Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC (3948 Views)

Ogun State Tackles Maternal Mortality, Distribute Tricycle Ambulances / Why Nigeria’s Maternal Mortality Is Amongst Highest In The World / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by Focusmind: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2023
This is quite huge shocked
No woman should die while trying to bring life.

There are some pregnant women I will see, I would just shake my head. You could feel the poverty in her and wonder if she is taking the right nutrition for herself and the unborn baby. She would look so weak, dishevelled and exhausted.
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by Chetas81(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2023
BLACK AFRICAN CITIZEN DON'T VALUE LIFE, WHAT DOES THIS POST HAVE TO DO WITH THE PEOPLE THAT ALREADY DEAD, BLACK AFRICANS KEEP GETTING ISSUES MORE MORE AND MORE
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by Nuzo1(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2023
What!!!

How many women come remain for Nigeria?
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by Bahamas95(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2023
dNortherner:
You nko?
So you really believe every female moniker here?

Oga some are guys jor!......They hide under female monikers for cheap attention.
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by dNortherner(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2023
Bahamas95:
So you really believe every female moniker here?

Oga some are guys jor!......They hide under female monikers for cheap attention.
To hell with them!
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by Justkatty(f): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2023
If you go the labor room and come out alive together with your baby(babies) na very big testimony.
If you've not been to a labor ward, you won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by YelloweWest: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by YelloweWest: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2023
"What do you bring to the table?"

Sometimes, our lives cry
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by jaephoenix(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2023
Jeon:
I really pity Women for this.
Pity? Most of them are responsible for their own death. A woman would present with a previous caesarean section scar, along with a short inter-pregnancy duration and would still reject a caesarean section. Why? Because her pastor said so. Why should such women be pitied when they die?
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by drimzsmoke(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2023
Tobihabeeb:
I have seen it with my own eyes, out of carelessness and lack off funds many pregnant women hardly makes it out alive from the labour room.

Imagine charging over 250k for C/S while many Nigerians families have less than 5k in account.

I wish the government can declare war on maternity death rate.

If you don't have 250k for CS,you don't have any business with trying to raise a family. You just want poor people to be breeding like pigs and rats and adding to our already existing problems. Overpopulation is the number 1 problem of Nigeria, not bad governance!!!
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by drimzsmoke(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Pity? Most of them are responsible for their own death. A woman would present with a previous caesarean section scar, along with a short inter-pregnancy duration and would still reject a caesarean section. Why? Because her pastor said so. Why should such women be pitied when they die?

I saw a woman last week Thursday or Friday, para 6, with less than an hour-old neonate. She delivered at home and she had postpartum haemorrhage with retained placenta. The husband and mother-in-law kept trying local nonsense at home to stop the bleeding. By the time they rushed her in, she was already in respiratory distress and in shock....SP02 was less than 90, PCV was 13 or thereabouts, there was leave and black substances inside her vagina and all over her vulva.... I hate poor people ehnnn, they are menace to the society!!!
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by CSTRR: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2023
Nigeria is a hopeless shit-hole.

82,000 of your women die in one year just by trying to give birth and the country has not declared a national emergency and wear sackcloth and ashes.?

No be life una dey live for this country.
Na animal farm where life is worth nothing.

And I am absolutely sure, the numbers are grossly underestimated.
The rural areas are not completely captured in that statistic.
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by CSTRR: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
drimzsmoke:

I saw a woman last week Thursday or Friday, para 6, with less than an hour-old neonate. She delivered at home and she had postpartum haemorrhage with retained placenta. The husband and mother-in-law kept trying local nonsense at home to stop the bleeding. By the time they rushed her in, she was already in respiratory distress and in shock....SP02 was less than 90, PCV was 13 or thereabouts, there was leave and black substances inside her vagina and all over her vulva.... I hate poor people ehnnn, they are menace to the society!!!
Is it poor people you should hate or the absolutely terrible govt in a country where the vast majority are too poor to be properly educated or to afford good healthcare.?

If the husband had a decent job, you think they would deliver at home?
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by drimzsmoke(m): 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
CSTRR:

Is it poor people you should hate or the absolutely terrible govt in a country where the vast majority are too poor to be properly educated or to afford good healthcare.?

Did you miss the part where I said the woman is para 6 (she just gave birth to the 6th child). How is that any government's fault I don't know about his employment status and i really don't care. A 39 year-old man has 6 kids and you're blaming the government Where I trained, I was told never to help pregnant women in labour financially. They told us it takes 9 months to deliver a pregnancy, hence you should be prepared. It is not an emergency!!!
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by K9blunt(f): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Tobihabeeb:
I have seen it with my own eyes, out of carelessness and lack off funds many pregnant women hardly makes it out alive from the labour room.

Imagine charging over 250k for C/S while many Nigerians families have less than 5k in account.

I wish the government can declare war on maternity death rate.

Poor people shouldn't be giving birth.
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by jaephoenix(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2023
drimzsmoke:

… and if she dies from PPH, they'll say its one witch uncle or auntie. In many states, management of PPH or other obstetric emergencies like ecclampsia is free but guess what, they first of all present in church or their granny house before going to hospitals when their vitals have gone down
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by jaephoenix(m): 9:26am On Oct 10, 2023
CSTRR:

Even when you educate them, they reject it. Go to the core North and see the mess the patients are into there. I served in Niger and I can tell you that state is royally fvcked health wise
Re: Maternal Mortality: 82,000 Pregnant Women, Mothers Die Annually - MRHRC by jaephoenix(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2023
drimzsmoke:

Did you miss the part where I said the woman is para 6 (she just gave birth to the 6th child). How is that any government's fault I don't know about his employment status and i really don't care. A 39 year-old man has 6 kids and you're blaming the government Where I trained, I was told never to help pregnant women in labour financially. They told us it takes 9 months to deliver a pregnancy, hence you should be prepared. It is not an emergency!!!
The husband would wait till the woman is into labor before sourcing for money for a Caesarean Section. If you ask him why didn't he save enough money for the CS, he would tell you they didn't anticipate it. Really? So you don't anticipate an emergency caesarean? Some people can be irredeemably daft

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexual Help / 10 Hospitalised After Amala Meal / Rare Case Of Baby With Pink Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.