Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG (8734 Views)

NNPC Failed To Account For N102bn Oil Delivery To Refineries – Senate / Atiku: NNPC Is A Mafia Organisation… I Will Privatise It Even If They’ll Kill Me / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by treesun: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
The Senate has called for the privatisation of moribund oil refineries owned by the Federal Government.

This call was made by the Senate through its committee on Finance, chaired by Senator representing Niger East and a member of the All Progressives Congress, Sani Musa.

Musa made the call in Abuja on Saturday while fielding questions from journalists on the way forward after the celebration of the country’s 63rd Independence anniversary.

According to him, the refineries have more or less turned into bottomless pits for the government as far as turnaround maintenance was concerned.

“For me, my candid advice to the Federal Government on the nation’s apparently moribund oil refineries is for them to be privatised.

“Proceeds from such privatisation should be sunk into the mining sector for jobs creation for the teeming Nigerian youth who are roaming the streets on a daily basis.

“The youth constitute 70 per cent of Nigeria’s population and must be made to be productive which is doable if the mining and Agricultural sectors are repositioned for that.”

Senator added, “The Not too young to run opportunity given to the youth in the political terrain should be practically extended to the realm of innovation by providing them with a conducive environment and enablement to innovate as it is, in most developed countries.”
https://punchng.com/privatise-moribund-refineries-senate-tells-fg/

2 Likes

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Solsix(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
Long over due

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by treesun: 12:20am On Oct 09, 2023
Nlfpmod, do they learn, still wasting scarce resources!
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by HeatSeeker(m): 1:43am On Oct 09, 2023
On a serious note, people benefitted from the non-functional state of our refineries in an almost criminal way. It is not enough to sell off the refineries, this people should be brought to book!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Smithkafors(m): 5:06am On Oct 09, 2023
This should have been the first thing….baba rush without any knowledge nor ministers to ban Subsidy. He never even investigate the matter.

Blind man leading blind people. Now everywhere don scatter. Everyone eye don clear, even senate dey advice am now before e carry them go where they no know.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by accordadoga26(f): 6:01am On Oct 09, 2023
Hehehe

This mod just dey push threads to front page back to back this early morning.

E be like say pastor don use the following verses preach for Sunday sermon yesterday:

Proverbs 22:29 - Seest thou a man diligent in his work? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

Proverbs 10:4. 4 - Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. ...

Proverbs 12:24 - Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.

Corinthians 15:8 - Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to work, because you know that your labor is not in vain.

Abeg no just ban me this week, make u forgive me all my trespass because I must commit. Make that yesterday sermon guide you throughout this week ooo.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by TheKing4040(m): 6:02am On Oct 09, 2023
FG wey nor know itself .. Nigeria makes me angry everyday, because i know as a country we are not supposed to be in this current mess and situation where thousands and millions of citizen still struggle for food not to even talk of good jobs.

With our resources, Nigerians after graduation should be able to choose from lots of jobs which they prefer to work on, but these bastard politicians steal and steal and pack everything abroad and citizens are left fighing for crumbs and then go back around to hail and worship this same policitians that put them in this mess ..

Just take a look at the entire world and then you will realise that the black race is the most backward and the less respected.. i begin to wonder where the problem started from.. we see politicians openly stealing our common wealth and funds and we continue to praise them because we belong to same tribe or party or whatever.with this mindset i swear subsaharan Africa will continue to remain the last race amongst others ..funny thing civilization started from AFRICAN lol. I'm laughing but i WEEP for AFRICA

2 Likes

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Powerdrunk: 6:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Ran-out-of-idea set of Rogu£$
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Jestin: 6:03am On Oct 09, 2023
This people projecting it are the people that will buy it too. Dead country

1 Like

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by JoshTim: 6:03am On Oct 09, 2023
Right decision
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by garriAndsugar: 6:04am On Oct 09, 2023
APC senators now wiser than their druggie president grin.
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Chibuzoripob: 6:04am On Oct 09, 2023
cool OBJ already done with that b4 late Adua reversed it.

1 Like

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by theophorus(m): 6:05am On Oct 09, 2023
We privatize NEPA but nothing to show for it.

Na we still dey spend money for power generation but those distribution companies refuse even distributing.

