Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa (13021 Views)

For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand / Policeman Kills Youth For Insisting On Sighting Election Result Sheet / I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2011
sley4life:

How are the policemen in Nigeria recruited? We must ask ourselves this question. In developed countries they taste their mental alertness and state. We don't recruit psycho as cops. Until we start with their mode of recruitment we'll still experience such incident by trigger happy cops
The Nigeria Poverty Family is like a cult;promising good but doing the best of all evils.As per recruitment,I don't think there is any merit used while employing other than the normal man-know-man syndrome that has crippled credibility in Nigeria.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by crackhouse(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
jkcil comp:

Ahhh Bros i join u o. been harboring the thought of knowing my rights and standing my grounds one day but with this one, i conclude dat the fight is not mine

Hmmm, na wa o.
then whose fight is it? Eh, You cowards. it is because of people like u that our bad leaders will continue to loot money and make things difficult for the poor masses without fear because they know u can't look them in the eye and speak against their evil deeds. People like u will dig a hole and hide if revolution starts in this country. With people like u, the liberated countries won't be liberated today.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by member479760: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
This is time for GEJ to wake up!
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Ayowumie(m): 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2011
Sometimes i wonder if there is hope at all in this country.
I think we are better off without the police as we presently have them.

Am sure no body will investigate anything. They dont investigate and if they do they will blame it on accidental discharge.

God, have mercy on us that are non-police officers o
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2011
This is the same way they killed Boko Haram members that eventually claimed many innocent lives. When will these psychotic animals in black uniforms learn? Only God knows how many of them were killed by BH in retaliation. They killed one soldier last time, soldier killed 6 of them in retaliation including DPO and CSP, still they didn't learn. And @doctowus is saying Nigerians hate police. May be when your family member is murdered the same way, you'll have your sense back to criticise the evil thing we called Naija Police.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Serendipity: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2011
This grim news hit me like thunderbolt.
I mean, how could someone, that sucked his mother's bosom, have unleashed such reprehensible act on an innocent youth?
It's revolting as it is callous.

RIP Emmanuel!
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
Why are we just talking? Is there no way to take this up and get justice? Even if we eventually don't get justice, is there a way to make more noise about it?

You have a point. What about creating a website dedicated to videos about police brutality? It will be critically analyzed and a action against such will be device to battle it.  Anyone can film an incident and upload it there accessible to all Nigerians and the whole world.

What do you think?
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
nakedall:

This is time for GEJ to wake up!
Hahaha the maga is on top of the situation.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
it is an unimaginable grief and agony watching your son being brutally murdered by legalized armed robbers who call themselves police. the profession is indeed a cursed one. the fact that this is happening everyday and everywhere in Nigeria shows that we are not safe from the police and as such we should see them as our enemy and treat them as one. it used to be drivers now they are turning to children.

agreeably, Boko haram is devilish but they are better than the police who pretend to be our protector and who indeed is the opposite. this has been happening for so long and none of them has been hanged or even dismissed for it. is this the democracy we shed blood for?  who will come to our aid on this country? a mother that carried a child in her belly for nine months, nurtured him through thick and thin into a fully grown adult and be made to witness the child killed unjustly because one police mas was angry. with tears and a very heavy heart, I invoke the wrath of God on those people.

worse still are hatred the peddlers. they preach hatred based on tribal and religious differences to wreck havoc and promote killing among the poor ones to forestall their unity. rather than  providing food for the poor they prefer to buy ammunition for them to fight their wars while their own children are chilling in their posh houses abroad they acquired with blood money.

fellow Nigerians, let us shelve our tribal and religious differences, unite and come out with one strong voice and fight our enemy. unemployment, hunger, unlawful killing etc is common to all tribes and faithfuls of all religion in Nigeria why then should we not come together and present a very strong front against the enemy.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Abuloma80(f): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
Jybz:

have u ever wandered why Most Police Men, Die Mysteriously?
Curses are jst too much on der Heads,

It has equally been said that "No matter their skin color (even the fair ones) when they die, they turn abnormaly BLACK"
There was an incident at a mortuary, when an identity of a corpse was asked (as to wheither it was a police), the mortuary attendant
answered by saying it cannot be, because all police turn Black after they die. So i quite agree that "curses are too much on their heads.

My sympathy for the family especially the mother. May God protect us from these bunch of ruthless and heartless ones among them. Amin!!
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Iolo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2011
Truth is that the Nigerian Police Force is the prime destination of people who take up the job cause there's no other option. Just ask any Policeman if he likes being a Policeman and hear what they say (besides being able to beat up anybody they want to).

