Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US (49185 Views)

Obituary Of Father, Son & Daughter, To Be Buried Same Day In Abia (Photo) / Dead Man Forced Out Of Casket In Anambra For Refusing To Be Buried (Graphic) / Obituary Of Man, Wife & Son In Imo Who Are Set To Be Buried Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by wunmi590(m): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2023
occfx:
Innocent man will rest finally after 128yrs...

A body will remain in its state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line unless acted by an external force, thats the condition of a dead man. Hardware is useless without the software

Too much of physics is beginning to wound you šŸ˜†, go and marry and born so that you can give part of your knowledge to your kids šŸ˜† šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Truths9ja: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
Boldideas:

Hmm.. When we sleep off, we don't know we are asleep until we awake. That is is the same thing with the person that is dead. Once you die, you are dead! It is those who are living that are either sad or happy that you're gone. It means nothing to the dead. The dead is dead!
100/% truths here

1 Like

Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by zedman1(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
MorataFC:

Hmmm, accidentally? Oyibo using the black man for experiments, why can't use white for dis?
But who tell you say na black man?
Justiceleague1:
[/quote][quote author=planetx post=126239447]
I heard white people turn black after death, don't know how true that is. Can anyone confirm.
Stoneman Willie's picture before you should satisfy your curiosity bro. It is said he was an Irish man.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Swiftgrp: 1:12am On Oct 07, 2023
Truths9ja:
Mummified man, Stoneman Willie, to be buried after 128 years on display in the U.S.

A mummified man is set to receive a proper burial after being on display at a funeral home in Pennsylvania, USA for 128 years.

Known as Stoneman Willie, the man was an alcoholic who diĀ£d of kidney failure in a local jail after being arrested for pickpocketing on November 19, 1895, SkyNews reports.

He was accidentally mummified by a mortician experimenting with new embalming techniques, according to Auman's Funeral Home.

Dressed in a suit with a bow tie, Stoneman Willie is displayed in a coffin with a red sash across his chest. His hair and teeth remain intact, and his skin has taken on a leathery appearance.

Having given a fake name at the time of his arrest, the man's identity remained unknown for many years and local officials were unable to contact any relatives.

But using historical documents, Stoneman Willie's real name has been identified and will be inscribed at the bottom of his tombstone when his body is bĀ„ried on Saturday, October 7.

ā€œWe don't refer to him as a mummy. We refer to him as our friend Willie. He has just been such an icon, such a storied part of not only Reading's past but certainly its present,ā€ funeral director Kyle Blankenbiller said.

https://www.facebook.com/100064751497117/posts/pfbid0VGNFLNtKCRWXkbemvh2xnWD55ZPbfX2LuNsA1q3HyDUVp22VTF495mdQhSDf15eKl/?mibextid=K8Wfd2
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by ghettochild(m): 5:22am On Oct 07, 2023
Abolodje:
Tinubu course mate lol

Just noticed that I was ftc and I feel indifferent about itā˜¹ļø
Yes you shd feel that way
Gone are the days making FP was orgasmic.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Ajsmart(m): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2023
Well said! They just love to mock and embarrass us whether alive or dead! Even at our worst, we live rent free in their heads! Guy was probably an innocent, hardworking and respectful man who was setup and tagged as a pickpocket then used as a collateral to take the fall for one of those ugly-minded racists!

Yankiss:
A black man, their usual guinea pig. Did this man not have families? Were there not any rights accruable to the family for this kind of display? Who even authorized this in the first place? For centuries they didn't let old Willy rest in peace. Gross!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 11:59am On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Bitter man
Brainwashed man grin

You religious fools never have anything reasonable to say, just name calling. Take your forking religion and Useless Jesus and fork outta here!!
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Brainwashed man grin

You religious fools never have anything reasonable to say, just name calling. Take your forking religion and Useless Jesus and fork outta here!!

Bitter man get off my mention I know send you . Since you canā€™t talk reasonably F out.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Bitter man get off my mention I know send you . Since you canā€™t talk reasonably F out.
grin grin grin Look! Go to your church! and preach that religious nonsense! Jesus or God doesn't exist, you have no proofs that they exist. Jesus and God only exists in your head, as you already said your religious believes are personal. So keep it personal in your head! grin grin where it belongs.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
grin grin grin Look! Go to your church! and preach that religious nonsense! Jesus or God doesn't exist, you have no proofs that they exist. Jesus and God only exists in your head, as you already said your religious believes are personal. So keep it personal in your head! grin grin where it belongs.

