Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Am I about to have a stroke ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am I about to have a stroke ? (1265 Views)

Please Advice Me On How A Stroke Patient Can Recover Quickly / Help - My Dad Just Had A Stroke / How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I about to have a stroke ? by ConfidentialDoc: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2023
Your body typically is rigged with several early warning systems.
The case of stroke is no different.
Your body can warn you as early as 30 days before a cerebro-vascular accident (CVA).

High Blood Pressure:
Imagine your blood as it flows through your body's highways (arteries). It pushes gently against the artery walls. Normally, we'd want this pressure to be around 120/80. But if it consistently goes higher, like 140/90, it's a sign of high blood pressure. High blood pressure can weaken the vessel walls and lead to clots, increasing the risk of a stroke.

Fatigue:
Feeling tired all the time might be a sign that something isn't quite right. Lack of sleep, stress, and an unbalanced diet can contribute to this feeling. It's like your body's way of saying, "Pay attention!"

Vision Problems:
Vision issues can be a clue that blood isn't flowing smoothly to your brain. Blurriness, double vision, or even losing vision in one or both eyes are signs to watch out for.

Sudden Headaches:
Headaches can come in different types, but when they're severe and accompanied by other symptoms, it's like your body sending a message in code. Paying attention to these can help reduce the risk of a stroke.

Numbness or Weakness in Limbs
:
Feeling numb or weak in your face, arms, or legs isn't normal. It could be a hint that something is wrong, especially if it's combined with other signs.

Difficulty Speaking:
Struggling with speaking, like stuttering or slurring words, could indicate a problem with your brain. It's like your brain and tongue aren't working together properly.

Memory Problems:
While forgetting things is a part of life, recent research suggests that memory loss could be linked to an increased risk of stroke, especially in those with higher education levels.

Loss of Balance:
If you find yourself stumbling or feeling off-balance frequently, it could be a sign that something is affecting the coordination center in your brain.

Nausea and Vomiting:
When blood flow to your brain is disrupted, it can lead to nausea and vomiting. These symptoms might indicate a problem, although they can also be caused by other factors.

Conclusion:
Understanding these nine warning signs of a stroke is like having a map to help keep you safe on your health journey. While there might not be specific signs months before a stroke occurs, taking care of your overall health and paying attention to these indicators can make a big difference. Share this knowledge with your friends and loved ones to help everyone lead healthier lives. Stay safe and take care of yourselves!

Send a message

2 Likes

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by Cruise777: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2023
Met one man at CBN seminar close to UI, he was annoyingly slurring and slurping his speech and I was very annoyed until a doctor told me the man isn't well
Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by AfonjaEkiti: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2023
Cruise777:
Met one man at CBN seminar close to UI, he was annoyingly slurring and slurping his speech and I was very annoyed until a doctor told me the man isn't well

Shatap

1 Like

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by Ballotti: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2023
Go and check on TIEFNUBU please. . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by smokinloud(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2023
This section is for politics!.

1 Like

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by JealousCobra(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2023
Cruise777:

Agbadorians, docile entities 🤔🤔😳

Meanwhile Op. . . copied that!!

1 Like

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by TANID(m): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2023
I learned
Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by ConfidentialDoc: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
TANID:
I learned

Nice to know

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by ConfidentialDoc: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
JealousCobra:

Agbadorians, docile entities 🤔🤔😳

Meanwhile Op. . . copied that!!

If I did I would have cited the source... I simplified it from my textbooks

1 Like

Re: Am I about to have a stroke ? by Premiumbuy(m): 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
thanks for this educative post

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Skin Rash After Bath / 50 Common Cognitive Distortions By Alice Boyes, Ph.d. / 23 Amazing Health Benefits Of Onions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.