Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:55 AM

₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele (16057 Views)

Emefiele Pumped ₦‎10Tn Into Economy Through Quasi-Fiscal Activities – Cardoso / Marketers Disagree With Taiwo Oyedele On Refineries Sale / Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS (2) (3) (4)

Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by BossGerald: 10:48am On Oct 03, 2023
inoki247:
Make dem sell that Jargons nd what's not working have staffs under dere payroll what's the work of doz staffs sef....

So you want to privatise our refineries that you once accused atiku of badly??
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by kajog: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2023
Budget maintenance for cadillac when u no gree drive no dey work.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by ppogba: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2023
EmmyDJourno:
Sold off to who please, this is Tinubu’s agenda from the beginning
To buy those refineries and make slaves of us forever
God help us

We should bother ourselves with the consequences of the sale and not who is the buyer.

Selling off the refineries is the truth we always want to shy away from.

The labor will always be against the sale because they will lose labor members yearly subscription.

Warri refinery.workers.are changing their.cars yearly without doing anything.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by uuzba(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2023
Judolisco:
years.... We should hand over d country to d whites... They are better administrators
It's not really a matter of better.
If there was another country like Nigeria and they called you a nigerian to handle that country,
you will do a good job.
1. Because it is not your country. You're an outsider.
2. You are not from any tribe there.
3. You stand to gain nothing by engaging in corruption.
4. The locals will remain fighting each other daily. But you will always have no personal enemy.
-
Nigeria's issue is that we are all insiders. We never agreed to form the country ourselves.
Outsiders just formed it on our head and began commanding us up and down.
The moment the outsiders left, we are unable to setup a working model to follow their leadership style!

UK is funny.
They fought each other very well. BUT A KING (Monarch) is heading all of them.
They all bow down to that King.
Their mornacy has been there since 1066.
This democracy their doing is still UNDER the monarchy.
The democracy sef is like messenger work. They've successfully put an Indian Prime minster as head and are sending the guy message like sheyge. But for their own oyibo king, they shut their mouth and pay respect.
-
As for US, they are all immigrants. They Travelled from Europe over to US to beat up and kill all the natives. Then seize their land.
Then later agree amonst themselves how to share/divide the land into states and how to run their laws.

Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Nolevel666: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2023
ecolime:

Well, that is why they are starting with Deziani. She and her goons stole the most.

Just don't scream 'victimization' once she is finally extradited to Nigeria
So that she can bribe your efcc and dss bah?
Let her be dealt with in the U.K!!
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by inoki247: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2023
BossGerald:

So you want to privatise our refineries that you once accused atiku of badly??

Show me anywhere you see me accusing badly or remain silent forever....

You think everybody's blind like you guy's...
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by prophetfire: 11:01am On Oct 03, 2023
slivertongue:
10 trillion diverted not spent on the Refinaries.
. Stuffed into the pockets of politicians and no work was done.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Kukutente23: 11:03am On Oct 03, 2023
nairalanda1:
Bad effect of subsidy. You sell petrol at a loss, you sell refined product at a loss, you pay a subsidy that does not cover the loss, and provides opportunity for stealing and looting and so on, and at the end, refinery go break down.

If there was no subsidy on petrol, the refineries would work, because damaging /sabotaging them would have made it difficult for them to make a profit. That is why Niger, Ghana and company have working refienries, because all the products of the refineries are sold at a profit. Subsidy on the other hand provides tonnes of opporutinity for looting. Like the one described above.

But in Nigeria, we kept subsidy on petrol (and until 2015 subsidy on diesel, kerosene, etc). Naturally, the only way to get money is by sabotage of the refinereis, meanwhile, because subsidy hinders profit making, the refineries won't work. (and since money is coming in under subsidy whether the refinery works or not, that even provides more opportunity for stealing).

I know people like to abuse me and to call me names for supporting subsidy removal (which I did since 2011) and I know that people would suffer if subsidy went completely.(Like now, fuel would be over N900) But we kept subsidy for over 40 years, and as a result the refineres are not working well. Venezuela has subsidy, and their refining capacity has completely gone kaput. They can't even supply Cuba with free fuel anymore...all because of thinking that fuel can be cheap.

