Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd (21089 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sajiwere(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Sea of people? Then, God is fulfilling His promised to patriarch Father Abraham!

sukkot:
Let me tell you the Ikoyi format because when I went there there had been people coming for many days and hadn't collected it because the queue is just too much.

So when I GOT there I went to the immigration officer woman who helped me with my application, she gave me a very good advice, she First asked me, are you travelling ? I said no, she said, JUST FORGET ABOUT COLLECTING IT THIS WEEK THAT THE QUEUE IS TOO MUCH AND THAT I SHOULD COME IN LIKE 2 WEEKS TIME WHEN THE RUSH TO COLLECT HAS SUBSIDED. I mulled the idea over and thought ? Hmmm ok let me go and see what she is talking about.

So I went to the collections. The crowd there was like that of the World Cup finals in a stadium. The crowd stagger me. So I decided this woman gave me good advice, let me go home.

I will come back in November when the rush has subsided. However I wanted to be sure that my passport has been issued before I left the premises so they directed me to this office where they asked for my enrolment number.

I gave it to them. After 2 minutes the lady told me your passport has been issued and go to the collections to collect it. You see ehn, after she told me that my passport had been issued the kind of STRONGHEAD that overtook me ?

I then decided I may as well try to see if I can collect it. I entered into that sea of people at the collections, it was hell, people just pushing you about, stepping on your shoe, everybody sweating and frustrated. I contested with the crowd for like one hour, then I started hearing stories of people lamenting that they have been coming everyday for days and have been unable to get it because of the huge crowd.

My liver just fail me. I then decided it's in my best interest to come back in November after all I am not collecting the passport because I wanted to travel. But my STRONGHEAD kicked in again and I dipped hand inside my pocket.

There was 10,000 sitting there just languishing. So I decided its time to do business. So I started greeting every officer I saw and told them I want to do business.

They thought maybe I was undercover journalist and just laughed and walked by but this particular guy had a jovial face. I kept over-greeting him anytime he walked by and finally he pulled up and said what do you want ?

I said chairman I want to collect my passport but that crowd is staggering and scary. I said I am willing to pay 10k. The man looked at me intensely and said listen I don't do that .

Then he walked away. 10 minutes later he walked back and said what's your name and enrolment number , he took it and disappeared. He reappeared 10 minutes later with my passport in his hands and directed me to where I was to do the final process. That's how I got the passport in the midst of a football crowd who had been coming for days.

I was willing to part with the last 10,000 in my pocket but I ended up not parting with a kobo and getting the passport.

MAY THE LORD BLESS THAT OFFICER ABUNDANTLY AMEN. GOOD MAN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by OctavianAC(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:
Let me tell you the Ikoyi format because when I went there there had been people coming for many days and hadn't collected it because the queue is just too much.

So when I GOT there I went to the immigration officer woman who helped me with my application, she gave me a very good advice, she First asked me, are you travelling ? I said no, she said, JUST FORGET ABOUT COLLECTING IT THIS WEEK THAT THE QUEUE IS TOO MUCH AND THAT I SHOULD COME IN LIKE 2 WEEKS TIME WHEN THE RUSH TO COLLECT HAS SUBSIDED. I mulled the idea over and thought ? Hmmm ok let me go and see what she is talking about.

So I went to the collections. The crowd there was like that of the World Cup finals in a stadium. The crowd stagger me. So I decided this woman gave me good advice, let me go home.

I will come back in November when the rush has subsided. However I wanted to be sure that my passport has been issued before I left the premises so they directed me to this office where they asked for my enrolment number.

I gave it to them. After 2 minutes the lady told me your passport has been issued and go to the collections to collect it. You see ehn, after she told me that my passport had been issued the kind of STRONGHEAD that overtook me ?

I then decided I may as well try to see if I can collect it. I entered into that sea of people at the collections, it was hell, people just pushing you about, stepping on your shoe, everybody sweating and frustrated. I contested with the crowd for like one hour, then I started hearing stories of people lamenting that they have been coming everyday for days and have been unable to get it because of the huge crowd.

My liver just fail me. I then decided it's in my best interest to come back in November after all I am not collecting the passport because I wanted to travel. But my STRONGHEAD kicked in again and I dipped hand inside my pocket.

There was 10,000 sitting there just languishing. So I decided its time to do business. So I started greeting every officer I saw and told them I want to do business.

They thought maybe I was undercover journalist and just laughed and walked by but this particular guy had a jovial face. I kept over-greeting him anytime he walked by and finally he pulled up and said what do you want ?

I said chairman I want to collect my passport but that crowd is staggering and scary. I said I am willing to pay 10k. The man looked at me intensely and said listen I don't do that .

