Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Benefits Of Righteousness I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benefits Of Righteousness I (75 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? / Rewards Of Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Righteousness I by kpakpandoN(m): 6:13am On Oct 03, 2023
Isaiah 3:10 says it shall be well with the righteous because there are certain guaranteed blessings that righteous people enjoy. One of them is in Psalm 34:17: “The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles”.

When you are living a life of holiness, anytime you cry to God, He would answer you speedily. This is as opposed to Isaiah 59:1-2, which says that it’s people’s sins that prevent God from hearing them. David said clearly in Psalm 66:18: “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me”. If you really want God to start hearing your prayers, then you must begin to live holy henceforth.

The blessings attached to living holy are numerous, as seen in Deuteronomy 28:1-14 and Psalm 37:25. The children of righteous people are God’s responsibility; He takes care of their needs Himself. King David shared his observation about this in Psalm 37:25.

The children of the righteous don’t have to depend on anybody to survive – God Himself makes sure that they don’t lack anything. This means that the best legacy and inheritance you can leave for your children is a holy lifestyle. This is so because God will ensure that they never lack. A classic illustration is in (1 Kings 11:11-12). David was a man after God’s heart, and God preserved his son – Solomon because of this.

It is better, however, to teach your children to live holy themselves even when you have gone to be with the Lord, so that their own children too will enjoy the preservation of the Lord.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Hebrews 1:9

Pursue righteousness and hate iniquity, so that you would see the manifestation of God’s glory upon your life and all that concerns you.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Satisfaction In HIM / Sport Solution As A Spiritual Solution. (discuss!) / Start Living With Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.