Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd (21060 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 7:01am On Oct 08, 2023
Let me tell you the Ikoyi format because when I went there there had been people coming for many days and hadn't collected it because the queue is just too much.

So when I GOT there I went to the immigration officer woman who helped me with my application, she gave me a very good advice, she First asked me, are you travelling ? I said no, she said, JUST FORGET ABOUT COLLECTING IT THIS WEEK THAT THE QUEUE IS TOO MUCH AND THAT I SHOULD COME IN LIKE 2 WEEKS TIME WHEN THE RUSH TO COLLECT HAS SUBSIDED. I mulled the idea over and thought ? Hmmm ok let me go and see what she is talking about.

So I went to the collections. The crowd there was like that of the World Cup finals in a stadium. The crowd stagger me. So I decided this woman gave me good advice, let me go home.

I will come back in November when the rush has subsided. However I wanted to be sure that my passport has been issued before I left the premises so they directed me to this office where they asked for my enrolment number.

I gave it to them. After 2 minutes the lady told me your passport has been issued and go to the collections to collect it. You see ehn, after she told me that my passport had been issued the kind of STRONGHEAD that overtook me ?

I then decided I may as well try to see if I can collect it. I entered into that sea of people at the collections, it was hell, people just pushing you about, stepping on your shoe, everybody sweating and frustrated. I contested with the crowd for like one hour, then I started hearing stories of people lamenting that they have been coming everyday for days and have been unable to get it because of the huge crowd.

My liver just fail me. I then decided it's in my best interest to come back in November after all I am not collecting the passport because I wanted to travel. But my STRONGHEAD kicked in again and I dipped hand inside my pocket.

There was 10,000 sitting there just languishing. So I decided its time to do business. So I started greeting every officer I saw and told them I want to do business.

They thought maybe I was undercover journalist and just laughed and walked by but this particular guy had a jovial face. I kept over-greeting him anytime he walked by and finally he pulled up and said what do you want ?

I said chairman I want to collect my passport but that crowd is staggering and scary. I said I am willing to pay 10k. The man looked at me intensely and said listen I don't do that .

Then he walked away. 10 minutes later he walked back and said what's your name and enrolment number , he took it and disappeared. He reappeared 10 minutes later with my passport in his hands and directed me to where I was to do the final process. That's how I got the passport in the midst of a football crowd who had been coming for days.

I was willing to part with the last 10,000 in my pocket but I ended up not parting with a kobo and getting the passport.

MAY THE LORD BLESS THAT OFFICER ABUNDANTLY AMEN. GOOD MAN.

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 08, 2023
Lucky you. In this time of social media and investigative journalism most won’t even give you face. In fact it might get you into trouble as they can arrest you for trying to implicate them and once you can’t prove you are a journalist Omo you won don be o. You’ll part with more than 10k and still not get the passport.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 7:21am On Oct 08, 2023
DominusPrime:
Lucky you. In this time of social media and investigative journalism most won’t even give you face. In fact it might get you into trouble as they can arrest you for trying to implicate them and once you can’t prove you are a journalist Omo you won don be o. You’ll part with more than 10k and still not get the passport.
cheesy cheesy really ? i didnt think that deeply about the consequences or i would not have tried it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by marenx: 7:27am On Oct 08, 2023
You're really lucky. Even Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the celebrity, didn't find it easy. But shamefully, Benin Republic, a country that isn't bigger than Rivers doesn't have this skirmishes.

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2023
marenx:
You're really lucky. Even Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the celebrity, didn't find it easy. But shamefully, Benin Republic, a country that isn't bigger than Rivers doesn't have this skirmishes.
yeah it's a tough environment. My advice to anyone not in a hurry to travel ? Just leave it till November. Hopefully then the rush has subsided

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2023
last year October.. i was in this same situation but mine was at Akure, Ondo state.. the madness and rush for passport was out of this world.. i left Lagos for Akure kos the date for capturing would be a long time. i didn't mind the transport and stress so i left for ONDO STATE for my passport too. the crowd was massive too but i was able to get it done the second day and i had it collected by February this year. surprisingly, the date on the passport issuance was February too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by eepeepook: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2023
I no dey read thread without paragraphs.

Good, an OP with commonsense. It was modified.

The man wanted to prove the stereotype of immigration officers always collecting bribes wrong. You were only lucky. It wasn’t stubborn head which saved you.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Randal: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lucky you
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Welland5: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
indeed, he was lucky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by wunmi590(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2023

You are saying the fact, the crowed there is always too much, I pass there everyday to lekki...

My wife passport and mine has expired, I never even get time to to process it..

I'm always scared of the crowed, because I want to do for my daughter also, but I know when I'm gingered enough I will call my mum to help me call Fuad our local government chairman to link me up with the officers that will assist me...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Dshocker(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
Beautiful.... But the officer expected you give him the money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Treasure17(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Just anyhow country.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by inoki247: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lol Omo that Officer's gamble with his Job oh.....

