Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho (25072 Views)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Maradona: Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi And Kanu and Others Lead Tributes / Vincent Enyeama Makes Africaโ€™s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by olaztek(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2023
mayor1814:

He cannot bench anybody in that XI. He's just fortunate he's injury free and has longevity.

Wen we talking premier league best in history, thierry Henry
When we talking laliga best in history, Lionel Messi.
When we talking Seria A best player in history, Paolo maldini
And these are all d leagues tapnaldo fans are always hyping him yet he's not d best in their history.
But CR7 was the only player that survived and conquered these 3 top leagues. He won the league's cup, highest goal scorer and best player in each of these leagues.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by APOPTOSIS: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2023
olaztek:

But CR7 was the only player that survived and conquered these 3 top leagues. He won the league's cup, highest goal scorer and best player in each of these leagues.

We are talking of World Football and not Continental leagues. This is the reason most of you fail exams.
You can't use Europe to assess the entire world.
IF you keep using Europe, what's the essence of the FiFa world cup tournament?
Some Brazilian clubs go beat Barca and Real Madrid home and away. Don't you know.

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Cantonese: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2023
SenatePresdo:

I'm a Messi Fan, But CR7 surely deserve a place in that XI.

Zico ahead of Cr7? No oh.

Even Delima sef, History will remember Cr7 more than him.

Prime Cr7 is a better player than De lima was, let's forget sentiments.

I watched them all. Most of them live matches.
When you talk about beauty; when you talk about insane skills; when you talk about total football, CR7 does not come around those men.

He largely earned his place in history because his goals output. Aside from that e no follow. I watched Zico physically and CR7 does not compare in anyway.

Again for me, among the greats must be Zinedan Zidane. A total footballer with great control and insane skills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by F117nighthawk: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2023
Remove ZICO and replace with CR7
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by mayor1814: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2023
Realguyman1:
U are only just a bad belle to CR and nothing else. C Ronaldo does not need a world cup medal to prove his worth, because that's a whole team achievement and not an individual achievement. Ronaldinho was still young when C Ronaldo and Messi started dominating the game. Why didn't him prove his worth by pulling a challenge with them?

If a single player can win the a cup, Messi wouldn't have wait till 16yrs when his career was coming to an end before winning the world cup. He would have long won it within 2010-2018 when he was still very strong in the game.

Brazil has always been a football nation and have already won the World Cup 3 Times before Delima Ronaldo came in. Delima Ronaldo was only lucky to come from a football nation like Brazil, if it happen to have been in Portuguese team, he wouldn't have won the world cup as well.

Good to know. That means Ucl success dey always use to hype Tapnaldo is pure and total team success not his individual effort.

Coz since Tapnaldo left real Madrid baba never win ballon dor and he's not winning ballon dor again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by APOPTOSIS: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2023
F117nighthawk:
Remove ZICO and replace with CR7
God Forbid!
How can you soil such a list with someone without a world cup medal, not even Bronze.
What will you say to Alfredo Di' Stafino and Joan Cryff?
You Guys should think naaaa....

Except he will forge a world cup medal and compel FIFA to announce him as a world cup winner.
He should meet APC for Online courses!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Cantonese: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2023
olaztek:

Thatโ€™s not what we are talking about. We are talking about skills, beauty and total football. By the way, I should see our great Kanu Nwankwo on that list too!
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Cantonese: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2023
CuntPeddler:

That same man has 5 balon d'ors. I think hanging around penalty boxes pays

It pays to score goals only. But from the list you can see that it does not pay when the greatest players are mentioned. Rashidi Yekini still better pass am.
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2023
spy24:

South Americans will always favor their own

And it's not news that most of those ex great don't like him, for no particular reason

Were you expecting him to pick CR7 over himself?
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by pongwa(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2023
[quote author=Allmiron post=126163410][/quote]association of World South Americas XI and allies
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by olaztek(m): 11:28am On Oct 03, 2023
Cantonese:

I watched them all. Most of them live matches.
When you talk about beauty; when you talk about insane skills; when you talk about total football, CR7 does not come around those men.

He largely earned his place in history because his goals output. Aside from that e no follow. I watched Zico physically and CR7 does not compare in anyway.

Again for me, among the greats must be Zinedan Zidane. A total footballer with great control and insane skills.

What do you want to talk about Football that CR7 cannot or has never done before? Is it dribbling, free-kick, Assist, team work/motivation, heading, long shot, speed, ball control, agility, passing, scoring etc.

