Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? (699 Views)

Nigerians Are Really Suffering / Fuel Scarcity, No Electricity: Nigerians Are Really Suffering – Ben Bruce / A Wealth Of Sorrow: Why Nigeria’s Abundant Oil Reserves Are Really A Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

I know and understand you, this idea of yours should be church task, let them do it for their members alone. Even if we contribute money, it's among us that we still steal the money. Then, some would think why will I contribute my hard earned money for one ingrate to be rich? why can't you contribute for me also?.
Why should it be church task? Don't you feel pain when you go out and see poor people, how do you feel when someone tells you he is hungry. Have you ever stayed hungry before? Imagine someone without food and no hope of eating and you think it is only church that should be involved.
It doesn't matter whether the person is grateful to you or not, you do it for the sake of humanity. There is a joy you feel when you contributed in someone's success.
We can contribute to you if you can show you are truly in need. That is you lack food,shelter,etc. Your need may be to buy a new phone or a car or to build a house but there is someone out there that is in pains because of hunger.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Tohsynetita1: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Soylife:

Why should it be church task? Don't you feel pain when you go out and see poor people, how do you feel when someone tells you he is hungry. Have you ever stayed hungry before? Imagine someone without food and no hope of eating and you think it is only church that should be involved.
It doesn't matter whether the person is grateful to you or not, you do it for the sake of humanity. There is a joy you feel when you contributed in someone's success.
We can contribute to you if you can show you are truly in need. That is you lack food,shelter,etc. Your need may be to buy a new phone or a car or to build a house but there is someone out there that is in pains because of hunger.

Am not saying I don't help people but it will be more easy for church to do than individual. Some might be scared of any backfire from the action . There's a man I gave money sometimes and he still call me regularly to collect money, it's a bike man that told me he doesn't have any job than to beg and after begging he goes to Alcohol joint to squander it.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Wawelexy(m): 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
Soylife:

Only me can't do it, I don't have the resources to do it but if we come together we can achieve something bigger. Imagine if we give a youtuber with quality content a million views. We have lifted one out of poverty. Imagine if we contribute a meager 200#. Calculate how many people we can help. We can do much more together. We complain that economy is bad, poverty is increasing but we don't discuss how we can help. We see ourselves as babies that government should provide everything for.
If it is to gather as tribes and Insult ourselves from morning till night, you will see people ready. If it is to vote for bbnaija, you will see lots of youths gather cash to do so. If it is to dash bet companies billions every week, you will see people ready to do so but to help poor people, people without hope of eating, they start to give excuse.
It is well

You have still not done what I asked of you... I said why not take the lead, I didn't say you should do it alone... I mean just make a move first and see if people will turn up or not. If you keep typing from now till tomorrow, you are still part of those categories you typed up there, cos you made no attempt.... What is the first step to this your idea or solution? Take it, let others follow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Edits His Profile On Wikipedia, Adds Adekunle To His Name / Tinubu Is The Emilokan Of Cluelessness As Naira Hits All-time Low / How Prophet Kingsley Accurately Predicted Namibia President’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.