Abeg, get the refineries work and flush out the thieves there. We cannot afford to sell all out assets as a Nation just because of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by ponishah: 6:10am On Oct 09, 2023
treesun:

https://punchng.com/privatise-moribund-refineries-senate-tells-fg/
Privatize so that you can buy it as scrap and kill it.
The NEPA that we privatized is almost dead because you sold to yourselves.
These people are so impotent in management or are just too weak in brain. So it is now impossible to manage the refinery, you have no brain to manage it, then where is the magic you all promised us.

1 Like

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Nbote(m): 6:11am On Oct 09, 2023
Bnn
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Adabestseason(m): 6:13am On Oct 09, 2023
Privatized to who,which mining sector,why not call for empowerment of the artisanal refiners the locals in the north are allowed to mined their natural resources,who are the owners of oil wells in the niger-delta.FG should hand them over to states where refineries are located,simply because you are being paid for doing nothing you are calling for privatization of refineries,where misfits are employed-federal character due to recommendations from northern politicians.Pipelines contracts awarded to northern oil companies has never caught your attention only privatizing refineries is your major legislative business.

1 Like

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Kukutente23: 6:16am On Oct 09, 2023
I don't understand this logic of privatisation I keep hearing in Nigeria.
Which private investor will buy a moribund refinery? Is he buying it to use as a relic or collector's item?
Just tell us the truth. The refineries can work. But our govt is too corrupt and inefficient to get them working and keep them so.
Let's know what we are dealing with!

1 Like

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Abagworo(m): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2023
Obasanjo once again wins. Nigerians should honor Obasanjo forever
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by EyeCumInPiss: 6:35am On Oct 09, 2023
We are just chasing shadows in this corn3.

You can never enjoy your car, when you have a bad Mechanic.
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by CJStarz: 6:49am On Oct 09, 2023
I guess the Mod is newly employed. He or she is doing a good job at the moment. I just hope the Nigerian factor won't creep in on him or her, eventually

accordadoga26:
Hehehe

This mod just dey push threads to front page back to back this early morning.

E be like say pastor don use the following verses preach for Sunday sermon yesterday:

Proverbs 22:29 - Seest thou a man diligent in his work? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

Proverbs 10:4. 4 - Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. ...

Proverbs 12:24 - Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.

Corinthians 15:8 - Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to work, because you know that your labor is not in vain.

Abeg no just ban me this week, make u forgive me all my trespass because I must commit. Make that yesterday sermon guide you throughout this week ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by ednut1(m): 6:54am On Oct 09, 2023
Who will buy refineries that have not worked in 30 plus years 😒
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by immortalmortal: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2023
HeatSeeker:
On a serious note, people benefitted from the non-functional state of our refineries in an almost criminal way. It is not enough to sell off the refineries, this people should be brought to book!

"Almost criminal"? Please call a spade a spade. People benefitted in a very criminal way
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by jahsharon: 7:01am On Oct 09, 2023
Smithkafors:
This should have been the first thing….baba rush without any knowledge nor ministers to ban Subsidy. He never even investigate the matter.

Blind man leading blind people. Now everywhere don scatter. Everyone eye don clear, even senate dey advice am now before e carry them go where they no know.

Blind man leading blind people. So your parents are blind people. Sorry oooo
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by immortalmortal: 7:04am On Oct 09, 2023
HeatSeeker:

"Almost criminal"? Please call a spade a spade. People benefitted in a very criminal way
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by simfrost90210: 7:08am On Oct 09, 2023
🙄🙄are you people just waking up to facts?
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by juman(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2023
Obasanjo was a good president but bad political leader.
He mad many good decisions and had many achievement as president but could not sustain them.
Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by eldoradoxx: 7:17am On Oct 09, 2023
Atiku lost 2019 election for saying exactly this same thing. Irresponsible APC propaganda machine came to town immediately Atiku said he will sell off/ privatize the refineries if elected. Today, National Assembly wants the same thing. How do you have a factory or company that for over 20 years has not produced one product but you keep investing billions in servicing it and paying salaries. It is a class A definition of foolishness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Privatise Moribund Refineries, Senate Tells FG by Beverlyjean(f): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2023
Atiku proposed this in 2019....APC used propaganda to destroy the news... saying Atiku wanted to buy them to enrich himself ...and the multitude of fools and gullible thwarts bought the propaganda

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BIAFRA: South-south Group Kicks Against Secession - Dailytimes / This Is How A Leader Speaks With Pride About His Nation At The UN / Order Police IG To Enforce Benue Anti-Open Grazing Law - Reps Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.