Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 (16532 Views)

Burnley Vs Chelsea (1 - 4) On 7th October 2023 / Southampton Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 7th October 2018 / Fulham Vs Arsenal - (1 - 5) On 7th October 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by frankson1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

The only mistake De gea ever made was refusing or failing to evolve with the game of modern football.

Anyone that said Onana was brought in as a better shot stopper must be drunk or stupid.

Your duty as a keeper shouldn't end with blocking shots, then you go on to huff or lob balls into the moon, which is worsened when your team needs to keep the possession or ball.

Ohh... Onana's "evolve with the game of modern football" is going on very smoothly as we've conceded less number of goals than the number of games played.

If Onana wasn't brought in as a better shot stopper, then what was he brought in for

A Keeper's first duty is stopping the ball from getting into his net but since you've given a different role to a Keeper, Onana should start juggling the ball and stop making attempts at stopping it.

I won't argue with you but the thing is, we're seeing the better version of De Gea in Onana.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Nazgul: 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
doggedfighter:
It's now you want to talk grin

No loud am o. Folake4u is coming for you😂

But buy me Smirnoff ice let's celebrate ,sha
I'm on top of Chelsea. Anything their fans say is noise.

Oya de come my side. 💃💃💃

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2023
frankson1:

Ohh... Onana's "evolve with the game of modern football" is going on very smoothly as we've conceded less number of goals than the number of games played.

If Onana wasn't brought in as a better shot stopper, then what was he brought in for

A Keeper's first duty is stopping the ball from getting into his net but since you've given a different role to a Keeper, Onana should start juggling the ball and stop making attempts at stopping it.

I won't argue with you but the thing is, we're seeing the better version of De Gea in Onana.

You are being needlessly harsh on Onana...! This is just his first season which has just started.

It's just too early to condemn the young man.

De Gea's time actually ended at least 2 seasons ago... It was obvious that he was starting to unravel.

He even lost his starting role in his national team 2 years ago.
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by omooba969(m): 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Congrats to Man Utd but this win doesn't mean that the storm is over o! cool
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by enemyofprogress: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
prinsam30:

omo na stew and rice I dey arrange ooo
abeg bring am out make we take celebrate for here now
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by enemyofprogress: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
omooba969:
Congrats to Man Utd but this win doesn't mean that the storm is over o! cool
it is far from being over
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
The rejected stone became the SALVATION of Old Trafford today.

Guardiola Jnr owes Scott an apology and some serious respect.

ETH needs to sit some players on the bench... He should not be scared to go the unconventional way, even if it means bringing kids from the academy.

I thought Kobbie Mainoo was back from injury...!

Kobbie Mainoo, Amad Diallo, Hannibal Mejbri, and Alejandro Garnacho will be the ones to save ETH this season...!

Rashford should be on the bench and may be used as substitute.
He plays as if he's doing ManU a favour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by enemyofprogress: 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
omooba969:

Don't mind enemyofprogress, his judgement on football matters is that of an emotional fan - so flat. grin
I go wound you o
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by policy12: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
Cmanforall:

Rashford should be on the bench and may be used as substitute.
He plays as if he's doing ManU a favour

God bless you, he is not passionate about winning the ball whenever he loses it. I think he want to leave, Ten Hag shu bench him and play more or Garnacho or someone else.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Trojan8(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
bentenny:

So good?
Are you serious about this statement?
Who was the goalie and defenders last season who shipped in 8 goals in one match against Liverpool?
Mind you none of the defenders in manutd in the last 4-5 years have left the club except for the new addition last season from ajax Martinez!
Yet de gea has been making awesome saves for united!
If not for him,Liverpool would have scored manutd 10 goals at anfield!
That's how bad the defence was and still is!

Stop talking spoil. DDG didn't do anything beautiful to save United against Liverpool. Infact, he conceded the first 7 shots on target he faced before saving a shot.

No need trying to ACT like he saved United further embarrassment.
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Emeka71(m): 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wizpa:
Goal!!!
Home things.
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by AwokenVawulence: 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
blowjohn:
I don't get.
I tot it was 0:1 around 89 mins or so

My tickets entered sha.
Carried all 4 English matches over 2.5.

Then substituted one match in the other tickets.

So all my tickets entered.

Well. What luck

Boss u fit give me something abeg

1 Like

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Badadvisor: 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
Love this club 4L

1 Like

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by greggng: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
How did man u manage to win ...?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by prinsam30: 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
enemyofprogress:
abeg bring am out make we take celebrate for here now

everybody is invited except angelfrost that guy no get joy for Man u grin
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Bliss52: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
Finestgurlie:
you want to sleep with me 😭 😭

But Seun why exactly are you allowing this lunatic do this on your platform

I hope he doesn't provoke people who will run a cyber attack

You seem intelligent on Twitter for this lunatic to run things
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by samwash(m): 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Abeg free Onana... De Gea was as bad if not worse in his first season. Only say he was lucky to have better defenders and attackers around him.

Onana is good... Your entire team is ridiculously average and pathetic.

You can't hang all blames on the keeper.

Let's assume he didn't allow in that goal, so you guys would have remained goalless till Scott McTominay came in to save your asses?!!

Pathetic and average players. Lol! grin

You can't say De Gea was bad in his first season, De Gea was never a bad goalie.
The problem in his first season was communication in English language.
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by bentenny(m): 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
Trojan8:

Stop talking spoil. DDG didn't do anything beautiful to save United against Liverpool. Infact, he conceded the first 7 shots on target he faced before saving a shot.

No need trying to ACT like he saved United further embarrassment.
In other words,he saved manutd from conceding an extra goal to make it a more than historic 8 goals grin
All the goals aside the last two goals were school boy errors from the defenders in front of him!
Aside this game,De gea has been saving manutd's behind for years but as its always said....you will never appreciate what you have until you lose it!
Enjoy your Onana!
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by smartr: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
Even Maguire give assist. Miracle no dey tire Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by omooba969(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
enemyofprogress:
I go wound you o

Abeg no wound me o! grin 🙌
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by aysnoopy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
osazsky:
Goal united..hag still remain d best coach in England Ronaldo fans can go and die or join him in walahi talahi league

This Ur comment na mumu talk
Why can't u just draw Galatasaray and even ordinary crystal palace, small narrow win, u dey shout.
I be united fans I swear but Ur comment is sh*t
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Honestfrend: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Jokerman(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
aysnoopy:

Why can't u just draw Galatasaray and even ordinary crystal palace, small narrow win, u dey shout.

That guy na man city fan
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by folake4u(f): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
Nazgul:

I'm on top of Chelsea. Anything their fans say is noise.

Oya de come my side. 💃💃💃

Lmao. Because una manage score second goal? Today's match was just average. undecided
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by Chinoval: 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
aysnoopy:

He isn't a man u fan.
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by mpi210: 12:44am On Oct 08, 2023
MAN UNITED FANS REACTION TO MAN UNITED 2-1 BRENTFORD | MCTOMINAY SUDDEN DEATH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqeI-QVAp4
Re: Manchester United vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 7th October 2023 by padi94(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2023
Omo Rashford is something else, I blame United's heirachy for this... They hype him to be golden boy but he doesn't want it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Burnley Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 19th April 2018 / Manchester United Vs Reading FA Cup (3 - 1) On 28th January 2023 / Arsenal Vs Huddersfield (5 - 0) On 29th November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.