Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People (16273 Views)

My Job Is Affecting My Mental Health, I Want To Quit. / I Need A Mentor On Data Analysis My Location Is Owerri. / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by VictorGlory: 8:02am On May 15, 2022
Like every other bright mind with positive energy and knacks for success. I stepped confidently into the new year 2022 with the right portion of optimism and motivation.

One would wonder if one Village Priest had prepared a prosperity charm for me; cause my energy was mind-blowing. I was so confident about winning in every facet of my life.

Although I sustained some gun wounds of failures that 2021 inflicted on me - lost Dad to the greedy fangs of death, got served breakfast by my girlfriend - because she wanted to serve God, got rejected by so many companies for internships, and had to separate myself from 90% of my family member and siblings cause most of them are friendly enemies, got depressed, betrayed, reject. etc. Yet I could still boldly say to myself that healing would find me in 2022 and greatness would comfort me.

Oops! Maybe a weird description is when you think this young boy has too many track records of misfortune and failures in his life. But I guess some of the best success stories are told with tons of tragic experiences in them. And I've left my life with the best scriptwriter to write the best out of me.

Fast forward to the new year, my jaw got broken by the heavy first of failure. I got into internet Marketing and my results were nothing to write about. I made some good cash though, but I couldn't hit my target.

Also, I wrote a promising book that I've been struggling to find a publisher who is willing to publish it for free and run a good publishing investment deal with me.

This time around, the thunderstorm of failure sent me running like a thief who is scared of jungle justice. I was broken beyond repair because those were my biggest plans for 2022 as regards financial stability and independence.

I was sent into a coma mentally and I knew I needed a break, to fix myself, move on and get back on my feet. That has always been how I respond to previous failures. Fortunately and pathetically, ASUU changed the game and their strike was like a blessing in disguise to me.

I would have loved to go to Lagos to spend the "never-ending ASUU holiday" but Lagos was longer home for me. Ever since I lost Dad and he was buried, I have seen no tangible reason why I should visit home again.

I couldn't stand seeing Dad's grave every day, I'll just collapse and die a coward's death. Also, I don't wanna stay with my stepmom. I've had enough of stepmom's stories growing up as a young boy. Trust me, it's a hell experience.

My mum's place could have been another good option, she lives in a 2 bedroom apartment on the mainland. But I don't think I can cope with an environment where electricity is foreign to them because most of my activities require stable electricity to power my phone and laptop especially, and that she can't supply.

Living in my half-brother's place in Lagos whom we share the same mother could have been another perfect option, I've lived with him a couple of times and I'm very productive each time I stay with him.

I get to complete every task on my to-do list that brings development in every area of my life each day, and eventually actualize both my long-term and short-term goals. Their electricity is stable couple with free Wi-fi. His place put me on my toes to work and do the needful.

But the issue is just that some part of me feels like I don't belong there. We don't get along as brothers, he's 10 years older than I am, and I dare not disrespect him but the kind of relationship we have is like that of a boss and an apprentice.

His wife and I are very cool friends, but he and I don't just get along like brothers should do. Maybe because we were not raised together (my both parents are polygamous). But I want a close friend, mentor, and confidant out of him. Not a never smiling, rigid brother and boss. I've tried talking to him severally but there are no positive changes from him.

My other half-siblings from my father's side are no-go areas. They are all friendly enemies who are jealous of every bit of my success, especially in my academics. Because they all blew up the opportunities to go to higher institutions. They have so much hatred for me because I'm the last child of the family and I used to be Dad's favourite.

So I decided to go live with my Dad's friend in Ogun state and that was when life drew its nightmares upon me. Dad's friend is a very good man, his family members are good people as well. They welcomed me like their child, I would rate them better than some of my family members.

Ogun state pose to be like paradise to me, there was stable electricity, inverter, and generator. That's 24/7 light, the environment was conducive and I was confident that I would heal fast and achieve a lot here.