Before you quote me to comment, would you allow government to subsidse the products you make and sell if you were a businessman? I think we know the answer.

There is no subsidy on GSM, no subsidy on hotel fees, no subsidy on foodstuff. Naturally, there is no scarcity and problematic issues there.

1. It's a lie. Subsidy did not kill refineries. Refineries were killed by govt bureaucracy instituted by IBB govt

2. Subsidy was removed on kerosene and diesel in 2010 not 2015. Diesel today is 1000 per liter. There's also a lot of adulterated diesel in the Nigerian market. Why have these problems not disappeared?

3. No subsidy on foodstuffs but foodstuffs are super expensive and seasonal with periods of scarcity like we have for rice presently and maize during dry season.

4. If I'm a businessman and govt wants to subsidise my products, I will have no problem with that. That's because the cost of subsidy covers production cost and even leaves room for profit.

5. Stop lying

Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by pandax: 11:04am On Oct 03, 2023
Creamypie:
yar Adua was planning to repair them, but death came sir

If you bought and parked a brand new 1980 Mercedes Benz since 1981, and brought it out in 2023 to drive it. The cost of refurbishing it might be equivalent to the cost of buying a new one as the parts are no longer available and its efficiency cannot be compared with the newer models.

The above scenario is exactly the situation of our Refineries and Ajaokuta Steel Mill. The big question is what do we do with them? Exactly what you will do with your Mercedes Benz above - sell it off

The N10trn already spent on these refineries TAM is equivalent to $10bn at today's exchange rate and was more than $20bn before the Tinubu exchange rate. The said amount can construct a modern GREENFIELD Refinery with at least 500 barrels per day output. Who did we offend in this country? Tinubu, if you can introduce CAPITAL PUNISHMENT for embezzlement of public funds above N65K, I will be your number one support in spite of...

Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Ezmans: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2023
ecolime:

Well, that is why they are starting with Deziani. She and her goons stole the most.

see opposition that kick against selling refineries under yaradua is now talking in favour of selling it again
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Bfly: 11:07am On Oct 03, 2023
You mean N10T siphon through repair of refinery.

Nigeria should start holding people responsible for failed project. If you can't do it then, don't accept it.

Incompetent connected people keep intimidating others to get position they are not capable of.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Ezmans: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2023
ecolime:

no more dangote refinery now it's now port Harcourt refinery by december
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Kukutente23: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2023
What kind of lie is this? 10trn in ten years equals 1trn per year. At present rate, that's $1bn per year
At 2015 rate, that's $5bn per year giving between $10-50bn in the last ten years.
That's a bloody lie.
This man is floating this kite of what they intend to do based on a cheap lie.
They know most Nigerians are too docile to investigate the claim and establish the truth.
This is how they sold subsidy is bad
This is how they claimed "floating" the naira is the solution to our forex problems.
Both ideas, despite all the propaganda surrounding them have left the country and its people worse than before they were implemented
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by karkinase(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2023
inoki247:
Make dem sell that Jargons nd what's not working have staffs under dere payroll what's the work of doz staffs sef....
Na the staff fighting tooth and nail not to be sold
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Trinicol3: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2023
Really? But how come illegal refineries work?
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by nairalanda1(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2023
Kukutente23:

1. It's a lie. Subsidy did not kill refineries. Refineries were killed by govt bureaucracy instituted by IBB govt

2. Subsidy was removed on kerosene and diesel in 2010 not 2015. Diesel today is 1000 per liter. There's also a lot of adulterated diesel in the Nigerian market. Why have these problems not disappeared?

3. No subsidy on foodstuffs but foodstuffs are super expensive and seasonal with periods of scarcity like we have for rice presently and maize during dry season.

4. If I'm a businessman and govt wants to subsidise my products, I will have no problem with that. That's because the cost of subsidy covers production cost and even leaves room for profit.

5. Stop lying

Yeah, yeah.

Whatever rocks your boat.

