Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media (2917 Views)

Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / Us Drone Downed By Iran With Its Cyber Warfare Team. Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by VoodooDoll(m): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2011
I am indifferent to Ghaddafi's death but it is good the People of Libya appear to have a chance to rebuild their nation(s).

Interesting take from Russia:

Libyan rebels did not kill Gaddafi. They executed him, dazed and hapless – medieval style.

A hellfire missile fired by a US drone hovering some five miles above in the skies of Libya made the kill – now, that's how it's done in the 21st century – clinically precise and from far away.

Much as Obama and Hillary Clinton were trying to defer the honor of deposing Gaddafi to their NATO allies, Britain and France – and "the armed people of Libya fighting oppression" – in the end Uncle Sam had to step in and wave his big stick.

Somebody somewhere at the White House or the Pentagon or at Langley Virginia made up his mind: enough is enough, "letting the people of Libya decide their own future" is going nowhere. Gaddafi enjoys too much support and there's too great a risk of prolonged civil war – and, most importantly, as long as Gaddafi lives the Libyan oil supply won't be safe.

KABOOM! Hellfire hits the ground and Libya starts a new chapter of its history.

Let's leave aside the highly questionable moral and legal issues -like what UN mandate authorized the aerial killing of a sovereign foreign leader, deposed or otherwise?
Let's talk about something that affects everybody – money.

Here's one big and unquestionable winner in the whole Libya debacle.
The World's United Military Industrial Complex.
One does not need to be a fortune teller to predict that tomorrow the generals of any self-respecting country will mob their politicians with one demand – funds, funds and more funds.
Some of them want to be like the Americans, with all their technological gizmos – others to protect themselves from unsolicited visits by American drones and Tomahawk missiles.

Amongst many quotes attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte one sounds ominous, “The people who don't want to feed their own army will have to feed a foreign one.”

Let's see how much that lunch would cost:
General Atomics MQ-1 Predator – the one that, most likely, hit the Gaddafi convoy leaving Sirte – costs some US$10 million apiece in 2011 dollars. That's excluding ground control operations, maintenance and the cost of the actual Hellfire missiles it carries.

The MQ-9 Reaper, the more modern version – and another potential “Gaddafi killer" – already goes for $30 million. Both rely heavily on the US-developed and operated GPS.

The whole strategic drone development and procurement program runs into hundreds of billions of dollars – each of which the US taxpayer will be expected to cough up, crisis or not. The program is a current favorite baby of the Pentagon (and the CIA – the other operator of drones) and will be spared in even the most radical budget cutbacks. The US is so far ahead of everybody else on the development and use of the unmanned attack vehicles that it is seen as some kind of Wunderwaffe, a German word for "wonder-weapon".
The only other country that has drones of similar size and capabilities is Israel with its Eitan, otherwise known as Heron TP. Those are already exported to Brazil and Turkey, with Russia negotiating contracts.
For the NATO allies the Libyan campaign is one of humiliation. Despite every PR effort made to convince the public that it was France and Britain, who led Operation Get Rid of Gaddafi, it became blatantly clear that without the big American brother they couldn’t win the war against even the antiquated Libyan defenses. The task of convincing politicians to spend more on offensive military toys at a time of austerity seems daunting – but not impossible. Who said the drones can't be produced in Europe, creating jobs, huh?

With attack drones being the "sword", something has got to be the "shield" to that sword. Since they’ve never been used in any country that bothered to spend on its air defenses, it is unclear how much needs to be spent on interceptors able of knocking them down. With one exception – when NATO was using drones over Yugoslavia in the 1990s, the Serbs were pretty capable of knocking them down with fairly sophisticated (read – expensive) Soviet missiles. But that was some 15 years ago…since then the weapons have become much fancier – and much, much more expensive.

Not everybody in the world happens to see the US and NATO as a default force for good. For them the issue is the opposite – how to make sure Pentagon planners won't risk an invasion?
Gaddafi's fate will help them along – the man was awash in petrodollars in the last decade, but never bothered to seriously upgrade his military machine, putting much trust into his newfound love affair with the West. "See what happened to him? You choose.”

That reasoning would not be without a point. But that would cost the taxpayer all the same
Since we are on a Bonaparte-uoting streak today, here's another one of his maxims: "War is the business of barbarians."

https://rt.com/usa/columns/namenotfound/us-drone-kills-gaddafi/
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by WilyiWily: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2011
Yes man, This is Jesus Christ Drone made by Christains to finish off Islam, i love it.
Gaddafi de Rat is gone forever, soon Jesus Drone will be searching for another Sons of Mohammed to finish off.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Jakumo(m): 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dictators worldwide will ponder the fate of Gadaffi, for it serves them a sobering reminder that the Global Policeman, better known as Uncle Sam, now has the means to execute decapitation strikes to remove bad leadership ANYWHERE on the globe, thanks to the magic of armed drones that can be deployed on short notice as needed.

