Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Fasipe Speaks On Being Students’ Union President At UK Varsity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fasipe Speaks On Being Students’ Union President At UK Varsity (136 Views)

Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University / See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University / Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fasipe Speaks On Being Students’ Union President At UK Varsity by themomentng: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2023
Fasipe speaks on being Students’ Union President at UK Varsity, begins youth empowerment

Jeremiah Abiola Fasipe, Nigerian, is the President, Students’ Union, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom (UK).

Fasipe defeated five candidates with a total of 792 votes cast in his favour to be declared the winner of the contest.

With this landslide victory, the postgraduate student and Inspirational Individual Award winner, who is currently studying Public Relations and Crisis Management, became the 30th President, Students’ Union at the Sheffield Hallam University.

According to Fasipe, hardwork, resilience and determination saw him through victory, as he has always believed in himself and sees the victory as a dream comes true.

Fasipe, who sees his emergence as a step to greater accomplishments, said he is ready to use his position as the President of Students’ Union Government (SUG) to bring positive change to students, while promoting the image of Nigeria abroad.

The Oyo state-born says he is ready to foster the relationship between the Students’ Union and the University in order to improve students’ engagement, academic performance and experience.

He said, “I am so euphoric, this is the result of hardwork and determination. I have always dreamt of a day like this and I can’t thank God enough for making me witness this milestone.

“I want to seize this opportunity to improve students’ academic life in Sheffield Hallam University, making sure that students are well represented in every decision regarding their academic needs and uphold all the mandates upon which I am elected.”

Fasipe also uses the opportunity to encourage the students not to give up on their dreams, but aspire for greatness, saying that sometimes, the experience may not be enough, but our belief and determination should be our strength.

He continued: “Despite my growing up in penury, in Kirikiri town, Lagos, Nigeria, I never allowed uncontrollable circumstances to make me relinquish my dreams.

“I want to use this occasion to thank and appreciate all and sundry for their support and encouragement. I won’t have gone this far without them.”

However, Abiola National Development Scheme, a platform saddled with the responsibility of fostering national development in Nigeria is the brainchild of Jeremiah Abiola Fasipe.

He has, also, begun his maiden edition of a N5, 000, 000 Entrepreneurial Skill Empowerment Programme for 100 youths in honour, remembrance and celebration of his Mom, Mrs. Sarah Fasipe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasipe Speaks On Being Students’ Union President At UK Varsity by blackboy(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2023
A good sign.

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Students Find It Difficult To Graduate With First Class / Nans Zone-d Celebrates Hon. Igbalaye Iwa, 100-days In Office Ogsha / Who Is Studying Or Have Studied In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.