Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? (1492 Views)

How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 5:57am On Oct 07, 2023
Hi guys.
I recently got a remote job and my employer pays my monthly salary through Deel.
I want to save the money in dollars, considering the rate at which the Naira is losing value.

I have a domiciliary account but I'm afraid of sending the funds to it. Since there's no dollar in the country, banks may not be willing to give me the money when I need it.

I've considered leaving the money on Deel but Deel automatically withdraws the money for you after 30days.

So remote workers and those that transact regularly in dollars, how do you save your funds?
For those that use dom, do you readily withdraw your funds when you need it?

Every input is appreciated.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by CooldipoMPS: 6:13am On Oct 07, 2023
This is an interesting topic for many remote workers and even regular joes. I sell powerbank for Laptop and rechargeable fans
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by wittywriter: 6:33am On Oct 07, 2023
Simply link it to any USD account like Wise or Gpay...as long as you are payment gateway usage savvy one can always save personal earnings in usd/usdt form safely and also withdraw seamlessly to any currency virtually via online.
For me i save in usdt form.
ANTAX99:
I think it depends on the amount. Withdrawal is often not an issue when the amount is not that much. Most bank should pay you in USD if the amount is not that huge.

But please, how did you get the remote job. I am seriously searching for similar opportunity.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
OP mentioned Deel...but let's wait for a response.
chipsypop:

Pls where do you save your usdt in?
Binance & Trustwallet...i hope you know how to stay safe using cryptowallets?.

Wittyness.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by ANTAX99: 6:33am On Oct 07, 2023
I think it depends on the amount. Withdrawal is often not an issue when the amount is not that much. Most bank should pay you in USD if the amount is not that huge.

But please, how did you get the remote job. I am seriously searching for similar opportunity.

Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by sedIoyol(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2023
chipsypop:
Hi guys.
I recently got a remote job and my employer pays my monthly salary through Deel.
I want to save the money in dollars, considering the rate at which the Naira is losing value.

I have a domiciliary account but I'm afraid of sending the funds to it. Since there's no dollar in the country, banks may not be willing to give me the money when I need it.

I've considered leaving the money on Deel but Deel automatically withdraws the money for you after 30days.

So remote workers and those that transact regularly in dollars, how do you save your funds?

your domiciliary account is still the best. There are individual who buy funds in domiciliary account.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jbleenk: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2023
Your best bet is opening a Binance or any digital wallet account. If you don’t know how to go about this I can put you through.

Do this and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by TheFreshVanilla: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2023
Domiciliary account is still the best. You can do dollar transfer to aboki exchanger anytime and he will send you naira equivalent.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by dawnomike(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2023
chipsypop:
Hi guys.

USDT (Crypto), Wise app(formerly transferwise), Risevest app, Perfect money, pillow app etc
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by ChineduObinna(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2023
Well FBN Money Market would be your best option, you can save in naira or dollars or pounds, it currently has an annual interest of about 11%.

You can visit the nearest First Bank branch for directions
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2023
wittywriter:
Simply link it to any USD account like Wise or Gpay...as long as you are payment gateway usage savvy one can always save personal earnings in usd/usdt form safely and also withdraw seamlessly to any currency virtually via online.

Wittyness.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2023
wittywriter:

Wittyness.

Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2023
ANTAX99:

There could be a situation where you would want to to withdraw a few thousands of dollars, I doubt any bank would be will willing to pay that amount. The last time I went to GTBank for dollars, a fellow costumer wasn't allowed to withdraw just 600 dollars. That was even before things got this bad.

For the job, a friend already working with the company referred me. You can also try Upwork and LinkedIn.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2023
sedIoyol:
your domiciliary account is still the best. There are individual who buy funds in domiciliary account.
Pls can you give more details on this?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:21am On Oct 07, 2023
Jbleenk:
Your best bet is opening a Binance or any digital wallet account. If you don’t know how to go about this I can put you through.

Pls I'm interested, can you throw more light?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Domiciliary account is still the best. You can do dollar transfer to aboki exchanger anytime and he will send you naira equivalent.
Like I'll go with him to the bank to make the transfer?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Well FBN Money Market would be your best option, you can save in naira or dollars or pounds, it currently has an annual interest of about 11%.

You can visit the nearest First Bank branch for directions
Would I be able to withdraw all the money in dollars if I want?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by chipsypop(m): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2023
dawnomike:
USDT (Crypto), Wise app(formerly transferwise), Risevest app, Perfect money, pillow app etc
Do you use anyone in particular?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jbleenk: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
chipsypop:

Pls I'm interested, can you throw more light?

Call me on 08185227133 will put you through
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by MrsTwrite(f): 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2023
I'm also interested in the remote job.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by hspda: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
chipsypop:
Hi guys.

Withdraw your money, open a binance account, buy USDT with your naira. Your money is saved in crypto. That's how I've been doing for the past 3 years. If you ain't crypto savvy, try and find legit exchanger here, he/she will put you through.
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by SavageResponse(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
chipsypop:

So long as it's not proceeds of fraud no bank can tell you not to withdraw your funds in US$.

The most that will happen is they will tell you they don't have enough cash but that usually happens when you try to withdraw from a branch in a remote location or where they don't usually get physical forex deposits by other customers

I personally have withdrawn up to $1,400 at a time from my dom account in GTB Ilupeju branch.

You need to guard your dom account details very carefully, in fact make sure that you do not link or use it for any online transactions!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by favor914: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2023
chipsypop:
Hi guys.

Is this a joke statement?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by ChineduObinna(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2023
chipsypop:

Yes, if you save in Dollars, you withdraw in Dollars, Dave in Naira, withdraw in Naira
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jeon(f): 3:00pm On Feb 26
Jbleenk:

Call me on 08185227133 will put you through
hello

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jbleenk: 8:06am On Feb 27
Jeon:

hello

Hi, good day. How ca I help you?
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jeon(f): 8:56pm On Feb 27
Good evening, I holled you for this.

Jbleenk:

Can you please put me through?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jbleenk: 6:07am On Feb 28
Jeon:
Good evening, I holled you for this.

Can you please put me through?.

Sure I can put you thru. Call me 08185227133
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Akposkiz: 6:26am On Feb 28
Interested!
Re: How Do I Save My Money In Dollars? by Jeon(f): 7:08am On Feb 28
Jbleenk:

Sure I can put you thru. Call me
OK, I will. Thanks .

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Your Window To China Business / 21 Online Businesses To Do: / Annual Advertising Budget Of Nigerian Banks, Telcomes And Top Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.