The battleground of the future will be fought increasingly by semi-autonomous armed robots in the air, at sea, and on the ground.   Fewer and fewer "boots on the ground" will be required to tame renegade despots and nations, which should give pause for thought to all who engage in misrule, REGARDLESS of jurisdiction.   This is a good thing.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Beaf: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Damn! grin
I like the name of that missile. "Hellfire!"
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Gbawe: 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2011
Jakumo:

Dictators worldwide will ponder the fate of Gadaffi, for it serves them a sobering reminder that the Global Policeman, better known as Uncle Sam, now has the means to execute decapitation strikes to remove bad leadership ANYWHERE on the globe, thanks to the magic of armed drones that can be deployed on short notice as needed.

The battleground of the future will be fought increasingly by semi-autonomous armed robots in the air, at sea, and on the ground.   Fewer and fewer "boots on the ground" will be required to tame renegade despots and nations, which should give pause for thought to all who engage in misrule, REGARDLESS of jurisdiction.   This is a good thing.

You seem to place a lot of faith in the ability of the USA to "police" the world fairly when , even taking The USA's historical adventures in Africa alone as evidence, it is clear that the United States is perhaps the most ruthless and murderously self-serving power in the world currently !!!!

Extremely naive to repose confidence in how the USA , perhaps morally as flawed as those it criticises, is the "global policeman". If I had the luxury, I would choose a far less self-serving "global policeman" not willing , whimsically , to destroy a Nation (Iraq) based on complete lies that hides base ulterior motives. Till today (as per one rule for the US and another for others) Bush has not faced sanctions for his lies that has caused the death of many innocent lives.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2011
Beaf:

Damn! grin
I like the name of that missile. "Hellfire!"

Scary!! No time to think or hide or run. BOOM!!! it's over.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by VoodooDoll(m): 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hellfire sure is an appropriate name. Straight to the point.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
Wait till someone comes in to posit that this is really the case.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
It is beginning to down on me that Africans are the most empty-headed humans on earth. Instead of deliberating on the advance technological means that took out Gadhafi and gauge the distance between them in human endeavor and the humans who created such means, they are either busy dancing in the street like mor.ons or debating about the killing of African despot.

Nigerians are not even allowed to import small arms such as archaic revolver talk less of getting hold of modern semi-autos and teaching our kids and local fabricators, if any, the means of converting semi to full auto or manufacturing one. There is no democracy without a source of the power from the people. The aforementioned source does not include standing in queues and casting meaningless votes.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by buzugee(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

It is beginning to down on me that Africans are the most empty-headed humans on earth. Instead of deliberating on the advance technological means that took out Gadhafi and gauge the distance between them in human endeavor and the humans who created such means, they are either busy dancing in the street like mor.ons or debating about the killing of African despot.

Nigerians are not even allowed to import small arms such as archaic revolver talk less of getting hold of modern semi-autos and teaching our kids and local fabricators, if any, the means of converting semi to full auto or manufacturing one. There is no democracy without a source of the power from the people. The aforementioned source does not include standing in queues and casting meaningless votes.

huh ? seems to me like you are the one with the issues. you are advocating that we gauge the distance in intellect between ourselves and someone who makes murderous inventions to kill Gods creations ? you have definitely drank the koolaid brother. you are lost.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

I no talk am? the Libyans wey dey there, kill am, no get sense . Na Nigeria conspiracy theorists and their chums get the answers in all cases. I knew some ninny was going to come in to declare this a fact. Where is @cap28 to cement all this for all. cheesy
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
buzugee:

huh ? seems to me like you are the one with the issues. you are advocating that we gauge the distance in intellect between ourselves and someone who makes murderous inventions to kill Gods creations ? you have definitely drank the koolaid brother. you are lost.

Please remove God from the earthly things. Invention is simply invention okay. Your attempt to inject morality into the issue is juvenile. If one can not invent murderous apparatus, one can not equally invent lifesaving ones. The same people you seemed to cringe on their inventive genius on the so-called murderous inventions kept you humanly sane with their numerous inventions.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by buzugee(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

Please remove God from the earthly things. Invention is simply invention okay. Your attempt to inject morality into the issue is juvenile. If one can not invent murderous apparatus, one can not equally invent lifesaving ones. The same people you seemed to cringe on their inventive genius on the so-called murderous inventions kept you humanly sane with their numerous inventions.
stop exhibiting your inferiority complex. its not an attractive trait
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I no talk am? the Libyans wey dey there, kill am, no get sense . Na Nigeria conspiracy theorists and their chums get the answers in all cases. I knew some ninny was going to come in to declare this a fact. Where is @cap28 to cement all this for all. cheesy

If a gull such as you and fellow deluded Libyans were left to the manifest of your wit, Gadhafi would still roam the streets of Libya now.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by TomFord: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2011
I just wonder how many countries have the capacity to detect foreign aircraft hovering over their landscape.this drone has become their number1 hitman.unmanned,with great accuracy&precision
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

If a gull such as you and fellow deluded Libyans were left to the manifest of your wit, Gadhafi would still roam the streets of Libya now.

