Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,040 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

How A Friend Betrayed My Trust - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Friend Betrayed My Trust (932 Views)

Help! My Best Friend Betrayed Me! / My Wife Betrayed My Trust / My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by GravityDefier: 6:36am On Oct 07, 2023
I traveled and handed my keys to a close friend. We've known each other for over 6 years. Left behind some raw food items (rice, beans and garri) and provisions (indomie, milk, honey, custard etc).

I couldn't believe my eyes that my food items and provisions were exhausted. He would clean the house and whenever it was time to leave he would go with food items. My bag of rice wasn't left out, what is left is less than two custards of rice. Wait 🤔, did he sell my rice? All these without even informing me and I'm not even dead o 😲. All these just within two months.

Some friends are just leeches and opportunists. Am I alone in this boat or someone has done similar thing to you?
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by dawnomike(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2023
He was taking them as wages for cleaning and maintaining your house grin

Dude needed to eat

7 Likes

Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Stevenbright(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2023
Do you have any agreement with him to help clean the house?

Anyway, cut him off. He is not a friend!

If he is a friend, he would have used his discretion in taking those things at least at a minimum/acceptable level and also dignify you by asking upfront.

He is one of those that thinks they are smart while others are not. Very entitled and wicked lots. If you think my opinions are wrong, just ask him why he did that. He will play down the whole thing by saying the things he carried where not as much as you are saying and he might even get angry with you.

2 Likes

Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2023
Arrrrrrrh

You didn't tell him what to touch and what not to touch. You didn't remove anything that might entice his eyes. You didn't remove a spare keg that has all your valuables locked inside a room. Your assumptions has brought this on you.

Anything, food if you no want give no dey keep am for people's reach. Hunger dey! Hungry man no dey see free food leave am. This matter no be trust matter na hunger man. Next time, lock your valuables or just zero your mind on it that it will be used.

I don't blame your friend, I blame you. This has nothing to do with trust or betrayal.
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by kernniejay(m): 8:19am On Oct 07, 2023
Your friend definitely thinks you are richer than him and taking your foodstuffs away, you will easily buy new ones. Let him know that you are disappointed in him and you wont be able to leave the house for him next time.

1 Like

Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by PaganTerrorist: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2023
Use him buy AMG

Carry am go baba alawo
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by vincenteger: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
My dear
No reason am
Let it go
I know there's hunger in the land and see it as the price you paid for his services.

Don't even end your friendship too but see a way you can limit him from coming to your place becos he believes you'll replace those things.
I hope you have collected your keys

3 Likes

Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by GravityDefier: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
@dawnomike 😁, a little wouldn't have bothered me. Just within two months

Dude needed to eat but not emptying my foodstuffs.

@Stevenbright No agreement to clean the house. The spare key was just in case of emergency.

@gaius01 I didn't tell him what to touch and what not to. He asks me whenever I'm around but taking it without my notice is what pissed me off

@kernniejay He saw the disappointment in my tone already

@vincenteger I've already taken my keys
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Jgirlboy: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
Your friend will betray your due to her 🔥🥵😍
https://youtube.com/shorts/0Gbzlbhm3Es
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by ahnie: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
Such a healthy leech.
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Urexcellency: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
6 years you said?
If its 6 years, all those foods items are perishable if not properly kept, it will go bad, though he doesn't have right to touch your things without your permission.
But you traveled for 6 years and expect to meet those foods item in that house? House that you gave someone the key....
GravityDefier:
I traveled and handed my keys to a close friend of over 6 years. Left behind some raw food items (rice, beans and garri) and provisions (indomie, milk, honey, custard etc).

I couldn't believe my eyes that my food items and provisions were exhausted. He would clean the house and whenever it was time to leave he would go with food items. My bag of rice wasn't left out, what is left is less than two custards of rice. Wait 🤔, did he sell my rice? All these without even informing me and I'm not even dead o 😲.

Some friends are just leeches and opportunists. Am I alone in this boat or someone has done similar thing to you?
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Zanzibar1: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
What he did was wrong but if he didn't always go to your room to clean it up, rat and other insects would have invaded the food.

He was supposed to ask your permission before taking anything or eating your stuff tho.
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by mariahAngel(f): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
One word; greed.

Op, for how long were you gone?
Did he know when you were coming back?

vincenteger:
My dear
No reason am
Let it go
I know there's hunger in the land and see it as the price you paid for his services.

Don't even end your friendship too but see a way you can limit him from coming to your place becos he believes you'll replace those things.
I hope you have collected your keys

So?
Does that justify greediness and entitlement mentality?
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Wujio: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2023
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

You didn't tell him what to touch and what not to touch. You didn't remove anything that might entice his eyes. You didn't remove a spare keg that has all your valuables locked inside a room. Your assumptions has brought this on you.

Anything, food if you no want give no dey keep am for people's reach. Hunger dey! Hungry man no dey see free food leave am. This matter no be trust matter na hunger man. Next time, lock your valuables or just zero your mind on it that it will be used.

I don't blame your friend, I blame you. This has nothing to do with trust or betrayal.

Stop being silly. Hungry dey na him bag of rice miss. Smh. Thieves
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wujio:

Stop being silly. Hungry dey na him bag of rice miss. Smh. Thieves

When you create a boundary, anybody that cross over has breached the boundary. But when you assume and think people won't cross then you are joking. Cause when they cross you shouldn't be angry or surprise cause your assumption bagged the result you have.
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by GravityDefier: 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
Urexcellency:
6 years you said?
If its 6 years, all those foods items are perishable if not properly kept, it will go bad, though he doesn't have right to touch your things without your permission.
But you traveled for 6 years and expect to meet those foods item in that house? House that you gave someone the key....

We have known each other for about 6 years plus. I was away from home for two months
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by GravityDefier: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
Zanzibar1:
What he did was wrong but if he didn't always go to your room to clean it up, rat and other insects would have invaded the food.

He was supposed to ask your permission before taking anything or eating your stuff tho.

We've known for 6 years. I was away for just two months
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by GravityDefier: 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
mariahAngel:
One word; greed.

Op, for how long were you gone?
Did he know when you were coming back?

So?
Does that justify greediness and entitlement mentality?

All these things happened just within two months. He was surprised to see me. He thought I would stay longer and this is even the first time I handed my spare keys to him while away
Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Day169: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
Please don't worry much about it @ GravityDefier!
May your success and abundance continue to "defy gravity" (ie naysayers and negative people).

1 Like

Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by IyaTola: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
He's your brother.. Men should help each other because they never betray you...
And also your rewards await you in heaven. Unlike Women.

1 Like

Re: How A Friend Betrayed My Trust by Oyindidi(f): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
I for chop the food too, even the nlders you dey complain to for do even worse.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

At 29 I Feel Suicidal Everyday I Wake Up / A Woman Has Six Kids, Unmarried, Lives With Her Parents, No Job? / Survey - Professions Most Likely To Engeg In Infidelty(american)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.