Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,967 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? (29259 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2023
pikechukwu6:
■ surprisingly,My one year old son saw me and my wife playing marital right... the next day my wife was caring him while laying on seat. The young boy started pushing up and down his waist grin grin grin. My wife alerts me at the spot. From that moment we put Fullstop about nudity in his presence.
This generation is something else. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Seeing you naked is not the same as seeing you having sex. Please Get that straight. Nudity is not the same as having sex. I know a lot of folks have these two mixed up. undecided
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by benqo01(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
ahnie:
I do this alot in front my kids....I bathe with both of them Sha not all the time.

I change completely in their front,most times I don't even know when I do it sef, because my mind is always pre occupied with activities.

Oga don talk taya.
Abeg there re better things to be worried about.

P.s....those of you quoting me unnecessary should take a rest.
Wonderful Sunday to us all

If you do please stop I don't think it is proper

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by abimic(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Why would any sane parent expose their unclothedness to their kids, regardless the kids' age?

Your unclothedness should only be exposed to your legally married partner. Any other is absolutely wrong and not worthy of emulation.

3 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by LordReed(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I was raised by a religious mother who attached shame to unclothedness and still does but I continue to work to counteract that programming to this day. That is what my response would be. undecided

Would you respond this way to a 5year old for example?
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
abimic:
Why would any sane parent expose their unclothedness to their kids, regardless the kids' age?
Your unclothedness should only be exposed to your legally married partner. Any other is absolutely wrong and not worthy of emulation.
You should go tell that to these women and men in this picture who also live in Nigeria. undecided

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
LordReed:
■ Would you respond this way to a 5year old for example?
Why not? undecided
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Elsueno: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoharry:
No .. completely naked without any clothing to cover your unclothedness around your children .. bathing suit is no nudity to me .. I am taking about completely naked without a clothing to cover Thier nudity

Nah, that is plainly wrong even by oyibo standard..da hell would mummy & daddy walking around d house with gbola & b##bs on display for kids..To me it just seems very creepy

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by 77up(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You mean kind of like how oyinbo dey wear bathing suit dey swim with their kids while Africans feel they need to cover it all up in the name of modesty yet their children are just as hypersexualized from a young age? undecided

2. I have to disagree with this notion that it is wrong or right. I believe it is of great importance to raise children who are very very comfortable with their body and that of others. So long as the parents are not having sex in front of their kids, I don't see anything wrong with it even though I would not go for it myself. undecided
You don't see anything wrong in it and yet, you will not go for it.... Hmmm your opinion though.

Most of our problems will be solved when we stop comparing our existence , attitude and environment with that of Oyinbo.

Op, it's totally wrong going naked in front of the kids , especially that age. I and my wife don't even feel comfortable going naked in the presence of our 3years old boy not to talk of 7.

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why not? undecided

Just asking. I was in that situation recently and I am not sure I gave a good answer.
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by 77up(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
ahnie:
I do this alot in front my kids....I bathe with both of them Sha not all the time.

I change completely in their front,most times I don't even know when I do it sef, because my mind is always pre occupied with activities.

Oga don talk taya.

I can understand you perfectly, they are better part of you so you feel needless to worry about going naked to them but sis trust me , it's not okay , did you even know that some kids will like to be sampling their friends body to see what they normally see on you and from there some other things will be happening and again , they will also not see anything wrong in exposing their body to their friends as well... That attitude is actually endangering their life. We can do better as a parents to stop it, God bless them for us.
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by seunayantokun(m): 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2023
Do you need to ask before you know it is a grievous sin?
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by NewDea4: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoharry:
I had an argument with a friend who told me she and her husband have no problem undressing completely in the presence of thier 10 and 7 years old children ( A boy and a girl ) and they see no problem walking around the house in that state .They are base in the UK and she is surprised I am against it ..they believe with thier style of parenting Thier children would easily be aware of the changes in their body when they attain puberty .

I am not really cool with this and I believe children can be made to understand their bodies still when they attain puberty without parents exposing themselves completely naked in front of them, especially when they are above 4 years old and they are beginning to understand Thier environment. Maybe I am too conservative about this but I would like to hear from you ..

So, guys , at what age do you stop exposing your unclothedness before your kids ?

Totally wrong
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Ishilove: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mindlog:
Some families are nudists and a non issue for them.
QED. I wonder what all the fuss is about

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Emyogalanya: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
YoungLionken:
To balance the equation, if you're over the sea it's not wrong. If you're in Africa, it's wrong...
you will soon think the whites are morally bankrupt like in the movies ?
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Pacesetter2021: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
It's very wrong!

Let me shock you. My aunty baths naked with her grown up daughters and according to her, that has been their culture.

