Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? (9943 Views)

How Much Is The Basic Salary Of A Fresh Graduate? / Become An Opay Sales Representative Today (requirements And New Basic Salary) / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Eddodoh(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
I am currently considering a job opportunity with QNET. But where i have issue is about the pay.

I was told that no basic salary. I will be paid base on my performance i.e. sales i am able to make as it's a direct sales role. Moreso, i live in one of the Norther states and i will need to travel to the job location in the south west.

My fear, what if i am unable to meet the performance benchmark? How do i cope in a far away location?

Pls, advise.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by LZAA: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2023
Q wetin!!!
😄😄😄😄
Are you new to NL?
Thank your stars i saw this post
Better stay where you are
Your money will just disappear
By all means japa but so it properly
👍

48 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Chimezie198(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Op, if you love yourself stay away from those Q whatever.

Wetin my friend use eyes see for their hands for over a year... hmm. 480k gone

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by IyaTola: 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
1. DOES THE OFFER ADD UP?

When you’ve been job hunting for a while, it can be tempting to accept the first thing that comes along-but failing to consider the longer-term career implications can be a costly mistake. Ensure everything in the documents adds up to what you were offered verbally already. Details to look out for are title, department, location, reporting line, work hours, vacation entitlement, salary, benefits, start date and more. Clarify any discrepancies with the HR representative sooner rather than later. I have seen candidates rejecting job offers solely due to the written offer containing wrong information; this is obviously not a great impression for any candidate.

2. WHAT’S THE REAL JOB YOU ARE BEING HIRED TO DO?

The job ad and even the job description seldom reflect the true requirements of a job, therefore, they do not tell a complete story of what exactly you are being hired to do. The last thing you want to happen is to discover that there are unrealistic expectations and turnaround times for projects. When you know the details of the job you are being hired to do, you can create your 30-60-90 Day Plan so that you can start the job running.

3. WHAT IS THE BENEFITS PACKAGE?

You may have been asked for your salary expectations in the interview, but it’s crucial to know the details of the benefits package before you accept the job. What is the salary and how does the bonus system work? How much annual leave will you receive? While these questions should never be asked in a job interview, it’s absolutely crucial to clarify this information once you get the job.

4. HOW WILL THE JOB POSITION YOU FOR THE FUTURE?

In today’s job market, no position is forever. With each step you take, you must evaluate how it will position you for the future. Ask yourself; will this job keep you sharp? Will the day to day responsibilities let you hone skills that will make you even more marketable in the future? Does this position come with increased responsibility? Will working at this company give your resume added credibility? Does this job give you a “foot in the door” to make a desired career change? Will you have access to useful training and networking opportunities? It is important to provide answer to the questions.

5. IS THE LOCATION GOING TO WORK FOR YOU?

Lastly, having consider all the above listed questions, ask yourself whether the location is going to work for you. By this I mean both the office layout as well as the physical location of the office. Some people can’t stand an open office landscape, others thrive. Some of us love an hour’s commute in the morning as it gives them some quality alone time. Others think a minute commuting is a minute wasted. You need to visualize what will be like to travel there and back, day out and day in.
Eddodoh:
I am currently considering a job opportunity with QNET. But where i have issue is about the pay.

I was told that no basic salary. I will be paid base on my performance i.e. sales i am able to make as it's a direct sales role. Moreso, i live in one of the Norther states and i will need to travel to the job location in the south west.

My fear, what if i am unable to meet the performance benchmark? How do i cope in a far away location?

Pls, advise.

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by businessgirl(f): 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
Hmm. Personally, I won't.

Now, If you are in need of a job, check my signature. If you can't view my signature, click on my monicker and scroll down. If you can't follow these steps, Lol don't bother you might not be able to handle any of our jobs.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Eddodoh(m): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2023
Thank u all

6 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Amuluonyenaego: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
That is no offer, that's risk taking. Pray to God to give you something more tangible and constant.

Such companies end up wasting your time and energy knowing sales is very poor in this harsh economy and there's no way you'll be able to meet the target. They're Just looking for who to use .

