Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Mumu Igbos And Mumu Yorubas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mumu Igbos And Mumu Yorubas (406 Views)

Was The US Army Handbook Right About Yorubas, Igbos, And Hausas In 1964? / Bad Blood Between Igbos And Ijaws In The Nigerdelta. / Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mumu Igbos And Mumu Yorubas by thinkmoney(m): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
I do not believe what the Ooni of Ife said that Igbos migrated from Ife as I haven’t seen evidence pointing to this. What is obvious is that this two ancient civilizations have long been having contacts with each other even before present day Nigeria. Yorubas have Ifa while Igbos have Afa. Do you perceive the similarity?
The four things that made preservation of sub sahara Africa history difficult are that:
-we didn’t have a developed writing system
-The materials we used for buildings, writings and making of representations, and making things do not last.
-We incidentally have the harsh Sahara desert, vast pacific and Atlantic Oceans, and deep forests caging us in from the rest of the world. And
-Europe invaded us and used about 3hundred years to destroy the history we had.

It baffles me to discover recently that many people do not know that human settlements and land ownership are fluid. A lot think every tribe have always been at their present location.

You are an Ewu (goat) if you are an igbo hating on Yorubas and you are alailopolo (dullard) if you are a Yoruba hating on Igbos. The two tribes have known each other for 100s of years.

1 Like

Re: Mumu Igbos And Mumu Yorubas by Neckpresser101: 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
thinkmoney:
I do not believe what the Ooni of Ife said that Igbos migrated from Ife as I haven’t seen evidence pointing to this. What is obvious is that this two ancient civilizations have long been having contacts with each other even before present day Nigeria. Yorubas have Ifa while Igbos have Afa. Do you perceive the similarity?
The four things that made preservation of sub sahara Africa history difficult are that:
-we didn’t have a developed writing system
-The materials we used for buildings, writings and making of representations, and making things do not last.
-We incidentally have the harsh Sahara desert, vast pacific and Atlantic Oceans, and deep forests caging us in from the rest of the world. And
-Europe invaded us and used about 3hundred years to destroy the history we had.

It baffles me to discover recently that many people do not know that human settlements and land ownership are fluid. A lot think every tribe have always been at their present location.

You are an Ewu (goat) if you are an igbo hating on Yorubas and you are alailopolo (dullard) if you are a Yoruba hating on Igbos. The two tribes have known themselves for 100s of years.

I couldn't agree more smiley

1 Like

Re: Mumu Igbos And Mumu Yorubas by TinubuDeDrugLor: 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
The Fulani destroyed Nigerian history for a purpose....you know what I mean....
Re: Mumu Igbos And Mumu Yorubas by yarimo(m): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:
The Fulani destroyed Nigerian history for a purpose....you know what I mean....
but

(1) (Reply)

In Cycling, Sprint Finishes Are An Integral / Dear Nigerian Feminist / Get Free Shipping On Our Fashion Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.