Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Pls Read: In Search Of A Technical School For Deaf And Dumb Within Lagos Or Ogun. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Read: In Search Of A Technical School For Deaf And Dumb Within Lagos Or Ogun. (1680 Views)

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate / Help: A Technical School For Special(deaf And Dumb) Children Within Lag Or Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Pls Read: In Search Of A Technical School For Deaf And Dumb Within Lagos Or Ogun. by Eebrahym(m): 1:23am On Oct 21, 2011
Hello fellow colleagues, please kindly assist with any information wrt the caption.
This special child in question is a boy, very smart and intelligent but can neither speak nor hear normally like his colleagues. He is not totally dumb but his speaking is almost not different from that of a baby trying to learn how to speak. He's only 10years old. He's very good in fields like construction and repairs according to his parents, he loves studying and carrying out repairs on faulty electronics at home as well as constructing things imaginatively.
According to his teacher, With little or no assistance, he can work on arithmetics and quantitative reasoning but finds English language and other subjects very boring and difficult due to his condition.
He is currently attending a private primary school where his parent spends huge amount of money to make him comfortable and feel good among his peers but this isn't the best approach to my own opinion. I therefore adviced the parents to quest for good technical school for deaf students where his talent can be enhanced, appreciated and a means of communication will be learnt by him rather than wasting time and money on a private school that handles him just like every other normal children.
So at this juncture, may I ask your own opinion and recommendation(s) of schools that can handle this type of case within lagos or Ogun state.
I.ll be very glad if nairalanders can show positive response to this thread as it will go a long way in the life of both the child and the parent.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls Read: In Search Of A Technical School For Deaf And Dumb Within Lagos Or Ogun. by yamakuza: 12:41am On Oct 22, 2011

(1)

An Update On Ongoing ASUU Negotiations Following Two Recent Meetings With The VP / Kadpoly Vote For Asup Strike To Continue / Auchi Poly 2014/2015 Post Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.