Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia (823 Views)

Matic And His Kids Waiting Patiently For Ronaldo For Pic / UEFA Charges Cristiano Ronaldo For X-rated Goal Celebration (Photo) / Odell Beckham Jr Checks Out Cristiano Ronaldo's N972m Customized Bugatti Chiron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Allmiron: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2023
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has delivered his opinion on elite players making the move to the Saudi Pro League, after he rejected an offer to join the Saudi Arabia exodus

Zlatan Ibrahimovic appeared to fire a dig at players moving to the Saudi Arabia as he questioned the motives of some of the world's biggest stars for moving there.

Neymar, Riyad Mahrez and Fabinho are among the big-name superstars that made the switch to the Saudi Pro League in the summer, after Cristiano Ronaldo joined Al-Nassr back in January. Steven Gerrard, meanwhile, is one of the most high-profile managers to have moved to Saudi, with the Liverpool legend in the dugout at Al-Ettifaq.

Ibrahimovic, who announced his retirement from football in June, has now revealed that he received an offer from Saudi Arabia. The 42-year-old didn't end up taking up that proposal and finished his career at AC Milan, having returned to Europe in 2019 after a successful stint with LA Galaxy.

After being quizzed about Saudi Arabia, he told Piers Morgan Uncensored: "I had an offer also from China. I had an offer also from Saudi, but the situation is, what do you want? What objectives do you have? I said before we started, like certain players need to finish their career on the big stage because that is the high end of your career.”

"You have to be remembered for your talent, not for what you earned. Because if you were remembered in the opposite way, what we are training every day for, what we are being recognised for, is our talent and that's what you want to be remembered for”.

"So I think certain players that reach a certain level, they have to stop at a certain stage, and that's the big stage. You cannot go in a lower stage and finish your career in a different way. But some players needed the situations where you can earn a lot of money because they didn't earn enough.”

MirrorUK

Nlfpmod mynd44 frontpage boss

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Allmiron: 11:48am On Oct 06, 2023
Internet never forgets.

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by ThierryJay: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
Pure facts from Zlatan the Ijaya of football.

I and many others don't subscribe monthly to be watching the amount of money footballers earn. If I'm interested in earnings, I have subscriptions to Forbes magazine to cater to that.

I will gladly pay a lot if we could turn back the hands of time to rewatch live Ronaldinho, Henry, Zidane, Iniesta, Stoitchkov, Figo and ultimately Messi at their primes than the robotic monetary footballers of today.

When we were condemning Pendu's Saudi move, it was because we had absolute trust in Messi's integrity that at GOAT level, he was above pecuniary inducements to a nonentity league, a place where most elite players wouldn't ordinarily touch with a thousand-mile-long pole. And truly, the GOAT did not make us to eat our words when the time came. Rather, his move to the MLS pained the other deluded side beyond the marrows because by that he cemented his higher class forever.

Now Zlatan has sent another dagger right through the heart of Pendulums. No evidence, dem go explain tire.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
When they remember football, CR7’s name would be called 100 times before they think of Zlatan ! 😂

1 Like

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by toluxe0075: 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
How is it different from Barcelona signing Messi from Argentina, or Neymar from Brazil.

How is it different from Salah coming all the way from Egypt to play in Europe or Osimhen looking to play and still earn more.

Saudi is doing what Europe has been doing to talents all over the world. If Saudi and other Money bags Arabian countries can continue what they do, it will be a matter of time before full attention goes there.

All these moral cry is really amusing.

1 Like

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by annlopez: 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
I admire Ronaldo, despite all the difficulties and obstacles, he achieved success
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
Sizwezi:
When they remember football, CR7’s name would be called 100 times before they think of Zlatan ! 😂
it’s true that Ronaldo’s name will be remembered and mentioned before Ibra but Can you now see the hypocrisy?

Immediately Ronaldo moved to Saudi, he changed the narrative as if he never criticized Xavi for making same move in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
[quote author=OJEEMAH post=126236417] it’s true that Ronaldo’s name will be remembered and mentioned before Ibra but Can you now see the hypocrisy?

Immediately Ronaldo moved to Saudi, he changed the narrative as if he never criticized Xavi for making same move in 2015.[/quote ]

Xavi was 35 when he moved to Al Sadd. Secondly Xavi had attacked CR7 , so it was more like a response to the jibe . Xavi had earlier said Neymar was better in the match between Real Madrid vs Psg . He said Ronaldo scored with the knee and a penalty but Ney created more chances . Then again he said Ronaldo was unlucky to be in the same era with Messi .

