Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? (64013 Views)

Abuja Greenery Foreign Residence And Poor Neighborhood | Drone Shot Of Abuja / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Onikan, Lagos Is The 3rd Coolest Neighborhood In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by abba190: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
While in Brazil, I once stayed in a Favela, that is what they call their ghetto there.

Favela is actually the name of a tree that grows on the hill where they built houses, and over time they started called houses built on a hill in similar fashion a Favela.

One day I decided to film my journey while I walked through the favela I was staying. It was a mistake and I will never do it again.

In the favelas, there are always drug dealers, and if they think you are an undercover cop, they can easily take action and get rid of you. So walk around with a camera was a dumb move on my part.

Someone approached me about it, he was not happy, and he explained to me and everything was cool after. I stopped recording right away.

Which neighborhood in which country did you go?
go back and collect those girls numbers for me pls
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Kobicove(m): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
TundeEdnut35:
my cousin was almost shot dead in Soweto, he went there for outreach so hoodlums accosted him to remove his chain and wristwatch as he was pretending to handover the items to them he zoomed off the chased after his car shot his car thank God he was able to escape, God saved him that day

So he risked his life because of ordinary wrist watch and gold chain that can be replaced? undecided

I'm very sure the wrist watch was not a Rolex or Audemars Piguet so what was the point in taking such a risk?

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Machinegun91(m): 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
I'm a south African xenophobic mugu, living in a Nigerian ghetto.
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by StJasper(m): 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
illicit:
Let me know if u have been to Akrabata in Modakeke

Omo, Akarabata na another world entirely ooo!!

That place pass ghetto. That's the place I shot a ghetto musical video for one budding musical artiste in 2012.

You go see other ghettos as heaven or paradise if you visit Akarabata.

The guy and his crew were shocked when I took them there.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Cyrus176(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
You go fuel house carry matches follow body.
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by illicit(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
StJasper:

Omo, Akarabata na another world entirely ooo!!

That place pass ghetto. That's the place I shot a ghetto musical video for one budding musical artiste in 2012.

You go see other ghettos as heaven or paradise if you visit Akarabata.

The guy and his crew were shocked when I took them there.

Lol

I took a corper from Adamawa there

He nearly bolted, he thought I brought him there for ritual lol

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Greatinanout: 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
Cute ladies
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by StJasper(m): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
illicit:

Lol

I took a corper from Adamawa there

He nearly bolted, he thought I brought him there for ritual lol

Omo, I respect their juju for Akarabata oooo!!

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2023
jjbest123:
A country I will love to visit during wifey pregnant time.

She will deliver in this country,if I am yet to be in Malta by then.

So help me God.
Ugh...I love Malta so dearly, even though I've never been there in person. However, my late father has. Diplomat life, I guess that was why...

Anyways, I do love Malta. Its people are quite friendly, low-crime rate against foreigners and locals. Especially whenever I watch the MTV Isle of Malta festival show. The young women are beautiful and seem down-to-earth. You know there are black and white locals of the nation. So as a Nigerian, you could blend in seamlessly.

Lol, some years ago when I was still interested in the concept of marriage, I used to tell (more like deceive myself) myself that I would get married to a Maltan (i don't know if this word exists in the context I'm using it in o) lady and move to the US to live with her. grin

Dreams, sha 😅 . But that was then.
Now, I'm not interested in all of that.

Thumbs up to Malta still. 👍

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
abba190:
LMAO.
You are just a case. cheesy
I laughed.
He should go back , all the way... hahaha.
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Calitoscassius(m): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
99thEnemy:

I heard there are Yoruba Brazilians.

Those who were taken as slaves by the Portuguese slavers but retained speaking the Yoruba language.
Yes, but the yoruba they speak is not typical just similar, there are other african tribes who were take to Brazil by the Portuguese as slaves.
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by indigenous234(f): 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
You call this ghetto. This is Lekki 😂😂
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Starhearts: 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
Can u speak Portuguese??

I once stay in Feira de Santana b4 l move to Cyprus
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Starhearts: 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sensiblerealist:
God save you say dem noor forget Kala for yaa head b4 confirmation

Brasilia no dey operate like dat...

I once stay in Feira de Santana...
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by seguno2: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
Maj196:
Brazil is a shithole, nothing special

Are you one of the 200 million Nigerians who have the highest number of children out of school and the highest number of extreme poverty paupers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Starhearts: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
abba190:

U too like toto
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by richiemcgold: 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
illicit:

Akarabata line 1 & line 2 used to be my regular joint back then around year 2000when I was in OAU. Boys no get joy for that place o. Although I don't know if it is still like that now.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by owolabi5: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
grin
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by stasius: 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lol
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by airsaylongcome: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
jjbest123:
A country I will love to visit during wifey pregnant time.

She will deliver in this country,if I am yet to be in Malta by then.

So help me God.

Malta! Of all places? What attracts you to Malta?
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Omoawoke:
Brazil get sexy girls

If not most in the world
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by callmevirus(m): 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
TundeEdnut35:
my cousin was almost shot dead in Soweto, he went there for outreach so hoodlums accosted him to remove his chain and wristwatch as he was pretending to handover the items to them he zoomed off the chased after his car shot his car thank God he was able to escape, God saved him that day

Thank God for his life, Soweto is so dangerous.
Guns are sold like cigarette there.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Bbbwings: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
bassdow:
This ghetto get level Oooo
Dem get running water
Lekki here no get drinkable tap water

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Exceed15: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
The person that approached you is nice.
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by ceejay80s(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
My cousin was shot dead in Brazil few years back...
That country no be am, if dem mark U say U are dead, U better hurry and dig Ur grave

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Sucre7: 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
Maj196:
Brazil is a shithole, nothing special

At least their shithole is better than ours... Take heart ❤

1 Like

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Badadvisor: 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Na wa for you op..

Well,as for those of us wey dem born and brought up for Ughelli and warri,we don already dey used to the everyday ghetto lifestyle......... Everyday na ruggedity pro max....... That's one reason why the street credibility wey I gain from my ghetto street really helped me to escape so many attacks way back in school......

Las las na who loose-guard nai lose.
Shut up abeg make we hear word. You deltans and benins are always too loud with zero voltage.
Yan yan yan

8 Likes

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by justmondris: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
While in Brazil, I once stayed in a Favela, that is what they call their ghetto there.

Favela is actually the name of a tree that grows on the hill where they built houses, and over time they started called houses built on a hill in similar fashion a Favela.

One day I decided to film my journey while I walked through the favela I was staying. It was a mistake and I will never do it again.

In the favelas, there are always drug dealers, and if they think you are an undercover cop, they can easily take action and get rid of you. So walk around with a camera was a dumb move on my part.

Someone approached me about it, he was not happy, and he explained to me and everything was cool after. I stopped recording right away.

Which neighborhood in which country did you go?

Na so u be one take kill urself throw way all in the name of social media cruise
Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by xborr(m): 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
cucumbar:
so these fine fine girls na ghetto girls? me I've been to Soweto.
You're lucky because you didn't let them know you're Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by koyeni(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
illicit:
That place na die. I think na the war really cause am

Re: Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? by Abagworo(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
This must be a black or colored dominated area going by how ugly and disorganized it looks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.