Then he walked away. 10 minutes later he walked back and said what's your name and enrolment number , he took it and disappeared. He reappeared 10 minutes later with my passport in his hands and directed me to where I was to do the final process. That's how I got the passport in the midst of a football crowd who had been coming for days.

I was willing to part with the last 10,000 in my pocket but I ended up not parting with a kobo and getting the passport.

Hope you know you are a spoilt Nigerian by trying to give bribe?
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by TheMostComplex1: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nawa for Lagos. My passport I renewed last year & got it around three weeks with the official price.
Lagos state una well done .
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
I dont blame tinubu for dumping nigerian passport for guinean own.A guinean is your president select.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
OctavianAC:

the immigration personnel are hoarding passports so that the applicants can bribe them.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by hefelove(m): 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hello everyone, i am looking for car to driver.
If you have a car for UBER/Bolt. Please contact me if you have a car to rent out
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by SoNature(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2023
famology:
Ordinary change of name for NIN office I bribe with 15k. Naija is gone...... nobody to cry to. They'll tell u face to face go tell who u wan tell. Mtcheeeew

Pay the money. It's not their fault that you made a mistake with your name. If you try that with your passport, I swear you could pay 50k or more. If 15k is the fine you have to pay to correct your mistake, then pay it.

I wish WAEC would even collect money from me to correct the error on my certificate that bears the date of birth of a man four years older than me. The embarrassment is unbearable. Everywhere the certificate goes, it goes with an affidavit, making me look like a younger version of the man in Aso Rock.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Waqes900: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:
cheesy cheesy really ? i didnt think that deeply about the consequences or i would not have tried it
Can please you explain this to me, while i tried tracking my application

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Xkale1996(m): 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:

so the man did not collect your money abi how
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
Xkale1996:
so the man did not collect your money abi how
he refused it

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
Waqes900:

Can please you explain this to me, while i tried tracking my application
ahhh go there ASAP to find out what is happening .
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
OctavianAC:

its black tax. its necessary sometimes

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by famology(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2023
SoNature:

Pay the money. It's not their fault that you made a mistake with your name. If you try that with your passport, I swear you could pay 50k or more. If 15k is the fine you have to pay to correct your mistake, then pay it.

I wish WAEC would even collect money from me to correct the error on my certificate that bears the date of birth of a man four years older than me. The embarrassment is unbearable. Everywhere the certificate goes, it goes with an affidavit, making me look like a younger version of the man in Aso Rock.

How are you anyway different from the man in Aso rock or any of the criminal politicians in Nigeria? You're encouraging bribery in offices where people are being paid by government to do a job for you and I. The same you are criticizing the man in Aso rock. You'll be more satanic if you find your way to Aso rock. Correction of names in Nin is officially less than 1k to government coffers through remita. But the workers paid by government to do the corrections will demand bribe from you to effect the changes. That's what you're encouraging? Bloody hypocrite just fvck off!
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by OctavianAC(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2023
Revolution2022:
the immigration personnel are hoarding passports so that the applicants can bribe them.
Like really?
Most Immigration staff from the South are something else sha. The last time I went to do .y passport in Port Harcourt. It was one guy from the North that made it easy for me. My fellow Southern brothers in the office didn't care to help me.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by SoNature(m): 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
famology:

How are you anyway different from the man in Aso rock or any of the criminal politicians in Nigeria? You're encouraging bribery in offices where people are being paid by government to do a job for you and I. The same you are criticizing the man in Aso rock. You'll be more satanic if you find your way to Aso rock. Correction of names in Nin is officially less than 1k to government coffers through remita. But the workers paid by government to do the corrections will demand bribe from you to effect the changes. That's what you're encouraging? Bloody hypocrite just fvck off!

You are not making any sense. If you make mistakes, you pay a fine to correct it. That's how those things work. WAEC was correcting those mistakes before, but they've stopped it. Go and pay that money and stop arguing.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Postgraduatengr: 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
placeofallure:

I got mine at the Ikeja Passport Office, that Assbifi Road. That was some months ago just before Tinubu was sworn in. I got the VIP treatment. They called me from home that I should come pick it. I got there, despite the mammoth crowd that they refused entrance, I only needed to mention a name and they flung the doors open. I looked at one of the officers intensely, he couldn't resist the charm, he led me to the office and returned to his post. At the office, they were expecting me, I just filled some form and I was done. Altogether, I didn't spend 20 mins at the Passport Office. Don't ask me how, wads of currency have gone in between, not at my expense so e no concern me.
I will be at Alausa ikeja passport office tomorrow. Please share your contact so I can be given easy entry. Thanks
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Mhizzard(m): 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
emmanuelpopson:
last year October.. i was in this same situation but mine was at Akure, Ondo state.. the madness and rush for passport was out of this world.. i left Lagos for Akure kos the date for capturing would be a long time. i didn't mind the transport and stress so i left for ONDO STATE for my passport too. the crowd was massive too but i was able to get it done the second day and i had it collected by February this year. surprisingly, the date on the passport issuance was February too
how much are they issueing passport?
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by PaulH07: 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2023
emmanuelpopson:
last year October.. i was in this same situation but mine was at Akure, Ondo state.. the madness and rush for passport was out of this world.. i left Lagos for Akure kos the date for capturing would be a long time. i didn't mind the transport and stress so i left for ONDO STATE for my passport too. the crowd was massive too but i was able to get it done the second day and i had it collected by February this year. surprisingly, the date on the passport issuance was February too

Me that wants to renew and edit the name on my passport nko?

Shey I won't wait till eternity laidis?
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2023
Mhizzard:

how much are they issueing passport?

officially it is 26k.. which is DIY but when it comes to fast tracking its more but lemme tell u something.. there is nothing like fast track.. they will collect your money and follow due process...and the normal waiting will be like a month or more..
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by ericmor: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:

May be he want you out of there because you could spoil business for them or he thought you are undercover trying to offer then bribe and get them busted. He could also be one of those good officers around that shows concerns when you get their attention

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by lozanni(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:

Is the crowd still so much at the Ikoyi Passport office ? I need to collect mine this week
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Mhizzard(m): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
emmanuelpopson:

officially it is 26k.. which is DIY but when it comes to fast tracking its more but lemme tell u something.. there is nothing like fast track.. they will collect your money and follow due process...and the normal waiting will be like a month or more..
thanks for the respones.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by HRMK: 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
YOU KNOW THIS STORY OF YOURS COULD LAND YOU IN JAIL!
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by jameschibuike(m): 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
Mine was very easy.
Before I started the process first thing I did was to PRAY.
I prayed for God's favour cos it was my first time doing it.
The day they said I should come and pickup was easy too.
Before leaving the house I PRAYED.
I got to the collection center. Quietly sat down.
People where there complaining.
I got there around 11:30am I collected it 12:45pm. I got mine, left there, they were still there complaining.
My advice to people is let God be involve in the things you do.
HIS grace is available

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Whois(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
I did capturing in ikoyi in June and my passport was ready for collection in September, I went to collect it this October, I followed due process and waited for only an hour, IMHO The process is fast even duh people waiting for collection were much. Anyways the rowdiness will soon be a thing of the past
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by franconian: 2:46am On Oct 25, 2023
wunmi590:

Baba, I know ooo...

I dey even fear self 😆

I went for collection last week, I was surprised that the crowd is nowhere as large as it used to be. They do things faster now... I got there around 11 AM and was looking for the usual long queue outside the compound but was told to go in. I submitted my slip immediately. Finally collect around 1:30 PM. Before I used to spend the whole day there only to be told "it's not ready".

I think the new person in charge is putting them on their toes, after sometime it may be business as usual. You should try to renew now before them scatter everything again.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by SKhanmi: 3:18am On Oct 25, 2023
wunmi590:

Baba, I know ooo...

I dey even fear self 😆

Took someone there to capture for the first time. Paid online. Didn't take up to 15mins. No bribes.

The crowd was way far lesser also.

You might want to renew as fast as possible before things change.

Would be renewing mine there instead of at Ikoyi.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 4:33am On Oct 25, 2023
lozanni:

Is the crowd still so much at the Ikoyi Passport office ? I need to collect mine this week
i think the crowd will persist till december. everybody wan japa grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by sukkot: 4:35am On Oct 25, 2023
ericmor:

May be he want you out of there because you could spoil business for them or he thought you are undercover trying to offer then bribe and get them busted. He could also be one of those good officers around that shows concerns when you get their attention
yeah he was the bolded
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by luizpippo(m): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Paid 42k and got it in 7 working days.
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Chinexx75: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
You were trying to corrupt an officer of the federation republic. Too bad
Re: How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd by Primusinterpares(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
famology:
Ordinary change of name for NIN office I bribe with 15k. Naija is gone...... nobody to cry to. They'll tell u face to face go tell who u wan tell. Mtcheeeew
I paid 35k for this then
Did capturing which I paid an agent about 50k
Fast track and got my E passport with 30k. That all those take 2k , 3k, buy lunch etc nor join o.
But my passport was brought to me.

I had to resort to using money because I realized that I was spending more and wasting time going to their office everytime with nothing.
Most times I end up spending the day without achieving anything... And the next day they tell you that no network.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Shut Abuja Airport For 6 Weeks / Delay In Visa / Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.