Ronaldo responded “Those that want to appear on front covers or promote things speak about me. What does it matter to me , he’s playing in Qatar or I don’t know”. (@ 35 we know where CR7 was and the wonders he was still performing.) I have 3 Balon d Or he’s got none.

You all want to base his move on money, which I refuse to agree. Same goes for the others . Is money a factor ? Yes but was it the only factor ? Hell No . If Ronaldo wanted to stay in Europe, all it would have taken him was to reduce his pay. For someone like Ronaldo who knows his value, reducing his pay is outta the equation. Like Rio Ferdinand said, Ronaldo has earned his right to play anywhere he deems fit !

One question, is Messi only at Inter Miami because he loves the club ?

Football is a sport , it is also a profession. Wherever one chooses to play and earn , as long as it’s not robbing another man off his own earnings, then no shaking!
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
[quote author=Sizwezi post=126236915][/quote] Back in 2015, in a conversation with TV chat show host Jonathan Ross, Ronaldo also said he did not see himself moving to the Middle East because he wanted to end his career with ‘dignity’.

Awkward.

Asked if he would consider a move to the United States or elsewhere when he gets older, Ronaldo said: “In my mind I want to finish at the top level, I want to finish with dignity at a good club.

It’s not about what Xavi said or didn’t say, my point is him saying he wants to “finish with dignity at a good club” only to end up in the same Middle East.

That’s 💯hypocritical

It’s a money driven move. Let’s not try to deny it cos it’s not bad for a player of his age and pedigree.

If you say otherwise, do you think Ronaldo would have moved to Middle East if a European club could match Saudi’s offer?

And then again, go and read why he parted ways with Jorge Mendes.
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Back in 2015, in a conversation with TV chat show host Jonathan Ross, Ronaldo also said he did not see himself moving to the Middle East because he wanted to end his career with ‘dignity’.

Awkward.

Asked if he would consider a move to the United States or elsewhere when he gets older, Ronaldo said: “In my mind I want to finish at the top level, I want to finish with dignity at a good club.

It’s not about what Xavi said or didn’t say, my point is him saying he wants to “finish with dignity at a good club” only to end up in the same Middle East.

That’s 💯hypocritical

Things change , feelings change, people change too!
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Back in 2015, in a conversation with TV chat show host Jonathan Ross, Ronaldo also said he did not see himself moving to the Middle East because he wanted to end his career with ‘dignity’.

Awkward.

That’s 💯hypocritical

It’s a money driven move. Let’s not try to deny it cos it’s not bad for a player of his age and pedigree.

If you say otherwise, do you think Ronaldo would have moved to Middle East if a European club could match Saudi’s offer?

And then again, go and read why he parted ways with Jorge Mendes.

Did I deny money wasn’t part of the reason ? I said it can’t be the only reason he chose Saudi. As for Mendes, twas about the interview he asked Ronaldo not to do, but Ronaldo chose to.

I don’t blame Ronaldo for the interview. Over the years, no player has been attacked by the media the way Ronaldo has been . Right or wrong , they would always find a way to attack . In life there comes a time when you can’t take shit no more, you just have to voice out, in that way you feel some relief. If he felt peace after that Interview, then so be it.
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
Sizwezi:

Did I deny money wasn’t part of the reason ? I said it can’t be the only reason he chose Saudi. As for Mendes, twas about the interview he asked Ronaldo not to do, but Ronaldo chose to.

I don’t blame Ronaldo for the interview. Over the years, no player has been attacked by the media the way Ronaldo has been . Right or wrong , they would always find a way to attack . In life there comes a time when you can’t take shit no more, you just have to voice out, in that way you feel some relief. If he felt peace after that Interview, then so be it.
Ronaldo was infuriated cos Mendes failed to secure a move to Bayern or Chelsea. This happened before the interview with piers

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Ronaldo was infuriated cos Mendes failed to secure a move to Bayern or Chelsea. This happened before the interview with piers

After the end of that season and he found the situation at Manchester United wasn’t suitable for him, he had obviously requested a new club. Mendes wasn’t able to find one . Did Mendes tell us the reason why he couldn’t get CR7 desired clubs ? Was it high pay ? Was it a matter physical fitness ? Mendes didn’t say ! I employed you for a reason and I need to get result .

The picture tells you 3 reasons and not just 1

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Allmiron: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nlfpmod frontpage boss
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Allmiron: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
Sizwezi:
Yes and this image too

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2023
Sizwezi:

After the end of that season and he found the situation at Manchester United wasn’t suitable for him, he had obviously requested a new club. Mendes wasn’t able to find one . Did Mendes tell us the reason why he couldn’t get CR7 desired clubs ? Was it high pay ? Was it a matter physical fitness ? Mendes didn’t say ! I employed you for a reason and I need to get result .

