Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,643 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent (625 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Man102: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2023
I am really confused. I was paying 120k as House rent, just yesterday, my landlord increased it to 250k. I no wan dey homeless. Any advice? Two months remaining for me to pay
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by MS2471: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2023
Unfuntunately nothing can be done if he serves your quite notice 2 months to your rent expiration date highest you get a month

My mum also just jacked up her rents, she is a pensioner and the real estate are what keeps her flexing
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Alchemy528: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2023
Why are you reporting
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Ahmed0336(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2023
MS2471:
Unfuntunately nothing can be done if he serves your quite notice 2 months to your rent expiration date highest you get a month

My mum also just jacked up her rents, she is a pensioner and the real estate are what keeps her flexing
If quit notice is given and he pays yearly rent, isn't he going to stay for six months until he's able to get another apartment?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by MS2471: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:

If quit notice is given and he pays yearly rent, isn't he going to stay for six months until he's able to get another apartment?

Not when the landlord back dates the notice by statutory 3 months
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by TinubuDeDrugLor: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:

He must be given six months but he may also stay till he's tired of staying if he knows his ways in the courts.
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by TinubuDeDrugLor: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2023
MS2471:

As long as he has his receipt or proof of payment anything back thing the landlord does will eventually backfire if he knows his ways in the court.
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Ahmed0336(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2023
MS2471:

kindly enlighten me. What if he back dates it by 3 months, how much time do you think the court will grant him?
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by MS2471: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
kindly enlighten me. What if he back dates it by 3 months, how much time do you think the court will grant him?

Bro please speak to a lawyer.. not the fancy lawyer, but any lawyer that can help, a case like that happened close to me andnthe tenant got good deal
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by ayokellany: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2023
Simple tell him you can't pay this year n that any increment should take place next year.

Man102:
I am really confused. I was paying 120k as House rent, just yesterday, my landlord increased it to 250k. I no wan dey homeless. Any advice? Two months remaining for me to pay

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by BoldBrainz(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2023
This thread is unnecessary.

Do you want us to tell you to go fight your landlord? Or should we come help you beg him? Simply relocate if you cannot pay his increment. Don't disturb us please.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by MrsTwrite(f): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2023
Look for another affordable house within these few months and pack.
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Gadafi001(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2023
Lol
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by preekahantas(f): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2023
MS2471:

You must be an illiterate.

Quit notices take effect from the day it was issued/received not the date written on it to curtail evil fraudsters like you.
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by preekahantas(f): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:

If your landlord back dates the quit notice then you have gotten him patapata. Make sure you record the date it was delivered to you then head straight to the Mediation Centre of your LGA if you are in Lagos.

He will weep.
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by PaganTerrorist: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2023
That money you'll paying for rent you could've saved up some money and buy a vehicle probably a van or truck till you get land and build on it .
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Skillsnigeria: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2023
Look for a cheaper apartment
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Light78: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Man102:

Set awan I left house at the age of 18

Hahah

Better pay your bills. Petrol is 590+ and dollar is 1000+

Why won't house rent increase times two??
Re: My Landlord JUST Double My House Rent by Dikastan: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Relocate to a cheaper one,don't fight him in court. If you this one, you may not know the other one.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievably Superb Properties For Let And Sale In Port Harcourt / Get A Flat Or Duplex In Lekki / A Good Land For School Or Factory In Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.