Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US (49187 Views)

Obituary Of Father, Son & Daughter, To Be Buried Same Day In Abia (Photo) / Dead Man Forced Out Of Casket In Anambra For Refusing To Be Buried (Graphic) / Obituary Of Man, Wife & Son In Imo Who Are Set To Be Buried Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by OLOKOESHIN: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Abolodje:
Tinubu course mate lol
Your pman mate
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by planetx: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
I heard white people turn black after death, don't know how true that is. Can anyone confirm.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Triangles1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
anonymous1759:
Egyptian Mummy
If you realize that the time one will spend in grave will supersede the on earth before Christ comes you’ll enjoy every bit of life.
Instead of spending it on Hate, envy and bitterness.

Fact.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by correctguy101(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2023
occfx:
Innocent man will rest finally after 128yrs...

A body will remain in its state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line unless acted by an external force , thats the condition of a dead man. Hardware is useless without the software

Or maybe even internal force shocked

1 Like

Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by bluefilm: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nonsense
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by wisdomguy4u(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It’s pain only for others.

It’s the same thing when you are stupid.

lipsrsealed

Really You sound like you are speaking from experience. undecided
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
anonymous1759:
Egyptian Mummy
If you realize that the time one will spend in grave will supersede the on earth before Christ comes you’ll enjoy every bit of life.
No christ is coming, when people die they die, christ will never ever come, so many fools have being waiting for christ to come for 4000 years now, yet christ is still on his way coming, infact, christ doesn't exist. Wake up!
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
Calitoscassius:
No christ is coming, when people die they die, christ will never ever come, so many fools have being waiting for christ to come for 4000 years now, yet christ is still on his way coming, infact, christ doesn't exist. Wake up!

Religion is personal experience Chris is coming
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
I have already sold the whole of my organs and body to researchers in advance, i am spending the money i was paid now that i am alive, afterall i would not notice when i die that i have no organs or body. I mean, why waste my body and organs rotten in the ground or grave as people call it in the name of rest in peace? what about people who are cremated will they not rest in peace?

Why da fork would wanna rest in peace anyway? Total rubbish!
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
anonymous1759:

Religion is personal experience Chris is coming
Fine, it is personal, so keep that shit to yourself, don't tell us! Not everyone believes in that folktake. Comprende?!
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by fineboynl(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
For does of you saying let the dead rest.

What makes a dead person not to rest all this while unless the person is buried? Black people and their myopic culture and believe
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by finallybusy: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
Finally, the honour he was owed for a century and almost a generation.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Fine, it is personal, so keep that shit to yourself, don't tell us! Not everyone believes in that folktake. Comprende?!

I’m talking to my fellow believers next time don’t drop by just pass when we’re talking religion.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Justiceleague1: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
WiszyFrraud:
Did you know??

It’s the same thing when you are stupid. Duro4chang

lipsrsealed
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
Truths9ja:
Mummified man, Stoneman Willie, to be buried after 128 years on display in the U.S.

A mummified man is set to receive a proper burial after being on display at a funeral home in Pennsylvania, USA for 128 years.

Known as Stoneman Willie, the man was an alcoholic who di£d of kidney failure in a local jail after being arrested for pickpocketing on November 19, 1895, SkyNews reports.

He was accidentally mummified by a mortician experimenting with new embalming techniques, according to Auman's Funeral Home.

Dressed in a suit with a bow tie, Stoneman Willie is displayed in a coffin with a red sash across his chest. His hair and teeth remain intact, and his skin has taken on a leathery appearance.

Having given a fake name at the time of his arrest, the man's identity remained unknown for many years and local officials were unable to contact any relatives.

But using historical documents, Stoneman Willie's real name has been identified and will be inscribed at the bottom of his tombstone when his body is b¥ried on Saturday, October 7.