Yes ooo . . . . the deluded ones are those who actually admit to seeing him die after capturing him. Not you who was never there but are quick to believe instead a story that some US drone killed him, even after videos confirm he was captured alive and later killed by Libyans.

Are you like the genius in your house or what? ROFL
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2011
buzugee:

stop exhibiting your inferiority complex. its not an attractive trait

I do not engage empty barrels in debates. However, there is absolutely nothing about exhibition of inferior mentality when a person exposes his or her weaknesses. If Nigeria has trailed the blaze in modern invention, please point it out to me or shut up.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by buzugee(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

I do not engage empty barrels in debates. However, there is absolutely nothing about exhibition of inferior mentality when a person exposes his or her weaknesses. If Nigeria ha[b]s trailed the blaze i[/b]n modern invention, please point it out to me or shut up.    
ermmm you meant' BLAZED THE TRAIL'   grin OLODO RABATA
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Yes ooo . . . . the deluded ones are those who actually admit to seeing him die after capturing him. Not you who was never there but are quick to believe instead a story that some US drone killed him, even after videos confirm he was captured alive and later killed by Libyans.

It is good to know your mental awareness is based on a blurred clip of video. No wonder you seem to vomit twisted craps on this forum.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

According to reports, his convoy was hit by a drone. He survived, tried to escape but was caught in the process. He was obviously not killed by the drone as evidenced by the video clips.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

I do not engage empty barrels in debates. However, there is absolutely nothing about exhibition of inferior mentality when a person exposes his or her weaknesses. If Nigeria has trailed the blaze in modern invention, please point it out to me or shut up.

Dede, lets feed our teeming population first before thinking of predator drones. We don't want any accidental discharge do we?
Small time now, you go hear say dede was accidentally hit by a predator drone. Nobody go no say na the pesin wey you steal im wife do am.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
buzugee:

ermmm you meant' BLAZED THE TRAIL'   grin OLODO RABATA

Olodo, this is the reason you should not be in a ballpark where invention is discussed. Even modern scripting is a wahala!!. Trailed the Blaze or trail blazed is action phrase while “Blaze the Trail” is idiomatic in nature, agbaya kekere. grin grin grin
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by texazz: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
Aigbofa:

According to reports, his convoy was hit by a drone. He survived, tried to escape but was caught in the process. He was obviously not killed by the drone as evidenced by the video clips.

Actually, his convoy was hit by missiles fired from a French Mirage Jet, not a US drone. US drones were in action in sirte at the moment, taking on armed targets. But the convoy itself was bombed by a French jet.

Gadaffi himself was NOT killed by an airstrike. The OP is full of fairytales
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by buzugee(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

Olodo, this is the reason you should not be in a ballpark where invention is discussed. Even modern scripting is a wahala!!. Trailed the Blaze or trail blazed is action phrase while “Blaze the Trail” is idiomatic in nature, agbaya kekere. grin grin grin        
yeye man. you wan cover up ya exposed yansh cheesy cheesy there is no such thing as' trail the blaze'
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
Aigbofa:

Dede, lets feed our teeming population first before thinking of predator drones. We don't want any accidental discharge do we?
Small time now, you go hear say dede was accidentally hit by a predator drone. Nobody go no say na the pesin wey you steal im wife do am.

Pal, how body? I am not talking about manufacturing drones. Like you mentioned feeding our teeming population is fine with me but industrialized agriculture requires home grown invention regardless rudimentary nature.
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Dede1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2011
buzugee:

yeye man. you wan cover up ya exposed yansh cheesy cheesy there is no such thing as' trail the blaze'

Yeye Agege Motor Road Area Boy!!! What do you know about inventions? Lazy imitator, Oloshi,
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by buzugee(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

Yeye Agege Motor Road Area Boy!!! What do you know about inventions? Lazy imitator, Oloshi,
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy not heard that word in a while
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2011
Aigbofa:

Story land , . did I ask you? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dede1:

It is good to know your mental awareness is based on a blurred clip of video. No wonder you seem to vomit twisted craps on this forum.     

Oh! Wait, you will not believe EYE WITNESS accounts telling you how he actually died. But you chose to BELIEVE RUSSIAN(note russians are not even there with NATO) story that tells you that he was killed by a US Drone You choose not to believe VIDEOS that clearly show a wounded Ghaddafi being hauled away by Libyans but you believe russia, from far away russia, saw it all go down and know a U.S drone called Hellfire "MADE THE KILL"? ROFLMAO!!!

Again, I ask, are you the genius in your household??  cry cry cry
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by johnblaze1: 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by ak47mann(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2011
Gaddafi was executed by the rebels with his golden piston it went right on his forehead cool cool
Re: Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^ That is what I suspect too. They probably turned his golden gun on him .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Declares George Soros Wanted Dead Or Alivs / Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Nigeria Gets New Permanent Secretary / Emperor Of Japan, Naruhito Arrives In UK For Queen Elizabeth II Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.