Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) (19065 Views)

Major J T Aguiyi Ironsi During An Army Training Exercise At Warminster England / Nigerian Army Women Corps To Hold 7-Day Field Training Exercises / Video As Buhari Receives Briefing On Coronavirus From Health Minister & DG NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by naptu2: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khSLQWr1LaE?si=k4McLjLs0xC1CeL3

Nigerian Army @HQNigerianArmy

PRESS BRIEFING ON NIGERIAN ARMY TRAINING EXERCISES ACROSS THE COUNTRY BY THE DIRECTOR ARMY PUBLIC RELATIONS BRIGADIER GENERAL ONYEMA NWACHUKWU CMH DSS GOM MNIPR PGDAP MIASS ON FRIDAY 6 OCTOBER 2023 AT THE ARMY HEADQUARTERS CONFERENCE ROOM ABUJA

Good morning ladies and Gentlemen

You are welcome to the Headquarters Nigerian Army Conference Room, venue for the press briefing on the upcoming Nigerian Army training exercises across the country.

In line with the Nigerian Army Training Directive for the year 2023, troops of the Nigerian Army in collaboration with Sister Services and other security agencies will be conducting training exercises across the country from October to December 2023. These exercises are designed to improve individual and collective professional competence and would dovetail into real time operations to tackle various peculiar security challenges in the geo-political zones. The exercises are codenamed ‘GOLDEN DAWN III’ in the South east, ‘ENDURING PEACE III’ in the North Central and ‘STILL WATERS III’ in the South-south and South-west.

Exercise GOLDEN DAWN III, taking place in the South east is aimed at tackling security challenges such as armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism, communal clashes and sundry crimes which become more pronounced in the build up to the yuletide, when many citizens return home to celebrate. The exercise will focus on enhancing the capabilities of our troops in intelligence gathering and effective, proactive response to criminalities. With the exercise, we aim to improve the security in the South-east and ensure safety of the populace during the period that will culminate in the yuletide.

Exercise ENDURING PEACE III, taking place in the North-central is primarily to address farmer-header conflicts, cattle rustling, banditry, kidnapping, ethno-religious conflicts and terrorism among others. The exercise will equip our troops with the necessary skills to combat banditry, including hostage rescue operations, intelligence-driven raids and effective coordination with other Sister services and security agencies.

Exercise STILL WATERS III, taking place in the South-South and South-West will target the menace of cultism, robbery and kidnapping. It will equally seek to address the challenges of pipeline vandalism and other forms of economic sabotage. The exercise will also focus on securing critical infrastructures. Our troops would be trained on advanced surveillance techniques, rapid response tactics and the use of technology to effectively counter pipeline vandalism. By conducting this exercise, we aim to curb economic sabotage, protect national assets and ensure a stable environment for economic growth.

The Nigerian Army recognizes the importance of collaboration and synergy among various security agencies in boldly confronting these security challenges. Accordingly, the NA have been working closely with sister services and other agencies, including the Nigeria Police, Department of State Services and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Nigeria Customs Service among others, to ensure well coordinated and effective responses to these threats. Joint training exercises and intelligence sharing will be key components of our approach.

Finally, let me reiterate that the Nigerian Army is fully resolute and committed to surmounting emerging security challenges in troubled parts of the country. Through the upcoming training Exercise STILL WATERS III, Exercise GOLDEN DAWN III and Exercise ENDURING PEACE III we project to enhance the capabilities of our troops, improve synergy with sister services and other security agencies and ultimately ensure the safety and security of the populace.

Thank you for your attention

Source: @HQNigerianArmy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by wittywriter: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
Roger this.

Briefings from NA is better than NPF safety promises.

Wittyness.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Praise012(f): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
We pray for peace in our country 🙏

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by DrGoodman: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ok na

1 Like

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Skillsnigeria: 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
Okay
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Ofemmanu1: 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
bad news for enemies of Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by MadamExcellency: 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nigerian Army is gradually turning into Police Force. What then is different from what we see today on our roads and during military regimes? Same military aggressions on our roads and neighborhoods.

Nigerian Army are meant to fight external aggression and not fighting her own citizens. Police Force is adequate to deal with Kidnapping, armed robbery, cultism and other domestic aggressions.

Soldiers are trained to kill and they are not our friends.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Againstallodds: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Believe me they will be very respectful this time around. The python dance was one of the greatest mistakes of Buhari regime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Felimax(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Keep your training out of South East o. Sambisa Forest is big enough.