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by accordadoga27(f): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hehehehe

Lucky you.

10 months now, my husband has not gotten his own passport.

My last born has been battling with his for the past 5 months

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2023
ok thanks moderators. we FP baby grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by adesegun121(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ok
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Mide70: 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
If you are like me that waited for 4months after capturing before collecting yours because you couldn't fast track Due to the high billing from agent/officers say yeyeyeyeyeye grin grin .... This country ehn not a single sector is clean ... That officer just okayed along ni and acted nice, 95% of them na crook mtchewww
Funny enough did you know Nigeria immigration office no get reasonable online presence ? No one will answer your question on passport issues on Twitter X or any other app .. in this 21st century ??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
Arrrrrrrh

Nigeria My Country, Smh 🤦‍♂️😩
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Vifx: 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good for you
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by saasala(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:
Let me tell you the Ikoyi format because when I went there there had been people coming for many days and hadn't collected it because the queue is just too much.

So when I GOT there I went to the immigration officer woman who helped me with my application, she gave me a very good advice, she First asked me, are you travelling ? I said no, she said, JUST FORGET ABOUT COLLECTING IT THIS WEEK THAT THE QUEUE IS TOO MUCH AND THAT I SHOULD COME IN LIKE 2 WEEKS TIME WHEN THE RUSH TO COLLECT HAS SUBSIDED. I mulled the idea over and thought ? Hmmm ok let me go and see what she is talking about.

So I went to the collections. The crowd there was like that of the World Cup finals in a stadium. The crowd stagger me. So I decided this woman gave me good advice, let me go home.

I will come back in November when the rush has subsided. However I wanted to be sure that my passport has been issued before I left the premises so they directed me to this office where they asked for my enrolment number.

I gave it to them. After 2 minutes the lady told me your passport has been issued and go to the collections to collect it. You see ehn, after she told me that my passport had been issued the kind of STRONGHEAD that overtook me ?

I then decided I may as well try to see if I can collect it. I entered into that sea of people at the collections, it was hell, people just pushing you about, stepping on your shoe, everybody sweating and frustrated. I contested with the crowd for like one hour, then I started hearing stories of people lamenting that they have been coming everyday for days and have been unable to get it because of the huge crowd.

My liver just fail me. I then decided it's in my best interest to come back in November after all I am not collecting the passport because I wanted to travel. But my STRONGHEAD kicked in again and I dipped hand inside my pocket.

There was 10,000 sitting there just languishing. So I decided its time to do business. So I started greeting every officer I saw and told them I want to do business.

They thought maybe I was undercover journalist and just laughed and walked by but this particular guy had a jovial face. I kept over-greeting him anytime he walked by and finally he pulled up and said what do you want ?

I said chairman I want to collect my passport but that crowd is staggering and scary. I said I am willing to pay 10k. The man looked at me intensely and said listen I don't do that .

Then he walked away. 10 minutes later he walked back and said what's your name and enrolment number , he took it and disappeared. He reappeared 10 minutes later with my passport in his hands and directed me to where I was to do the final process. That's how I got the passport in the midst of a football crowd who had been coming for days.

I was willing to part with the last 10,000 in my pocket but I ended up not parting with a kobo and getting the passport.

Before I pull your kind of stunt, I must ask these very important questions.

Are you a lady?

If yes, are you pretty? Do you have yansh and/or big breassts?

Is the officer that attended to you a male or female

If male, did he later make any pass at you or collect your number?

Your answers will help determine my next move.

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
I don't know how you will make it in this country if your leg is not long and you don't know someone and you are Mr Nobody.
Afterall Religious people with shoulder high will beat chest and call it favour to spite the person wey no get that luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Princewill1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
End Japa Syndrome And Fix Your Country!

Nigeria is in a mess no doubt.

Why do black people especially Nigerians always want it the easy way? We are too lazy to build anything from the ground up. We always like finished products. That's why we consume a lot and produces nothing.

The youths are who are doing this japa thing are in their military age. Instead of using their strength to take back the country from these greedy old men who have cease the country, they rather prefers to use it to go and wash corpse in Europe and America.

Truth is, years ago the place you are running to was like today's Nigeria. But their youths never run away.

The youths should shun tribalism and organize for a revolution.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by owiko(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
D
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Urheadmaster(m): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
You'd could've just said how you bribed a security officer to get your passport tongue
sukkot:

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Mide70: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
wunmi590:

You are saying the fact, the crowed there is always too much, I pass there everyday to lekki...

My wife passport and mine has expired, I never even get time to to process it..

I'm always scared of the crowed, because I want to do for my daughter also, but I know when I'm gingered enough I will call my mum to help me call Fuad our local government chairman to link me up with the officers that will assist me...
Alausa Ikeja passport office will shock you too ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delay In Visa / 5 Common People You'll Meet In Vehicles During Any Festive Period / Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.