Do a three days night vigil and pray asking God to give you something better according to His will. He will surely answer you.

May God open a better door for you in Jesus name.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by STEWpid(f): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
Chai..

You are the new JACKIE DUTSE in town.

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by BigDawsNet: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2023
Eddodoh:

Pls, advise.

If you have good marketing skills then go for it... if not and your remuneration no flow... it won't make sense for real
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by APOPTOSIS: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nigerians are truly suffering and helpless.
Where does such nonsense happen, if not Nigeria...
A place Job is tagged a miracle...
Although, the problems bedeviling Nigeria were singlehandedly created and fuelled by Nigerians and not outsiders (foreigners)

7 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by accordadoga26(f): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hehehehe

Slavery loading
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by wittywriter: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
Seek & secure REMOTE WORK...

Wittyness.
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by seandurse(m): 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
You're going to work your ass out. Stay off such job. They will be demanding more from you till you worn out

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Farmerforgoats: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nooooooooo
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Nwaotu10(m): 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
Op they're scammers.
Stay away from them.

6 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by DoctorAbk: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You want to become a moltivational speaker by default if not run away from Qnet

4 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by wunmi590(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2023

You have already doubted yourself already and apart panicking...

It is best to stay where ever you are now, and continue to manage what you are doing...
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by coldsummer: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2023
No, I wouldn't risk it. If any job can't be transparent, especially when it comes to staff remuneration, I wouldn't trust them.

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by BOSSkesh(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2023
Yes
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Goddey18(m): 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
LZAA:
Q wetin!!!
😄😄😄😄
Are you new to NL?
Thank your stars i saw this post
Better stay where you are
Your money will just disappear
By all means japa but so it properly
👍

Eddodoh Listen to this advice 👆👆 if not you will regret later.

6 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Jmk9292(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
[quote author=Eddodoh post=126218734]I am currently considering a job opportunity with QNET. But where i have issue is about the pay.

Pls, advise.[/quo

Blacklist whoever invites you to Qnet and see him as an arch enemy for life.
They're fraudulent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by free2ryhme: 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
Eddodoh:

Pls, advise.

Eddodoh , so many red flags in this
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by WeirdAlien: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2023
Scam.
So when you achieve 100% they will say it was only 20% of their expectations? What are the hard lines?

That's an irresponsible employer. Better spend your time and effort marketing your own personal business. Pay yourself all the rewards.

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by captainking(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2023
Eddodoh:

Pls, advise.
Dude...are you new to the world? Qnet that everyone knows is scam..
yes,,,you can travel...take the job..
come back and create a thread of your scam experience with them

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by AmazingELixir: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2023
lipsrsealed

Op better don't waste your time, effort and scarce money chasing a wild goose.

That offer is not worth it...unless you want to go and add to the growing number of jobless and homeless youths over there.

My niece did a similar job and she saw shege....convincing people to buy things at this current times is like trying to squeeze out water from Zuma rock.

My 2cent.

6 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2023
Eddodoh:
I was told that no basic salary. I will be paid base on my performance i.e. sales i am able to make as it's a direct sales role. Moreso, i live in one of the Norther states and i will need to travel to the job location in the south west. My fear, what if i am unable to meet the performance benchmark? How do i cope in a far away location? Pls, advise
That sounds like fraud. Report them immediately to the authorities.

Any job that isn't straight forward is terms of compensation for your time is pretty much fraud. You might as well be volunteering your time and resources for the benefit of the business owner. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Ashi22: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2023
Stay away from them,Qnet is a scam...they plenty, they are here suffering...if u like urself don't be a victim pls

1 Like

Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Karleb(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2023
No go o. grin
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by toolate2fail(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2023
Pls dont
Re: Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? by Hemaah: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2023
Qnet ? Run oooooo😜😜😜 cos you may not sell one product in 3 months. I was there not a hear say😂😲

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 / Vacancy... Baker Hughes Is Recruiting OND Graduates.. Apply Now! / NIMC Recruitement, Apply Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.