When you hate somebody, you'll never talk anything good about that person.

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:28am On Oct 03, 2023
blesoh:
CR7 don't need validation from anyone because he is the GOAT

Itโ€™s not about that, In a lone striker best team selection, would R7 have picked Nazario over himself ?
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Olat4421: 11:28am On Oct 03, 2023
Zidane ahead of Zico 100% but Ronaldinho is d most complete footballer ever
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by APOPTOSIS: 11:30am On Oct 03, 2023
Godoverevery:

I don't need to make use of Google.........I watched the 1994,1998,2002,2006,2010.......2022 worldcup with my two eye.

Someone like you lying boldly Ronaldo (won) two world cup for Brazil is outright ridiculous.
He actually really broke out in Olympics Atlanta 1996 for Brazil which we won
1994 he was still a teenager and was never a starter in that team.....we just part of the team and didn't play any major role towards them winning
Just answer the question.
Does the Great Fenomeno have two world cup medals or not..? It's simple. Stop calling me a liar, rather post the answer here. We are educated. Let's not look like fools

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2023
Blackestjunior:
Am a die hard Messi fan and a Barca fan...but Ronaldo should have been in the list, the five time ballon d or winner is arguably better than Ronaldinho
well it's his own list... Another would do and exclude Messi... Besides no list would even be accepted by all self... Pple like Johan cruff of Holland no de... Zidane uncore... That's why the argument of Best of all times is just for entertainment and there can never be a winner..

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by yommen: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2023
Allmiron:
Football no be by statpadding against inexperienced footballers in a lowly rated and inconsequential desert league, Abi against weaker European teams like Estonia, Luxembourg ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, or by being the player with the highest penalty goals in the history of the game. Football is beyond jumping into sky screaming sui after scoring against imbeciles, weda na stolen, tapin or pk. The real legends looks beyond mediocrity, opinions of the sui fanbase does matter in the scheme of things, it will start and end on social with likes and engagements, but history will always remember Leo Messi as the only certified GOAT in the history of football alongside other legends like Pele, Maradona, the real Ronaldo Nezario, Zidane just to mention few.

Leo completed football last year, nah freestyle mode we dey now. If penaldo like make e score 3000 goals, he will always be behind Messi in the history books. Why e no score those goals when Portugal need am against Morocco ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

8th Ballon dโ€™or loading later this month, i canโ€™t wait for penadogs to scream rigged ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, una tears too sweet

I am an Arsenal fan. So I'm not a fan of any of the clubs Ronaldo has played for. But saying all these rubbish against one of the most decorated footballers in the history of the game is height of stupidity. He is also joint highest paid footballer with Benzema at the moment. You Nigerians should stop displaying stupidity everywhere na. I bet it will be a dream come true if you can only achieve 1% of what CR7 has achieved or just 1% of his total worth. 1% of his worth is 8 Billion Naira. So think about it, senseless football fan.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by soccerlite: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2023
Hmm
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by mayor1814: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2023
Realguyman1:
And on what ground is Delima Ronaldo greater than CR? Give ur reasons

I watched young Ronaldo in 94, there were flashes of great things to come. the likes of Dunga, romario, bebeto etc were senior men then. Then come 96 olympic, 98 world cup, tru to early 2000s, Ronaldo cemented his status as one of the best and greatest footballer ever. World footballer award x3. Ballon dor x2. World cup. He's not just depending on other players, his individual contribution came out.

Won golden ball for 98 individual brilliant performance. Tapnaldo has been in world cup for almost 20 years, no brilliant individual contribution. No golden ball. No bronze medal. After leaving Madrid, no more ucl. No more ballon dor.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Realguyman1(m): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Excuses everywhere!
Wey the World cup medal naaaa?
So Portugal has always been a Swimming Nation...yet they produced the great Eusebio, Figo and Deco.
How can you add someone without a single world cup BRONZE medal to such a revered list when everyone one that list is a world cup medalist with stunning contributions.
You should be fighting for Zidane to be there and not the Penalty Goat.
Let's be frank, who CR7 wan bench there?
He can't even bench the Goalkeeper.
We are not talking of Europe here
Now it's time for World Football
At the bolded, and why didn't those great guys won the Euro competition talk more of winning the world cup?

I don't know who C Ronaldo is going to bench on that team, but if C Ronaldo happen to be in that team, the coach is definitely going to change formation to make sure C Ronaldo plays.

