent is gullible.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2011
as in, we shouldnt eat or pretend we didn't
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2011
yeah, we will strike hunger some deadly blows by fillling our bele, no wahala
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kx: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2011
Did Eqyptian, Tunisian and Libyan youths who feeds 3 solid meals a day use hunger strike let alone nigerian youth that can hardly afford a good meal out of the required 3 a day?

Protest yes.
Hunger strike, no
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2011
lol. Hunger strike? How dat one k affect fg? The person that came up with this bad idea needs to be flogged seriously. This person certainly nt representin me. I be one man mopol !!! Sad enough d president of d youth and other exco would be dinning with d fg, eatin watsoeva they want while the ordinary member goes on hunger strike dat day. Gullible set of people.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by laoak2: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2011
Youth leader and youth representative my foot!!!!!!!!!!which stupid youth leader is that, who appointed him as the youth leader? when the right times comes, the action will dictate itself, we dont even need any thief to come up that he is representing us, he should be very careful. he can come up as an individual to say watever he likes, GEJ will still give him money, they will pay him off.

we dont need anyone to tell us wat to do, he is one of the thieves, he is fighting for his own pocket  like all the Fani kayode's and  labaran maku. they will come out, make noise that they are fighting for the youth, meanwhile, they get good offers from govt and turn against the masses.

Most of our leaders deserve worse than Gadaffi, they should just wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by kodewrita(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2011
desperately s.t.upid angry angry
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2011
The youths who support the removal should also organize an "eating pro- removal-of subsidy march" sponsored by Mr. Biggs,  grin

Abeg make these old men go rest jor!! I cant see one single youth in the entire picture,

GEJ should remove the subsidy and increase the minimum wage to 40'k.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Mojibola(m): 10:19am On Oct 21, 2011
that one go hard small o
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by xreal: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2011
hmmm, we ain't seen nothing yet.

revolution is coming.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by goldng: 10:27am On Oct 21, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by engrj(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2011
Am a youth but count me out. this sound very stupid cus someone will die hungry is friend of no body smiley smiley smiley
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by badmrkt(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2011
well i've not eaten for 5mins now,i think i'm on hunger strike already,
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by badmrkt(m): 10:55am On Oct 21, 2011
i've not eaten for 5mins now,so i think i'm hunger striking already,
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Torch1(m): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2011
Hunger strike my foot! Did he think that it wil make FG to change thier mind on the removal of fuel subsidy, You want many youths to contact Ulcer as a result of hunger strike. Let the Youth embark on protest from Abuja and spread it across Nigeria, from protest guys wey dey vex go carry arms and chase those looters in Abuja that is holding us hostage. Naija make we wise up, this is 21st century.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by meetmuyiwa(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2011
webdezzi:

I think its the later, so that if the strike doesn't work(which i'm sure it won't), we won't loose both ways
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by mikeywise(m): 11:54am On Oct 21, 2011
my take on this is to eat and pretend u didnt eat, tongue, because if u dont eat,hmmmm, i dont see where u will have the strength to protest. cheesy
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Afam4eva(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Does the government care whether you eat or not? Which Nigerian youths are these that think hunger strike is the best form of protest. You guys may have forgotten the country you live in. Even the women that walked bare chested in Ekiti were not listened to, it's now you that government will listen to simply because you no wan chop. How Government wan even know whether you dey chop or not?
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ayowumie(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hunger strike. For an average youth in this country. 3 square meal is a luxury.

Youth leaders my foot. By the time they give him some money now, he will start singing a different tune.

webdezzi:

I dont know o
If we all go on hunger strike, how does that affect the govt? Already, we no get food chop, has is affected the 'govt people' in any way?
This is naija and no be obodo oyinbo.
I would advocate that the youth carry placards and barricade entrance to "3 Arms Zone" in Abuja, by this everybody would know they mean business.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2011
Take a look at the picture, they are from the SW, I guess the youth leader must be Yoruba youth leader
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2011
lol funny thread it seems this people are in dream land whether you eat or not e no concern them chairman in control
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by falconski(m): 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2011
its useless,if u ask me ooooooo
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2011
I can only wish them Good luck. But also remind them Nigeria is not India.
Re: Youths To Go On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Otunbakay(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2011
The so called youth leader must be the biggest coward still living. Does he think the rulers who knowingly; intentional; greedily and curruptiously stamps hunger at the faces of the ordinary Nigerians perpertually, cares if they decide to further help themselves with there miseries. NIGERIANS S-T-A-N-D UP and stop being C-O-W-A-R-D-S and second citizens in ur own God giving land. If Libyans can do it . . . . Yes! We can do better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Set To Enforce Use Of Made-in-nigeria IT Products / Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria / Chief Of Defence Staff Confirms Nigerian Soldiers Went Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.