I feel my productive energy coming back and I was enthused again. I drafted some core goals that I need to achieve their in Ogun state like taking a Data Analysis Course, Joining the Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), Raising my school fees, going back fully to Internet Marketing, Completing My Final year research Project, Finding an investor and publisher for my book, etc.

A few weeks into my stay in Ogun state, I began to lose interest in almost everything, I became indifferent to achieving my goals, and I became extremely lazy - giving meaningless excuses and procrastinating till eternity.

I wasn't lazy with house chores, I did that perfectly. But when it comes to doing little things that will develop me and prepare a better future for me, I wasn't motivated to do any. I sat myself down severally and talked senses into my head but, it seems I wasn't gonna yield.

I knelt, begged myself, and cried a lot because I knew it was my life and I need to take responsibility for it. I told myself that even if I wasn't making money, I should engage in things that would develop me. Yet, I didn't change. It's two mouth now in Ogun state, and I've not been productive at all.

Now all I do is waste my precious time with the TV, playing games or on social media, eating like a foodie, sleeping like a bull, and chatting with some friends (distractions). This kind of lifestyle has become a daily routine for me.

This isn't me, this is not the way I used to be. I used to be a very intelligent, hardworking, serious, and dedicated goal-getter who used to be very serious with his life and is determined to fetch a bright future for himself. I've heard people talk about comfort zone but I never experienced one not until now.

Each day, my mind will always tell me that I'll bounce back to whom I used to be, but if school resumes without me achieving my goals here in Ogun state. l'll feel like a total failure. I know I need to act fast, cause time isn't waiting for me.

I am considering leaving Ogun state, to go and stay in my brother's place in Lagos, at least I can be confident of productivity there. but I don't want to leave a negative mindset in Dad's friend's mind about my sudden leaving. He might feel I don't like his place and I can't keep wasting my time here doing nothing.

Although I'm tempted to think this is a spiritual attack, I wanna go back to Lagos to see if I'd be productive there.

Please, good people of Nairaland, advise me on what to do. And please recommend tactics and strategy that can save me from this situation even if it means reading a life changing book.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Sified(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2022
What a read!
I'm sorry about the family ish, it's always like that undecided sometimes we find succour more from strangers than friends.

Well, I think you don't have close friends, maybe you're suffering from a lack of support system, which is understandable.

But to progress you might need something like an Accountability Partner, someone to keep you in check with your goals, give you needed encouragement and advice sometimes.

Also, hope you're not too far from God....

Regarding the book, have you heard of Amazon Publishing? Tho I haven't gotten started with it but I've heard great stuff about it and I think you should consider it for your book.

I'm not a coach, but I might be able to provide some friendship support if you want.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by chibu4u2(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2022
Village people, no reason am.
Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Dididrumz(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2022
It's just hard times.

3 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by DropsMic(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2022
As someone who is from a family of native doctors make i tell you the truth.. Your problem is not from the village. Your problem na say you dey live for Nigeria — aplace filled with People of God with no God in their hearts — and you are not willing to bend your morals.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Triangles1(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2022
Location matter especially if you're not strong to influence environment they will surely influence you to think the same.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by THURAFTERNOON: 11:52am On May 16, 2022
Let me calm down and learn from this thread. E be like we dy same shoes.. however it could all those options but never village people. Mine problem is just consistency and putting the mental nerves to work daily to stay afloat.

I’m wondering what went wrong, I never even see credit alert this year sef. But I’m just believing it’s temporary . At times, I even feel like I’m loosing intelligence…

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Slynation(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2022
It's well
Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by OgThanos: 11:53am On May 16, 2022
First of all, i recommend you delete village people from the list.
after going through ur writeup, i think location is the key factor, you hqve a willing mindset.
you just need the Resources to pull em up..

you are a good writer btw

now, who doesn love a nice looking shoe..
i am just at ur finger tip

https://www.nairaland.com/6742916/latest-legs-town-photos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by gogeor(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2022
I think you have not gotten over the trauma of losing your dad. He must have been the only one you have an emotional attatchment to, Give yourseif a break and allow yourself to hea

4 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Rawtruth1: 11:53am On May 16, 2022
Ok. Go and take assignments from OPM church in PH. All the woes will be wiped out from your life.

