Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University (29988 Views)

See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University / Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden / Salihu Dasuki Is Youngest Senior Lecturer At Sheffield Hallam University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by nlfpmod: 7:59am On Oct 06, 2023
A Nigerian, Jeremiah Fasipe, has emerged as the President of the Students’ Union at Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom.

According to a statement released by the Representation and Democracy Team, the body that organised the election, Fasipe, who is currently a postgraduate student of Public Relations and Crisis Management, defeated five other candidates with 792 votes and was declared the winner.

Fasipe, also the winner of the Inspirational Individual Award became the 30th president of the university’s SUG.

Speaking with our correspondent on his victory, Fasipe said hard work, resilience and determination saw him through, noting that he has always believed in himself and viewed the victory as a dream come true.

He noted that his emergence as the president was a step toward greater accomplishments, saying that he would use his position to bring about positive change while promoting the image of Nigeria abroad.

He said that he is ready to foster the relationship between the students’ union and the university to improve students’ engagement, academic performance and experience.

“I am so euphoric. This is the result of hard work and determination. I have always dreamt of a day like this and I can’t thank God enough for making me witness this milestone.

“I want to seize this opportunity to improve students’ academic life at Sheffield Hallam University, making sure that students are well represented in every decision regarding their academic needs and uphold all the mandates upon which I am elected
” he assured.

He, however, encouraged the students not to give up on their dreams, but aspire for greatness, saying that experience may not be enough in some cases, but belief and determination should be strength.

He continued, Despite my growing up in penury, in Kirikiri town, Lagos, Nigeria, I never allowed uncontrollable circumstances to make me relinquish my dreams.

“I want to use this occasion to thank and appreciate all and sundry for their support and encouragement. I wouldn’t have gone this far without them

https://punchng.com/nigerian-emerges-student-union-president-at-uk-varsity/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1696542396

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by TemplarLandry: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2023
cool Omoluabi!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2023
undecided

Once you escape the shithole ruled by APc ..

There's hope for you..

Congratulations my brother.

you could have ended up like zombies of Nairaland wasting away on 30k/m stipend defending the indefensible..

129 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by HighQue007: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2023
Great

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by easyfem(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by iCauseTrouble: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by BarrElChapo(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2023
Would it have been different if he grew up in wealth 🤔?

15 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by FashionCookie(f): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2023
grin
Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by Neduzze5(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2023
All these South West boys sef....

This one don make me jealous sha.

Congrats to Omoluabi Jeremiah Fasipe.

N.B: My best friend is Yoruba cheesy

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by searchlight: 8:05am On Oct 06, 2023
Where you don't need to know Tinubu before getting a position

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by Skillsnigeria: 8:05am On Oct 06, 2023
That's good

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by FreeStuffsNG: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-emerges-student-union-president-at-uk-varsity/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1696542396
Penury bawo Alasodun. Smh.

You don't need to embellish your past, you don't have it all and nobody has it all. Anyone raised from 2000 upwards especially in this Lagos can never ever claim to live in penury.

It's this age you will see someone who is broke yet could afford to buy and charge/recharge
phone, data and even laptop! Some are even online trolling and cyberbullying 24/7 online on social media and Nairaland sef.

Abeg, if you want to see real penury, you should see the Lagos of the 1990s.

Congrats. Check my signature for free stuffs!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by iwaeda: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2023
[sup][/sup]
nlfpmod:

Let him keep his record intact and collect his diploma on time.God bless him, being poor should not condemned on to eternal poverty, God raise the poor from dung hills. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by usecondom(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2023
Great

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by luftw4ffe: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Penury bawo. Asodun. You don't need to embellish your past, you don't have it all and nobody has it all.

You sound like a bitter person

11 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by happney65: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2023
Yoruba Amaka. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by phemmyfour: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2023
What's his cgpa

Sug presidency won't get you work in a professional settings

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by ButterBerry: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2023
Before we celebrate him, let the school take proper verification of his secondary school certificate before another Ebola go surface o.

Na my opinion be that.
Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by 43Ronin: 8:08am On Oct 06, 2023
yoruba Christians making us proud. the former president was also a yoruba chriatain a gospel singer.

5 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by Jmarjr(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2023
Penury?? Yet u can afford visa and air fare and also pay that millions of school fees?? Wat is the definition of penury??

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by VictorOlaniyi(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2023
Good one for Nigeria. But Make he sha no emulate the Nigerian culture of embezzlement there. Leadership over there is majorly for service and delivery on mandate as against embezzlement and corruption here.

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by Kobicove(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2023
If him like make he go embezzle money, that place no be Nigeria where people think a political post is a licence to steal money undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by ShaqFu: 8:09am On Oct 06, 2023
Congrats is in order.

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by omoadeleye(m): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2023
But a slum boy was able to raised money in million to travel abroad and still pay tuition fees in dollars,

A slum boy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by wittywriter: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Awesome and might inspire some down trodden from bad economy because of bad leadership putting citizens into penury.
Jmarjr:
Penury?? Yet u can afford visa and air fare and also pay that millions of school fees?? Wat is the definition of penury??

omoadeleye:
But a slum boy was able to raised money in million to travel abroad and still pay tuition fees in dollars,

A slum boy

Wittyness.
Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by BigDawsNet: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Congratulations...

If you have the means... travel outside the country.. you have lots of potential but Nigeria factor maybe suppressing those gifts.... you won't know until you japa successfully

6 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by uuzba(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Why not?
UK will praise Nigerian students there so that you Nigerians here will sell your father's village and carry all the money and pay UK school fees to them there.
It's marketing. And they are very smart about it.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by emperor4love(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Jmarjr:
do you know if he got scholarship or had to work hard to pay fees

2 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2023
He should try to shun corruption please
He should not embezzle the money meant for the administration of student affairs

2 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by Bruisecruise: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2023
T
Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by MS2471: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2023
wink

Lamba

Politicians and grass to grace stories

Congratulations brother... You made us all proud

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University by Eriokanmi: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2023
I've always said this. Japa but with sense. Then, bring back opportunities later like most of us did. Nigeria is a good destination for SMEs to flourish. And to those who can't travel for studies, find good conferences relevant to your field abroad and attend. There are loads of opportunities there waiting for you, which aren't available locally, which you could bring back home. Google is free, use it. Use your data profitably, searching for them.

I can't imagine an able-bodied Nigerian youth waking up in the morning and begin to count ceilings from morning to evening cos no jobs. Meanwhile, in the advanced world, he'd have made some dollars at the end of the day. In 4 years, he'd have built a house of his choice in Nigeria in a good location, with legitimate money, what his generation never did in their entire life as civil servants or employee in a private sector.
Try and save money towards this and stop shouting government is bad on nairaland. Stop defending fraudulent politicians too, those who have succeeded in mortgaging your life. Use your time judiciously. Luckily, companies now do proof of funds for anyone who wants to pursue foreign education. This used to be a major challenge. The commission they charge to do this proof of funds isn't much. Even if this is all you could save towards, you'd be happy in the end. I don't know any of these companies but go online and do your research. Our leaders have messed up this country. Stop relying on their lies. Secure your future. My 50 cents.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pius Ojemolon Bags 19 Awards At University Of Benin Convocation / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. / Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.