The NPF houses all the Olodo's, Drop-outs, and Misfits in the country so it's basically a system of people who don't know what they doing.

I wonder why the Fed Govt can't institute a serious overall where they'll sack anyone who's not fit for the job and put in graduates (Bsc, Msc, HND, OND) as Inspectors, DPOs and such so the NPF can be less of a place for secondary school drop-outs who drink beer on duty.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by johndavid1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2011
Abuloma80:

[/b]

[b]It has equally been said that "No matter their skin color (even the fair ones) when they die, they turn abnormaly BLACK"
There was an incident at a mortuary, when an identity of a corpse was asked (as to wheither it was a police), the mortuary attendant
answered by saying it cannot be, because all police turn Black after they die. So i quite agree that "curses are too much on their heads.

My sympathy for the family especially the mother. May God protect us from these bunch of ruthless and heartless ones among them. Amin!!

Amen! oooo may the Gentle Emma's soul rest in peace ooo, chai! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
Any public institution that starts with N.
NPF, NNPC, NEPA, NPA, NDDC,etc

Guy you make sense well well. E bi like say that N letter na caused letter for this our failed nation ooo. Wahala dey ooo

As for those of you saying this is simplistic and none of your business. This could happen to anybody. Apart from those wey get level  sad.

Our olokpa dem no get control. Robots better pass dem.  Well, what do you expect, when many barely went to primary school and are mentally unstable.
Their own na shoot and ask questions later. Dem go call you suspect and say make u write stupid statement before hearing what truly happened.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Arosa(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
the naija police are the most useless sets of animals in this world. how can a police kill an unarmed man and steal his bible?  sad sad sad
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Iolo(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2011
The woman whose son they killed should sue the hell out of the NPF, particularly the individuals who carried out the shooting (they need to go to jail) and the organization itself. When the mumu people begin paying for their crimes in cash and jail time they wake up.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by question(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^^ Are you talking about sueing Nigerian Police? in Nigeria?.
Is this an advice or a wish?
LOL.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2011
Olodostein:

Guy you make sense well well. E bi like say that N letter na caused letter for this our failed nation ooo. Wahala dey ooo

As for those of you saying this is simplistic and none of your business. This could happen to anybody. Apart from those wey get level  sad.

Our olokpa dem no get control. Robots better pass dem.  Well, what do you expect, when many barely went to primary school and are mentally unstable.
Their own na shoot and ask questions later. Dem go call you suspect and say make u write silly statement before hearing what truly happened.

The N which stands for Nigeria is the real problem.maybe they just change to Police Force.
Iolo:

The woman whose son they killed should sue the hell out of the NPF, particularly the individuals who carried out the shooting (they need to go to jail) and the organization itself. When the mumu people begin paying for their crimes in cash and jail time they wake up.
The only arm of government to look up to against police brutality is the judiciary i.e is only if they can adopt the strictest punishment for every police brutality.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by BashMe1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2011
Won't be surprised that a day will come when Nigeria will only not revolutionised just as Libya did but also split, This is total DISMAY. Bleep THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE. Bleep 'EM ALL! IN FRONT OF HIS MOTHER, Bleep 'EM ALL POLICE!!! embarassed cry cry
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by softtouch2(m): 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2011
I expect ALL militant group in Nigeria to start cleaning up our country by killing police on check-points, if this can be achieved even Politicians will be less corrupt.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by dozai: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2011
Serendipity:

This grim news hit me like thunderbolt.
I mean, how could someone, that sucked his mother's bosom, have unleashed such reprehensible act on an innocent youth?
It's revolting as it is callous.

RIP Emmanuel!
hHAHAHAHAHAH, I laf in boko haram, Question 1, Where are many of the policemen you meet in SS, SW, SE from grin
Then ur guess will be as good as mine, whose bossom they sucked. (camel, goat, cow, donkey etc)
U expect them to behave like humans HELL NO!!!!!
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Iolo(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2011
question:

^^^^ Are you talking about sueing Nigerian Police? in Nigeria?.
Is this an advice or a wish?
LOL.

My broda, it's an advice. There was this case of a lady who was molested by some military men attached to a top gun in the military. Someone caught a video of it and sent it to CNN iReport. The woman sued and i think she was settled a hefty sum. The top gun who was being protected was also punished to an extent by a military tribunal.

Am giving very vague details cause can't correctly remember but this case was very popular when it happened and am too lazy to Google right now as on a mobile.