Powers of darkness are responsible, not village people nor relatives.

Even if the above entities are physically responsible, they are being used by demons.

Prayers and fasting are the key now

3 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Karleb(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2022
What you need is to gym or go for road walk.

Do whatever that makes your heart pumps.

12 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Tokskob2008: 11:55am On May 16, 2022
Guy na this country joor...

3 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Barrywilly(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2022
It seems that you are the architect of your own problem. Why don't you just state in few sentences the challenges that you are facing and the assistance needed. How many people do you think have the time to read this epistle

4 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by chieveboy(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2022
The problem is the law of attraction and food. When you mourn or regret a failure, be careful how you do it because the laws of attraction and abundance is a double-edged sword. It works always even if it's on a reverse. Even mourning the death of Jesus could attract you same negative results.

Asides from the reality that if you maintain a streak of anger, gloom, jealousy etc a negative entity who feed on the radiation you emit would latch onto you and cause you more failure so that their supply doesn't cut, you furthe biologically release certain chemicals that blocks your higher intellect, emotions and productivity.

When that happens, you are already on a downward spiral and anything you touch receives the negative programming which comes with your aura or state of consciousness.

You then have to make the effort to reverse the trend. Regrets, mourning, crying, hissing, jealousy, trolling, and any act which does not leave you uplifted or positive must be stopped. You want to be more charitable, appreciate success of others, expect the best in life (very important).

For foods, you want to curb certain foods which leaves you feeling down. Only you can know this and there is food for everyone. Try taking Mucuna extracts. It has Dopamine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2022
shocked
Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Image123(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2022
Victor Glory. Change yourself bro, yourself. You have lamented about how everyone around you has problem except you. Also don't depend on marketing and writing to breakthrough. You can do them but don't make them top drivers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Sanaliqus: 11:56am On May 16, 2022
Hh
Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by SultanOfPuna: 11:57am On May 16, 2022
Ok
Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by dplordx(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2022
Your message despite its flowery and prosaic quality is wrapped in too much self-pity. Life is what it is, up and down. You need to get your head out of your butthole and lookup. Nobody sees the future staring down, stop this silly tea party.

Kindly note, on a scale of 1/10 I will score my life let’s say 2.5/10 and you know what, I am most grateful for where I am. Daily, I thank God for life, for health; for talent and for his grace. Your life can eternally turn around within a week, month or year from now, and you’d marvel at God.

Some years ago, I’d look at the future and there was no light at the end of the tunnel, but one thing I knew what, when an endless night has fallen, hope can be summoned from the fact that the companion of an endless isn’t another endless night — but morning. Today, things are going good. I am not super-rich, but I can easily pack my bag and book a ticket and go anywhere I want to go in the world and live very comfortably.

Don’t give up and try something modern. Nobody reads again, nobody does all those affiliate marketing ish, go learn coding, try something modern and stop acting like the many 99% losers in Nigeria. Do the fucccccken crazy hard work and stop daydreaming and see your life chang forever!

NB: I have published 4 novels and made N0.00 from it until I took coding 6 years ago and life has been amazing! Now working for multinationals and clocking over $100k annually! The dream for 2022 is $1,000,000 and I’m not resting till I hit the milestones

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by temitope27(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2022
Wetin we dey face for this country is bigger than ur problem, so please park well

1 Like

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Loveisnotenough: 11:57am On May 16, 2022
HARD TIMES DONT LAST.

2 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by akpumping7720(m): 11:58am On May 16, 2022
get a cheap one room apartment. start from there

2 Likes

Re: What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People by Milestone1: 11:58am On May 16, 2022
Everyone feels that way once a while, but you must always work to fight that spirit. I have gone through such and am still not out of the woods yet. The only thing I do is to do what I need to do first then eat or play later if time permits .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.