Keep your personal believe to yourself too, youā€™re not the owner of NLšŸ™ƒ i can post anything I want without fear and bullying from your kind.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Keep your personal believe to yourself too, youā€™re not the owner of NLšŸ™ƒ i can post anything I want without fear and bullying from your kind.
Yes, you can post whatever you like on a religious topic or on a religious sections. I don't believe in anything, i am not religious. I didn't post anything about religion, Jesus or God on here, you are the one who did, so I reminded you that not everyone surscribes to your believes. You even tried to tell me that God bless me, I replied, NO! I don't need God to bless me. I am fine still you carried on.

And then you labelled me a bitter man, grin
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Yes, you can post whatever you like on a religious topic or on a religious sections. I don't believe in anything, i am not religious. I didn't post anything about religion, Jesus or God on here, you are the one who did, so reminded you that not everyone surscribes to your believes. You even tried to tell me that God bless me, I replied, NO! I don't need God to bless me. I am fine still you carried on.

And then you labelled me a bitter man, grin

Oya come and beat me
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Oya come and beat me
You are an illiterate! You see, how i educated you?

And all you could come up with is, "Oya come and beat me" grin grin grin very stupid response.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You are an illiterate! You see, how i educated you?

And all you could come up with is, "Oya come and beat me" grin grin grin very stupid response.

Since youā€™ve refused to have sense thatā€™s the height you can go . You think insulting people is being educated? Your education is a waste because you lack tolerance donā€™t mention me again donkey .
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Since youā€™ve refused to have sense thatā€™s the height you can go . You think insulting people is being educated? Your education is a waste because you lack tolerance donā€™t mention me again donkey .
grin grin grin You are still stupeed!

Now, i have mentioned you, what da fork are you gonna do? Smash your phone?. grin
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
grin grin grin You are still stupeed!

Now, i have mentioned you, what da fork are you gonna do? Smash your phone?. grin

Ode buruku how they can set a UFC fight between us let me brake your jaws and fingers so you wonā€™t Speak or type thrash anymore.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Ode buruku how they can set a UFC fight between us let me brake your jaws and fingers so you wonā€™t Speak or type thrash anymore.
Now, you wanna fight me? And threatning me? grin grin aren't you supposed to be religious? Religious people do not fight, they, preach, pray or fast for peace.

You are not just ignorant, you are also violent, people like you should be injected with lethal substances to send you to sleep forever.

Please, what da hell is Ode buruku? Is that a name of a Beer? undecided
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Now, you wanna fight me? And threatning me? grin grin aren't you supposed to be religious? Religious people do not fight, they, preach, pray or fast for peace.

You are not just ignorant, you are also violent, people like you should be injected with lethal substances to send you to sleep forever.

Please, what da hell is Ode buruku? Is that a name of a Beer? undecided

Thereā€™s time for everything Iā€™ve spoken with you peacefully but since you prefer violence i ainā€™t scared either as long Iā€™m defending myself.
Odeburuku get out of my mention Youā€™re becoming a nuisance.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Thereā€™s time for everything Iā€™ve spoken with you peacefully but since you prefer violence i ainā€™t scared either as long Iā€™m defending myself.
Odeburuku get out of my mention Youā€™re becoming a nuisance.
Why would you be defending yourself, i did not threaten you, i just told you to stop preaching your believes, God and Jesus on here, co's not everyone is religious. Or go to religious section to preach that nonesense.
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
grin
Calitoscassius:
Why would you be defending yourself, i did not threaten you, i just told you to stop preaching your believes, God and Jesus on here, co's not everyone is religious. Or go to religious section to preach that nonesense.

Youā€™re the actual nonsense
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:
grin

Youā€™re the actual nonsense
grin grin cheesy now, you are insulting me? You don't learn do you?
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
grin grin cheesy now, you are insulting me? You don't learn do you?

You started the insults Check back your posts.šŸ˜ƒ
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

You started the insults Check back your posts.šŸ˜ƒ
Okay, sorry! Happy now? cool
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by anonymous1759(m): 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Okay, sorry! Happy now? cool

Apology accepted sorry toošŸ‘šŸæ
Re: Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US by Calitoscassius(m): 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
anonymous1759:

Apology accepted sorry toošŸ‘šŸæ
Cheers!, be lucky! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday In The US With Helicopter Ride / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Kaduna (Photos) / Ladies In Leaf Clothing Show Off Their Glamour At The 2016 Calabar Carnival.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.