I didn't order you to agree with me.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by delishpot: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2023
Imagine rubbish talk?
So if you spend millions in building a house but the contractor embezzled your money, should the next step be to sell the land or to arrest the yeye contractor and punish him for his crimes? if possible won't you take all his assets, convert them to cash and use to continue your project with a new trustworthy contractor?
Corrupt people na still them them go buy am through their private partners
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by HRMK: 11:31am On Oct 03, 2023
HOW WOULD IT WORK WHEN THE STAFFS ARE KEPT THERE COLLECTING WAGES WITHOUT WORKING!ITS OBVIOUS A LOT OF SABOTAGE IS GOING ON THERE!!
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Ikpunnegi01: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2023
The shitehole will remain a Zoo..
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by BossGerald: 11:33am On Oct 03, 2023
inoki247:

Show me anywhere you see me accusing badly or remain silent forever....

You think everybody's blind like you guy's...

Chineke😳

Na so una deny buhari...omo double face dey una dna
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2023
It should be sold to igbo business men!

Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Bar1941(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2023
EmmyDJourno:
Sold off to who please, this is Tinubu’s agenda from the beginning
To buy those refineries and make slaves of us forever
God help us

If you have the money you can buy it; what matters to an average Nigerian is for it to work.

After spending 10trillion on refineries, yet they are not working, all you could type is "this is Tinubu's agenda from the beginning ", what a myopic way of reasoning! So another 10trillion should be wasted on it right?

If Tinubu buys it and it works productively, so be it it just have to work.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by stepaside1: 11:44am On Oct 03, 2023
Best advice ever. Yaradua made a big mistake reversing that sale in 2007. Missed opportunity
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Mayeldah(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2023
Treasure17:
Sold to who?

You are one of our problem, if you can manage it better, then apply

It should be sold off to private investors, whether they be Nigerian or foreigners
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by inoki247: 11:45am On Oct 03, 2023
BossGerald:

Chineke😳

Na so una deny buhari...omo double face dey una dna

The problem Abt you guy's when you accused someone blindly because he doesn't have the same view as yours and they ask you for evidence you look for another thing to talk....

Show me one single screenshot of where I come for Atiku for trying to sell the refinery....
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by caye(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2023
ecolime:

No.
Buhari and the Kyari family stole most.
They should face criminal charges first. Then I know you APC goons have a little conscience.
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by EmmyDJourno: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Bar1941:

If you have the money you can buy it; what matters to an average Nigerian is for it to work.

After spending 10trillion on refineries, yet they are not working, all you could type is "this is Tinubu's agenda from the beginning ", what a myopic way of reasoning! So another 10trillion should be wasted on it right?

If Tinubu buys it and it works productively, so be it it just have to work.

Born slave, born fool like you, mtchewww
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by EmmyDJourno: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Go and buy it na... arindin

Born slave, born fool like you, waste of school fees paid by your parents, coz a cow thinks better than you😅
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by Mvnster: 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
The National Assembly said we have spent over N10 trillion maintaining our refineries even when they have not produced anything

This is so crazy, that's why private sector is far better.
If it was possible to privitize govt it would have been better
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by ufotunang: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
pocom16:
If they are sold there is no guarantee that the buyer will bring them back to life.. remember ajaokuta.

It is government responsibility to restore them back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKfJULWC02E
.... federal government so far has spent 10 trillion naira to restore and bring them back...but cannot bring the refineries back till now with 10 trillion naira spent so far... because of corruption and government officials diverting some of the 10 trillion naira to their bank accounts to enrich themselves...so the more money is pumped into the refinery by federal government the more the government officials will divert the money to their bank accounts and enrich themselves
Re: ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele by ufotunang: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Nawaoooo..10 trillion naira...for repairs of the brefineries and refineries are still not working till now ...10 trillion naira alone is enough to build 10 refineries in nigeria sef..let them sell the refineries to the private sector, private individuals to operate and run them

Ogun State Governors Till Date / Buhari Under Fire Over Arms Panel’s Exemption Of Dambazau In Latest Probe Report / 2023: Labour Party Holds Townhall Meeting In Nasarawa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49