Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) (30529 Views)

Any Nigerian Who Can Change Into A Cat To Get ₦2.5m / Six Important Lessons Christians Could Learn From A Wise Heathen King / Righteousness Exalts A Nation, But Sin Is A Reproach To Any People - Prov 14:34 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:02am On Mar 03
Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat

Normally, a cat is not an animal most Christians would want to associate themselves with, considering the negative reputation it has generally among Christians.

I myself am not endeared to cats, and barely had any interactions with them in my entire lifetime. However on this particular occasion, I had paid a visit to a family friend and stayed there for several days.

A cat happened in the house, so that was how me and this particular cat crossed paths.

It's an interesting story as to how the cat got there in the first place, because this was also a christian family well known to hate the sight of cats not to talk of having them around, but that's a long story which may distract from the topic, so let me not go there just yet.

Now during my stay there, I observed the cat was very selective when it comes to food.

It doesn't eat rice, beans, yam, plantain, among others, so whenever any of the above is placed in its plate, it often end up in the refuse bin. If not there, it gets being devoured by cats of neighbors closeby, to suggest that the cat is quite unique in the way it selects food, however as a result it's often left hungry even when its plate is full of food.

It happens to often eat bread though and also appears to love licking soup especially draw. But of course, fish, meat are his favourite food as expected.

So whenever someone was about to eat swallow especially, somehow it is able to sense that what it craves was inside the plate of food the person is carrying, so it would follow the person hoping some of its favorite food could drop for it from the plate.

I usually share some of such with it while eating as a result, so it is usually hopeful of getting something whenever I was eating hence hardly misses such moments.

One day, it was already hanging around where I had put my food and was about to eat. However it appeared I forgot something so had to go downstairs to get it. Something appeared to delay me though so my food was left open for a while, but then when I remembered the cat was already there waiting, I shouted and rushed back to see what had become of my open food while I was gone. I sincerely thought it would have already pounced on the food and devoured especially the meat and fish inside.

But when I came back I just saw the cat still lying down close to the stool but the food was intact. I was shocked because the plate of food contained its favorite fish and meat and it was really close to it, yet it didn't touch it.

Perhaps I didn't need to be shocked if that's the nature of cats but I didn't know much about cats anyway. I don't still know if this is the same with all cats but this particular one doesn't touch any food that doesn't belong to it.

Despite being hungry, it waited patiently for me to finish what I was doing to come and give it some meat and fish by myself before it would eat.

I was seriously impressed and it made me want to give it as much as possible. Funny thing is that when I give it, it could take it and run somewhere to secure while eating it, but it doesn't touch someone else's food.

It was a real eye-opener that a cat could have such discipline.

It made me begin to imagine what Nigeria would have become if we as Nigerians and our leaders had such discipline not to take what doesn't belong to us.

The Bible says, "righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34

That's why a nation so richly endowed and blessed by God, is yet the poverty capital of the world.

It because of sin (mindless stealing and corruption) which would bring reproach to any nation.

At this time when Nigeria is suffering much poverty, hardship, and reproach due to lack of discipline on the part of her leaders and people, Nigeria could surely do well to learn something from the cat.

God bless.

130 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:02am On Mar 03
As for the part of how the cat came about in the first place, to the house of my family friends who dreaded the sight of cats not to talk of having them around, probably the saying, "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" may be applicable to this case, because the rats had really dealt hard with this family, it was even assuming spiritual dimensions, as they've tried everything possible means to eliminate them, but to no avail although the house was a big house.

So that's where the cat came in, having exhausted every other option and having spent huge sums as result but to no avail.

Therefore they were left with no choice but to also try out a cat as a last resort albeit reluctantly just to see if it would work.

But guess what, once the cat stepped into the building, despite being small in size and even smaller than some of the rats when it first came, the same rats that were previously feeling invincible as if they were also owners of the house, that would make them have the audacity to be opening pots of food, amongst other unimaginable things that they was doing, one by one, that was how they kept leaving up til the point that not one single rat left visible in the big house.

There may also be 1 or 2 lessons to draw from that, but it was the discipline of the cat that stunned me the most.

God bless.

45 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Mar 03
Check this out...

Matthew 15:22-28
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." (Jesus was not sent to everybody)

The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

I would expect that a 'God incarnate' person who is ultimately merciful wouldn't think twice before helping a sick child, especially since he has the power to do so.

Can we say this is a racist comment? He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

Who are the Children and who are their dogs?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:04am On Mar 03
Unpopular opinion, cats are more humane than dogs.