She was telling me this to encourage closeness between parents and children and I was like "thank you Ma"

In my mind I was like creepy ²
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Simeonjoe1: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
VinnyBaba:

See Ahnie and one other Lady saying she Bath with her Kids.😟😒

They don't know Kids of even 3,4years old have SENSE.😏

Dat's how they CORRUPT Kids unknowingly!.🙁😒

LOL all this right or wrong is not fixed.
Majority of the time it'd based on ones socioeconomic condition and cultural values.
For some one that share 1 toilet with multiple tenant where you have to quickly bath and bath the kids, you expect may person dey think right or wrong?
Or a family living in a one bedroom apartment, you expect them to chase the kids outside every time they change?

Abeg all these talk sweet, but for some people they have better things to think about than naked or not naked
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Chasito(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
When I was younger my parents used to dress up before me and my siblings, but not anymore,
So, its morally wrong, although if my mum goes unclad before my sisters I see no wrong in it.

2 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Exceed15: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wrong o. I don't even wear ordinary boxer anymore because my blokos might be showing when am sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Burgerlomo: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
💯 wrong

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by OLULAW: 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2023
Child abuse, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by cococandy(f): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2023
It’s a bit weird going completely nude in front of your kids they are no longer babies/toddlers and especially if they are of a different gender.

They can learn the truth about body changes without all that. My kids start learning about the importance of privacy when they pass toddlers age.

how can a parent teach them that if a grown adult who’s their father or mother is completely naked around them all the time?

They need to learn boundaries

omoharry:
I had an argument with a friend who told me she and her husband have no problem undressing completely in the presence of thier 10 and 7 years old children ( A boy and a girl ) and they see no problem walking around the house in that state .They are base in the UK and she is surprised I am against it ..they believe with thier style of parenting Thier children would easily be aware of the changes in their body when they attain puberty .

I am not really cool with this and I believe children can be made to understand their bodies still when they attain puberty without parents exposing themselves completely naked in front of them, especially when they are above 4 years old and they are beginning to understand Thier environment. Maybe I am too conservative about this but I would like to hear from you ..

So, guys , at what age do you stop exposing your unclothedness before your kids ?
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Babastrong(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
Oyinbo beliefs and behaviour they used to kill our culture..

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by cococandy(f): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
Anytask01:
Our today women will tell you there's nothing wrong with it but it's very very very wrong.

Women are fighting very hard to destroy this world

Just say you don’t have sense and keep it moving
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by phemmyfour: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoharry:

It is wrong, you don't do that infront of kids. It messes up their brains.

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by phemmyfour: 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Anytask01:
Our today women will tell you there's nothing wrong with it but it's very very very wrong.

Women are fighting very hard to destroy this world
That's why we have kids bringing up kids. They don't understand what parenting is all about. Most of them are ACCIDENTAL parents

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by YangaBabe: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
How can it ever be right.

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by phemmyfour: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
ahnie:

Oga don talk taya.

Stop doing it, it's not good for their mental health

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Judd007: 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
So wrong

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by princessyere1(f): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kenmatt:
I didn't go through.

I don't even need to go through.

Nudity in front of Children is a capital NO!

Most Children have photogenic memory.

I can recall vividly my life right from Nursery one till date.
Wow, cool!
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
77up:
You don't see anything wrong in it and yet, you will not go for it.... Hmmm your opinion though. Most of our problems will be solved when we stop comparing our existence , attitude and environment with that of Oyinbo. Op, it's totally wrong going naked in front of the kids , especially that age. I and my wife don't even feel comfortable going naked in the presence of our 3years old boy not to talk of 7.
So the Nigerians in the picture are oyinbos? undecided

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
LordReed:
■ Just asking. I was in that situation recently and I am not sure I gave a good answer.
I don't want the kid growing up believing in untruths. So, I am honest about even these things. undecided

Look at Asian societies where public baths are commonplace and young and old bath together in the same pools. Then compare that to Nigerian society where many are raised to believe it is shameful for someone else to see their unclothedness. Are we really any better or do we just fool ourselves with these all the many sticks we shove up our arses? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't want the kid growing up believing in untruths. So, I am honest about even these things. undecided

Look at Asian societies where public baths are commonplace and young and old bath together in the same pools. Then compare that to Nigerian society where many are raised to believe it is shameful for someone else to see their unclothedness. Are we really any better or do we just fool ourselves with these all the many sticks we shove up our arses? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I know it's not shameful but I what them to get the sense that some other person doing it to them would be a red flag and I wasn't able to properly communicate it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman / Don't Become The Family ATM / My Brother's Wife Wants to Sleep With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.