“We don't refer to him as a mummy. We refer to him as our friend Willie. He has just been such an icon, such a storied part of not only Reading's past but certainly its present,” funeral director Kyle Blankenbiller said.

https://www.facebook.com/100064751497117/posts/pfbid0VGNFLNtKCRWXkbemvh2xnWD55ZPbfX2LuNsA1q3HyDUVp22VTF495mdQhSDf15eKl/?mibextid=K8Wfd2

I know say it must be a black man. Which one is accidentally mummified while experimenting?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by duro4chang(m): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
[quote author=Justiceleague1 post=126240301][/quote]It is certain that you are out of your mind
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by HardBishop: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2023
I know he's a black man
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Machinegun91(m): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
That agbero man is older than Bihari and Tinubu in a breathless world
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by upower123(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
[quote author=
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
anonymous1759:

I’m talking to my fellow believers next time don’t drop by just pass when we’re talking religion.
Well.. here is not church or religious site or forum and the topic is not a religious topic, so take your religious bullshit, you and your useless God and fork off!
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Omoapena(m): 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2023
Will his corpse decay after being buried since he has been mummified?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Alpharey: 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2023
anonymous1759:
Egyptian Mummy

Nigeria and Nigerians thrive on that
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by DaTruths: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

It’s the same thing when you are stupid.

lipsrsealed

Who told you dead people don't know they are dead, have you been dead before?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by barinedan(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
This people are jobless, what's the essence of preserving a dead man for a whole 128 years?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Well.. here is not church or religious site or forum and the topic is not a religious topic, so take your religious bullshit, you and your useless God and fork off!

Bitter man
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by CJStarz: 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
Risingblue008:
This guy above me thinks he's clever

I just feel like
Grabbing
Snatching
And
Running away with ur position
Kindly tell me, anything attached to being first to comment?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by snipernigga(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
He is a Whiteman and not Blackman, the remaining sample of hairs on his head says so.

MorataFC:

Hmmm, accidentally? Oyibo using the black man for experiments, why can't use white for dis?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Boldideas: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
Truths9ja:
Mummified man, Stoneman Willie, to be buried after 128 years on display in the U.S.

A mummified man is set to receive a proper burial after being on display at a funeral home in Pennsylvania, USA for 128 years.

Known as Stoneman Willie, the man was an alcoholic who di£d of kidney failure in a local jail after being arrested for pickpocketing on November 19, 1895, SkyNews reports.

He was accidentally mummified by a mortician experimenting with new embalming techniques, according to Auman's Funeral Home.

Dressed in a suit with a bow tie, Stoneman Willie is displayed in a coffin with a red sash across his chest. His hair and teeth remain intact, and his skin has taken on a leathery appearance.

Having given a fake name at the time of his arrest, the man's identity remained unknown for many years and local officials were unable to contact any relatives.

But using historical documents, Stoneman Willie's real name has been identified and will be inscribed at the bottom of his tombstone when his body is b¥ried on Saturday, October 7.

“We don't refer to him as a mummy. We refer to him as our friend Willie. He has just been such an icon, such a storied part of not only Reading's past but certainly its present,” funeral director Kyle Blankenbiller said.

https://www.facebook.com/100064751497117/posts/pfbid0VGNFLNtKCRWXkbemvh2xnWD55ZPbfX2LuNsA1q3HyDUVp22VTF495mdQhSDf15eKl/?mibextid=K8Wfd2

Hmm.. When we sleep off, we don't know we are asleep until we awake. That is is the same thing with the person that is dead. Once you die, you are dead! It is those who are living that are either sad or happy that you're gone. It means nothing to the dead. The dead is dead!
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by giftedminds(m): 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
It's appointed unto man to die once. Any life without Christ Jesus is a wasted lifetime. Accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour today.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by RPG2020(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
Who count the years cheesy
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by themanderon: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
The man's essence is long gone waiting to be resurrected on the last day to answer for the way he lived. This is the fate that awaits us all so let us live right and love our neighbors as ourselves and most importantly love God and surrender unto him by accepting his Christ as your Lord and Savior.
After all the bling bling and vanities of life this is the way it ends.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by sallazlee(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
Òyìnbó and wahala won da bi burẹdi ati tea.
Awọn ọmọ wahala ofo. 128years chaiiii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday In The US With Helicopter Ride / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Kaduna (Photos) / Ladies In Leaf Clothing Show Off Their Glamour At The 2016 Calabar Carnival.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.