Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,141 members, 7,811,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Opay Has Never Opened Any Account Without Individual/customer's Consent - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opay Has Never Opened Any Account Without Individual/customer's Consent (118 Views)

Share Your Experience As A Small Sized/petite Individual / First Bank: Renewing ATM Cards Without Customer's Consent / Drivers Rush To Grab Free ₦63m In Cash After Armored Truck's Door Opened Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opay Has Never Opened Any Account Without Individual/customer's Consent by Jamisilatest: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2023
Some 48 hours ago, we got information that there were active accounts/wallets on our OPay app, which the owners alleged had been created without their knowledge and/or consent. We had then immediately commenced an investigation to determine the authenticity of these claims as all OPay wallets are adequately registered in line with regulatory requirements.

Based on our investigation, we discovered that these accounts were indeed opened by the owners at different times, but generally between 2019/2020. When contacted by our team, some of the individuals have, however, claimed not to remember whether/when they opened the account. At least four of the complaints received via social media have been checked, and all four of them have been contacted to resolve the concerns raised.

It is imperative to note that some of these accounts have had no balance in them since they were opened. As a law abiding, strictly regulated entity, we have unquivocally inquired of these individuals if they would like to retain the accounts, and we obliged based on their responses.

I would like to say that the OPay wallet can only be opened through the CBN-established registration process which requires the input of an OTP authentication (one-time password) and ID authentication from the user’s phone to proceed. It is also important to note that OPay has never created (nor does it operate) any account on behalf of any individual.

On a final note, we would like to encourage any individual with similar concerns to contact us via any of our official channels, and the issues will be resolved promptly. As a brand, we place utmost priority on our customers' needs and pride ourselves as a regulatory-compliant organization.

Adekunle Adeyemi, Head of Marketing OPay Digital Services Limited.

Re: Opay Has Never Opened Any Account Without Individual/customer's Consent by richeeyo(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2023
I definitely agree, i was never a fan of all this kind of bankingbut gat to give credit to Opay
They have a very good service

1 Like

Re: Opay Has Never Opened Any Account Without Individual/customer's Consent by Babangidapikin: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2023
They're two accounts opened with my number, without my consent. They are active accounts, they deliberately gave an option for sms to be sent, when sms sent should be the default, secondly they don't seek verification from the Bvn register phone numbers via sms before accepting the Bvn .. all this shows they have fraudulent tendencies from the start.

(1) (Reply)

Subsidy Palliative / Govt Officials Show Concerns As HIV Prevalence Soars In Akwa Ibom State / Underwater Waterfall: The Biggest Falling Water Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.