Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC (11174 Views)

Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun / Appeal Court Sacks Abacha, Restores Wali As PDP Kano Guber Candidate / Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Bobloco: 7:04am On Oct 08, 2023
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has opened up on the issues surrounding the letter in circulation signifying the commission stand not to participate in the appeal against the Kano Governorship Election Petition Tribunal judgement sacking Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).

The Head of legal Department in Kano, Barrister Suleiman Alkali, who signed the letter in circulation, told Daily Trust in a chat that it was the tribunal secretariat that requested the electoral umpire to write the said letter.

Speaking behind the issuance of the letter in the first place and later withdrawn, he said the tribunal requested the letter.

“The letter was mischievously requested by the Tribunal Secretary and I wrote to them for a purpose and they deliberately escalated it. The letter had been withdrawn. It no longer has legal backing,” he said via a text message.

While the tribunal secretary did not respond to inquiries, an official at the tribunal registry, who asked not to be identified, told our reporter during a visit to the registry on Saturday that the letter was never submitted.

“We did not receive anything here and if they claim that, they should produce the acknowledged copy.

“When he (the HOD legal) approached us with the issue via phone we said no and asked him to put it formally in writing.

“However, we are not the ones to entertain that but our head office in Abuja. We also work under directives of our superiors,” one of the officials, who asked not to be mentioned confirmed.

Daily Trust, however gathered that a Notice of Appeal was filed on behalf of INEC on October 3 by the law office of Dikko & Mahmoud, the law firm of A.B Mahmood (SAN), a former president of the Nigeria Bar Association.

https://dailytrust.com/tribunal-requested-us-to-withdraw-from-kano-guber-appeal-inec/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by TemplarLandry: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by marenx: 7:19am On Oct 08, 2023
Nigerian judiciary is made clouded, twisted and jagajaga even to lawyers themselves especially when it comes to election matters.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by alwayzonlyn(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2023
When you thought you've heard it all ... lipsrsealed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by sevenhundred(m): 8:29am On Oct 08, 2023
marenx:
Nigerian judiciary is made clouded, twisted and jagajaga even to lawyers themselves especially when it comes to election matters.
from day one you will know that the judges are biased.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by AntiChristian: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2023
A good Nigeria begins with me and you!

Not only these politicians!

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by BTC7070: 8:37am On Oct 08, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by IgOga(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2023
grin
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by iamtardey: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2023
Just for election results.
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by abobote: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2023
INEC and APC at it again

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Ayodekfarms(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2023
Ganduje hand

14 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Godjone(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2023
grin

This now make me to believe that the judgment Tsamani read that day was written by the APC people. Judiciary has become useless and rotten

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Ofunaofu: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Yes bro

It begins with us
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by XY23: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2023
Bobloco:

https://dailytrust.com/tribunal-requested-us-to-withdraw-from-kano-guber-appeal-inec/

Those that support evil because their kinsman is in power should celebrate this gradual destruction of vital institutions. When the institutions are all dead or captured then Nigeria will be great, and they'll bequeath a working country for their kids.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by fixedhollies(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2023
Wahala… PDP dey learn from all these APC people

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by LudaChriz(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2023
Stupid country

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by ATEAMS: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2023
Inside Life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Designnewlly11: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2023

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by jojothaiv(m): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2023
marenx:
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Sheggy13(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2023
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by YellowbaMoslem: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2023
Inec is suing NNPP that they didn't win? I don't understand o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by princeade86(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2023
U can imagine our democracy

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Shedrack777: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2023
nigeria is progressing daily on the corrupt root. one day, e go better

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by NOwazobia: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Don't tell me your bigotry is also laced with dementia... 🙄

How can you want a good Nigeria when your moniker says otherwise.

Sometimes, just behave as though you have sense even if you have non.

like what nonsense! 🤦🏽‍♂️

16 Likes

Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Igahbarr: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2023
Read the headline again Mr. Man!
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Goodies266: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Alphalite(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2023
Guy, did you read well? When did "Tribunal" become" Tinubu"?

Sheggy13:
How did a moderator allow a post with such mischievous headline get to the frontpage? Don't these moderators read stuffs before they push them to front page? I read through the article and couldn't find anywhere Tinubu's name or Presidency was mentioned in all of it yet, they wrote boldly as the headline: "Tinubu requested us to withdraw..". Seun you can do better than this please, with the openly partisan kind of moderators you have.
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by Sheggy13(m): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2023
Alphalite:
Guy, did you read well? When did "Tribunal" become" Tinubu"?

Oh my mistake lol.
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by shox(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2023
R
Re: Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC by AntiChristian: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2023
NOwazobia:
Don't tell me your bigotry is also laced with dementia... 🙄

How can you want a good Nigeria when your moniker says otherwise.

Sometimes, just behave as though you have sense even if you have non.

like what nonsense! 🤦🏽‍♂️

Despite my moniker I still live with Christians!
Read wetin Paul talk in 2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) / Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP / Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.