My point is the people begin to sue (it's not like the judges will reject the case or anything), the more attention is drawn to the issue. The NPF would spend a lot more money on legal fees and settlements (Money that the Fed Govt and NASS won't be happy about). Then you have the negative publicity and al. All these things I believe would make them wake up.

I just think we need to stop suffering in silence in this country.

I hear in the US some lawyers will take on a case for free for a share of spoils (settlement), the woman can search for such options if lawyer fees is a problem.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by softtouch2(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2011
I need to know how to make bombs, With what Police has done to me in the past, I just need to kill some. Maybe the rest will learn.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by luluosas(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
Oh! Emmanuel, may your Soul rest in Peace. In Tunisia, a single man sets himself ablaze and the rest citizens took it from there. In Nigeria, even in the midst of the wickedness perpetrated by our useless Policemen and politicians, we only complain, without doing anything. This Country is fully ripe for Revolution. Where do we start?
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by obelisk(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
cry
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
Iolo:

My broda, it's an advice. There was this case of a lady who was molested by some military men attached to a top gun in the military. Someone caught a video of it and sent it to CNN iReport. The woman sued and i think she was settled a hefty sum. The top gun who was being protected was also punished to an extent by a military tribunal.

Am giving very vague details cause can't correctly remember but this case was very popular when it happened and am too lazy to Google right now as on a mobile.

My point is the people begin to sue (it's not like the judges will reject the case or anything), the more attention is drawn to the issue. The NPF would spend a lot more money on legal fees and settlements (Money that the Fed Govt and NASS won't be happy about). Then you have the negative publicity and al. All these things I believe would make them wake up.

I just think we need to stop suffering in silence in this country.

I hear in the US some lawyers will take on a case for free for a share of spoils (settlement), the woman can search for such options if lawyer fees is a problem.
You are talking about the Arogundade case right ? If that should happen,the judiciary will have to rise to the challenges !
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2011
What's going on in Nigeria!? The future of our youths in that country has been tampered with.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
Okija_juju:

You pick up a bunch of idi'ots, dont train them properly on the law they are suppose to be enforcing, give them heavy arms, underpay them and set them loose on Nigerians, what did we think would be the outcome?!

Nice summary.

What I have been thinking for a while.

Okija_juju:

I remember one night when my dads car broke down a few k/m's from our house, and my dad came home and got myself and some other dude who was staying with us to come help push the car home. Half way home, a friend of his saw us pushing the car and decided to give us a tow home. just a few feet to our street, we ran into a checkpoint (this checkpoint has been there since forever and you would think they would have recognized us as residents in the neighbourhood). Thats how they stopped us at about 9:30 in the evening, and asked us for a tow-permit. Long story short, my mum who is a lawyer was pissed and trying to tell the officer that he was wrong and he just pulled up his rifle, aimed at her face (standing just a few meters from her) and had barely lifted the barrel just slightly above her head when two shots rang out. My dear!!  That was my lesson in life never to f'ucks with the police,  That check-point dis-banded immediately because after the shots rang out, the officer incharge ran up, took away the other officers fire arm and loaded him into their pick-up and they drove off.

The fear of Nigerian police is the beginning of wisdom,  just saying

That muthafcker needs to be found and slaughtered.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Iolo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2011
@Bluetooth

Thanks that's it.

Just Googled and here's a link to the original story and the 100million naira settlement the court awarded the lady.

davidajao.com/blog/2008/11/09/rear-admiral-harry-arogundade/

nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-388585.0.html

Maybe when Nigerians begin using Police/Military brutality cases as a means of getting rich in mass (the next Yahoo-Yahoo) this people will wake up.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by yimzy(f): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2011
we r doom-laden in the aims of police that suppose to be protecting us ,
Nigerians! we r doom. Dear Mother take hrt it hurts us too as a youth.  sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Wexelion(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
The only difference between them and boko haram is that they wear uniforms.  angry angry
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Wilfredng: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2011
POLICE Honestly am yet to find out the duty of these set of m.a.d .m.e.n in Nigeria.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by DrDre1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2011
Another rubbish. I've given up on Nigeria already. Just waiting for a revolution to start. Nigeria will remain the same until there's a bloody revolt. The CLO has spoken so? It's not the first time CLO will talk. This will be forgotten in a couple of days at most. Nigeria is a failed state already IMO. The earlier we accept the reality the better. What we need now is ACTION!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Praises Ugwuanyi’s Achievements In Enugu / U.S. To Slap "Terrorist" Label On Boko Haram Militants / Dogara Gives Jibrin 7-days To Retract Libelous Allegations, Or Face Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.