The picture tells you 3 reasons and not just 1

Are you blaming Mendes?

Mendes reached out to many clubs but most were not interested just like Bayern.

Read Kahn’s statement below.

Mendes also approached Napoli.

I wouldn’t blame Mendes except there are issues they never mentioned.

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Are you blaming Mendes?

Mendes reached out to many clubs but most were not interested just like Bayern.

Read Kahn’s statement below.

Mendes also approached Napoli.

I wouldn’t blame Mendes except there are issues they never mentioned.

When you are hired , there’s a reason for it. When you can’t deliver, your employer has every right to be angry or respond how he/she deems fit.

I asked you a question about Messi earlier and you didn’t respond.

The answer you give is just as good as the same reason Ronaldo is playing in Saudi.

He knows his value and would not go below, if those clubs could not match it, then it’s not his fault.
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2023
Sizwezi:

When you are hired , there’s a reason for it. When you can’t deliver, your employer has every right to be angry or respond how he/she deems fit.
In football business, it’s one thing for a club to want a player and it’s another for the player to accept or reject and the club also has the right accept or reject players offered them. In this case, Ronaldo wants Bayern but unfortunately, they are not interested as stated by their sporting director. Mendes can’t impose Ronaldo on Bayern. He did his absolute best. If it was just about the money, I want to believe Bayern would have asked Mendes to reduce their demand.

Mendes also offered Ronaldo to Napoli but they were also not interested in a swap deal involving Osimhen.
I asked you a question about Messi earlier and you didn’t respond.
look at the screenshot, it has always been Messi’s dream to play in the United state but that is not to say, money is not a motivation. Just like Ronaldo, he has achieved everything in Europe.

The difference here is Messi never belittled MLS or any league like Ronaldo when he said he would like to finish with dignity at a good club.

You and I know how much Al Hilal was ready to pay him if it was just about the money for Messi.
The answer you give is just as good as the same reason Ronaldo is playing in Saudi.

He knows his value and would not go below, if those clubs could not match it, then it’s not his fault
it’s not Mendez’s either…….again, except there’s something you and I don’t know about their separation.

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 11:26am On Oct 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
In football business, it’s one thing for a club to want a player and it’s another for the player to accept or reject and the club also has the right accept or reject players offered them. In this case, Ronaldo wants Bayern but unfortunately, they are not interested as stated by their sporting director. Mendes can’t impose Ronaldo on Bayern. He did his absolute best. If it was just about the money, I want to believe Bayern would have asked Mendes to reduce their demand.

Mendes also offered Ronaldo to Napoli but they were also not interested in a swap deal involving Osimhen.
look at the screenshot, it has always been Messi’s dream to play in the United state but that is not to say, money is not a motivation. Just like Ronaldo, he has achieved everything in Europe.

The difference here is Messi never belittled MLS or any league like Ronaldo when he said he would like to finish with dignity at a good club.

You and I know how much Al Hilal was ready to pay him if it was just about the money for Messi. it’s not Mendez’s either…….again, except there’s something you and I don’t know about their separation.

Khan said Philosophy, what did the other clubs you claim rejected him say ? Did Mendes approach Inter Milan ? If he did, do we know the outcome ? Are you aware Inzaghi met with Ronaldo ?

You talked about belittling , I responded by telling you change is constant. People, things and feelings change. Ronaldo is not a perfect human and would always make mistakes. If you and your fave are perfect, no Wahala.

If the offer was not as good as Al Hilal would he have gone ? Or you think the contract Inter Miami gave him is child’s play ? The offer was good that’s why he also accepted.

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
Sizwezi:
Khan said Philosophy, what did the other clubs you claim rejected him say ? Did Mendes approach Inter Milan ? If he did, do we know the outcome ? Are you aware Inzaghi met with Ronaldo ?
See bro, I followed the whole saga and I can tell you for a fact that Mendes did his best.

When he was linked to Athletic Madrid, fans were against it.

Todd Boehly wanted Ronaldo at Chelsea, Tuchel kicked against it.

Mendes approached Marsielle but they were not interested according to a statement by their owner. Tbh, I don’t even think they can afford him.

According to report, there was also an interest from Dortmund.

He was also linked to Sporting Lisbon. Just like Marseille I don’t think they can afford him.

There was even a rumour that Mendes and Laporta had a secret meeting

Based on what was reported, I think it’s unfair to blame Mendes. Like I said before, maybe there’s something you and I don’t know.