4 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:21am On Mar 10
Discipline.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:10am On Apr 14
Proverbs 14:34 (KJV)

Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by alexisok10: 9:09am On Apr 14
May God help us in this nation. The way things are going, it's really scary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Adaiobanyi1: 9:24am On Apr 14
This God. He is the one above all other gods. The one who says Yes! and no man dares to say no. Happy Sunday Fam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB89ZxHZKtA?si=5ahQZvd9bjOzhPBU

3 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Fatbam005: 9:24am On Apr 14
Suddenly the end will come one day

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by oyeb15: 9:24am On Apr 14
Cats easily betrays their owner spiritually but dogs and sheep remain faithful and even die for their owners.

An enemy can possess your cat spiritually and use it gain access to your life thus bringing you evil,badluck, miscarriages etc.

Village people use cats to rob spiritually. Cats is a major and easiest vehicle of spiritually transformation. U can easily turn to cat if u are possessed , travel several kilometers, spy on your neighbors , enter warehouses ,steal goods using apaja etc

Cat isn't a good animal.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Fatbam005: 9:24am On Apr 14
Human kind is an embodiment of all vices

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by AbuTwins: 9:26am On Apr 14
Pray for your country and stop demarketing it.

There's corruption almost everywhere even in the church!

Even in the Biblical translations of KJV, RSV, NIV, ESV, NASB, etc there's corruption!

Many verses exist in KJV that were removed from others as they were dubiously added!

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by SeeWahala: 9:27am On Apr 14
I love cats sadly I can't keep one cry family mattaz

So clean, quiet, calm, low maintenance, no definite odor etc only time they worry you is when they are hungry or have given birth

If not that it's like a time bomb to keep cats as big as even adult ekuke as pet I would have darned all consequences.

I believe a well trained 'adult Ekuke' sized domestic cat will secure your property more effectively than even a tibetan mastiff undecided

5 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Kindness218: 9:27am On Apr 14

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by KingTom(m): 9:30am On Apr 14
Nice read, a good lesson to learn here. Finally a Christian thread that's endearing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:31am On Apr 14
ok

I want to also get a cat, as soon as i can, i love their personality, they are smart and funny.

5 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by bigsyke: 9:32am On Apr 14
Good writing, this story is not about Cats.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Absuchat(m): 9:32am On Apr 14
One of the reasons why I want to be rich is to raise a cat and a dog as pets and for security

6 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Ashez: 9:32am On Apr 14
If they know
Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:33am On Apr 14
smiley me too, i just love animals.
Absuchat:
One of the reasons why I want to be rich is to raise a cat and a dog as pets and security

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by AbuTwins: 9:33am On Apr 14
Cats are lovely but I don't like them!

I dislike dogs too but I don't believe in superstition and omens!

Nigeria will be great if we stop tribalism, selfishness and bigotry

3 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Ebukamatth(m): 9:34am On Apr 14
You saying I should behave like a cat
Okay
Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by SeeWahala: 9:35am On Apr 14
Ebukamatth:
You saying I should behave like a cat
Okay

What do you feel you're behaving like right now? 🤔

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:35am On Apr 14
You people have come with your superstitions again. Cats are funny, interesting, and beautiful.

oyeb15:
Cat betrays their owner spiritually but dogs and sheep remain faithful and even die for their owners.

An enemy can possess your cat spiritually and use it gain access to your life thus bringing you evil,badluck etc.

Village people use cats to rob spiritually. Cats is a major and easiest vehicle of spiritually transformation. U can easily turn to cat if u are possessed , travel several kilometers, spy on your neighbors , enter warehouses ,steal goods using apaja etc

Cat isn't a good animal.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Jennyclay(f): 9:35am On Apr 14
I love cat.

Cat is a very clean and neat animal.

Dirty men should learn how to maintain physical hygiene from cat undecided

cleanliness is next to godliness

3 Likes

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Ebukamatth(m): 9:36am On Apr 14
SeeWahala:

What do you feel you're behaving like right now? 🤔

Lion
Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by SeeWahala: 9:37am On Apr 14
Ebukamatth:

Lion

Which is an ekuke sized cat 🐈 cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Goodlady(f): 9:38am On Apr 14
Sweet msg. I v observed cats are clean.
AntiChristian:
Check this out...

Matthew 15:22-28
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." (Jesus was not sent to everybody)

The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

I would expect that a 'God incarnate' person who is ultimately merciful wouldn't think twice before helping a sick child, especially since he has the power to do so.