And mind u, I don't rate C Ronaldo base on the Uefa champions league that he has won, neither do I rated any player base on team achievement, I always do my ratings base on individual achievements. And that's why I always rate Messi in high esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Olat4421: 11:40am On Oct 03, 2023
Godoverevery:

Please what year did Ronaldo won to world cup for Brazil.

2002 and which year....abeg no vex.
1994 he won d World Cup as a teenager 1998 he was a finalist Brazil lost to France 2002 he also won d World Cup scoring two lethal goals in d final to down Germany

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Godoverevery: 11:41am On Oct 03, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Just answer the question.
Does the Great Fenomeno have two world cup medals or not..? It's simple. Stop calling me a liar, rather post the answer here. We are educated. Let's not look like fools

Go check the complex you used..

***Ronaldo won two world cup for Brazil*** is totally different from ***Ronaldo won two world cup with Brazil***

Complex really matters!!!!!!
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Beverlyjean(f): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2023
Only 2 outfield European players... this is just a South American list
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Realguyman1(m): 11:47am On Oct 03, 2023
mayor1814:

I watched young Ronaldo in 94, there were flashes of great things to come. the likes of Dunga, romario, bebeto etc were senior men then. Then come 96 olympic, 98 world cup, tru to early 2000s, Ronaldo cemented his status as one of the best and greatest footballer ever. World footballer award x3. Ballon dor x2. World cup. He's not just depending on other players, his individual contribution came out.

Won golden ball for 98 individual brilliant performance. Tapnaldo has been in world cup for almost 20 years, no brilliant individual contribution. No golden ball. No bronze medal. After leaving Madrid, no more ucl. No more ballon dor.
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by KnownUnknown: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2023
Yes.9
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by APOPTOSIS: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2023
Olat4421:
1994 he won d World Cup as a teenager 1998 he was a finalist Brazil lost to France 2002 he also won d World Cup scoring two lethal goals in d final to down Germany
Thanks for educating him.
If not for incessant injuries, the match to goal ratio Fenomeno would have earned would have been out of this world.
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Realguyman1(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2023
mayor1814:

You see what I'm talking about. Outside Brazil that happened to be the greatest national team the World has ever seen, u couldn't rate Delima Ronaldo anywhere else. If C Ronaldo happen to have been that Brazil squad of the 1990s and early 2000s,he would have also do great things for himself too.
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Beverlyjean(f): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2023
Antivirus92:
prime cr7 not even close to prime de Lima

De Lima that cudnt take any team to champion league final .... de Lima only had 2 great seasons in football...
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Realguyman1(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2023
mayor1814:

Good to know. That means Ucl success dey always use to hype Tapnaldo is pure and total team success not his individual effort.

Coz since Tapnaldo left real Madrid baba never win ballon dor and he's not winning ballon dor again.
Ronaldo already won the Uefa champions league with Man u and the balloon door as well, before leaving for Madrid.

Mine u, I don't rate C Ronaldo base on the Uefa champions league that he has won, neither do I rated any player base on team achievement, I always do my ratings base on individual achievements. And that's why I always rate Messi in high esteem.
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by Father4all: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2023
His picking is not relevant
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by mayor1814: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Realguyman1:
You see what I'm talking about. Outside Brazil that happened to be the greatest national team the World has ever seen, u couldn't rate Delima Ronaldo anywhere else. If C Ronaldo happen to have been that Brazil squad of the 1990s and early 2000s,he would have also do great things for himself too.

Ronaldo de Lima performed excellently in all d clubs he played for. He helped Barca win uefa winners cup. His beauty, skills and dribbles all shone out brilliantly in all d clubs he played in.
Re: Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho by mayor1814: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
Realguyman1:
Ronaldo already won the Uefa champions league with Man u and the balloon door as well, before leaving for Madrid.

Mine u, I don't rate C Ronaldo base on the Uefa champions league that he has won, neither do I rated any player base on team achievement, I always do my ratings base on individual achievements. And that's why I always rate Messi in high esteem.

That is what I'm saying. He had other players supporting him in man UTD and Madrid. That is why he couldn't transform the success to Portugal in world cup. 20 years in world cup and euros no MVP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Messi Facing Possible Two Year Ban For CONMEBOL Corruption Comments / 9JAPREDICT Betting Tip 2015/2016 / Belgium-sweden Called Off After Terrorist Kills 2 Swedish Fans In Brussels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.