Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. (494 Views)

What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by temitope66(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2023
I am 23 and work in a production factory. I’m taking a monthly pay which helps me pay my bills and save some little but recently there have been changes in the company where the Operational manager surcharge worker for silly things.
I was affected this month, I got my pay and about 10% was deducted for unreasonable thing. This affects my mental health and utters my financial plan as the work isn’t easy.
I am certain the owner of the company is not aware, I have plan to meet the Tender my resignation letter but meet the owner and see what he has to say first.

What is your advice for me?
Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by MS2471: 8:33am On Oct 06, 2023
Don't quite
Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by Islamisformumu: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Isn't there a way that you can codedly tip off the factory owners about the operational manager's fraud? Because streets ain't smiling these days my brother. Jobs are hard to find and good jobs with good pay are even harder to find.

It seems like the operational manager is your real problem because things appear to have been fine before he began his thievery.

If you are 100% sure that you can get a good job if you leave the present one, then go for it.

If you can find a way of anonymously reporting the factory manager, try and do so.

If you're not sure there's a good job waiting for you if you leave the present one, and you're not sure that reporting the factory manager will change anything, then manage the situation until something better comes along.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by wittywriter: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2023
temitope66:
I am 23 and work in a production factory. I’m taking a monthly pay which helps me pay my bills and save some little but recently there have been changes in the company where the Operational manager surcharge worker for silly things.
I was affected this month, I got my pay and about 10% was deducted for unreasonable thing. This affects my mental health and utters my financial plan as the work isn’t easy.
I am certain the owner of the company is not aware, I have plan to meet the Tender my resignation letter but meet the owner and see what he has to say first.

Have you secured another income-means ...to be able to cover for your bills...take note of my question.
temitope66:

Well...it's your decision to stick to old job or embrace new income but my suggestion is that you seek financial freedom through multiple income means since you're still young.
All the best.

Yes

Wittyness.
Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by temitope66(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2023
wittywriter:

Have you secured another income-means ...to be able to cover for your bills...take note of my question.

Wittyness.

Yes
Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by temitope66(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2023
Islamisformumu:
Isn't there a way that you can codedly tip off the factory owners about the operational manager's fraud? Because streets ain't smiling these days my brother. Jobs are hard to find and good jobs with good pay are even harder to find.

It seems like the operational manager is your real problem because things appear to have been fine before he began his thievery.

If you are 100% sure that you can get a good job if you leave the present one, then go for it.

If you can find a way of anonymously reporting the factory manager, try and do so.

If you're not sure there's a good job waiting for you if you leave the present one, and you're not sure that reporting the factory manager will change anything, then manage the situation until something better comes along.

I will try and talk to the GM about his Operational manager fraud and I do believe it won’t sit well with him. But I just can’t let it go like this, things are extremely cost and having pay cut jeopardize my financial plans
Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by MrsTwrite(f): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2023
Secure another job first before quitting.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by PaganTerrorist: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2023
Quit that job , it's not helping you instead it's worsening your life more and more

Look for alternative hustles like drop shipping if you're living in Anambra or Lagos, YouTube Content creation if you're creative or story teller etc.

Be self employed
Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by abba190: 12:21am On Oct 07, 2023
temitope66:

mine is affecting me physically and mentally but i am not even thinking of quitting.

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by QuinModah(f): 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2023
abba190:
mine is affecting me physically and mentally but i am not even thinking of quitting.
You 'd better quit

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by abba190: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
QuinModah:
You 'd better quit
sapa will choke me if i quit

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by austine4real(m): 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
grin grin

Kindly report him

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. by QuinModah(f): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
grin
abba190:
sapa will choke me if i quit

(1) (Reply)

Emerging Business Opportunity! / Customer Service Career And Certification: A Leverage For Your Dream Job / Having Trouble With Creating A Powerful Presentation Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.