You talked about belittling , I responded by telling you change is constant. People, things and feelings change. Ronaldo is not a perfect human and would always make mistakes. If you and your fave are perfect, no Wahala.
This has nothing to do with a perfect or imperfect Messi. When you said people, things and feelings change, I didn’t argue or try to counter you cos it’s true. You said I didn’t answer your question about Messi that was why I mentioned it sef.
If the offer was not as good as Al Hilal would he have gone ? Or you think the contract Inter Miami gave him is child’s play ? The offer was good that’s why he also accepted.
I never said that. Inter Miami made a good offer but Saudi was better.

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Jokerman(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
Saudi still better pass MLS anyways🤣

Moreover the GOAT is changing the footballing culture of an entire region and putting them on the map, rather than some burger eating champs...😂
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
See bro, I followed the whole saga and I can tell you for a fact that Mendes did his best.

When he was linked to Athletic Madrid, fans were against it.

Todd Boehly wanted Ronaldo at Chelsea, Tuchel kicked against it.

Mendes approached Marsielle but they were not interested according to a statement by their owner. Tbh, I don’t even think they can afford him.

According to report, there was also an interest from Dortmund.

He was also linked to Sporting Lisbon. Just like Marseille I don’t think they can afford him.

There was even a rumour that Mendes and Laporta had a secret meeting

Based on what was reported, I think it’s unfair to blame Mendes. Like I said before, maybe there’s something you and I don’t know. This has nothing to do with a perfect or imperfect Messi. When you said people, things and feelings change, I didn’t argue or try to counter you cos it’s true. You said I didn’t answer your question about Messi that was why I mentioned it sef. I never said that. Inter Miami made a good offer but Saudi was better.

Athletico Madrid ? Laughable . I have never imagined Ronaldo playing there.

Khan says , Ronaldo amongst one of the greatest, but he doesn’t fit our team. ( Philosophy)

Dortmund owner said, I’m just hearing in the news that we want Ronaldo , I wouldn’t mind . But we didn’t approach neither were we approached. Besides we don’t have the money (Finance)

Then Chelsea which you are correct about. Owner wanted, coach said no. in the end coach got sacked cos results weren’t coming in, cos no goals.

The issue of Mendes you brought it up. You said Ronaldo was infuriated cos Mendes couldn’t get him his desired club. I said yes , but that wasn’t the only reason . Another reason for their split was because Mendes told Ronaldo not to do the interview, but Ronaldo went ahead. I also showed you proof. If there was any other thing , like you said we don’t know.

I talked about it again because you said Messi never belittled MLS. I was only making emphasis on the fact that people make mistake. You, I and Messi inclusive .

And that the offer given to Messi was also good enough to accept playing in the MLS. In other words. Good Money was also a factor.
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
Sizwezi:

Athletico Madrid ? Laughable . I have never imagined Ronaldo playing there.

Khan says , Ronaldo amongst one of the greatest, but he doesn’t fit our team. ( Philosophy)

Dortmund owner said, I’m just hearing in the news that we want Ronaldo , I wouldn’t mind . But we didn’t approach neither were we approached. Besides we don’t have the money (Finance)

Then Chelsea which you are correct about. Owner wanted, coach said no. in the end coach got sacked cos results weren’t coming in, cos no goals.

The issue of Mendes you brought it up. You said Ronaldo was infuriated cos Mendes couldn’t get him his desired club. I said yes , but that wasn’t the only reason . Another reason for their split was because Mendes told Ronaldo not to do the interview, but Ronaldo went ahead. I also showed you proof. If there was any other thing , like you said we don’t know.

I talked about it again because you said Messi never belittled MLS. I was only making emphasis on the fact that people make mistake. You, I and Messi inclusive .

And that the offer given to Messi was also good enough to accept playing in the MLS. In other words. Good Money was also a factor.
The reason a move didn’t materialize isn’t the bone of contention here. I was just trying to make you understand Mendes tried his best in that regard.

Enjoy your weekend bro👍
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls out Cristiano Ronaldo for his move to Saudi Arabia by Sizwezi: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
The reason a move didn’t materialize isn’t the bone of contention here. I was just trying to make you understand Mendes tried his best in that regard.

Enjoy your weekend bro👍

Well, we are not his employer, we don’t know what they had discussed as regards transfers. The reason for their split as we know is what we have stated up there, asides that, we nothing else. In the end make all men happy.

Cheers 🍻

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Does Erling Haaland Have A Child? / Bad Weekend For Top Teams In Europe / Arsenal-adebayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.