I don't like people looking for trouble. Your barracks are big enough I wonder what you guys want to come and do in my backyard.

I hope this training has nothing to do with Simon Ekpa?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Airlohim(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
Felimax:
Keep your training out of South East o. Sambisa Forest is big enough.

I don't like people looking for trouble. Your barracks are big enough I wonder what you guys want to come and do in my backyard.

I hope this training has nothing to do with Simon Ekpa?

We know you're not Igbo, continue deceiving yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Jservice(f): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hmm
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Dpen11(f): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
Okay
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by sotall(m): 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
undecided
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Skillsnigeria: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by iampeterben(m): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria and all our gallant troops.

#OneLove keep us together.

2 Likes

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by lasheun: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
Who one apply for death , in the military where secrecy is the other of the day.
You don't know who is real or not .
I hear o!.
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by ecolime(m): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
This is routine in ember months.

3 Likes

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Triangles1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2023
Some people join just to earned living.

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Godwin4444: 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2023
Many people like me wonders y igbos hate tinubu so bad that they never see anything good in him, it’s understandable cos if u read these facts carefully n u put yourself in igbo peoples shoes u will understand that they have to hate what they can’t defeat n tame

1….when Jonathan was in power, igbos were indirectly ruling through him n even encouraged him to marginalize other region. Igbos felt on top of d world n wished that moment lasted forever but d greatest shock of their life came when tinubu brought buhari…..End of d game for igbos

2….igbos as master propagandist did everything possible to stop buhari n even went as far as bringing back Biafra, them chop wotowoto, they declared buhari dead d no work yet buhari still lock nnamdiot Kanu up in dog cage

3….the greatest shocker for them was when tinubu declared intention to run for president, igbos couldn’t believe what they were seeing, e too shock their inner man n they vow with their lives it won’t b possible…..they did all propaganda against tinubu sote one of them said a doctor told him tinubu will die before election

All their pastors turn pundit, all of them combine still chop am wotowoto

4….since jagaban has been sworn in, it’s from one mumu to d other
25%
Tribunal
Certificate
Date of birth
N all other madness n still tinubu no dey shake

N he’s still standing gidigba till now

Now to d question, if na u b igbo shey u no go hate Tinubu?
Imagine a whole tribe trying to bring down one man n them still no fit to, just tell me y dem no go hate an?

U self reason am, if u fight person 5 times n u no see draw at least once, wetin remain?

Na to hate am ooo, like seriously if I b igbo I will hate tinubu too so many of us shouldn’t b surprised if igbos open 500 threads on tinubu per day

If I were in their shoes I will do same

So try to reason along with them, their pain is understandable

Ireeeeeeeee ooooo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by englishmart(m): 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2023
Tinubu is not a good leader. He Hates Islam. How long will it take before he deploys boys to help Palestine? Is it when Israel has completely pulverised us before he acts?
I stand with the good people of Palestine.

Insha Allah we shall win the ipob wing of Israel

3 Likes

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by thisisit: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mission drift
Wrong Target or focus
Misplaced priority

NA is finished.. Just old glory.!!
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Antiurchins: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ever since the creation of ESN and Unknown gunmen getting to three years now if they are not killing none believers A.K.A saboteurs they are killing rival ESN if they are not killing rival ESN they are killing army if they are not killing army they are killing police if they are not killing police they are killing who didn't sit at home.

Keep deceiving yourself even with your ESN since how many years you can't show us one of these fulani. Are they ghost or what.

Go to the North if u want to see Fulani killers.

There is no fulani killers in Igbo land. If there is catch one for us atleast for once

4 Likes

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
What shenanigans are they up to this time? Who are they planning to kill this time? Their previous training exercises ended with people getting massacred in Lagos, South-East and Kaduna.
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by ukpahu(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nothing good will come out of this, this I have seen.
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ara Kaan Gaza !
Una dey do yeye meetings & TRAINING abt, common boko wey be Intra wee-wee uuna never comb, may we not experience international war visitor. We will keep praying for home & those at HOME 🏡 🙏
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by EBMedia: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
H
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by SETHARTHUR(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
Golden dawn Ii & udoka Ii are doing great jobs in south east. God bless the Nigerian military.

1 Like

Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by Ttipsy(f): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hypocrites

They should assist wike to flush herders out of Abuja

Or end unknown gun men madness
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by money121(m): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) by creativehubb: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Focus more on south east and north, send those terrorists to devil their master.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja / Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent / Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.