Can we say this is a racist comment? He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

Who are the Children and who are their dogs?
Ya madness is of concern.

Arabmuzi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tzkkk_ZIJQ?si=nuVLSKSkjVIs-WEs
This isn't payback but when trouble sleep yanga go wake am. You ll soon start seeking donations for Iran.
Your eyes ll see the horror your bargained for. Bloody mumu that doesn't reason Nigerian economy but religious affairs only. Hypocrite!
Make dem go drag ya prophet for his crimes over 1500 years ago.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by MILLERMannn: 9:40am On Apr 14
Cats are very special animal. Contrary to what black people think, a cat is a wonderful animal. It is one of the animals I would like to have. If a cat comes to your house uninvited, just know that you are a very good person. Cats are spiritual and their energy level resonate well just like dog.
Cats are not evil at all. That is why white people keep them as pet.
A Cat can sense evil that will approach it owner earlier and uses it energy level to absorb the evil. The accumulation of evil is what makes cat misbehave sometimes and people think they are possessed by witchcraft.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Judgement12(m): 9:40am On Apr 14
Now this is this big question, how come the west and Europe don't suffer from poverty even though they are more corrupt than our leaders, most of them leave on our wealth
jesusjnr2020:
Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat

Normally, a cat is not an animal most Christians would want to associate themselves with, considering the negative reputation it has generally among Christians.

I myself am not endeared to cats, and barely had any interactions with them in my entire lifetime. However on this particular occasion, I had paid a visit to a family friend and stayed there for several days.

A cat happened in the house, so that was how me and this particular cat crossed paths.

It's an interesting story as to how the cat got there in the first place, because this was also a christian family well known to hate the sight of cats not to talk of having them around, but that's a long story which may distract from the topic, so let me not go there just yet.

Now during my stay there, I observed the cat was very selective when it comes to food.

It doesn't eat rice, beans, yam, plantain, among others, so whenever any of the above is placed in its plate, it often end up in the refuse bin. If not there, it gets being devoured by cats of neighbors closeby, to suggest that the cat is quite unique in the way it selects food, however as a result it's often left hungry even when its plate is full of food.

It happens to often eat bread though and also appears to love licking soup especially draw. But of course, fish, meat are his favourite food as expected.

So whenever someone was about to eat swallow especially, somehow it is able to sense that what it craves was inside the plate of food the person is carrying, so it would follow the person hoping some of its favorite food could drop for it from the plate.

I usually share some of such with it while eating as a result, so it is usually hopeful of getting something whenever I was eating hence hardly misses such moments.

One day, it was already hanging around where I had put my food and was about to eat. However it appeared I forgot something so had to go downstairs to get it. Something appeared to delay me though so my food was left open for a while, but then when I remembered the cat was already there waiting, I shouted and rushed back to see what had become of my open food while I was gone. I sincerely thought it would have already pounced on the food and devoured especially the meat and fish inside.

But when I came back I just saw the cat still lying down close to the stool but the food was intact. I was shocked because the plate of food contained its favorite fish and meat and it was really close to it, yet it didn't touch it.

Perhaps I didn't need to be shocked if that's the nature of cats but I didn't know much about cats anyway. I don't still know if this is the same with all cats but this particular one doesn't touch any food that doesn't belong to it.

Despite being hungry, it waited patiently for me to finish what I was doing to come and give it some meat and fish by myself before it would eat.

I was seriously impressed and it made me want to give it as much as possible. Funny thing is that when I give it, it could take it and run somewhere to secure while eating it, but it doesn't touch someone else's food.

It was a real eye-opener that a cat could have such discipline.

It made me begin to imagine what Nigeria would have become if we as Nigerians and our leaders had such discipline not to take what doesn't belong to us.

The Bible says, "righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34

That's why a nation so richly endowed and blessed by God, is yet the poverty capital of the world.

It because of sin (mindless stealing and corruption) which would bring reproach to any nation.

At this time when Nigeria is suffering much poverty, hardship, and reproach due to lack of discipline on the part of her leaders and people, Nigeria could surely do well to learn something from the cat.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) by Daniel7543: 9:40am On Apr 14
Jennyclay:
I love cat.
Cat is a very clean and neat animal.
Dirty men should learn how to maintain physical hygiene from cat undecided
cleanliness is next to godliness

Goodlady:
Sweet msg
both of u shld come and suck my preeq

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks / Nigerian Man Berates Church For Holding Service During Working Hours (Video) / Prophet Valentine Alloysiu: Atiku Will Win Presidency, INEC Will Announce Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.